Jump to ratings and reviews

Bought By The Billionaire #1-4

Bought by the Billionaire: The Complete Series

Warning: This box set features a Dominant alpha male who will OWN your days and nights. It contains over 130,000 words of WHITE HOT suspense, dirty talk, spanking, and other assorted naughtiness and should be read with caution…and spare panties.

Marine turned billionaire arms dealer Jackson Hawke has one goal—to have the woman who ruined his life at his mercy. He’ll see her on her knees, even if he has to pay for the privilege.

Six years ago, Hannah buried her twin sister. Now, with her family in jeopardy, Hannah must sell herself to a wealthy stranger in order to save their home.

She expects to be scarred by the experience. She doesn’t expect to pay penance for her sister’s sins or to meet a man who brings her body savagely to life.

Jackson Hawke might be a monster, but he’s Hannah’s monster. They belong together and she’s determined to show Jackson that she can love every part of him—light and dark, cruel and gentle, lost soul and Dominant man.

Can a monster learn to become a man again?

Or will dark forces from the past claim Hannah’s life before she can claim Jackson’s heart?

*This box set contains the complete Bought by the Billionaire series

446 pages, Paperback

First published August 19, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Lili Valente

127 books3,720 followers
Visit Lili at www.lilivalente.com

Author of over forty novels, USA Today Bestseller Lili Valente writes everything from steamy suspense to laugh-out-loud romantic comedies. She can't resist a story where love wins big. Because love should always win. She lives in Vermont with her two big-hearted boy children and a dog named Pippa Jane.

*Lili rarely visits this site as it is a site intended for readers, not authors. If you have questions, the best way to reach Lili is through her website contact form. Happy reading!

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
14 (3%)
1 star
12 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 54 reviews
Profile Image for *TANYA*.
1,002 reviews280 followers
November 5, 2016
The series had the potential to be good but all the inconstancies and outrageous events made no sense most of the time.
Profile Image for Bee.
476 reviews11 followers
September 26, 2020
This was uh,,, interesting

Overall it’s not like,, the worst,, but it’s not super good either

The smut was pretty good though 👀👀 but the relation was iffy and lowkey was instalovey
Profile Image for Sheila.
405 reviews67 followers
February 5, 2016
A dark and sexy read that doesn't begin as a love story but soon becomes one. Jackson and Hannah are brought together by under negative and false (although Jackson isn't aware of that yet) circumstances. Jackson HATES Hannah and is on a mission to make her suffer for everything she's done to him. The problem? I wasn't Hannah that did those things, but her twin sister. He didn't know they were twins. What a mess.
So much happens over this 4 book series, each one ending with a killer cliffhanger that would've driven me crazy had I not been reading the whole thing at once. The common thread throughout each book is the sexual chemistry between them. Even before he knows who she really is, Jackson can't keep his hands off of Hannah. What's meant as punishment just brings pleasure to them both.
The nature of their relationship changes over the course of the series and they both end up finding their missing puzzle piece in the other. Too bad the past can't ever stay where it belongs. It always has to come back and try to rip from us the things that matter most.
You won't be able to stop reading once you start, you'll have to start the next book as soon as you finish one. This was the first I've read of this author but since I loved it so much I've already bought another of her series and can't wait to get started!
Profile Image for She Hearts Books.
2,079 reviews67 followers
February 5, 2016
This series is scorching hot with a bit of a dark twist. Jackson takes Hannah thinking that she is her twin sister and he is bent on revenge after all that she did to him. He lost himself because of her and he will find himself in Hannah. Their story is full of passion and suspense with love framing it all. I couldn't put it down until the very end and so enjoyed their story.

I give Bought by the Billionaire 5 hearts!
Profile Image for Tracy.
541 reviews
September 27, 2018
This should be called “How to make yourself believe you are in love with a psychopath”
This is a psychiatrists’ gold mine
Profile Image for Brenda.
51 reviews1 follower
May 30, 2018
Full of revenge and hate, I was blinded with it.

I started this series with the hopes of reading something that hasn’t fallen into too similar with other reads as of late. And thankfully I was surprised by this entire read.

Firstly let me go into this being a series.. I don’t think it should have ever been a series because the entire length registers as 590pages. That, in my opinion is not enough to be four books. Especially when the cliffhangers are, well annoying truthfully. If I had read the ‘books’ individually and not purchased the complete set, I probably would not have purchased the following books. And it would have been a tremendous shame because I LOVED the story. Because I am personally considering this book as a whole and not broken up into four short reads I will address it as such..

