Start by marking “A Tender Curiosity (A Collection of Three Short Stories)” as Want to Read:
A Tender Curiosity (A Collection of Three Short Stories)

A Tender Curiosity (A Collection of Three Short Stories)

Take a journey into the past and meet the men who laughed, lived, and loved in a bygone era. This collection includes three short but sweet tales of infatuation, adventure, humor, and even a dash of the paranormal.

Published June 15th 2018 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about A Tender Curiosity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tender Curiosity

G.
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Collects three short m/m stories set in 20s/30s. The first two I found adorable. The last one not so much. It was the only one with a paranormal aspect to it and that kinda flopped flat on its face medium hard. Worth reading for the first two, maybe.
CrabbyPatty
This is a collection of three short stories, set in America in the 1920's and 1930's:

When Love Walked In is set in the early 1930's in the Depression. Bruce is a burly private dick who runs into a down-on-his-luck homeless man, Jace, in his apartment building. Bruce gives Jace a meal, a place to stay, and a job as his secretary. The story is very short and sweet as the two men celebrate Valentine's Day together, with the promise of many, many more together.

In His Corner is set in 1923 with Jesse
Joyfully Jay
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

A Tender Curiosity is a sweet collection of novellas from Charlie Cochet that do not especially connect in theme, but all have a nostalgic tone. The setting for each is roughly in post-prohibition, Great Depression-era, New York City. The lingo really helped me feel like I was back in a film noir of that period.

While I liked When Love Walked In the best, the stories are all intriguing and interesting. Also, with each being roughly 30 pages long, they are perfect
Skirmish
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: http://neverhollowed.tumblr.com/tagge...
Soundtrack: http://neverhollowed.tumblr.com/tagge...
Rating: 3 Stars - not exactly setting my world on fire but I liked it
Serena Yates
Visiting the past can be educational or fun and entertaining, and ‘A Tender Curiosity’ offers three looks at history, two of them “real” and one paranormal. All of the stories evoke the vibe of times past, with clothing, food, and the kind of language used in the past. The author does a great job setting the scene as well as telling stories that are typical for the early years of the 19th century. I thoroughly enjoyed exploring history through the various characters’ eyes.

Please find my full rev
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

This anthology consists of three short stories from Charlie Cochet. They are all very different from one another and I really liked that about this collection. These are all new stories to me however I do believe that these stories have all been released before.

My favorite of the bunch is probably the first story. However, I do think all of them are really fun. You can get a different glimpse of Cochet’s writing style with these stories, showing me that she is a versatile author. After this, I
haletostilinski
Overall, about 4 stars for all three stories.

The first story, When Love Walked In was really good and my favorite of the three. I would have it 5 stars and it ended WAY too soon! Bruce and Jace had wonderful chemistry and Jace was adorable and they JUST got started when it the short story ended and I just wanted MORE. I wanted a full length novel of these two, honestly. Their connection was good and believable from the start and their build up was written well enough that it was believable when
Under the Covers Book Blog

Amber
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review available at: https://optimumm.blog/2018/06/15/revi...

In Tender Curiosity by Charlie Cochet, the author invites us to take a journey into the past and meet the men who laughed, lived, and loved in a bygone era. This collection includes three short but sweet tales of infatuation, adventure, humor, and even a dash of the paranormal.

Jess
This book was provided for free by the publisher and Love Bytes in exchange for an honest review.

This review was first posted to Love Bytes: LGBTQ Book Reviews. It has been slightly edited here for content.

Charlie Cochet is an incredibly diverse and varied writer, but her historical works have a special place in my heart. I was excited to see she has a collection of three historical stories set in the first half of the 20th century. We get all the smoky noir and Gatsby-like glam of the times whi
Jovan
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75

A Tender Curiosity is, overall, a cute collection of short stories connected by being set in the 1920s and ‘30s. For the most part, Charlie Cochet does a good job establishing enough character traits/personalities for the MCs in the stories to keep them from being flat or boring. I also appreciated the use of time appropriate dialogue and slang, and although it does make a few lines of dialogue sound a bit stilted, it’s fun, nonetheless.

In Love Walked In, gruff and grumpy PI Bruce finds his
Heather
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: charlie-cochet
Followers of my blog and reviews have probably long ago noticed I am HUGE historical lover so when I saw this collection from Charlie Cochet I jumped at the chance to load it into my Kindle. It was well worth the jumping😉😉 Sometimes with collections, authors are re-releasing short stories in one book for dozens of different reasons and in doing that the reader has sometimes previously read one or two. This time I have never read the three tales Charlie Cochet has collected in A Tender Curiosity, ...more
Natosha Wilson
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not the typical book that I would relate to Charlie Cochet. Well not completely anyway. But regardless I still found this book to be very intriguing. Charlie Cochet is by far one of my favorite authors and when a book comes out by her, I have to have it because I know that it will be good.

This is a book that is a short collection of three short stories. Each story is different then the last but no less in intrigue. Each story has a different theme then the last. One of the three stories
Heather
When Love Walked In
Private investigator Bruce Shannon’s cases of missing persons and infidelity don’t inspire warm feelings around Valentine’s Day. Luckily Bruce is quite happy with only his cat for companionship—until handsome Jace Scarret wanders off the street and into Bruce’s life.
In His Corner
Former world heavyweight boxing champion Jessie “the Demon” Dalton needs a cornerman, and Eli jumps at the chance, hoping for answers about why Jessie broke his heart years ago. It soon becomes clear t
DeeNeez
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three short stories, with the only commonality is they are historical, around the 20’s and 30’s.
The first one, When Love Walked In, was absolutely adorable and sweet. PI Bruce is in need of secretary and Jace was in need of a job and home. And their fates are sealed when Bruce’s cat Mittens takes to Jace. Loved it! My favorite of the three.

The second, In His Corner, was the odd one of the three. About a boxer and his cornerman. I just couldn’t get into this story, it left me feeling ‘eh’. My lea
Cathy Brockman
Normally I rate short stories individually but since these are all so short I am going to do a general overall review.

All three stories have historical settings. One of the three has a supernatural or paranormal element.
I liked all three stories especially the last one. I think it was my favorite. I would have liked to have seen all of these in longer stories.
The characters are all good, the stories, charming and I loved the settings. They all just left me wanting more and with a few questions.
Katherine
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read, very sweet and filled with passion despite the short lengths of the stories. All taking place in times when the couples could not be out about their relationships, even had to be careful in approaching each other at times, there still managed to be so much hope and love. From a PI, a washed out boxer, and a mysterious radio owner the stories varied greatly but found their way to the match. While the first two were well and complete as a beautiful start to a romance I would ...more
Sarah McDerment
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Love Walked In

Set in the early 1930's in the Depression, Bruce is a PI who deals in missing person cases. He meets Jace in his appartment building, Jace is homeless and having a hard time so Bruce invites him home for a warm meal and offers him a job. A great little read and the MC's had great personalities. Too short, just as I was looking forward to more it ended but otherwise I really enjoyed it.
In His Corner

Jul 02, 2018
DTBrazil
Jul 08, 2018
Sevin
rated it did not like it
Aug 16, 2018
Oct 18, 2018
Sandra Ribeiro
Sep 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Charlie Cochet is the international bestselling author of the THIRDS series. Born in Cuba and raised in the US, Charlie enjoys the best of both worlds, from her daily Cuban latte to her passion for classic rock.

Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found devouring a book, re