Start by marking “Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)” as Want to Read:
Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)

Storm Cursed

(Mercy Thompson #11)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  13,980 ratings  ·  1,651 reviews
In this powerful entry in the #1 New York Times bestselling series, Mercy Thompson must face a deadly enemy to defend all she loves...

My name is Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman, and I am a car mechanic.

And a coyote shapeshifter.

And the mate of the Alpha of the Columbia Basin werewolf pack.

Even so, none of that would have gotten me into trouble if, a few months ago, I had
Published May 7th 2019 by Ace Books

To ask other readers questions about Storm Cursed, please sign up.
Eerie definitively not! It would had nothing to the storie and It's not a obligation for every female character to have a baby!!!!!
Emily E #10 is due March 2017. Then an Alpha and Omega book in 2018. So #11 is probably not until 2019.

·  13,980 ratings  ·  1,651 reviews

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
*Buddy read with some friends at For Love Of A Book!

I loved the book but one little thing made me want to kill some peeps! And there are miniature zombie goats 😃. Well, there are a lot of things in the book but still, miniature zombie goats 😃

And Stefan and Zee; just the gang 😊💕

•••••••••

I'm obsessed with this cover!!

Happy Reading Mercy Fans!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
4.5 stars, and this one's on sale now! Review first posted on Fantasy Literature:

Storm Cursed, the eleventh book in Patricia Briggs’ MERCY THOMPSON urban fantasy series, kicks the series up a notch with some clashes with black magic witches, and no one is safe. Mercy, a coyote skinwalker and the shapechanger daughter of the god Coyote, is back in the Tri-Cities area of Washington state after her hair-raising adventures in Europe in Silence Fallen.

Storm Cursed begins with a seemingly tangential e
Paula Kalin
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Werewolf fans
The Mercy Thompson series is my guilty pleasure...

Since book #1 my son and I have been reading this series. We love werewolves, vampires, wolves, and direwolves (missing Games of Thrones!). I typically read serious books, and love digging into a fantasy novel on occasion. Mercy Thompson is such a driving force in her series. A tough woman. One that you don’t want to mess with. She is also married to the alpha male of her pack. SO MUCH FUN...

I usually rate these books with 5 stars, but dropped it
Anne
Witches + Zombies + Mercy!
Should have been a slam dunk.

But it wasn't.
For the vast majority of this book, I just kept reading out of love for all the other books. It wasn't awful, but the story just seemed to meander around without getting to the meaty stuff very quickly, and I found myself (shockingly) bored while reading about Mercy for the first time in ever.
I'm seeing nothing but 5 star reviews out there, but this was, unfortunately, my least favorite installment.

Ok. The swearing thing.

An
Ina
"A lot of what I know about the witches comes from Wikipedia; it told me that coven had thirteen witches."
"I get the best spells from Wiki," Wulfe said. "Have you read what it says about werewolves? I keep editing the article, but someone - and I think it's Bran Cornick - keeps changing it back."

This made me laugh so hard, because I can totally imagine Wulfe and Bran sitting behind their computers and editing the Wiki article on werewolves back and forth for it to fit each of their agendas.
I fi
Jilly
Read this when you won't be interrupted because it is not put-downable.
I do need to give a warning though: there is animal torture in this book. It was darker than most of the series, and I felt a little sickened by the torture stuff.
Who the fuck could torture a kitten?

I can't little kitty! I can't!
I need to pet it and love it forever..And, I'm a dog person!

To me, this felt like the darkest book in the series so far. I didn't mind the vampire stuff that was brutal like I did this black-magic t
Steven
Thanks to Ace/DAW for providing me with an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review!

First, let me get this out of the way: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGWOW. Okay. Phew, that's all said and done.

Patty, you've outdone yourself. What a rollercoaster! Bringing back the vampires, throwing in a bunch of dark witches, tying a bunch of storylines together and revealing that you've got a much more devious master-plan kind of mind than we've realized before... game officially upped!

This one starts with all of the
Aisling Zena

But..

Celeste
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You can find this review and more at Novel Notions.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher (Ace) in exchange for an honest review. While I’m incredibly thankful, all opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

Actual rating: 4.5 stars, rounded up.