The Story… Hannah the poor soul who always bears the brunt of her sisters mistakes, my soul hurts for her, but could she just be crazy? Probably. But I did enjoy her, and the fact that she thought herself to be falling to the grips of Stockholm syndrome but denied it the entire time. Definitely saw that coming. Jackson.. oh my Goodness Wow. This poor man filled with so much hate and rage for who he THOUGHT he held captive was almost unbearable. I thought things would get rough to the point of no return for them, but NO. Love conquers all you know. The cliffs that these two had to climb to have a HEA were a little farfetched and felt a little rushed towards the end, possibly because the buildup could be compared to a pot on medium heat to boil, but it does reach there and keeps a great rumble, but FOREVER to get there. Then once reaching that boil the story exploded and fizzled to the end much as if you were to remove that pot instead of turn the heat down. (Sorry I went a little sidetracked there with pots & water. Hopefully you get what I’m saying.) Again.. LOVED these two and the story I truly did. Just wish there was a little more HEA as well as toned down on the trials and tribulations they had to face because they were so grand. Will I read the next saga of books? (It does continue on with the story of her sister) I’m not sure, only because I need to research if it is another 4+books that are short with major cliffhangers or if I can purchase as a complete set.

**Side note, I don’t dislike cliffhangers as much as this review lets on.***
Profile Image for EroticaAfterDark (Lilith).
3,182 reviews738 followers

BDSM

→ Submit or subscribe to The DARK Newsletter! ←

cover

Blurb:
Marine turned billionaire arms dealer Jackson Hawke has one goal--to have the woman who ruined his life at his mercy. He'll see her on her knees, even if he has to pay for the privilege.

She expects to be scarred by the experience. She doesn't expect to pay penance for her sister's sins or to meet a man who brings her body savagely to life.

Jackson Hawke might be a monster, but he's Hannah's monster. They belong together and she's determined to show Jackson that she can love every part of him--light and dark, cruel and gentle, lost soul and Dominant man.

Can a monster learn to become a man again?

Or will dark forces from the past claim Hannah's life before she can claim Jackson's heart?
Profile Image for ~lil maso~.
1,470 reviews31 followers
February 6, 2016
Dark Domination
Hannah and Harley are twin sister so of course one has to be a troublemaker thy name is Harley.

In a case of mistaken identity Harley's boyfriend fucks Hannah thinking she's Harley giving Hannah the best sex of her life. She doesn't quite get the amazing sex.

Tragedy befalls Hannah when her twin sister is killed in a car accident.
Unfortunately Harley screwed over the wrong guy and he's after revenge and it seems Hannah will be getting the punishment.

He's a billionaire ex marine who wants revenge by destroying Harley (Hannah) as she had committed a betrayal.

Interesting plot but gets a bit headachy with the switching of the girls names.
I saw Jackson as a loser, really you're revengeful because she cheated on you with your bestie, yes you get mad it's a shit thing to happen but to get so distraught as to hurt someone.

He does make up for it with hot dominating sex.

Deep Domination
You find out in this instalment why he's so vengeful. He was in love with Harley and she screwed him over by falling for his bestie, they were on their way to be married when tragedy hits. A man he served with and had saved his life once or more times.

Desperate Domination

Seems revenge is the topic for this instalment. Harley getting revenge for a family enemy. She's very regrettable about her revengeful acts.
The twist and turns in this book will have you wanting more.

Divine Domination

The conclusion

Jackson is going to suffer again, his heart has been torn out again.
More family Drama, more great twist and turns. I spent most of this book thinking Jackson is an asshat but he shows his sweeter side to Hannah towards the end of this book.
He isn't one to forgive and forget and lucky for him he ends up with the right sister. There's a very strange twist in this part which I hated as it was too much back and forth. Are they, aren't they very frustrating.

*ARC provided by the Author for an honest review*

Phyl Evie

For more reviews, news and giveaways, check out Saucy Reviews on Kinky Korner at;
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |
Instagram
Profile Image for Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers.
1,841 reviews44 followers
January 15, 2018
🔹 DARK DOMINATION

I read Lili's first serial series, Under His Command and loved it so when I heard she was releasing another hot series I had to get my hands on it. I was lucky enough to get an ARC and I decided NOT to even read the synopsis or the introduction of the book in the beginning. For one, I knew I would be hooked and second, I wanted to be surprised and I was correct on both accounts. Because of that I will make the summary quick.

Hannah and her twin sister Harley might look the same on the outside but completely different on the inside. hannah is sweet where Harley is hard. Hannah doesn't know what kind of enemies Harley has made but she will soon find out.

Jackson is out for revenge and now his plan is set. His life was ruined because of Harley and he will do anything to ruin hers. His plan is to control but it is also sinfully sexy.

Seriously, this story is fucking h-o-t! Jackson is domineering and damn if he is an asshole but one that knows how to give pleasure with just enough pain. The storyline is unique, I was intrigued from the start and the suspense kept me there until the end. I can not wait until the next part and luckily it's not a long wait.

Quotes:

His kiss was dangerous, wild, and unlike anything Hannah had experienced before.

She was fucking beautiful, delicate and deadly, like a flower infused with poison.

She was a self-respecting woman. She didn’t want to be a man’s whore, but in her secret heart, she did yearn to be owned.

🔹 DEEP DOMINATION

In my review for Dark Domination I mentioned that I did not read the summary in the beginning so I would be surprised and I did the same this time around as well. I was so excited to get the ARC since there was a cliffhanger.

