Start by marking “Chase the Butterflies” as Want to Read:
Chase the Butterflies

Chase the Butterflies

“Victoria, will you marry me?”

Those words changed my life forever…just not in the way it would for most. I had it all until one fateful evening transformed my life in ways I never imagined.

Published December 5th 2019 (first published June 21st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Chase the Butterflies, please sign up.
Monica James GAH! Thank you for reading All The Pretty Things Trilogy! I really appreciate it!

I think yes, they do get a HEA--just expect the unexpected with this…more

I think yes, they do get a HEA--just expect the unexpected with this book xoxo(less)

Start your review of Chase the Butterflies
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540
chase-butterfies

CHASE THE BUTTERFLIES: Is a full length, stand alone romance novel by Monica James.

This review will be as epoiler free as I possibly can make it.. It will also be without quotes..Because..Spoilers!!

What should've been a happy moment in twenty seven year old Victoria's life when the man she loved got down on one knee, didn't exactly turn out as one would expect.

NOW: Nine months later she moves to a sleepy town in an attempt to find herself again. She was a shell of the woman she once wa
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

what the heck?! now i understand why the author implies in her author's note that this book has a crisis of identity. it doesnt fit into any type of genres. it's a romance but also maybe with a hint of paranormal too. (??) this is one of my most surprising reads this year.

tbh the first 45% or so confused me the hell out. it felt a little choppy. i was fairly certain i was going to give it a three stars by that point. after i got past that and learned the truth, damn, i was instantly hooked.
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tissues-needed
4.5 STARS
I want to consume you just as you’ve consumed every…single…part of me.
Everything I am, I give to you. Mind. Body. Soul. You own every part of me. That’ll never change. Regardless of our circumstances, I’ll love you for eternity.”

So I...
yeah so...
This was...
And then it...
...Yeah, I got nothing. Seriously. I can't even begin to process, let alone review what I just read. I have no idea. I really don't. Total and complete mindf*ck.

How do I even categorize this for you? I don't
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
4 Stars!!

This book snuck up on meeee!!! There I was minding my own damn business and this one came along and hijacked my time and feelings!! The plot was refreshing, the characters owned you, and you will NEVER see the twist coming! Definitely going down as one of my favorite reads this year.
queen_of_the_books_18
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mind-fuck

You may ask, why 4.5 and not 5? Well I’ll tell you fellow book lovers. I only give 5 stars to books that I will re-read in the future, and as much as I loved this story... there is No way in hell I will be putting myself through that emotional rollercoaster again.

It’s taken me 24 hours to process what I’ve read so I can write this review. If I’d written it straight after I’d finished it would’ve gone something like this.

”WHAT IN THE EVERLOVING FUCK WAS THAT MONICA JAMES?!!!!!”

I’m goi
Dora Koutsoukou
The first book that I tried to read by this author didn’t excite me. However, I liked the blurb of her new release and decided to read it.
I struggled to finish the 5th chapter, due to the slow development, no connection with most characters and soooo much narration.

Don’t mind my opinion, I am certainly not a member of this story’s target group. Dnf @ 20%
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
ezgif-com-video-to-gif

📚 "𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞? 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭." 📚

The book begins when Victoria celebrates her 27th birthday with Brian, her boyfriend for the past 10 years. 💙
They ate at a good restaurant and spent a pleasant time, even though he was acting a little weird... But once he stopped tying his laces *again*, she turns to him and find him on his knees with a ring. 💍
Excited and happy, Tori can't wait to go home to tell her sister Matilda the good news, but on the way to the car... everyth
Annie Emerson
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🦋 Description 🦋

“Victoria, will you marry me?”

Nine months later, I move to a sleepy little town, hoping to escape the demons of my past. As I attempt to claim back my life, Jude Montgomery enters my world, and things begin to change.

I thought running would appease the nightmares, but I soon discover my past won’t let go. Things are not
Anne OK
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads
I'm a little stunned and don't know how to even begin this review. All I know for sure is that I loved the words, the feelings and the characters of Jude, Victoria and a little guy named Angus. And with the last page read, I felt as if I might have experienced an out-of-body excursion into the realm of the uncanny -- and begging for more.

