Start by marking “The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl (Billionaires of Manhattan, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl (Billionaires of Manhattan, #2)

The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl

(Billionaires of Manhattan #2)

When my manager assigns me the task of finding a new wake up call service for our CEO, I think, how hard can this be?

Answer: practically impossible. It turns out that no wake-up call company in the world will take him on as a client. They’ve all had enough of his surly personality.

So in an effort not to lose my job, I secretly start making the calls myself, every day at 4:
Published July 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl

The Hating Game by Sally  ThorneWallbanger by Alice ClaytonThe Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataBeard Science by Penny Reid44 Chapters About 4 Men by B.B. Easton
Best Rom-Com Books
476 books — 857 voters
Circe by Madeline MillerThe Great Alone by Kristin HannahEducated by Tara WestoverThe Cruel Prince by Holly BlackWhere the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Best Books of 2018
1,391 books — 2,666 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl (Billionaires of Manhattan, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
The Billionaire’s Wake Up Call Girl is my very first book by Annika Martin and let me just say that I am in love. This book got me from the very first page. I loved the Hero and heroine both equally. And even though this was a romantic comedy, it had me all twisted up. Yes I know in my heart these are going to end in a HEA. But I was so worried about these two and how this was all going to be worked out. I didn’t want to stop reading!

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Cooper had everything going for her. She ha
Alex ♈
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe
Funny and safe.

I wasn't a fan of the beginning of their story.
The 2nd part of the book was better.

My 2 personal highlights about the hero:

1) His scent: melon and pepper...
melon and pepper

2) His wonderfully cucumbery cock...
cucumbery...

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review
Title: ➳ ❤- The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl
Author: ➳ Annika Martin

Publication:, July 9th 2018

ღ Annika Martin has another winner on her hands! If you're looking for a romantic comedy you have come to the right place

➳ I read half this book on my way home on the train. I got tons of dirty looks from people, cuz I couldn’t contain myself- this was definitely one of those laugh-out-loud kinda books
To say the least Lizzie & Theo might be opposite’s personality, but they somehow just fix

➳ Lizzy is
Book-Bosomed  blog
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars

Elizabeth “Lizzie” Cooper, 27, only has to stick out her new job for 30 days to earn the sign-on bonus she desperately needs. Then she can escape the strange world of Vossameer Inc. and its elusive Oz like owner.

“Everyone here is obsessed with Mr. Drummond. They seem to regard him the way the ancient regarded gods that controlled the weather and plagues.”

Theo Drummond is preoccupied with cracking the chemical solution to another life-saving medical invention. That is till he’s preoccu
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4 stars!

Review & Excerpt at Of Pens and Pages.

The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl is taking dirty talk to a whole new level. You want a grumpy hero with a wicked mouth on him, and a fantastic heroine you’ll love and admire? You can have that with this book.

It’s hot, funny, and hard to put down! This is my second read from Ms. Martin, and I have to say she’s becoming my favorite. I love the humor, the tone, the pace, and the characters! There’s a hint of angst that tugs at your heartstrings, just
Carvanz
Now this is what I’m talking about! I loved absolutely every single thing about this book. It begins with an enemies to lovers trope, added in a boss and employee set up, and finishes up in the most amazing way!

I am addicted to romances with a touch of humor, a lot of steam and a heroine who is strong and feisty. But most of all I’m drawn to heroes who are a bit of an a-hole and that once they meet the “one” they will do anything to have her. That doesn’t necessarily mean they lose the a-holery,
Sam (AMNReader)
The set ups are so silly, but the feelings of giddy and snark, and sexy are so real. Might be my least favorite of the series, but still a lot of fun. If you like Dare's HR, this kinda reminds me of that level of fairy tale. Martin has a way of feeding you surface sparkle then diving into river bottoms with a clever or beautiful turn of phrase.

Syndi
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
You know i was hoping this book is full of cute sweet, sassy, clever and smart banter. I mean imagine the person who gives u a wake up call is actually your soul mate. But what i got is mix. Yes the first half i got all of that sassy smart mouth sexy sweet banter. Then it wading down.