Deep Domination starts off right where Dark Domination ended. Jackson is confused by Harley's reaction and Harley has to decide what to do next to keep this man from hurting her more than he has planned.

Hannah doesn't know what Harley did exactly to make this man so angry to the point of revenge. She knows Harley worked her way around men but she must of done something extreme and she is going needs to figure it out so she can make sense of it all. She decides to keep her true identity a secret for now. As of right now, all she knows is that he has changed in the last six years but the chemistry is still there. She wants to be dominated by this man. Owned but also to get deeper. She could see he is weakening but fighting it.

Jackson wants revenge but there is something different about Harley but he can't figure it out. She is either a better actress then he thought or she is truly enjoying the pain he has been giving her and that is turning him on and making it hard on him not to give her the pleasure. He breaks his own rules but will that change the outcome?

Jackson is fucking hot. Yes, he is an ass but you also see the other side of him. It's barely showing but it's there. Hannah sees it and he brings her pleasure, pain and desires she never thought possible.

Will they weaken each other so they have to be open to tell the truth? Will the pain be too much for Hannah? Is the pleasure too much for Jackson?

I thought this was a great second part to their story. I can't wait for part three!!

Quotes:

He just needed to maintain his focus and keep from getting swept up in any game but his own.

She craved his touch almost as much as she craved a break from the anxiety soaked air inside her makeshift prison.

This was more than submission, this was abandon, this was reckless and dangerous and afterward she might never be the same.

🔹 DESPERATE DOMINATION

This is the third part in the Bought By the Billionaire series and damn...what a ride it was. Each part has been brought new pieces to this crazy puzzle and I love it. They all end in an epic cliffhanger but Lili has the next part quickly so there isn't too much time to wait. Thank God.

Jackson and Hannah's relationship gets turned up a notch but not always in a good way. Jackson still needs Hannah to give him information that she is not willing to give up easily. Someone is still after her family and she can't fully trust anyone, not even the man she claims to love.

Jackson cares for Hannah and doesn't want to see her get hurt unless there is pleasure afterwards that is but he needs to uncover the truth. And because of that he also knows he could never be good enough for Hannah. He could never love her the way she deserves. He could never make her fully happy. He is torn between revenge and love...

Hannah won't give up on Jackson. She knows deep down he doesn't have a cold heart and could be happy but could she trust him with her secret? Will his need for revenge outweigh his emotions for her?

I can't get enough of these two. Jackson is all alpha and can do some cruel, fucked up shit but deep down he has a heart and could be sweet, Hannah just needs to find the balance. Hannah is strong, a fighter and won't give up but some things are impossible. Is this one of them? I am so excited for Divine Domination, the conclusion to this mysterious and sexy rollercoaster ride.

Quotes:

“But this isn’t a fairy tale. In real life, the monster doesn’t get better. In real life, the monster drags you down to hell with him and you burn there.”

But it was sweet pain, the kind that only drove her desire higher.

But between love and hate only one had felt true and now only one decision felt like the right one.

🔹 ONE MORE SHAMELESS NIGHT

One More Shameless Night is the fourth novel in the Dirty Twisted Love Novella Series and it was the perfect ending to this amazing series! You can read it as a standalone but I highly recommend reading the series to get the full experience.

Harley and Clay have been married for one year, they have added a baby to their family since we last saw them. Will is now two months old and his older brother Jasper is eight. They have decided it was time to visit Harley's sister Hannah and her husband Jackson for a month on the island. If you read the series then you would know this reunion could be very, very awkward. Hannah and Jackson want to give Harley and Clay one night. One perfect and romantic night to be together after the birth of Will so they are going to watch the kids while they go to the Midsummer Luau. But, this one night away can change their lives forever...

It was suppose to be a night to remember. The night to bring them close again and it will be but not in the way they expected. Harley and Clay both have their secrets. Secrets that are just that for the other one's safety. It will all come to a head tonight. All they ever wanted was a normal life. When their secrets are exposed, will they make their lives normal or the cause of more craziness?

I was extremely excited that Lili decided to write a fourth book for Harley and Clay! I can't get enough of this couple. The series is sexy, intense, suspenseful, and twisted. I am really hoping for another spin-off. I won't say with who but I know it would be just as amazing as all of Lili's other series'.

Quotes:

“I still want to go to the party. I can’t wait to be alone with you. It’s all I can think about.” “Oh, yeah?” She let her gaze slide down to his lap and lifted a wry brow. “So that’s not a banana in your pocket?”

“You could never disappoint me. And I’m going to get you so wet, so ready, that you’re going to come the second I slide inside you.”

“It’s time to turn off your mind. Turn off your mind and let me turn on your body.”
Profile Image for Stacy.
1,013 reviews19 followers
February 3, 2016
Lili Valente kept me entertained from the very first page. You will not be able to put this jewel down!

I want! No wait that's not quite the right word I'm looking for. I NEED, DESIRE, CRAVE, and WOULD KILL to have a man like Jackson Hawke. I am completely and utterly jealous of Hannah.