There will be no spoilers in this review. Go into this book blind, and draw your own untainted conclusions. You'll find a romance that intrigues and mystifies,
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow... epic in every way... tears you wouldn’t believe falling... a love that spans a lifetime. Read it! You will find no spoilers here. This is my first Monica James and will not be my last. The emotions... the feels... will consume you so be ready with tissues 😭😭😭❤️❤️❤️
Athena D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

Oh my goodness...this book brought me to the point that I could barely read past my overflowing tears. Just typing this review and thinking of what this book made me feel, is causing my eyes to well up. Monica James succeeded in creating a written work of art that captures all the emotions! Everyone has a story, Victoria and Jude's will draw you in and you can't help but connect with them as they work through their trauma and grief, to find their happiness. It's a beautiful tr
Malene
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: go-in-blind
I went in blind and with an open mind and I’m so glad I did. Chasing Butterflies was my first book from Monica James and it definitely won’t be my last. I had an idea where the story was headed based on the first couple of chapters and I still enjoyed it very much. Monica James executed this story to perfection. Laying breadcrumbs along the way. It was like solving a puzzle and at the same time a beautiful love story unfolded. The characters were incredible. Omg did I fall in love with Victoria, ...more
ash | novelly rooted
chase the butterflies is unlike anything i have ever read before. it breaks boundaries because it refuses to be contained by a particular genre.

the plot cannot be understood unless read and i recommend going into it completely blind for the full effect.

you will scream. you will cry. you will feel like your heart is being ripped from your body. you will not be prepared for what happens.

i received an arc for an honest review
Jessie
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this arc in exchange for my honest review.

☆☆☆𝚂𝚃𝚄𝙽𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶 • 𝚆𝙾𝙽𝙳𝙴𝚁𝙵𝚄𝙻 • 𝙱𝚁𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙰𝙽𝚃☆☆☆⁣

Victoria (Tori) is experiencing one of the most exciting moments that a couple can have. Her boyfriend Bryan proposes marriage. But that moment is interrupted by an event that will change their lives forever. ⁣

Sometimes, at the worst moment of our lives, we meet a special person who accompanies us on our journey through this life. Jude is that person, the hero who rescues Tori, not once but twice. The e
Vintage
I feel very manipulated.

I don't even know how to rate this as it was nothing like I was expecting or wanted at this time.

Read other reviews for POV on the book.
it.sgottabethebooks
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a 10 star read!! This book left me in tears, I definitely was not prepared for all the tissues I needed. The intensity of Chase the Butterflies had me captivated from the opening pages. Monica James has outdone herself as she delivered such a heartbreakingly beautiful story. This is what you call an epic read! My heart is bursting with so much feels and It was all consuming and left me with the chills. Jude and Victoria found solace in each other despite how broken they were. The love th ...more
Jasmina Ceha (bbj Bookmarks by Jasmina)
I've just finished Chase the Butterflies book and OMG you guys! This story was unbelievable and very original.
I love it from the beginning to the very end. Monica James enchanted me with this magical story and I couldn't put this book down so curious with what kind of wild journey she'll take me with main characters. At first I was mad at author that she prepared that cruel fate for Tori and Jude but then, as a story went further I saw Mrs. James' twisted mind and where she's heading with this
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: +5/ 5 stars

I've been staring at a blank page trying to write a review for this book ever since I finished it... but there are just no words to describe this book or how it made me feel. Also, I really don't want to give any spoilers. This book needs to be experienced without any info, please go in blind and don't, DO NOT seek spoilers, trust me! Or this book won't have its desired effect or impact and won't be the masterpiece that it is for you. Because that is honestly what this book is
Bozena
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! OMG! This book..WOW! 🤯 This book is not like any other of Monica's books.
It's so full of sadness and heartbreaking feelings, but also full of hope and love.
This book is so beyond belief moving, you've no other choice, but to fall in love with it ❤
I'm a complete mess! Again! 😭
I'm siting here and thinking about, what could I possible say about this story???....without spoiling it at the first point, but to express how moved and emotional I'm feeling right now, when I'm only giving it a beau
TheSassyNerdBlog
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-2019-reads
Oh man, I had missed Monica James books, and how they made me feel...
HA, right, I'm STILL getting over how Forever My Saint ended and how much of a gut punch that was... Even a month down the damn track... My head and heart are still aching and spinning.

