Start by marking “Opostos (Lux, #5)” as Want to Read:
Opostos (Lux, #5)

Opostos

(Lux #5)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  57,747 ratings  ·  6,354 reviews
Katy sabe que o mundo mudou desde a noite da chegada dos Luxen.

Ela não consegue acreditar que Daemon tenha se juntado à sua própria raça ou que vá ficar de braços cruzados enquanto esses novos Luxen tentam varrer todos os seres humanos e híbridos da face da Terra. No entanto, as linhas entre o bem e o mal não são mais tão nítidas, e o amor se tornou uma emoção
Published July 15th 2018 by Editora Valentina (first published August 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Opostos, please sign up.
Ayushma Neku OMG!OMG!OMG!

OMG!OMG!OMG!

You can check Jennifer's site (http://www.jenniferarmentrout.com/a-s...) and they name hime Adam!!

So excited>>>(less)

·  57,747 ratings  ·  6,354 reviews

Nick
5 STARS and believe me I would rate in more if I could.

First of all I can't describe how GREAT this series is.Mind blowing.It has everything. Action ,romance ,fun ,jokes ,tense moments,everything.The characters fit with the story perfectly.Also the story never gets boring.The chemistry between characters... amazing!

Me while reading the book:

“What the hell, man?” Dawson exploded, hands flying up. “I was on level sixty-nine of Candy Crush, you bastard. Do you know how hard that—?”

5 STARS and believe me I would rate in more if I could.

Me while reading the book:

Mountain View

“We were supposed to have tonight and tomorrow, and many weeks and months, but we didn't have even another minute.”

Mountain View

“It's like you have a special skill when it comes to finding condoms. Seriously. They must fall out of the sky whenever you're around.”

Mountain View

And the ending was terrific.It made sense and it was nothing as I expected.The epilogue was one of the best parts of the book.It was funny and it ended the book perfectly.

Mountain View

I can't tell how much I dig this series.It goes beyond the words.I highly recommend it, it's my all time favorite series and believe if I could wash up my brain to read this again I would in a breathe.I am so sure that I won't get over this one for a long long time , I mean how can I ? It's freaking PERFECT.

After reading Opposition...
Mountain View

Thank you Jennifer , for giving us a wonderful story , thank you.

Mountain View

*Pictures from the review are not mine, I took them mostly from Google images or Tumblr*
Irma
After Reading: Review to come!!

OMG!! If has a cover!! Finally! And I love it!!!!

Okay according to JLA:

- "DB" was left behind in Vegas in Origin. But he may make an appearance again.
- Archer and Dee are together in Opposition.
- Blake is really dead. Like, dead dead dead.
- What would be the mix between an Origin and Luxen? A: pretty badass
- You will find out in Opposition why Daemon didn’t reply to Katy in th
Christy
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Save the World stars!

photo b1643796-db2e-4b95-8c74-ce4e669637df_zps333479c6.jpg

This is one of those epically awesome series. There is just no other way to describe it. When I first picked up Obsidian, I had no idea what to expect. I read paranormal ya every now and then, but it’s not my genre of choice. Still, I gave it a go. I was hooked. I loved everything about Daemon and Katy. All 5 of these boo
jessica
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wow. i cant believe this is over. just wow. if you had told me a week or so ago that i would enjoy obsess over a series about an alien boy and a human girl, i would have called you crazy. but this series is soooo much more than that.

and so, at the end of 11 days, 5 books, and 1 entertaining story, i have two things on my mind:

1. where in the world (or any other worlds, for that matter) can i get myself a daemon black?! because i need one. hes such a babe and im so in love. and,

2. WHAT D
Wendy Higgins
Jen nailed this series with an epic conclusion. Loved it!!!
Kris-10
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aliens, favorites
The perfect end to a perfect series. Daemon and Katy will always have a special place in my heart. <3

BTW, if you've finished Opposition you definitely want to go read THIS. Trust me. :)

description

I **NEED** THIS BOOK!!!!! I THOUGHT OPAL'S CLIFFHANGER WAS BAD, BUT IT'S GOT NOTHING ON THE STATE OF NEED AND DESPERATION THAT ORIGIN HAS LEFT ME IN!!!! I AM NOT KIDDING!!!! I AM UNCOMFORTABLY CLOSE TO HUDDLING IN A CORNER AND ROCKING. JENNIFER, WHY? I THOUGHT YOU LOVED YOUR READERS, WHY WOULD YOU TORTURE US THIS WAY?!?!