This is a quick series to read and once you start you will not want to stop. If you are the least bit curious about the the Dark Romance genre, then look no further, this series is a great way to start you out. It has just a enough of a dark edge to keep you satisfied with out taking you too far into the genre. It also stays in the Contemporary Romance genre as it has a bad boy falling for the good girl.

While this wasn't my first taste of Dark Romance, I can honestly say I will be recommending it to all of my friends. I look forward to continuing these books and seeing what happens to Hannah's twin Harley. I have a feeling her story is going to keep me guessing more than Hannah and Jackson's did.
Profile Image for wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks).
2,538 reviews23 followers
June 26, 2016
* * ARC given on behalf of obsessed by books for an honest review * *

what a series you have a dominant sexy alpha male.

Hannah is trying to save her family, ever since the death of her evil twin 6 years ago, things have been rough, so when she has the opportunity to save her family . Hannah sells herself to a billionaire who just happens to part of her past she's never been able to forget. Jackson was heart broken by a woman with no heart, when he thinks he's teaching her a lesson to only learn there is more in common with thier past. As Hannah becomes more in tuned with her BDSM side she hopes she can keep up the facade of who she really is but with feelings growing for Jackson she's not sure if it's worth it. As they both experience feelings for each other and walls start to fall down, will the past keep them apart or will they survive the truth and demons. absolutely loved it can't wait see what else happens.
Profile Image for Chelon.
401 reviews10 followers
August 31, 2016
Boring, predictable

I purchased this after reading the first book for free, big mistake. First book was great, second OK, she could have stopped at the second book. I
liked the first book, by the second book the h was getting on my nerves. It was beyond predictable, and so boring after the second book. H was sexy and strong first two books, second two he's this weak guy playing strong in the bedroom. The book started to read like manual for D/s, not sexy. I love books about alpha males, but I don't think many of the authors have ever really been with one, or met one. In a relationship alpha males are always alpha, it doesn't change when he's in love the intensity grows. Alphas who are D would never allow the s/ h to behave the way she did in last two books.
So much potential for a good story wasted.

Profile Image for Shelley.
110 reviews11 followers
April 25, 2021

This rant review contains spoilers. Minor spoilers are visible, but major ones are hidden. Read with caution!

I enjoyed this book serial, but I don't know why the author felt compelled to break the story up into the little pieces. It was unnecessary IMO, but not a major gripe. The story moved at a decent pace in parts 1-3, but part 4 was a bit of a dud when things took a turn into the action/suspense/thriller territory. Both H/h were likable enough, but Hannah had way too many TSTL moments throughout this book. Smdh.

And let's not get me started on her skanky ass, ho ass sister. It pisses me off that that bitch never apologizes for the vile injustice she perpetuated against Jackson - not even indirectly when Hannah confronts her about it. - that book would have been ripped apart by the readership, if ever it even gets written. But looking at all the glowing reviews for Kidnapped by the Billionaire, not a harsh word has been uttered about this lying bitch. I don't think she ever gets her comeuppance, certainly not in this book and not in her own book either it seems, which is why the fuck I won't be reading it.

Furthermore, while I understand Jackson tamping down on his anger & resentment for Hannah's sake, I can't believe how easily he forgets & forgives what she did. I mean what the holy hell??? Made me lose a lot of respect for him. I'm not saying he should have still been on a war path, gunning for her like he did in the beginning, because that would have been untenable given that he's in love with the bitch's twin, but I would have had a lot more respect for him if he'd made it clear to Hannah that he'd never forgive her sister, even if for her (Hannah's) sake he'd try to tolerate her (Harley). I don't believe in this love conquers all bullshit. No, it does not! Not in this context and not when it comes to something so grossly wrong and fucking unacceptable. Are you fucking kidding me? No, no, no, no!

Overall, Jackson was a bit of a disappointment. I didn't find him to be all that dark & forceful, personality wise, or dangerous (given his profession). He's definitely got some beta male tendencies even if he likes to play Dom. Nothing is wrong with being a beta, I'm just saying ... he ain't no alpha and he damn sure ain't no anti-hero. He was a completely different person from the man we met in the beginning. I'm not talking about his character growth because character growth is good. That should happen over the course of a book. But the character shouldn't feel like they'd gotten a whole goddamn personality transplant.

Hannah, though you got to see a more assertive version of her by the end of the book, was still Hannah. The same Hannah as she was in book 1; the essence of her personality remained in tact. I didn't feel the same about Jackson. He became too soft and tame. I know when a man settles down & marries, he loses a bit of that raw intensity he may have had in the beginning of the relationship ... and that's fine, I can live with that. A caveman attitude and mentality will only work for so long, after all. But! A lot of Jackson's dialogue & internal monologues were just odd. They sounded too cheesy and too much like a female voice.

