Start by marking “Meant to Be” as Want to Read:
Meant to Be

Meant to Be

(A Perfect Fit #3.5)

Alison Bliss returns with a novella in her popular Perfect Fit series. These laugh-out-loud romantic comedies feature curvaceous heroines finding love and convincing us that confident and sexy comes in all shapes and sizes.

"Fans of Jennifer Weiner will enjoy Bliss."
--Booklist

Sidney Larson always thought dark-haired, blue-eyed Brett Carmichael was sinfully sexy, to say
Published February 12th 2019 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about Meant to Be, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meant to Be

Start your review of Meant to Be
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a refreshing change! This was my first experience with Alison Bliss’ writing, and I am happy to say, it absolutely won’t be my last. This is a very short novella about Sidney and Brett, a couple who broke up a year before and reunite over a flat tire.

I love that Brett realized that the relationship ended because he had a problem controlling his temper. Not only did he acknowledge that he had a problem, he actually got professional help. Reading about a hero who admits his failings, and
April Symes
Meant to Be is book 3.5 novella that is in the More to Love series by Alison Bliss. Brett Carmichael and Sidney Larsonare the main characters in this novella. Sidney and Brett have a complex past. Their break up was mostly due to something that Brett had said/did. Fast forward to now and Brett has really worked on being a better person, a better man- one Sidney could be proud of and possibly learn to love again. Only Sidney has gone thru changes since they broke up and she is dealing with tons ...more
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-love, netgalley
I LOVED the characters! This is my first Alison Bliss book, but I definitely want to catch up with the rest of the series and keep up with it. Brett might be my favorite book boyfriend yet - accountability is sexy as hell! I'll admit that Sidney got on my nerves just a little bit; there are two sides to every story and no one is completely faultless in a situation such as theirs. Meant to Be is such a fun and refreshing read! It is the perfect introduction to a new author and new world and I'm ...more
Stacia | stacialovestoread
*thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for this free copy in exchange for an honest review*

This short little novella was a quick read and rather enjoyable. The story features characters that have been previously written about in a different work but Alison does well with giving background to the characters and filling in the reader.

This was a nice little story about two people who used to date and then broke up a while later. But the last chapter and a half.....S T E A M Y. As someone who
Garden Of REden
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Katie’s Review

Meant to Be is a novella that falls under the More to Love series by Alison Bliss. I have not read the series yet, and I was still able to fully enjoy this novella! I have read other books by Alison, and I was hooked by her witty banter and just plain funny stories she writes. Meant to Be did not have the ability to really dive into the funny side of Alison due to that, but I really enjoyed the banter of the main characters!

I am always leery of reading a series out of order, I
patrick
Shelves: romance
A short story that has two people Sidney Larson and Brett Carmichael who dated for a year. Brett then surprised Sidney at her work at the bank as a loan officer and got involved in a conversation that was between her and the person who was a customer. Breaking up with him within minutes afterward. Months later Brett who is a mechanic and is looking at purchasing a bigger place leaves town to go meet the person for a meeting but can’t help himself when he notices a woman off to the side with a ...more
Bin Blogs Books
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very short but passionate love story about growth and second chances. Perfect for readers with little time to read but who want a quick romanctic fix.
Ritika Chhabra
Follow Just A Girl High On Books for more reviews.

Thank you Netgalley for a digital copy of this book.

Meant To Be is a novella of "A Perfect Fit" series by Alison Bliss. I haven't read the previous books so I wasn't really acquainted with the characters as such but I have to admit, the book took me by surprise. It is a short story (barely 80 pages) about Brett and Sidney. A year ago from when the story is set, Sidney had dumped Brett because he was way too controlling, over-protecting and um, a
Tamara
I could not put this book down! It’s fun, sexy and truly delightful. I really enjoyed Brett and Sidney’s journey to rekindle the love that they once had. The chemistry between them is felt immediately and I could not help but want them to figure it out and get back together for the happily-ever-after they both deserved. I also enjoyed ‘visiting’ with past characters from the Perfect Fit series…..it was like a mini reunion of my favorite characters.

