Start by marking “Acquainted” as Want to Read:
Acquainted

Acquainted

They met under summer showers ...

Vera Markovic only wanted a vacation away from New York where everyone knows her as a Russian Mafiya printsessa of the Markovic Bratva. She didn’t expect to find something worth remembering. And definitely not a man like Alfie Shelby.

They fell in love when the leaves changed colors ...

As New York City’s notorious fixer, Alfie Shelby alwa
Published June 12th 2018 by LM Books, LLC

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
This book was bloody fantastic. I actually think it may be my favorite London Miller book to date. Alfie was everything...sigh. Miz Miller's writing is always excellent, so it goes without saying that this was another very well-written book. It was perfectly paced. It was a decent length page wise and took me around three hours to finish reading. It was told through both Alfie and Vera's POV. The plot was super engaging and kept me turning the pages. Last, it was all wra
Dri ✰
Jun 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 3 stars!! ★

Esse é o primeiro livro que leio da autora e creio que não será o último.

Vera e Alfie vêm de mundos cercados de violência. De um lado a printsessa da máfia e de outro um gangster. Embora eu tenha achado os dois personagens interessantes e gostado deles, a história em si foi bem leve e não era isso que eu esperava devido ao background de cada um. Ficou faltando um desenvolvimento maior... explorar mais isso.

Um ponto que me incomodou bastante foi a passagem de tempo. Várias vezes m
Natalie The Biblioholic
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc, dual-pov, mafia
What do an underworld fixer and a mafia princess have in common? Utter chaos. Alfie Shelby grew up in the school of hard knocks in London and fought his way up to the top. He’s the go-to man for any of your needs. Need an exclusive weapon? He’s your man. Want to find your lunatic father to put him down? He’s got your back. He’s everything that Vera never knew she wanted. Vera figured out the hard way that the mafia lifestyle wasn’t for her. It only gave her pain and grief. So, she struck out on ...more
Bethany-Kris
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, London went ahead and released Acquainted early and I was so not ready for review writing, haha. But here we are, and I will try to keep this as discernable and clear as I can because when I say I messaged this woman every single day (EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.) that she was writing Alfie and Vera so that she understood MY INBOX WAS THE FIRST PLACE THIS BOOK NEEDED TO GO WHEN IT WAS DONE ... well, I mean just that.

Some fair warning/disclaimer: way back when, like a couple years ago when we were yo
Greta
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Alfie Shelby could corrupt a saint."

Alfie Shelby, Alfie Shelby... my god!
Primissima volta che leggo London Miller e già mi sono innamorata dei suoi personaggi. Vera Markovic viene da una famiglia russa, è una principessa della mafia anche se lei con quella vita non ci ha mai voluto avere niente a che fare. Dedita al lavoro, ha un suo studio in interior design e passa praticamente tutta la sua giornata nel suo ufficio. Ma decide di prendersi una vacanza. 5 giorni in Messico, solo sole, drink
London Miller
Jun 13, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Now available on Amazon and Kindle Unlimited!
You can grab Acquainted here —> http://geni.us/AlfieShelby
Jemima
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
FOR GOODREADS
ARC
Ahhh... Vera and Alfie! What a pair! A chemistry like no other, it's profoundly magnetic.

My love for organized crime/romance books is a little on the addictive side. As I will say this,I had high expectations for this book because the synopsis really intrigued me and I was literally refreshing my kindle,waiting for it to arrive but alas, Acquainted and my love story wasn't meant to be. I was a tad disappointed.

There is no point denying the fact that Vera and Alfie are an absolutely magnetic pai
Julia ⏃  ✦ : The Romance Rebels ✦ :

"They met under summer showers....."

London Miller has done it again! Acquainted was exhilarating, fast paced, with a steamy explosive romance between Alfie Shelby and Vera Markovic. If you know me by now, I'm addicted to London's writing... especially when it comes to her Wild Bunch and Den of Mercenaries series. With reading London Volkov Bratva it does give a more in-depth to the world that Alfie lives in.

Vera is mafia royalty. A princessa. She was born into a life she would rather forg
Sara
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this one, but nowhere near as much as I usually do with London’s books.

I had a few issues with the timeline which confused me a bit. I kept having to go back to see if it was me not reading properly. After Alfie and Vera’s meeting on vacation. A chapter starts with ‘3 months later’, Vera has been home for 3 months, but then a few pages later says it’s been a week since Vera returned home from vacation?? Yeah, confused me to.. There was a few bits here and there which had me wondering
Sonal
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK OH MY GOD!!!

