Start by marking “Liefde & geluk” as Want to Read:
Liefde & geluk

Liefde & geluk

3.80  ·  Rating details ·  6,132 ratings  ·  1,090 reviews
Addie begrijpt niet hoe ze ooit zo stom heeft kunnen zijn om een foto van haar borsten naar haar inmiddels ex-vriendje te sturen en alle waarschuwingen van haar broer Ian in de wind te slaan. Nu zijn haar borsten overal op internet te zien en lijkt haar toekomst in puin te liggen. Tot overmaat van ramp heeft ze ook nog voortdurend ruzie met Ian, die wil dat ze alles opbiec ...more
Published September 25th 2018 by Harper Collins YA (first published May 8th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Liefde & geluk, please sign up.
Nat When will I ever find out what the secret with Cubby is, and what's the big deal with telling her mom?
Ethan Redmace She probably isn't, but we can hope that this is the second book!

·  6,132 ratings  ·  1,090 reviews

jessica
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
after reading ‘love and gelato’ last year, jenna evans welch became an auto-buy author for me. pretty brave to do only after her debut, but i am so happy this didnt disappoint. true to her previous work, ‘love and luck’ was the perfect mix of summer, adventure, growing up, and love. all of the makings for a wonderful contemporary.

what i really enjoyed most was how the story explored sibling relationships. i loved reading about how close addie and ian were and how there were able to repair their
Lola
3.5 stars.

Two years ago, I read a wonderful story titled Love & Gelato. It introduced me to gelato, a very succulent human invention, and quite a swoon-worthy Italian – Ren.

I couldn’t wait to read more from this author.

So when I had the opportunity to read Love & Luck, I jumped with joy. I kid you not, I received an e-mail saying I would receive a copy of it thirty minutes before taking one of my final exams. Let me tell you that I was more eager than usual to sit for three hours and an
emma
I. LOVE. BOOKS ABOUT SIBLINGS.

Books about romance? Meh. Who cares. Every YA book and its mother (not sure how the genealogy of YA literature works but still) has a romance. Most of them are bad. A couple of them are good. But it doesn't even matter because there are more romance plotlines in this world than you know what to do with.

Siblings, on the other hand...Not every book has a well-done portrayal of what sibling relationships are like. Which is honestly probably a good thing because it is e
Gillian
Jul 04, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
So I am kind of sad that Welch didn't keep with the food theme... like how about Love & Soda bread 😂
megs_bookrack
**3.5-stars**

When Addie embarks on a family trip to Ireland for her Aunt's destination wedding, she couldn't be happier to get out of town. It has been the worst summer of her life for dramatic reasons unknown to the reader for pretty much the entire book.

The plan is that after the wedding, Addie and her brother Ian, will travel on to Italy to visit Addie's best friend, Lena. That's right, Lena from Love & Gelato, the book that completely stole my heart last month.

However, things do not go
may ❀
THIS WAS SUCH A HEARTWARMING BOOK IM MELTING FROM CUTENESS AND SWEETNESS

- v v wholesome book
- if this book was given an emoji equivalent it would be 👌 bc its superb
- so number one, I REALLY love how jenna welch writes the most cute, adorable summer vacation stories
- like love and gelato was just ??adorable??
- and this one is wholesome and sweet and heartwarming and also ??adorable??
- its quirky and funny (i love guidebook lady sm i would die for her)
- GUYS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ADDIE AND HER
Cait • A Page with a View
Release date: May 8, 2018

2.5 stars. I absolutely love Ireland and adored Love & Gelato by this author, so I was really looking forward to this one! I thought it was a solid contemporary YA story, but had a hard time really getting into any of it. I just didn't connect with the characters and was honestly super annoyed by the tone of the travel advice section. It was beyond irritating and unfortunately took up a lot of the book, so that really threw me out of the story.

But the road trip throu
Unbroken
OH MY GOSH!
Has anybody known there will be a spin-off for "Love and gelato" about Addie?
So excited to read it!
Ashley
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
See full review and many more at: 5171 Miles Book Blog.

Many thanks to Simon Pulse / Simon and Schuster for the chance to read and review this novel early.

I'm all for poor man's traveling, also known as reading about teenagers traipsing around the Irish countryside. When I read Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch last year, I was already excited about this book, knowing it wouldn't be released for close to a year. I loved Lina's adventures around Italy and essentially being able to tag along f
Mariah
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I WILL READ ANYTHING THIS WOMAN WRITES. MY EXCITEMENT FOR THIS BOOK IS AT UNHEALTHY LEVELS.
Latanya (CraftyScribbles)
This book serves as a reminder that not all characters from a previous novel require a story of their own (the other being Leah on the Offbeat).