I was ecstatic to receive a copy of this book. First of all, Briggs’s Mercy Thompson series served as my gateway into truly appreciating urban fantasy. I had previous exposure to the genre, having binge read many of the Anita Blak
Emma
This is one of those instalments that manages to showcase the best and the worst of a series. The problem is the good bits only just managed to outweigh the bad, making it a rather worrying moment. Anyone who reads this type of fantasy knows that there comes point when it becomes necessary to let it go, and there were times in this that felt close.

****SPOILERS BELOW****

The book is done with the lightest touch, lots of marginally linked scenes, hardly any real development, and weird plot or char
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

"One by one
Two by two,
The Hardesty witches
are traveling through."

I don't know how Briggs nails it every time but she does. Mercy Thompson is a series I've been reading almost since it started, and though time goes by and my reading tastes change, this series holds its own and remains a constant source of joy for me.

In the previous book Mercy made the tri-cities area a safe haven for citizens in her territory. Now with that proclamation, she needs to uphold it. When a new coven o
Holly

When even a brand new and much anticipated installment in a beloved series comes out and it doesn't end up exciting you - you start to worry if you'll ever love reading again!

I love this series. I do. Not so much the spin-off series, but this series I love. But this book? I don't know. I liked it. I will say I liked it. But I didn't love it as much as I was hoping/expecting. Is that a result of my current book-reading-funk coloring my opinion or is it a result of this book objectively n
Amy Imogene Reads
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

Well. I need a minute. Or several. Wow. The #11 in a series and it definitely proves that there is more to explore - and completely wreck - in this world. This was intense.

Character Development: ★★★★
Pacing: ★★★★★
Surprise Factor: ★★★★★
Will to continue with the series: ★★★★★

By the time you get get to the 11th book in a series, it sometimes falls into the trap of recycling plot and stagnating character development. Storm Cursed is a shining exemption from that tired rule—it glitters with n
Corina
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always this series left me easily spellbound.

The book’s 384 pages flew by like nothing. With the author’s customary skill of weaving captivating stories, Storm Cursed was a thrilling ride from beginning to end.

While reading Storm Cursed, I was again reminded of how much I enjoy the author’s use of old and beloved characters instead of introducing a slew of new ones. Last book’s stint in Europe didn’t give me enough pack interaction, I’m happy to say Storm Cursed delivered in spades.

Mercy tumb
Obsidian
May 10, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So. I initially was just going to give this three stars and move along. However, after thinking it through this morning, this book honestly doesn't deserve 3 stars (okay). This book's pacing was off, there was about zero character development, too much repetition, and I think at one point I even said to myself that this book was just filler. It's a book to bridge to the next Alpha/Omega book or the next Mercy Thompson. The book synopsis on this one sounded so bad ass and it had me convinced to g ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I loved this book! I have to admit that I am a huge fan of all the books set in Mercy Thompson's world. Every time I get my hands on a new Mercy Thompson book, I feel like I have been given the most wonderful gift. These stories really are gifts and I cherish each one. As you may have guessed, I went into this book with really high expectations. This book was even better than I could have hoped. This book allowed me to escape my life
Ginger
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, library-book
Full review up!
I’ve missed reading urban fantasy!! It’s been awhile since I’ve cracked open a book about werewolves, vampires and all the things that go bump in the night.

Storm Cursed is the 11th book in the Mercy Thompson series. This is not a standalone book. If this book and series sounds good to you, I would suggest starting at the beginning with Moon Called.
There are tons of returning characters and plots from past books, especially from book #10, Silence Fallen. I think you’ll be lost in S
Mogsy (MMOGC)
3.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2019/04/30/...

At eleven books, the Mercy Thompson series has become a veritable saga at this point. Pack drama and supernatural politics, this one’s got it all! And believe it or not, many of these story threads are still developing and building upon everything that has come before.

This is the case in Storm Cursed, which takes us back to the Tri-Cities area after our eventful detour through Europe in Silence Fallen—which also means we
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
The Mercy Thompson series is not only one of the most fun series in its genre but also one of the most kick butt with lovable characters that are memorable. It is also why this series has, from the very first book, been in my top ten favorites in UF and will remain there.

It is so much fun, so addicting, and so freaking entertaining. It truly has a little bit of it all. Humor, action, magic, beasties, a family bond, danger, baddies...truly, all of it. Every single thing I love about this genre is
Jessica ☕

Just as awesome, if not more so, than you should have come to expect from Patricia Briggs.

