Start by marking “The Winter Passing” as Want to Read:
The Winter Passing

The Winter Passing

The days of Centaury’s mundane life are starting to fall through her; her job is going nowhere and her relationship with her childhood sweetheart is faltering. The island where she grew up is calling her home and it’s starting to bother her that she can’t remember why she ran away or what it was she left behind.

A chance encounter starts to free her memories and she learns
ebook
Published June 21st 2018 by Reckless Yes

To ask other readers questions about The Winter Passing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Winter Passing

Start your review of The Winter Passing
Emma Pearson
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I know the author!

My weakness in books is the melding of urban contemporary and epic fantasy. This isn't a Dresden Files or Rivers of London ripoff. It's steeped in UK culture, paganism and the importance of the solstice.

There are a lot of characters I hadn't seen before here, archetype-wise--the Fire Maiden, Taury's boss at the museum, even Pete is a kind of person you don't see too often in fantasy novels. Linnhe/Ciaran too.
There's clearly a lot of lore that's gone into these
Leah Kinthaert
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Some good clean witchy fun for your beach read this summer!

I don't normally read fantasy/sci-fi, I prefer nonfiction but thoroughly enjoyed this. Being a complete newbie I can only compare it to several TV shows or films with a similar theme. When it comes to shows, I actually prefer sci-fi/action and I can see this book doing really well translated into a film or series.

At times it reminded me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, at other times Shadowhunters. Its Northern European countryside setting r
Darren Singleton
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A captivating and very well written debut novel. Fantasy isn't normally my type of genre but I found this book to be difficult to put down, and liked the way the main characters are fleshed out and have their own unique personalities - it meant I actually cared what happened to them. Also most of the characters aren't simply "good" or "bad" - they have more depth than that.
Written in the first-person, the story is engaging from the start as our hero Centaury struggles with a normal mundane life
Lauren
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A strong, fast, exciting, powerful story of courage and camaraderie with characters led by their hearts and their guts. If you found yourself locked in this magical tale of mystery and secrets this is the squad you need at your back. So good I got an extra copy for my BFF!
Lindsay Billsborrow
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this fast paced spine tingling tale of magic and mystery of a girl who has run away from her remote Scottish island home to the big smoke. She seems to be being called back home but can’t remember her past or why she left all she knows is that there is fear and people close to her are not being honest.
A great debut novel I’m already excited to read the sequel
There are so many amazing little details in this story that mean it is very rereadable and have the potential to build
Lisa
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A complex world with more to offer

A fascinating debut novel. Sarah Lay has created a complex world of myth and magic and barely scraped the surface of it in this first novel in the series. There’s still a lot for a reader of fantasy fiction to enjoy, with the added thrill of more novels to come to fully explore the potential of the world of the Morrigans and the threat of the Neiman.
Caroline Gill
Amy Johnson
Jun 06, 2020
And On She Reads
Jul 24, 2020

• Quantum (Captain Chase #1)
  • Death in the Dentist's Chair
  • Rings On Her Fingers (Psychic Seasons #1)
  • Bonjour Blanc: A Journey Through Haiti
  • A Father's Protection (Tales of Ferrês, #1)
  • The Midnight Land:  Part One:  The Flight (The Zemnian Trilogy, #1)
  • Iron Will (The Shifting Tides #4)
  • Martian Plague
  • Shockwave (Star Kingdom #1)
  • Rogue Stars: 7 Novels of Space Exploration and Adventure
  • Superdreadnought 1 (Superdreadnought, #1)
  • Restore (Stories of Singularity, #1)
  • Open Minds (Mindjack #1)
  • Ancient Barons and the Returned Assassin (Code of Rainbow, #2)
  • Extinction Lost (The Extinction Cycle #6.5)
  • Outlaw (Rebel Stars, #1)
  • Earthweeds (Sons of Neptune, #1)
  • Harvester 7