Pros :
1. I enjoyed the guidebook bits in-between chapters. Witty. Short. Fast-paced.

Cons :
1. Constant Sibling Bickering . This plot point went on much too long.
2. Boring Characters . I found them unbelievably tedious, which made my first con even more annoying. I would have been more lenient if they were teens deserving of a following.
3. Forced Att
Suzanne
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5*

I loved this just as much as I loved Love & Gelato. This is an adorable story about love, friendship, and siblings. I found it carried a great message for people regarding texting stuff to others. Really drives home a good lesson to people about that. I actually would recommend for teens to read this just for that very awful life lesson. The story is wonderful and to put it short, I am ready to go visit Ireland! Who’s in??!!

My quick and simple overall: short, lovely story about young lov
ℨαrα
”Siblings can be a special kind of cruel.”

Plot ~ Concept: ★★★★★
~ Execution: ★★★★☆
Pacing: ★★★★★
Writing style: ★★★★★
Characters: ★★★★★
World:
Enjoyment: ★★★★★
Cover: ★★★★☆

It had its deep moments, family, and lovable main characters. It had no drama for the sake of angst, no pettiness, and no justifying horrible actions.

Do you know how difficult it’s been for me to find contemporaries like these? Needle-in-a-haystack difficult.

Pros:
🍀 Addie and her brother were borderline ridiculous, but still manage
Amy (TheSouthernGirlReads)
💗 &🍀

I'm going to put this out there. Jenna Evans Welch you have now become a must read author for me girl. Meaning if you write your version of the phone book...it's a must read for me 😂.
Last November I read Love & Gelato (read it if you have not already 😃)and I fell in love. I was a little concerned going in to Love & Luck simply because....y'all know where I'm coming from...it might not be as good as the first 😮.

Dare I say it? It might be better. I loved it. Welch has an incredi
Azrah
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-release
Anyone who hasn’t gotten hurt is either a liar or a robot...

This was not the cute-sy book I was expecting. This was a book about overcoming heartbreak. And it was exactly what I needed after having my soul crushed by King's Cage.

...you can’t outsmart heartache. It has nowhere to be, nothing to do. It will just stand there, buffing its nails, waiting until you’re ready.

I don't know why but I'm not usually a fan of books featuring road trips. But I really loved this one.

And although I definit
Katie Gallagher
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this review and others on my blog!

Top o’ the mornin’ to ya and all that! In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, a couple weeks ago I went on a quest for some Irish-themed reads. The Call almost made the cut, but I couldn’t stomach taking on another series at the moment, so that’s how I ended up with Love & Luck!

If you’re in the mood for a quick, cute St. Patrick’s Day read, look no further! Love & Luck is an adorable read that will transport you to the Emerald Isle. Readers follow Addie,
Jillian Reynolds (Jillian Loves Books)
Oooooookay. I have some thoughts. I haven't written an in-depth review in a while. So please, bear with me, people. Stay tuned for special highlighted quotes at the end (because this book is full of 'em).

I liked this. Mainly because it gave me warm and fuzzies, without being overloaded with love. This book focused more on the love that accompanies family and friendship, and that's sorely lacking in YA these days. (Not every story needs a bad boy who become the obvious love interest, okay people?
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 4.5 Stars

I didn't think Welch would be able to delight me in quite the same way she did with Love & Gelato, but she did! This book took me on a fantastic trip through Ireland, that was filled with friends, family, and fun.

Prior to their trip to Ireland, Addie and her favorite brother, Ian, had a falling out regarding her relationship with one of Ian's teammates. This relationship did not end well, and there was some fallout, which Ian believed required parental guidance. However, Add
beth ✨
Rating - 4.75 stars!

This was just what I needed right now. It’s the perfect contemporary if you’re looking for something quick and easy to read.

I did prefer Love & Gelato but I did really, really enjoy this one aswell :)
Diana (booksinarmor)
3/25/18
Love and Luck is an easy quick read that will pull you out of a reading slump instantly.

I think what sets this book apart from any romance filled contemporary is the little excerpts from The guidebook lady, it enhanced the narrative style, as it kept me engrossed.

Addie was highly relatable, as she struggles emotionally and finding out who she is. It was lots of fun to read about a family relationship. It was adorable and fun to see the bickering. It was written splendidly and resembled
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: april-2018
Come (2).png

MY RATING: 4/5 STARS

I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This is my first Jenna Evans Welch book despite me having a copy of her famous novel, Love & Gelato that swept the nation and bookstagram feeds of all your friends. From my brief understanding of Jenna's books is that it usually involves A LOT of travel, summer adventures, and the possibility of romance. Now don't quote me but I think Love & Gelato includes more romance than Love & Luck.

For fans
Sara (sarabara081)
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: may-2018
You can find more of my reviews at Forever 17 Books.

