Start by marking “Between the Dreaming and the Dead” as Want to Read:
Between the Dreaming and the Dead

Between the Dreaming and the Dead

Jake Austin finds himself standing in the middle of a dirt road, looking at an old farmhouse with no memory of how he got there. It isn’t the first time he’s been somewhere and not remember how—but it is the first time he’s woken up alone.

Valley Draper has lived in the farmhouse for as long as she can remember. It might be haunted, but nothing comes without a price. When t
ebook
Published September 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Between the Dreaming and the Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between the Dreaming and the Dead

Start your review of Between the Dreaming and the Dead
Louisa
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The queen of twists has done it again

Kelly Martin knows how to hook you and reel you in. This book has so many different twists you don't see coming. Can't wait to see what springs forth from Kelly's mind next
Teresa
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I stayed up till 2 am to finish this book.

Simply said, I really liked it.

Could be because it was a wonderful book, or it could be the two glasses of wine I drank, since i am not a regular drinker.

Either way, it was good!
Conny
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wowww, I LOVED this book. So many twists and turns. If this would be a movie it would be a BIG blockbuster for sure. If you wright such books than you must be a very talented great author, great job Kelly Martin xx
Lisa P
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Captivating ghost story

Very twilight zone/ outer limits feel to this story. I liked how things pulled together - the oddities presented at the start of the story make sense the further you read.
Linda
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow...just wow. What a roller coaster ride that was and when you finally think you figured it out the plot takes another turn. This is why I Love Kelly Martin. She is an absolute genius!
Frankie
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who knew that my granddaughter's pre-k teacher is actually an amazing author!

Loved the book. Loved the twists and turns. Loved that it kept me guessing almost to the very end. Just loved it! I'll definitely be buying more of Kelly Martin's books
Pat Eroh
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely a fantastic read! I was gripped in the story immediately and could not put it down. With characters that I care about and a story that haunted me long after I finished reading, this story has so many twists that my head is still spinning. Awesome writing!

Heather Bane
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from beginning to end. Full of twists and turns. The author is a great writer and did a wonderful job on the story. There’s suspenseful and creepy moments. I highly recommend reading.

Vivian
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast-paced yet long-winded, If that even makes sense. It seemed to go in circles and not get anywhere even when halfway through the book.

Jake didn’t know where he was. All he knew is that he was at party and now he was on the floor of a dirt road during pouring rain. The only thing nearby was an old dilapidated house. He had no choice but to see if he could ask to use the phone. Although it didn’t seem like anyone lived there. It looked neglected and abandoned. But it wasn’t. A little old lady n
Rose Aitken
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
just a really tangled mess

I have seen this idea used in other books but that’s the case with most books. This one is the simple case of illusions, dreams, memories all tangled up in a mess with s sweet ending. I liked it though I reckon this book is for an acquired taste and at least hardly any repeats and boring ‘he said’ ‘she said’ that a lot of authors seem to like.
Rhonda Huston-Black
👍 really, unexpected and totally believable. I'm glad I found it to read.

The story was unique, at least, I've never read anything like it. The whole concept is unique. I might have to read it again...
John Morris
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Twilight Zone?

This was an (amazing) ghost story with a difference. What was real and what wasn't? Were we dreaming or were we sharing someone else's dream? Are we alive or are we dead. Not until you get to the end of the story do the explanations begin. Really good!
Scott Chapman
Mar 17, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Agonizingly slow.

This is only the second book in my life that I couldn't finish. I should have seen it coming when the author used the phrase "it had seen better days", to describe the house, the tree, the sofa with two pages!
Jill M Atchison
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Book

Took a bit to get into the book. But when I did I didn’t want to put it down. Have read other books by the author and even though this was a bit different it still was a good read.
Anne
This was an interesting story though a bit predictable. My complaint is the usual one, too many misspelled words, incorrect words, and grammar mistakes. What has happened to good editing? Spell check isn’t enough. Just because you spell a word correctly doesn’t necessarily mean is the right word.
Brian Enoch
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a new fan!

I found this book to be very interesting, kind of like an episode of the Twilight Zone! It pulled me in from the start and never let go! The writing felt real and I cared about the characters, great story with no unnecessary fluff which kept the pace throughout!
Kelly
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Astounding story!

What a ride! This book kept me on my toes, for certain. I felt as though I was watching a play on a stage as the story built the theme. Awesome tale!
Tina
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
BETWEEN THE DREAMING AND THE DEAD is a well written amazing book. I loved it from beginning to end. Great job.

Christine
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast pace and well written book that keeps you interested from beginning to end. The reason for not 5 stars is the end. I’m sadly disappointed by an abrupt ending.
Cammie
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's as trippy as it looks...lol
Always love Kelly's voice!
Nadia
May 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprised

I did not expect to enjoy this but I loved it. It had suspence and mystery and although I sussed before the reveal, I just love the whole idea of the plot!
Mary Gray
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super fun book! I LOVED not knowing what the heck was going on. One of the twists literally made me laugh out loud because it was so genius.
Liticia Govender
Unusual but extremely enticing! Finished it in one sitting!
Christine Smith

• The Ghosts of David Brook
  • The Haunting of Hathaway House
  • Mary
  • Dark Halls
  • Shepherd's Warning (The Elders Book #1)
  • The Haunting of Beacon Hill (The Beckoning Dead, 1)
  • Coffin Cemetery (Tormented Souls, #1)
  • Secrets in the Dark (Black Winter Book 2)
  • Sinkhole
  • Trap Door
  • Dark Hollows
  • The Man From Taured: A breakneck mystery-thriller (World's Scariest Legends Book 3)
  • The Curse of Allie Mae (Cades Cove, #1)
  • Gretchen
  • The House Next Door
  • Voices in the Snow (Black Winter, #1)
Kelly Martin lives in a possibly haunted house in a small southern town. While she'd like to say paranormal things have only happened to her at her home, it would be a lie...

She is an international #1 best selling author in horror, paranormal, contemporary, historical, young adult, and mysteries. All of Kelly's books have one thing in common-- imagine the real world is tilted slightly on its side