Why is 2014 so far away...... I need a freakin' time machine!!!

Jennifer L. Armentrout: "I will also confirm this: The last two books in the series that are currently untitled are in dual POVs (Daemon and Katy). There you go."

**DIES**

UPDATE: IT HAS A TITLE: OPPOSITION

SNEAK PEEK:

Katy

I always had this plan for the off chance I was around for the end of the world. I’d climb up on my roof top, turn up the radio, blast R.E.M.’s It’s The End of The World, and watch it all go down from my lofty perch.

Except real life rarely turned out that cool.

And it was really happening—it was the end of the world as we knew it, and I sure as hell didn’t feel fine.

Everything had changed and we had been the catalyst for it all.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Back in the day, I had this plan for the off chance that I was around for the whole end-of-the-world thing. It involved climbing up on my roof and blasting R.E.M.'s "It's the End of the World as We Know it (And I Feel Fine)" as loud as humanly possible, but real life rarely turns out that cool.

It was happening-everything about the world as we knew it was ending, and it sure as hell did not feel fine. Or Cool.

The Luxen invasion happened. =(

and things changed for everyone.

People were being killed left and
Katerina
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I'm game for anything with you, Daemon Black.”

That's it.The series that made me put aside my truest love after books (that would be sleep),that occupied my every thought for a week,that made me an antisocial madwoman mumbling about aliens,is over.Kat and Daemon's story is over.

“It didn't matter how many hours,days,months,or years we had stretched out in front of us;we'd always be together.This kind of love was the real deal,stronger thaclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Kristen
5–HEART-POUNDING, INTENSE, AND AMAZING–Stars

description

I can't think of the last time a book had me sitting on the edge of my seat, biting my nails, and holding my breath. Opposition captivated and enthralled me from the first heart-pounding page to the last. I LOVED IT!

I am so sad to see this series eqnd. I have LOVED watching Katy's and Daemon's characters grow and matuclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
I
Sophia
As a thank you for the Lux Series reaching the USA Today Bestsellers List, JLA has rewarded us with a glimpse of Kat and Daemon's future that takes place a few years after Opposition. YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS! SQUEEEEE!

.............................................................................................................
5 AMAZING OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD BITTERSWEET SWOONWORTHY STARS!

Such an outstanding conclusion to one of my all-time favorite series. It was all I expected and more and I will definitely miss these characters and the amazing world Jennifer Armentrout has created. I'm sad to see this series e
Jennifer Kyle
I helped save the planet in this book so… you’re welcome. It was my pleasure to save all of mankind alongside one of my absolute favorite book couples, Daemon Black and Katy Swartz.

"They're up to something big. "Obviously." I smiled faintly. "The whole invading-Earth part kind of gave that away."

description

I never thought I would fall as hard as I did for these characters when I gave the first book of this series a chance. I mean a book about aliens in high school? But it happened and I loved every page of this serieSwartz.
Lucia
Once again conclusion to series (that I love) written by JLA did not satisfy me. Was it because I outgrew this series? Was it the lack of essential "something" that was present in previous instalments but not in this one? Or was it the fact that both POVs merged in and I found myself confused numerous times about whose POVs I was reading? I think it was mixture of all three things. I enjoyed banters (it is Daemon after all) but overall I didn't like this book because it didn't reached the level ...more
♥ The Book Snob ♥
OHHH MYYYYYYYYY GOD!

photo SuperExcitedGif_zpsa635f34a.gif

A FIFTH BOOK! AND THAT TOO IN DUAL POV ! I know Origin will be in dual POV too. But, still. A second book in dual POV!
OMG! OMG! OMG!

photo excited2_zps9a01a0bc.gif

AM I IN HEAVEN? OR AM I DREAMING?
PIIIIIINNCCCCHHHHHH ME SOMEONE!

But 2014?
Shoot me de
Elena
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
❝Kat fascinated me, every aspect of her. She was beautiful, but it went so beyond that. She was so incredibly strong, and she bore the scars of her strength like a prizefighter. She was smart and stubborn, but most of all, she was kind, and she'd given me the ultimate gift when she loved me in return.❞

Thank you Jennifer L. Armentrout for letting me find a way to love one of your series and persuade me to keep going when I didn't mean to and expected to completely fall in love with it and completely shut down ev
Sophia Triad
It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Yes, the world has beyond doubt changed
BUT
Katy does NOT feel fine.