I would've loved to read about Clay & Jasper, and that book does sound hot, hot, hot!...but I really really can't stand Harley so I can't bring myself to read her book. Unlike Jackson, I won't forgive her, can't. The bitch doesn't deserve an HEA. What she deserves is prison time & taken away from her. I don't give a fuck how much she's 'changed'. She needs to pay for what she did - when that happens maybe we can talk about forgiveness. Until then, fuck her. I ain't no p***y like Jackson.
Profile Image for Tami Talbert.
437 reviews16 followers
February 1, 2016
THIS ENTIRE SERIES EARNS 5+++ HOT AND EROTIC STARS

DARK DOMINATION

Well in the hoped for and expected fashion from Lili Valente, Dark Domination was sexy and blazing hot hot hot! The passionate connection between these characters, albeit some stemming from hurt and mistrust from the past as well as unexpectedly arousing and exciting, it is absolutely unsurpassed in other erotic romance novels I have previously read, except possibly from Ms. Valente’s first series. So be ready for the increase in your own heartrate as you turn page after page in this amazing new series.
Jackson’s life was left ruined by a manipulative and uncaring woman. So when the opportunity presents itself to make her atone for the destruction she caused, Jackson is determined to make her pay, no matter what it takes.
Hannah couldn’t be more opposite than her devious and conniving twin sister. So with her unexpected and sudden death six years ago as well as the family tragedies which have continued to occur, Hannah is left with only one option to save what’s left of her family’s home: to sell herself to a wealthy billionaire in exchange for living under his complete control for an entire month. Hannah is terrified she may not emotionally survive being at the mercy of the man who paid for her until she discovers he is the only man from her past to ever awaken her undiscovered and deep-seated passions.
Dark Domination began with a powerful and enthralling force grasping my attention almost immediately and maintaining its hold to the end. An end I might add that came entirely too quickly leaving me hanging with anticipation and wanting more, more, more. This is a spectacular beginning to the Bought by the Billionaire series! But be forewarned as Ms. Valente is going to leave you screaming at your Kindle (as she did me) and hanging with suspense and unabated expectancy as we now must await the release of book two. I am looking forward with great anticipation to the continuation of Jackson and Hannah’s story. Write faster Ms. Lili. Write faster.

DEEP DOMINATION

Pondering the best way to describe how I feel about this book I realized I can do it simply with one word… WOW! Deep Domination is a powerful and erotic story of deception and secrets which picks up right where Dark Domination left us. It completely dominated my mind forcing me to continue reading right through to the end. I was enthralled and absolutely grasped by this novella from start to finish.
Being held captive by the one man who awakened her submissive side, Hannah decides she must hold onto the secret of her true identity for fear that the deal she made with Jackson could fall through if her captor discovered who she really is. But with his visits to her and the sensual moments they share, Hanna struggles with the undeniable feeling she is experiencing of falling for Jackson. As days pass, Hannah begins to question whether it was wise to maintain her secret for fear that the deep connection she feels with Jackson could never become a permanent joining with this powerful and dominant man who captivated her that rainy night six years ago.

Though Jackson has every intention of forcing her to finally admit the truth from the past, when he gazes into Hannah's eyes he begins to fight with his inner self as he starts to feel the return of the man he used to be before the betrayal took away the life he was living. But as the walls around Jackson's soul at times waiver, Hannah and he share the most intensely carnal and mind-blowing connection only to be hindered once again as the memories of the hurt and deception from so long ago returns.

After reading such an amazing story as Deep Domination, it brings forth the struggle in me to express through my review how incredible this series is without spoiling anything for those who have not yet read it. There are definitely some extremely intense scenes between Jackson and Hannah so I would recommend reading the synopsis carefully as that may not be for everyone. That being said, the erotic and passionate connection between these two characters both inside the bedroom as well as outside is evident in every word written which left the story swirling in my mind with wonder and great anticipation of what turns it will take.
Deep Domination is the second installment to Lili Valente's intriguingly erotic and truly transfixing story. As I expected, I was left hanging and gripping my iPad tightly as I flipped to the final page reading the closing words that left me dangling as my mind continued to whirl as I tried to see the conclusion in my head contemplating where Lili Valente will lead these two characters. But alas I am now left awaiting the release of the final book in this series hoping that Jackson and Hannah will end up in each other's arms and in possession of each other’s heart for all eternity.

DESPERATE DOMINATION

OMG! Another 5++++ Star Success. I don't know how she does it! Lili Valente has once again totally outdone herself. Desperate Domination is spectacular and gripping and is another page-turning triumph. After leaving us hanging once again at the end of book 2, Desperate Domination thankfully picks up virtually where we left off immediately drawing me right back into the lives of Jackson and Hannah.

Hannah is torn between the fear and uncertainty of this fierce man who holds her heart and the intensity and depth of love she feels for him. Despite the monster living inside of Jackson, the goodness and love emanating from Hannah begins to draw him back towards the man he once was before the deception and hurt of the past. As Hannah finally confesses to Jackson her true feelings for him, the shackles he has kept locked around his heart begin to weaken bringing to light the hope and possibility of a more gratifying future he could spend with his 'sunshine.' But when the past once again arises threatening the life he begins to envision with Hannah, will Jackson be able to save her before ultimately losing her forever?