So I went into Chase the Butterflies with caution, thinking I knew this author's tricks. Well, I was epically wrong and what unfolding within the pages is something I never expected.

It was a given that I was going to love this book, but like I
Mary - B&M
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
“It’s been said the simple flutter of a butterfly’s wing can cause chaos halfway across the world. So, there is one simple difference, a difference which isn’t so small after all, and that difference is…life and death.“

This is not your typical love story, because even though love is very present, this is a story about redemption, acceptance and life itself. In a sense is about how to let go of the people you love that aren’t in this world anymore. About the demons that keep you hostage and a jou
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Holy crap! I don’t even know what to say…Have you ever finished a book and think to yourself what the heck? Yeah! This is one of those for me.

Victoria is happily blissed when her boyfriend proposes but tragedy immediately follows that forever changes her life. Victoria’s life is turned upside down and she can’t quite get over the tragic event. Then she finds out her fiancé is sleeping with her own sister… Victoria knows she needs to move on. Nine months later, Victoria moves to a small town hop
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
description

I have chills. OMG, what did I just read?! Chase the Butterflies by Author Monica James is an epic journey of the heart and soul. This book is going to make you question so much. You’ll end up chasing the feels and chasing down a box of tissues. It all makes sense in the end. Avoid reading any reviews that look like they might include spoilers. You want to go in blind. Chase the Butterflies will release on December 5th. One-click worthy!
Texas_BookWorm(Priscilla)
I was super excited when I saw that Monica James was coming out with a new book after reading about Willow and Saint and absolutely loving those books so with that being said, I could not connect to these characters or the book. I am in the minority here because I do see many five-star ratings which is fabulous but to me I just couldn't get into this book which makes me sad. ...more
Phuong ✯
I dont know what I just read but it was entertaining and it made me cry so 4 stars.

After some thoughts I'm lowering my rating, cause it was more like a 3.5 star read. Initially, I gave it 4 stars cause it made me emotional. Now that some time has passed, I can think more rational about it and see a lot more flaws.
Aisha
Dec 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
CherryRed’s Reads
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I felt all the butterflies!

I chased them, I caught them and I let them fly away to their happily ever after reading this beautifully written story by Author
Sofia´s Beddable Reads
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing

145 stars. 😄😍❤

- I've been bawling my eyes out for the past 3 hours.
- I'm sporting one of the headaches of the century.
- My mind is racing and I feel like my heart is about to burst out of my chest.
- The road was tough, but my faith in humanity is officially restored.

What you see above are all the typical side effects of reading a Monica James' book and I'm ok with them all. Actually, that's a lie, scratch that. And more than ok with all of the above: I missed every single one, because apparently
Kodie Mackay
Have you ever been so profoundly moved by a book that it literally takes your breath away and you can't even begin to express how it made you feel. There isn't enough words in the dictionary to describe what I am feeling. I have a knot in my stomach because I'm that worked up over it.
Crazy right?. I mean this is a fictional book. And yet I'm sat here utterly flabbergasted and trying to make sense of what the fuck I just read.

Chase The Butterflies is like nothing I have ever read. I'm not goin
Jamie - The Bookish Attitude
Chase the butterflies is unique, daring and courageous.

This is a story about picking yourself up after a traumatic experience, told through the metamorphosis of the butterfly.

It's honestly like nothing I have ever read before, when thinking about something that could potentially be similar I think J.T Geissinger, but this is something else again.

I honestly don't know how to do this review justice without giving everything up.
If outside of the box is some you think you can read and open your m
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Holiday Ever After
  • Noble Savages Box Set
  • For the Love of English
  • Someday, Somehow
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Never Let You Go (A Modern Fairytale #2)
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands #4)
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • Mistletoe Kisses
  • A Thousand Boy Kisses
  • Pretty Hostage (Captive, #3)
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • A Casual Encounter
  • Releasing Keanu (The Kennedy Boys #8)
  • Second Chance Rescue
  • Sweet Victory (BTU Alumni, #3)
Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare, and Emily Dickinson.
When she is not writing, Monica is busy running her own business, but she always finds a balance between the two. She enjoys writing honest, heartfelt, and turbulent stories, hoping to leave an imprint on her readers. She draws her inspiration from life.
She is a bestselling author in the U.S.,