Meant to Be is the perfect balance between an
Lynn Brooks
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and satisfying! If you've been reading the Perfect Fit series by Alison Bliss, you will quickly recognize the characters of this book and enjoy watching them get their second chance at love. It's too short of a book to get a super detailed plot, but it hits the spot with Bliss's signature sass and heartwarming cast. Enjoyed it and looking forward to more to come in the series!

Brett Carmichael's temper and overbearing ways got what was coming to them when his girlfriend Sidney Larson
Crystal Wegrzynowicz
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brett and Sidney are 2 of my favorite characters in all of Alison’s books. After breaking up a year ago because of Brett’s overprotective and overbearing ways, they are thrown together again when Brett comes upon Sidney on the side of the road with a flat tire. He’s on his way to an important meeting...but he can’t in good conscience leave a woman on the side of the road trying to change a flat tire.
Will they work things out and get back together? You’ll have to read the book to find out.
I
Bette Hansen
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute, super quick read that touches on some pretty serious issues. Sidney and Brett have a past. Their break up was primarily due to Brett's bad temper. Since then he's worked hard to address his anger issues and become a better man. Now they have a second chance and Brett wants to prove to Sidney he's changed. Sidney's changed too and not necessarily for the better. Will her insecurities keep her from giving Brett a chance?

This was short but well done. I'd recommend it.
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Meant to Be: a Perfect Fit short story (A Perfect Fit #3.5) by Alison Bliss
I received this book from Netgalley for an honest review.
Oh man!! I was super excited to see over the top and overly controlling Brett get a novella.
He made things between Valerie and Logan super difficult so I liked seeing him
JoAnne
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This novella was included in the back of the book, The Way You Love Me (Angel Falls #2) by Miranda Liasson.

My review as included with it is below and can also be found at http://romancejunkies.com/reviews/the...

What a nice surprise to have a bonus story included MEANT TO BE by Alison Bliss held my interest from the first page to the last! It’s book 3.5 in the PERFECT FIT series. Although I haven’t read any of the other books, I was quickly drawn in to the story. While I know the characters have
Kelly Hawkins Solomon
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute and hilarious quick read! I have not read the series but was able to appreciate the story completely. Brett and Sidney were in a relationship but Brett was very overbearing and Sidney had to break it off. Brett has been trying to work through his “issues” and has a business proposition come up that could be really good for him. On his way he “runs” into Sidney and he feels the sparks fly….but so does she. It has been almost a year and they have gone to great lengths to avoid each other. As ...more
Stacy Jordet
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Alison Bliss's for awhile. I have been waiting to get Brett's story.

This book did an amazing job and showcasing just how far Brett has come from a previous book. He had some serious anger issues that he needed to take care of. It almost resulted in his sister disowning him but it did make him lose the love of his life.

This story picks up a year later when the two of them meet again. Sidney expects that Brett will be the same man she left and wants nothing to do with him.
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The pages of Meant to Be are littered with wit, sass, steam and heart, it's romantic comedy at it's best! This sexy little novella reunites two souls who crossed paths a long time ago, and wound up breaking each other's hearts... but love is giving them a second chance to do it right this time. But before their happily ever after can take shape the two must wade through their past and make amends, which brings lots of drama to the pages and kicks the heat up a notch or two. I loved meeting these ...more
Crystal Shavalier
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alison Bliss did an amazing job with the Meant to Be Novella. Part of the Perfect Fit series it is probably one of my favorites so far.
Brett is looking into purchasing space to open his own business and ends up late as he finds his ex, Sidney broke down on the side of the road. After being reunited unexpectedly they both discover that they want to be back together.
Bliss does a great job keeping you entertained with her quirky sense of humor.
I received this book for my honest review from
Pamela Lilley
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 second chance stars
A super quick light easy read, part of the Perfect Fit series, which by the way, I haven’t read. However, this did not impede my enjoyment of the story, it did mean I didn’t quite bond with the characters in the short space of time it took me to read this novella. A second chance romance following Sidney Larson and Brett Carmichael, as fate brings them together a year after their breakup. It would appear that they both haven’t moved on, and they both still have feelings
Ann Meemken
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short story about second chances. Sidney and Brett are reunited over a flat tire. They still share a special connection but can they put there differences a side and start fresh.