This entire series is absolutely amazing. Lili Valente is a master at writing erotic romance and cliffhangers, and she has once again left me grasping onto the end of my seat (well mattress) for a third time, however, leaving me far more desperate now than she ever has before. I don't know how I am going to survive waiting another month before learning what fate awaits both Jackson and Hannah. July is the perfect month to release Desperate Domination as the chemistry and connection as well as the intensely erotic moments shared between Jackson and Hannah shoots fireworks off of the pages of my kindle. Desperate Domination is spectacular Ms. Valente. Absolutely spectacular!

Desperate Domination is part three of Lili Valente's four part series Bought By The Billionaire. If you love erotic romance and suspense, you will most certainly LOVE this series. But you will definitely need to read the entire series from the beginning in order to enjoy and attain the full impact of this story. I am certain you will be drawn in just as I was and unable get these characters out of your head.

DIVINE DOMINATION

Lili Valente has once again completely outdone herself with Divine Domination. This was an absolutely perfect conclusion to her Bought By the Billionaire series which as always captured my attention from beginning to end and to be honest left me a bit sad and not ready to say goodbye.

Book four returns us back to the lives of these characters resuming right where we left off with Jackson frantic with anger and worry hoping he can discover who captured Hannah, where she is being taken, and for what purpose before it is too late. Now realizing the depth of love he has for her, Jackson is ready to place his trust with anyone who may be able to give him some answers as he contemplates what he will do to whoever dared to take Hannah from him. But as their families’ pasts are uncovered bringing to light unspeakable truths, Jackson and Hannah’s present and future are faced with unimagined difficulties they never anticipated leaving us to wonder whether their love can survive.

When this series began, we saw only Jackson’s monstrous side whose heart was surrounded by ice fed by his incessant need for revenge. But as this story has progressed, he has metamorphosed into a hero who is filled with a deep and everlasting love for his Hannah. The connection and unwavering love they share despite past occurrences completely drew me into their lives. Despite Hannah's submissive nature, the emotional strength she wields had the power to melt Jackson’s heart and draw him out of his destructive past making him finally realize the future he could have with the woman who is his soulmate.

And just when you think her stories couldn’t get any hotter…you better brace yourselves because Lili has definitely gone far beyond with Divine Domination turning the heat up, up, up in the bedroom with scalding and delectably erotic scenes of passion. She has also upped the ante with more on the edge of your seat suspense making Divine Domination packed full of nail-biting moments as well.

Caution: This series is definitely not for the faint of heart. But if you are looking for an amazingly erotic story that will set your panties aflame, Lili Valente’s Bought By the Billionaire series is definitely a must read. Although I am always ready to read anything written by Ms. Valente, this series has unequivocally solidified her place on my favorites list.

Book 4 is a continuation of Jackson and Hannah’s story so this series should definitely be read from the beginning. And trust me: you won’t regret it.
Profile Image for Meggie.
437 reviews77 followers
January 25, 2018
4 Stars! A sexy, suspenseful jaunt on the dark side!

When I started this book, I thought it would be light and fun. I think it was the somewhat-cheesy title that made me think that. Turned out I was wrong, and it was a lot darker than I was expecting. It still wasn't all that dark, but it definitely wasn't all light and fun.

Even in real life, every set of twins seems to have one slightly crazy one and one that is more reserved. Hannah is the quieter one, the one constantly making excuses for Harley, her twin sister. While they were raised in the lap of luxury, their family had its secrets. Hannah was the only one in her family that didn't have a twisted moral compass, but she loved her sister like a twin should, even if she knew Harley was deeply flawed.

One weekend, Hannah leaves graduate school and shows up at Harley's door to surprise her. That one choice leads to an unforgettable night for Hannah... before tragedy strikes hours later. Then, everything changes, including the life of a man caught in Harley's web: Jackson Hawke.

I actually really liked Hannah. Considering this was a four-book serial, I was surprised by how fleshed-out and deep her character really was. She wasn't perfect, but considering who surrounded her, she was damn close to it. She was a good person, but she wasn't afraid to get dirty to protect those she loved.

At some points in the book, I HATED Jackson. He became a man that was just like the person he claimed to hate. I was able to look past that... up until he found out the truth. What he did RIGHT after that was deplorable, and even though he was sorry, I still wanted to kick him straight in the nuts for at least a few chapters. That being said, I got over it, because the man was simply SCORCHING hot. His dirty mouth, his dominance, his twisted obsession... le sigh. Also, watching him let go of the pain of his past was quite rewarding. As they say, "before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." Turns out that wouldn't have been NEARLY enough room for the lives torn apart in this book.