Vera is a mafia princess who hates everything her father and his life stands for. She wants nothing to do with hi or his empire. On a much needed vacation, she meets his beautiful, sinister stranger who makes her crave so much. She years for him even after she comes back to her normal life. What she doesn't know about Alfie Shelby is that he embodies everything she hates about her father's business.

Alfie is a gangster roughened by his years of experience with thugs and mobs
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads, arcs, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Suzanne (Lily)
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Acquainted lifted my mood when I needed it most. I went into this story basically blind, with the limited knowledge of a forbidden romance within the world of organised crime. The suspense stemmed from the relationship and the onus was firmly in Alfie’s court to prove he was worth Vera Markovic’s going against her resolve not to be involved in her father’s world.

London Miller has created another swoon worthy alpha in Alfie Shelby. He was the perfect holiday hookup for Vera or so she thought. The
A Klue
London Miller is at it again, my fellow mafioso book loving friends. She’s given us another “no one messes with me or my woman” gangster hero and a strong, confident, can handle whatever is thrown her way leading lady.

Though Vera at first is very determined to stay steady on her course of avoiding anything related to her Russian mob family’s way of life, Alphie, the hero, blows those plans right out of the water when she sweeps him off his feet while on a brief vacation in Mexico. This guy is u
Paganalexandria
3 1/2 stars. Bonus story from the Seasons of Betrayal Series Where the Sun Hides (Seasons of Betrayal, #1) by Bethany-Kris Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2) by London Miller Where the Wind Whispers (Seasons of Betrayal, #3) by Bethany-Kris. Vera is the sister of that hero, and Alfie is the mysterious fixer that was the answer to prayers.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tension-filled romance….

Alfie. That name. I didn’t really take to it until I got to know this Alfie. I could get lost in his confident manner and his way of making Vera the only thing he focuses on when he is with her. We know he is a fixer for anyone with the right price. His past is under a cloud. It should all matter but it didn’t. Not at all.

“He feared nothing. He lost nothing. Alfie was a gangster, through and through.”

Vera grew up in the middle of that world and distanced herself from he
Joanne Teale
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always wondered about Alfie Shelby in the seasons book's and now with his own story in Acquainted it was everything I thought it would be I loved every written word,this is Alfie and Vera's story of how they meet and fell for each other,he's definitely going to make you love him when you read the book with his no nonsense attitude and the cockney speech ....loved it well worth the wait x
Lisa Mcintire
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one. I’m hoping we get more. Maybe from some of the others in the book.
 Tania
Jun 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF
I tried on numerous occasions to read this book, but failed miserably each time. The book was written in third party and the writing made it extremely hard for Me to read.
☆ Aimetz
Oh my London

I love the tittle. The cover. The story itself. Every single thing.

It took me a while to finish it and no 'cause the book was bad or something. (I moved to another country). And let me tell you. This book was everything and more.
Love the author's writing. When I think London Miller can't surprise me even more, she surpasses all my expectations.
Need more from the author as always. I just wanted keep reading and reading. I want to live in that head of hers too.

Vera & Alfie.
This
Stina Andersen
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I really like this author's work, her dark mafia world. But I'm sorry to say that I had trouble connecting with Acquainted. I thought the beginning was good, and I was excited reading forth. But...somehow, I just couldn't get into the story. Yes, it was a fast-paced story, and nothing wrong with that. However, it seemed that the author skipped writing about the relationship between the main characters. On one page, Vera is firm in her decision (trying not to give away spoilers) and in the next p ...more
Louise
This was so different to your typical 'mafia' romance and definitely in a good way

I absolutely adore London Miller's Wild Bunch and Den of Mercenaries books, so that alone was enough to stir my interest in this book. I didn't realised it was about some of the side characters from her Volkov Bratva books, and do wonder if reading them first would have enhanced my enjoyment of this. There were a few times in this story where I felt as though I had missed some information, though I did read an arc
Aracely
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was giving an ARC in exchange for honest review, thank you so much London Miller.