Daimon has picked a side and abandoned her.
Or this is what Katy thinks.

“Kat.” He uttered my name like it was some kind of prayer, and then he pressed a kiss against the skin behind my ear. “I broke every rule of my kind to heal you and keep you with me. I … burned down an entire city to keep you safe. I’ve killed for you. Did you think I/>
Shannon (leaninglights)
I FINALLY finished this series! While I didn't enjoy this last book at all compared to the first one in the series, I will always love Katy and Daemon as characters. This series could been much more effective as a trilogy and I love/hate all the Twilight parallels (I really can't decide if they are genius or obnoxious). I think the story got too big for the world ultimately but I am glad I stuck with it and finished it. Jennifer's writing is addictive and hilarious as always and I'm excited to v ...more
Andreea Pop
REVIEW:

I’m bawling my eyes right at this very moment, because this series is over and lemme just tell you that it ended PERFECTLY. Opposition is absolutely top-notch fangirling material, set to conclude one of the most addictive stories by raising the bar on sexiness, action, heartbreak and pure, unloaded fun. It was everything I could’ve hoped for and then some – I completely loved it.

“Kitten?”
“Yeah?”
His eyes were beautiful w
it.
Brandi
4.5 Stars

"You ready to play, Kitten?"

description

Opposition was bittersweet for me, it's the final book in the Lux series. The world is in chaos, between fighting invading aliens and secret government agencies - is there a light at the end of the tunnel for Daemon and Katy?

I knew in that tiny second as we stared each other down that this was the beginning and this was also the end. The Luxen were truly invading.

Katy was such a badass in this book, and of course Daemon had me constantly swooning. I really enjoyed this action-packed concluKaty?
Stars
DW
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lux
Holy Alien butt cracks, that was frigging fantastic!!!

The entire Lux series has been five stars for me. I don't think that there was anything about these books that I did not like.

photo C834A01A-FCD7-49A9-B398-87E0D5572D20_zpscivmrpbw.jpg

"I broke every rule of my kind to heal you and keep you with me. I married you and burned down an entire city to keep you safe. I’ve killed for you. Did you think I’d forget what you mean to me? That anything in this world—in any world—would be stronger than my love for you?”

Holy Alien butt cracks, that was frigging fantastic!!!

photo C834A01A-FCD7-49A9-B398-87E0D5572D20_zpscivmrpbw.jpg

photo 769A7274-4C3C-43AA-A742-64BE2D0C7FEF_zpsfkefoh9f.png

Daemon Black is sexy, arrogant, kicks ass and protects the ones that he loves especially Katy. There is absolutely nothing that he wouldn't do for her. He would burn the world down and fight his own kind to protect Katy. That is exactly what he did. From the very first book, I knew that I was going to love Daemon even if at times I wanted to punch him in the face. His arrogance was a little over the top in the beginning but like he said:

"Luxen are naturally arrogant"

By the second book I was pretty much in love with this gorgeous alien.

photo B809D2DE-EC3C-4FB0-A747-C65394A19F50_zpsxxhznjhi.jpg

Katy was badass. I mean she fought just as hard as everyone else. Her love for Daemon would not let her fail when she was fighting the Arum, Luxen or the Origins. I loved her personality so much and the fact that she didn't let Daemon tell her what to do just made me love her even more.

photo E862D947-151F-4A8D-9C4F-C57E19EA5B99_zps9zphnakh.jpg

I liked the secondary characters with the exception of Andrew and Ash. I was so not a fan of theirs. Dawson, Dee, Adam, Archer and even Luc were great though.

Sooo... If you are a fan of aliens, action and some romance, then you might really like this series. I know that I sure did!
Amy | Foxy Blogs
I read this one via an audio book. I bought the audio so I could listen to it while I worked out. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate and I had to shelf the audio until the weather improved a little.

description

Since I spread out my listening over a long period of time I will refrain from rehashing the plot. I will say that I'm glad I got to experience this paranormal and I'll miss our crazy little book blogger who had an alien neighborhood. Hard to believe I started this journey with the Lux serie
Natalie Monroe

“Kat whipped toward me, her eyes glowing from within. In that moment, she looked like a goddess—a goddess of vengeance.

[Daemon's thoughts:] If we weren’t in the middle of a fight, I’d have you up against a tree right now.”