So, yeah... this book was hot, suspenseful, and interesting. However, I deducted a star because it got a bit wordy and redundant towards the end. Also, it got better with time, but for a while, Hannah was so pathetic that I almost disliked her. Some of the things Jackson did to her deserved a lot more groveling. I know he dicked her down and all, but Jesus, Hannah, have some self-respect and stop thinking with your vag only. It would be one thing if she was meek in all areas of her life, but she wasn't, which made me think she was just addicted to orgasms.
Profile Image for The Dark Newsletter.com.
1,999 reviews72 followers

1,703 reviews8 followers
February 3, 2016
~~Dark Domination~~
Heat to rival dynamite….
The kindle is only now starting to cool off from this tantalizing start to a new serial. I’m beginning to suspect this author is going to challenge every preconception I have to romance as she pushes the boundaries of love in a dark and delicious way.
Jackson Hawke wants revenge. He may be wealthy now but he’s lost anything and everything that gave him a shred of humanity. Living for the chance to right that wrong, Hannah is going to pay the price, whether she owes or not. Hannah, on the other hand, is doing what she can to survive. Enemies have slowly taken away all that she holds dear leaving her clinging to what she has left and willing to do almost anything to keep it. Little did she know what that would really mean.
“Pleasure-pain. They were one and the same with this man and she wanted nothing more than to give him what he wanted, whatever he wanted so long as he would never stop hurting her, healing her, possessing her….”
I don’t know how many ways to say ‘hot’ but I really to find them – they will be needed to adequately describe this opening installment of this author’s latest serial. Reading her first series I know this author can deliver on emotional and sexy and she proves it once again. Hannah is torn as she realizes money is what is needed and how she gets it has to take a back seat to the good of her family. The choices she makes are morally difficult for her but given her options you can see why she does what she does. No matter how uncomfortable they made me feel. I haven’t quite figured out Jackson yet either as his choices are motivated by something revenge, something darker that is definitely a choice that is harder to reconcile.
As the two come together the heat level is off the charts and the ‘why’ takes a back seat to the physical chemistry that just arcs between the two. So many unanswered questions and mystery surround the two coming together that I cannot wait to watch the rest of the story unravel.
Five, off-the-chart, explosive stars!
~~Deep Domination~~
This book tantalizingly lives up to its warning label!
The second part in a four-part serial, this continues the story of Jackson Hawke and the object of his revenge, Hannah. Believing she is someone who, years ago, made him into a victim, Jackson is determined to make her pay. There is history between them but Hannah knows it is a different one than what he believes. The misconceptions on both sides add an extra layer of intrigue and suspense to what is already a tension-filled plot. Jackson is out for revenge and he is determined to get it. Not realizing his target may not be all she appears, he is relentless in ensuring that she is going to pay for past sins. How far will this game go before one, or both, break?
He would keep pushing until she broke. Sooner or later he’d find her limit, the line she wasn’t willing to cross in the name of pretending to be what he wanted and then he would see the woman behind the mask.
This author knows how to build tension, in and out of the boudoir. Jackson is an alpha all the way through and you feel it in every passion-filled conversation and scene. Hot doesn’t begin to measure the level of heat as, if possible, things amp up even more. Hannah knows she is walking a thin rope as she tries to meet Jackson’s demands without losing even more of herself. The suspense is building and the cliffhanger to this installment will have me stalking the calendar for the next one. Can’t wait!

~~Desperate Domination~~
Started with my heart in my throat… and ended the same…
This is the third in a four-part serial and the tension, secrets, heat and emotion are just getting higher and higher! If you haven’t read the first two instalments definitely do that first before reading this.
Jackson Hawke wants revenge, plain and simple. He has been grievously wronged and someone has to pay. Hannah is his target but, as with much in this series, not everything is black and white. Hannah may be collateral damage but at what point does love become more important than getting even?
“Before you embark on a journey of revenge, you should dig two graves.”
The heat and emotion between Jackson and Hannah continues to melt the pages.
“I don’t love you, and I don’t want to make love to you. I want to f*** you until you scream and realize what a stupid decision it was to run from me.”
There is danger, betrayal and secrets to be revealed at every corner as the two continue their battle. I love the honest expression of feelings and emotions in this episode and it only increases the stakes. As the cliffhanger ends in another life and death situation, with even more surprises, I am on the edge of my seat waiting for how this will all unfold.
Hot, suspenseful and emotional, this series continues to prove that good things come in small packages!

~~Divine Domination~~
An end that is a new beginning…

Whew… My head is still spinning after this whirlwind of a conclusion! Jackson and Hannah’s story has been unfolding until this, the fourth and final chapter. And what an explosive ending it was!

Jackson Hawke has finally realized the cost of his revenge is more than he is willing to pay. Hannah Mason, the strong yet innocent woman who has stood toe to toe with him for weeks, has now become more than a target for him, she is now his partner in love. To ensure he will also get the chance to make her his partner in life, they will both need to be stronger, and smarter, than they’ve ever been before.

The secrets and revelations in this series have come fast and furious from the start and the amazing conclusion has all that and more. At the heart has been the love story between Jackson and Hannah. And it truly has been a romance as the darker elements that surround it make it edgier and even sexier (if that’s possible). Truth and trust has caused so much heartache for them and their families that unravelling it all has brought both to their knees. When push comes to shove they have to make a decision. Who are they going to trust?

“You can choose to believe that or not, but don’t you dare call her a victim again. You’re insulting her strength and intelligence, and not much makes me angrier than that.”