London Miller has a way with words. Well written. Amazing, I love it!!!!
She captivates you, and makes you feel every emotion her characters go through. Everything feels so real and authentic and that make you keep reading and wonder what’s in the next chapter. You can feel the passion this author has with her work, with her words.
I got caught since the first chapter and can’t put the kindle away, except to sleep f
Shelly
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Arc received in exchange for an honest review.

I absolutely love this author and her books are one's I look forward to reading. Acquainted is the story of Vera Markovic and Alfie Shelby, two characters from the Seasons series. It was great to read about Vera who is a strong heroine who can stand on her own two feet and Alfie who was such an intriguing character in the previous books.

Their relationship is delightful, whilst there is so much going on around them, the love they share leaps from the
Maria11
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Conflicted

I am conflicted about this one. I loved the story! Alfie is just WOW! He is everything a strong woman like Vera needs. I love how he is very confident and alpha, but he isn’t an ass about it. He doesn’t need his minions around his to bolster his ego and he doesn’t take crap from anyone. I like Vera. She doesn’t just melt into the background after she meets Alfie. She takes him to task and set the limits.

How am I conflicted? Well we never get a handle on Alfie’s age. He mentions he is d
Heather Emery
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow! I always seem to enjoy this author, but this book was exceptionally wonderful. The characters were strong, funny, understanding and always stayed true to who they were. The plot took me on a roller coaster ride that I wanted to stay on and ride over and over.
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3.75 stars. This was a surprisingly good read! This was Alfie and Vera's book. Vera is the father of a Russian mafia don. She is estranged from him and stays away from that business. She is on a tropical vacation by herself when she meets Alfie. Alfie is also in the mafia, a fixer and an enemy to her father. He is at the beach on business, but when he meets Vera, he decides to stay for pleasure. He knows who she is by her last name, but that doesn't stop his attraction to her. They spend some se ...more
Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books
3 Stars......Vera and Alfie.........the Russsian printsessa and the British fixer.

I was looking forward to getting my hands on a hot mafia romance. But I got a confusing timeline and conflicting story. That was a problem. I hate it when I have to go back and re-read a paragraph or two just to be sure I read it right. So, unfortunately, I wasn't blown away but I did find it enjoyable.

I really liked Vera and Alfie together despite the fact that there was more fade to black sex scenes vs the two (
Lisa Stanton
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alfie Shelby is New York’s fixer, anything you want or desire, he’s your man, he grew up hard on the streets of London and fought his way to the top. Vera Markovic is a Russian mafia printsessa who hates the life of violence and crime she grew up in, she gets out as soon as she can by moving out of her fathers house on her 18th birthday and making a normal life for herself. Alfie and Vera meet whilst Vera is on holiday in Mexico, trying to momentarily escape the chaos and stress of life surround ...more
Neen Ramos
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
have been intrigued with Alfie ever since I had the chance to read about him in the Seasons of Betrayal series by London Miller and Bethany-Kris. And when I found out that London Miller was making a standalone novel on Alfie Shelby and Vera Markovic, all I can say was, "Hell yeah!"

I was already a big fan of Alfie and Vera while I was reading the Seasons series. They are just one of those sub-plot characters that you root for from the get-go and thus, reading Acquainted was such an absolute trea
Scarlett Se Leva
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Acquainted…. Easy-to-read, Charismatic
The story of the fixer Alfie and the mafiya printsessa Vera. Alfie is the fixer of all fixer’s if you want anything and I mean anything he is the man to see. Alfie build his life from nothing, from a lowly kid in London to become the man that he is today.  It wasn’t an easy road to get to where he is now and he has learnt his lessons along the way. Through those lessons he has grown.

Alfie is special. He doesn’t love hard but when he see something he truly
Bargain Basement: Signed Paperback 1 6 Jun 20, 2018 03:06PM
  • Disgrace (John + Siena #2)
  • Engagement Rate (Callaghan Green, #1)
  • Vengeful Love (Vengeful Love, #1)
  • Fighting Fate (Harrow #1)
  • Her Perfect Game (Hot & Nerdy, #2)
  • The Last Boss' Daughter
  • The Phoenix Candidate (Grace Colton #1)
  • Sexy Beast
With a degree in Creative Writing, London Miller has turned pen to paper, creating riveting fictional worlds where the bad guys are sometimes the good guys. Her debut novel, In the Beginning, is the first in the Volkov Bratva Series.

She currently resides in southern Georgia where she drinks far too much coffee, and spends her nights writing.

To learn more about London Miller and her novels, please