Down down the rabbit hole. To finally nowhere. It seems the author loses her mojo/idea how to make the story more interesting after the characters get together. There is no plot or layer of complexion on the story
Emma
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl was amazing, loved it, loved every second of it (view spoiler).
This book is what I call the full package in romance, it has everything, smart and strong and vulnerable characters, great chemistry, hilarious moments, really hot sex, heartfelt moments, the pacing was great, didn't skip a word, the conversations between characters were fun and a
Tasha Mahoney
The Billionaire's Wake-Up-Call Girl was such a fun romance. It is the first book that I have read by Annika Martin and I am so impressed with her writing.
There is tension underlying with this story as Lizzie previously had her own popular bakery, She lost it and found out that she was in a heap of debt that her awful ex Mason had taken in her name and using the bakery as collateral, he hadn't stopped there, loan sharks are turning up on her doorstep demanding money and pulling guns on her with a
aarya
I liked this way more than I expected. I mean, it’s totally ridiculous but I guess I was in the mood for ridiculous. I wouldn’t say the book is amazing, but it’s strangely comforting in a bananas way. I thrive on hijinks and books that make me go WTF. The new cartoon cover rebrand sucks and doesn’t fit the book; the old blue cover is far more fitting, tone-wise.

I’m also super amused because the hero is not actually a billionaire as the title indicates. It says so in the blurb and series name, bu
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

“It’s beautiful to trust. It’s beautiful to open your heart.”

Annika Martin, thank you for the giggles, thank you for the swoons! And thank you for bringing us a steamy, entertaining and fabulous feel-good enemies to lovers’ romantic comedy that left us smiling and falling in love with a funny and engaging heroine, and a smart, sexy and cantankerous hero.

We’ve only ever experienced the darker, grittier side to Annika Martin, and wondered how we’d fair with the light-hearted romance The Billio
Katerina
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
In a round about way, our heroine is assistant to the assistant of our hero. In the beginning he came off as incredibly awkward, someone who wasn’t familiar with social niceties and a savant. But he was more so OCD, very particular, sometimes very literal, but a heart full of gold kind of guy.

Our heroine hates him. He reminds her of her ex, a man that conned her and has left her in a load of debt in her name. Her plan is to keep this job long enough for the signing bonus so she can move back ho
Tia Louise
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Attention Reader Friends: STOP what you're doing and Read This Book NOW!!!!

I'm not kidding. This isn't just the best romantic comedy I've read in a while, it's the best romance I've read in a while. It's smart and funny and super sexy and the FEELS!!!! It has ALL the FEELS... I laughed, I swooned, I cried a little... It's just that good.

Theo is the swooniest hero, he's all scientific and laser-focused and dirty and bossy, but wounded and driven by guilt... (My heart!) Lizzie is his perfect matc
Mada Linx
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Wake up, motherfucker. This is a lovely way to start the morning, right? I think is a great way to wake up someone, like your boss, who you kinda hate.

There isn’t much I can say about this book, other than I loved it.

Casey
4 Wake up motherfucker Stars

This was my first Annika Martin book but some of the MacHalo Ladies read the Kinky Bank Robbers Series and thought they were pretty good so I dove in head first to Call Girl on release day.
Because as we all know I have zero self control.
^ I have no intention of attempting to change that fact about myself, but I always like to remind people that it's a thing so that maybe their judgement is less harsh. The interwebs can be a mean place.

I make some of the most ridicul
Talltree
adored, ADORED, this one!

5 stars!
Jacob Proffitt
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, steamy
While this is second in a series, there isn't much cross-over at all. I mean, Henry and Vicky show up, but near the end and in a completely ancillary capacity. And while Theo was in the first book, it was, like, a single dinner scene and not really needed for this one. So you can totally read this one first if you like and not miss or spoil anything.

The cover for this thing is pretty bad, but the copy lets you know enough what you're getting that the overall marketing isn't terrible. I mean, The
« Court (Take the Read) »
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
This book left me speechless, after I was done laughing and crying my heart out, of course.

Sure, we've read the "billionaire boss" trope before, but never quite like this. It was a genius idea that was crafted perfectly. Full of intelligent humor, heartbreaking realness, and two characters who you just wanted to shake sometimes (lovingly, though).
Moon Love
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really shouldn't have started reading this book at 1 am this morning and then once I knew it had its hooks in me, I shouldn't have been surprised I laughed out loud and had to cool down because it was so freakin' hot! The heroine Lizzie is sassy and a hoot! And the hero Theo, is not just brilliant, he's totally an unexpected hottie! And the two of them together? Yeah, they burn up the pages!