Equally sexy and emotional, this series will stick with me for a long time and knowing there is even more to come? Even better!

**Reviewed for The Literary Swing**
Profile Image for Kat Ryker.
788 reviews32 followers
January 15, 2018
Honestly, I'm a little tired of the billionaire stories. I've thought for the last few months that they are a cop-out for writers who have a problem writing a tougher story. After all, it is really easy to write a story if the guy has enough money to make anything he wants happen. No plot necessary, just wing it. Well, that's what I was thinking until I read this series. I'd purchased this a few months ago, but never had time to finish the entire series.

Wow. I was totally wrong with my assumptions. This book is HOT. Just plain, unadulterated, hot. It has a plot that doesn't have anything at all to do with a billionaire doing whatever he wants, at least not at first. The protagonists are well developed, the narrative is well thought-out, the dialogue is interesting and moves the story along, and most of all, the ending is perfect for this book. I'm impressed with the authors ability to take a well-used billionaire theme and turn it into something both dark and light, seductive and primitive, and full of action and suspense too! I'm glad I discovered this series, you will be too.
Profile Image for ✏️Bellas.
328 reviews15 followers
March 23, 2020
Just finished up reading this Saga... Wow the mystery, the heat, the lies and confessions. It had all the right things to make this one smoke hot enticement!!!

The characters had great dept and well developed back story's which helped instill the belief in the motives behind there actions... The story flowed so well and kept u on edge of seat that you cudnt help keep turing the page.... Also the passion between the main couple was intense you cudnt help root for them...

It ended in a great way and all came together

Only thing is. Wuda all fit grand into the 1 book... Or maybe just 2... But that's only a small non important fact
Profile Image for Mina.
267 reviews3 followers
August 8, 2020
Surpassed all expectations!

This series deserves all five stars and more, would there be any. Valente is a hell of a good writer.
Not only can she write hot as sin sex scenes but she can also create a whole believable plot to go with it. Put some suspenseful and action filled scenes in the mix, together with some self discovery and romantic feelings, not to mention a dom-sub relationship done right and you’ve got yourself an amazing to read series.
I’m happy to say Valente will be an author on my list from now on, whenever I long for incredibly good and scorching erotic romance.
Profile Image for Molly.
947 reviews
April 3, 2018
Entertaining from beginning to end

Jackson is seeking revenge against Harley. When he finally finds her, it is not her at all.
Hannah has always lived in her twin’s shadow. When the mysterious man who crept through their window comes looking for revenge, they find love instead.
With lots of hot and heavy sex and plenty of mystery, this story kept me entertained from beginning to end.
Profile Image for Shel Griffin.
674 reviews
April 3, 2018
Jackson and Hannah

This book was on fire! The opening chapter will have you wanting to finish the book. I don't want to ruin it for you so that's all I will say about this story. Valente is a daring writer who isn't afraid to take chances with a Character's story. I respect that because she has the freedom to tell the love story she wants to tell. I'm glad I purchased this, it was a great story. Read this and be a happy page turner.
Profile Image for LoveBite Shorts.
Author 24 books17 followers
June 25, 2020
Loved this Boxset

This is what a good dark romance should entail.
Broken Anti-hero
Strong heroine
Dubious Consent
Grit & Angst
Lots of Kinky Sex Scenes
A storyline making you rant when it all comes to an end. Ticked all my boxes.
This is what these books had, I’m glad it was a boxset or I wouldn’t have bought it individual small books drive me crazy😐
Profile Image for Cathy.
574 reviews
August 16, 2020
I LOVE THIS STORY!!!

Lilly Valente can weave one awesome story! I absolutely loved Jackson and Hannah’s story - their first encounter was OFF. THE. CHARTS!!! I don’t want to give away any story secrets, but it just gets better and better. Thank you, Miss Lilli! This is one HAWT story! 😘💋💋💋
Profile Image for Steph Lee.
260 reviews
December 31, 2020
Wasn't really Into It

I read Lilis hickey series and thought I'd give this book a go and I wish I hadn't. The book had some good parts but the bad disturbed me. It was a little too dark for my liking. I dont mind a bit of dark but degrading is a whole different story.
I ended liking Jackson in the end which disturbed me.
9 reviews
December 18, 2021
REALLY good plot

The power dynamic aspects of the story were researched and plausible. The other plot elements were well done - comfortably implausible as all good adventure fantasy is. A great read. And the ‘sex’ scenes were powerful and well written.
Profile Image for Emma.
3,805 reviews9 followers
June 17, 2017
Hard core. For sure. NO JOKE. Pretty hard core.
146 reviews
April 4, 2018
Hot sexy exciting

Great sexual connection,mistaken identity intrigue and unexpected twists and turns are ex citing and keep ones attention engaged until the very end.

Profile Image for Lindsay.
2,196 reviews
September 25, 2018
I liked it. The dominant is definitely in the building and he is with who he was meant to be with. Now, there are some extreme factors that are interesting to the story but I still liked it.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 54 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.