If I had to compare this finale to food, it would be porridge. It's satisfying, fills your stomach and you can even mix in honey or raisins to sweeten it. But you wouldn't ask for seconds. Not to mention three very angry bears that would be on you faster than you can say, "Goldilocks did
Sabrina
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Did you think I’d forget what you mean to me? That anything in this world—in any world—would be stronger than my love for you?”

*screams in the distance

Nothing can get in the way of Daemon and Kath.

The amount of development, love and passion they have is superb!
I’m crying at how incredible their love is.
One of the main reasons why I loved this series so much.
I just love the dynamic they have, and every time they have a scene togetheclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Tina
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!

AMAZING. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! AH-MAY-ZING! I’m biased (just to let you know) when I say that this book was a fantastic end to a wonderful series! I’ve been a huge Lux fan since book 1 (as well as an Armentrout fan overall) and still am so it’s no surprised that I found this book absolutely wonderful. Like Ms. Armentrout, I too find it bittersweet to see this series end. I’ll keep this review brief-ish since I’m never really good at writing reviews for the last book in a
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo luxseries_zpsd0aafe42.jpg

Opposition is book number five in the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. How in the world do I ever do this book or this series justice in a review? I have loved this series from page one of book one. It’s a wonder my heart survived all the action scenes and will any other book couple ever be able to compete with Daemon and Katy? No, I don’t think so. Even though I am saddened to say goodbye to these characters, JLA did a fantastic job in this series conclusion.

“I wasn’t the same girl who
K
Jan 16, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
******IT HAS A TITLE!*******
and that title is???????
OPPOSITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I started to get a little antsy I must admit. It wasn't pretty See for yourself...

Opposition? I'm assuming this means opposition between humans and Luxens maybe(of course with everyone being against each-other, it could means lots of things...

As for the rest...

Dameon and Katy

class="gr-hostedUserImg">
is???????
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Now that was a jaw dropping finish to a astoundingly epic series! It was a suspenseful, unpredictably, gorgeous finale. I'm pretty speechless, lol. Loved the way it ended, didn't disappoint in the least.
Catarina
5 “I can’t believe this is the last one!!” Stars!!

description

In this last installment of the LUX series we finally have what we’ve been waiting for since book 1: the war between luxen, arums and humans. And the previous book only left us with questions.
Who are the bad guys after all? Who is trying to ruin mankind? Or is mankind trying to rule all the others species?
If you are a fan of these books sit down and get ready for an amazing reading and ending. If you haven’t read this books because you believe nothing good can co
Aimz
OMG I don't even know where to start. I put off reading this for a week. I wasn't ready for the end. I knew it would break my heart to say goodbye. I fell so hard for this series. And it was a long year to get to this beautiful ending. Thank you Ms Armentrout. Thank you for giving this story life. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself for our simple entertainment. Reading saves all of us in different ways. This series saved me last year when I was in a bad place. It brought me out of a hole. ...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

I'm so glad I'm finally done with the Lux series, it was painful but I managed to make it to the end. I didn't have high expectations for Opposition, I knew the MC's would be as insipid and frustrating as ever and it was pretty obvious how things would work out. But I have to admit that I enjoyed Opposition more than I thought I would, it was still rather rubbish but unlike most other JLA books it had the odd moment of being entertaining.

Random thoughts:

-One of the most enjoyable aspects was the world, I a/>Random

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Hover (The Taking, #2)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Dust to Dust (Experiment in Terror #9)
  • Spirit (Elemental, #3)
  • Erased (Altered, #2)
  • Touching Fire (Touch, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)
  • Ceaseless (Existence Trilogy, #3)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Vir

Lux (5 books)
  • Obsidian (Lux, #1)
  • Onyx (Lux, #2)
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • Origin (Lux, #4)
“Kat.” He uttered my name like it was some kind of prayer, and then he pressed a kiss against the skin behind my ear. “I broke every rule of my kind to heal you and keep you with me. I … burned down an entire city to keep you safe. I’ve killed for you. Did you think I’d forget what you mean to me? That anything in this world— in any world— would be stronger than my love for you?” 306 likes
“It’s not like I’m going to run up and hug him.”
His expression turned bland. “I’d sure hope not. I might get jealous.”
“You’d get jealous if she hugged a tree,” Archer tossed out.
“Maybe.” Daemon coasted to a stop in a parking space behind the car. “I’m needy like that.”
302 likes