3.5 stars!

Do you ever pick up a book because of the setting? There is something exciting about books with travel and road trips that always scream at me to read them but add in a location of Ireland and I’m sold! I came thisclose to a trip to Ireland a few years ago but had to turn it down, so it was fun to experience Ireland through the pages of Love & Luck!

The novel starts off as Addie is rolling down the hill, ‘aaaaas-youuuuu-wiiiiiish’
Kay Wisteria
You know, a little bit ago I was doing a Top Ten Tuesday post on my blog about combining two books together, and I was thinking of how amazing it would be to have something like Love and Gelato combined with Matson's Amy and Roger to have this epic road trip book in Italy. And then I read this book and IT'S BASICALLY THAT (except with Ireland instead of Italy) AND I'M SO HAPPY ROAD TRIP IN EUROPE SO AMAZING <3 <3

So Addie has recently gone and had her heart broken and also been completely h
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
3.5, rounding up

First of all, I love this cover. So simple, so cute.

I was pretty excited to read this book because I read Love & Gelato and fell in love with it. This one wasn't as good as Love & Gelato for me but I did enjoy a lot of it. This is a contemporary YA book, no romance really, just some family and friends working things out.

Road trip anyone? Through Ireland? Yes, please. But maybe with a touch less drama than Addie and Ian's. Real life issues face both Addie and Ian who are
Vicky Who Reads
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drcs
4 stars

I really enjoyed this one! There was a lot to love.

A while back, I picked up Welch's Love & Gelato and really enjoyed that one too. There was so much fun in it--I loved seeing Italy, I thought the romance was really adorable, and I loved the themes about dealing with grief.

Love & Luck definitely has a lot of similarities, but it's also its own category, which is honestly a good thing. I was almost hoping that it would be really similar to Love & Gelato, just in Ireland instead
Whitney
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Love & Gelato so I was excited to finally get around to reading Love & Luck! In this book, we follow Lina's (from L&G) friend Addie around Ireland when she travels there for her aunt's wedding. She has had her heart broken and suffered some embarrassment thanks to a boy, so when she finds an eccentric guidebook called Ireland for the Heartbroken, complete with homework she has to complete in various destinations all over Ireland, she decides to read the book and trav ...more
Ashley
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, contemporary
this was SO CUTE

I didn't realize how seriously in need of light-hearted contemporary I was, but man. The situation was dire. & this was the exact amount of cute romance, exciting travels and fun (but not verbose) writing that I needed.

I loved the main character and love(ish?) interest. I will say it probably could have went a little deeper into what exactly happened to her at the end, though. It kind of just ended like everything was "resolved" but like no???? Also, her brother trying to fo
Odette Knappers
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Wat een heerlijke contemporary! Ik had ook al zo genoten van Love & gelato, dus ik keek enorm uit naar deze. En ze stelt niet teleur!

Centrale thema's in dit boek: een gebroken hart, broer-zus liefde en vriendschap. En dat zijn topthema's. Dit is niet je standaard fluffy contemporary, dit is een boek met inhoud.

Ik ben er enorm gek op. Maar het mist het 5* gevoel voor me en ik kan moeilijk mijn vinger er op leggen waar dat door komt. Want de thematiek vind ik heel tof, en veel aspecten aan dit
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
I have always been drawn to road trip novels, especially international road trip novels, so I was very excited when I heard about the release of Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch. This is a unique story in which the main character uses a guide book to get over heartbreak, and I loved her transformation. I also adored the setting, and I would definitely recommend this book for the summer.

Full review on The Candid Cover
Young Adult Conte...: #32 Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch 8 12 Aug 31, 2018 04:13PM
  • Stay Sweet
  • Now a Major Motion Picture
  • 9 Days and 9 Nights
  • Fake It Till You Break It
  • Carry Me Home (Off the Map, #3.1)
  • And We're Off
  • Hope and Other Punchlines
  • Ten After Closing
  • Prince in Disguise
  • The Museum of Us
  • Arrowheart (The Love Curse #1)
  • Starry Eyes
  • Les pieds sur terre (Le journal d'Aurélie Laflamme, #8)
Jenna Evans Welch was the kind of insatiable child reader who had no choice but to grow up to become a writer. She is the New York Times Bestselling author of LOVE & GELATO and the upcoming LOVE & LUCK. When she isn’t writing girl abroad stories, Jenna can be found chasing her children or making elaborate messes in the kitchen. She lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with her husband and two you ...more
“...age has nothing to do with what you can accomplish- if you've got it, you've got it. Why wait until you grow up? And then once you're all grown-up, why stop?” 6 likes
“Labels aren't big enough for people. And once you try to categorize someone, you stop looking for who they actually are.” 6 likes