I love how this story was anything but predictable, and yes I know for a rom-com you may already know th
Anahita
This book was really entertaining. It had great characters, great chemistry, hilarious moments, lovely romance and the funny and really enjoyable banter between characters.
It was everything that I needed right now after the last two books that I read. So go and start reading it, experience it and enjoyed it :)
Melanie♥
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
New author for me. I was not sure what to expect, but I ended up loving it. Light-hearted, fun, fast read. The nerdy yet mostly alpha hero was a very enjoyable MC and the perfect fit for the funny, determined heroine.
Nicole P
This is my first book by Annika Martin and what a delight! Funny, entertaining and an enjoyable read. Elizabeth Cooper desperately needs to keep her new job. She was royally screwed over by her ex and needs to pay off debts he created. She takes on a job as a social media assistant for a big company that creates lifesaving medicine. The company is run by the enigmatic and recluse, Theo Drummond. Theo was exact, stubborn and at times an asshole. When he requests that a wake-up services be found t ...more
Ambriehl Khalil
⭐️ [4.5/5 Stars] ⭐️

I think Annika Martin might be one of my new fave go-to authors. I loved loved looooved her other book, too. I appreciate that the heroines are bad ass and don’t take any shit, especially this one. I loved the nature of this couples relationship and how they taunted and teased each other. It was so much fun to read. I enjoyed this book so much. I wish this author had more novels because I’d devour them all.
Under the Covers Book Blog
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it

When Lizzie is asked to find a wake-up call girl for her exacting, control freak boss, who also happens to be devilishly sexy, she thinks how hard can it be? As it turns out, it is a lot harder than she thought. So she ends up doing it herself. Lizzie isn't quite the conventional wake-up-call girl and she isn't exac
Siobhan
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading and adoring Annika Martin’s Most Eligible Bastard (recently renamed Most Eligible Billionaire), I was excited for more of the author’s work. In fact, I specifically found myself craving another romantic comedy that would leave me cackling like a mad woman as I worked my way through the story.

Thus, I jumped at the chance to read The Billionaire’s Wake-Up-Call Girl. It sounded like another fabulous romantic comedy, another book to leave me chuckling away, and I was not disappointed.
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

I can't believe I'm saying this but this might have packed more of a punch if it were slightly shorter. . .

I loved the idea and had all these expectations about the unorthodox wake-up call but they didn't exactly come to fruition. It was fun and I should have known better but I kinda wasn't expecting so much of the horizontal mambo.
I wanted more snark and sarcasm and a little less of the angst and the "no man rules my life" scramble.
I totally get where she was coming from but I just couldn't ge
Never Stop Reading or Dreaming
I am in love with this book. I never wanted to put it down. I ma a sucker for romcom's and this did not disappoint. This story is also unlike any story I have ever read. The uniqueness and originality makes me give it an A plus rating. I loved Lizzie, and her personality. I can't wait to tell everyone I know about this book!
P. Dangelico
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sooo cute and well written. Theo...sigh. I need me a chemist.
Caz
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've given this a B/A (Nevarre, Clarke) for narration and a B- for content at AudioGals

Annika Martin’s books have been recommended to me a few times as feel-good, sexy romantic comedies, and when I saw that Jason Clarke was one of the narrators on The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl, it sealed the deal and I picked it up for review. #ImshallowandIdontcare. And the story is exactly what I was led to expect; fun and steamy with a gorgeous geeky hero (complete with lab coat and glasses!) and a snar

• Venus
  • Una relazione pericolosa
  • House of love
  • How To Wife Your Nanny
  • Single Dad Seeks Juliet
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Taurus
  • Vendetta
  • Real Fake Love (Copper Valley Fireballs #2)
  • Love, Sincerely, Yours
  • The Rivals
  • Riley Thorn and the Dead Guy Next Door
  • Pretty Devil
  • Un fidanzato su misura: (Collana Literary Romance)
  • By a Thread
  • Doomed
  • Imperfetti
  • Two Weeks Notice
I love fun, sexy books, taking pictures of my cats, 90’s grunge music, saving animals, long baths and See’s chocolate suckers. I also enjoy hanging out in Minneapolis coffee shops with my awesome writer husband. I’ve worked a surprisingly large number of waitressing jobs, and have also worked in a plastics factory and the advertising trenches. My garden is total bee-friendly madness. I also write ...more

Billionaires of Manhattan (5 books)
  • Most Eligible Billionaire
  • Breaking the Billionaire's Rules (Billionaires of Manhattan #3)
  • The Billionaire's Fake Fiancée (Billionaires of Manhattan #4)
  • Return Billionaire to Sender (Billionaires of Manhattan #5)

News & Interviews

“Their cute little faces are exactly about survival. Baby animals all have large eyes and big foreheads because adult mammals are hardwired to consider it cute and feed them. It’s pure, vicious survival. Survival of the fittest. Practically mercenary.” “Oh my god, are you ruining baby goat videos for me?” 1 likes
“Jerky bosses can be fun because they give the employees a shared enemy to whisper about, to exchange mocking glances over, and that creates a sense of camaraderie, like a workplace version of the French Resistance.” 0 likes