I enjoyed this story. Alison delivers a great story with witty characters and fun banter between them. I hope we see them in another story in the future.
Sheri Lemay
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pure Bliss, as always

I absolutely love Alison Bliss! Her books never fail to entertain and make you swoon. Not to mention give you a few good laughs. Meant To Be did not disappoint. I was glad to see Brett get his own story, even if it was a short one. I would gladly recommend her books to anyone, and I have.
Leanna Hiner
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read all of the books in the perfect fit series by Alison Bliss. I have enjoyed them all. Meant to be is a short second chance romance. Great story, I hope she continues to write more books for this series.
Michele Salls
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read this entire series by Alison Bliss and she is one of my favorite author's. She certainly does not disappoint in this quick and easy read novella.

Brett and Sidney had dated and broke up due to Brett's issues with being overprotective and basically an a**. He runs into Sidney due to a flat tire on the side of the road while heading to an important appointment. He gives up that time to help out his ex-love.

Can Brett show Sidney that he really has changed, like he says he has? Will she
Carol
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another good book from Alison Bliss. This one was short and sweet. Two people who had broken up but not fallen out of love. The story was quick to read and enjoyable. It was fun to see them navigate their way along their new relationship
Angie Elle
ARC from Netgalley

DNF @ 30%, so no rating. Ugh...I don't think this author even tried to make this hero have a man's voice. Aside from that, I am so over the whole 'Oh! All I needed was a woman to tell me what I needed to do!' story line. It's just not for me.
Sarah Gulyas
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very cute story. I really liked the characters and their banter. I only wish it was a little longer. I didn't realize it was a novella, so that on me. I only gave it 4 stars because I didn't find 1 part of the book to be at all believable. I know, it's fiction and not always believable, but that's my opinion. I just thought the reactions weren't what I would expect. I'll just say the part was towards the end.

I really liked it and would have loved to have seen them more in their
Jenn (YeahOrNeighReviews)
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-arc, netgalley
After a flat tire reunites Brett Carmichael and Sidney Larson, their lives continue to cross, causing them to wonder if what they used to have was worth fighting for.
Meant to Be is a funny, second-chance romance written by the wonderful Alison Bliss. Her stories always make me proud of my curves and this novella continued to do just that. A quick and steamy read, that's perfect for Valentine's Day!
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yay! I'm so glad we got to see Brett's story. I loved him. I would've loved to have seen this in a full novel. Brett grew so much between On the Plus Side and Meant to Be, but I'd like to see more of his and Sid's original story to understand the powerful change he made.
Debra Shutters
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
This is a second chance love story about Brett and Sidney who broke up and then meet again a year later. I love the cameos of other characters from her other books : Valerie, Logan Max and Jessa. This is a sweet short story that will leave you with a smile at the end.
Pamela Shorkey
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this novella

I really enjoy Alison's writing style. I can really feel what Brett and Sidney are feeling. I love this series and cannot wait for more stories.

• The Way You Love Me (Angel Falls, #2)
  • All I Want for Christmas Is You
  • Christmas on Mistletoe Lane (Sweetwater Springs, #1)
  • Then There Was You (Angel Falls, #1)
  • Snowfall on Cedar Trail (Sweetwater Springs #3)
  • Puppy Love (Forever Home, #1)
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • A Wedding on Lavender Hill (Sweetwater Springs #1.5)
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Deadly Obsession (Steele Ops, #1)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Barefoot Beach (Harmony Harbor, #8)
  • Just One of the Groomsmen (Getting Hitched in Dixie #1)
  • Christmas in Harmony Harbor (Harmony Harbor, #9)
  • Christmas Camp
  • Strawberry Hill (Mystic Creek, #5)
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • The Perfect Date
Alison Bliss is a best-selling, award-winning author of humorous, contemporary romances. A born and raised Texan, she currently resides in the Midwest with her husband, two kids, and their dogs. As the youngest of five girls, she has never turned down a challenge or been called by the right name. Alison believes the best way to find out if someone is your soul mate is by canoeing with them because ...more

A Perfect Fit (4 books)
  • Size Matters (A Perfect Fit #1)
  • On the Plus Side (A Perfect Fit #2)
  • More to Love (A Perfect Fit, #3)