A few quick bullet points of why I liked it:

- The action starts with inexplicable zombie miniature goats, before shifting into a complex story of intrigue, human corruptibility, and betrayal.
- There were times that the tone just felt creepy. (Yes, I'm counting that as a good thing.)
- Mercy, who is a coyote shapeshifter with other bizarre magical powers, reacts the way any rational person would when faced w
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*A Whole Lot Of Skimming*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Sometimes I wonder what the hell is wrong with Mercy. She doesn't deserve Stefan. He's done nothing but helped her, and yet she doesn't even want to talk to him. She actually lost my respect when it comes to Stefan. That being said... Adam's supposed to be powerful, yet he gets kidnapped (previous books) and has had his will taken from him. That kinda takes away the feeling of him being powerful and I don't like that.

Wolfe intrigues me, but I'm annoyed th
Lauren (The Novel Lush)
ANOTHER BOMB ASS MERCY INSTALLMENT! I am NEVER disappointed in this series and it just gets better and better! Review to come closer to release date!!!
Melliane
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I love the Mercy Thompson series, so I was really looking forward to getting my hands on this new novel. I didn’t remember very well the last events of the previous volume, but it was with great pleasure to find all the characters.

If I had a little trouble at the beginning of the novel getting into the story that I found a little confusing, I finally managed to get into it and I was really curious to find out what was going on.

Mercy is facing the consequences
Lindsay
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Mercy is back in her home territory and facing the day-to-day reality of declaring the Tri-Cities area under the pack's protection. That apparently includes dealing with a flock of zombie miniature goats and the Goblin King. It also means conflict with a powerful group of witches that have come to the area for their own reasons.

This one's firmly rooted in the events from previous books while setting up for future action. There have been many books in this series dealing with the fae and vampires
♥Rachel♥
It seems witches are the issue in Storm Cursed, the newest Mercy Thompson installment. Same with the latest Alpha & Omega (a companion series), Burn Bright. And I think they’re going to be important in the books to come. While it’s not necessary to read Burn Bright before Storm Cursed there are a few connecting dots between the two books. I don’t want to detail the plot because I think it’s best going in not knowing much, but as soon as I started reading I didn’t want to stop! I will say She ...more
KatieV
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very strong entry that brings in many overarching plot threads. It’s not something I want to spoil, so I won’t say much. Patricia Briggs writes seriously creepy witches. *shudders* As with any witch heavy entry, be prepared for some rough scenes. IMHO her witches are scarier than any of the Fae or vampires.
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
[2.5/5 stars] Storm Cursed had a lot of the elements I’ve come to love from the Mercy Thompson series. Pack dynamics (I love it when they don’t get along lol), fun mysteries (in this case involving miniature goat zombies), and a world filled with so many interesting characters it’s hard to find page-time for them all.

Alas, despite having all the same ingredients, Storm Cursed was my least favorite since Frost Burned. I have some thoughts as to why:

The main character, Mercy is where I see my most
☕️Kimberly
Caffeinated Reasons You’ll Devour Storm Cursed

-Briggs stepped up her game and brought an action-packed tale as witches descend on the Tri-Cities. Before all is said and done Mercy will discover another of her abilities.

-The pack is tasked with security during the human and fae negotiations. Mercy is to act as liaison, but first she needs to deal with some odd zombies and deadly witches.

-Action-packed and plot-driven, Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs grabbed me and never let go.

-I love that we are
Beth
I can never get enough of Mercy Thompson stories! I flat out loved it.

Mercy Thompson is back home and now dealing with the repercussions for claiming the safety of the Tri-Cities by stating it was under the protection of the Columbia Basin Wolf Pack, Adam’s Pack. Now here claims are about to be challenged and with Bran’s excommunication it leaves them on their own.

Mercy and a few pack members are called in to take care of a Gremlin causing trouble. They call in for Larry the Goblin King to ass
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 3 3 Aug 26, 2019 01:21PM
Shut Up & Read: Storm Cursed by Patrica Briggs 69 20 Jul 19, 2019 05:48AM
Vampires, Weres a...: New Release: Storm Cursed 52 41 Jun 11, 2019 06:56PM
Girls, Guns and G...: Storm Cursed - May NR BotM 35 41 Jun 10, 2019 03:54PM

• Untitled (The Iron Covenant, #2)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Unholy Luck (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • The Unkindest Tide (October Daye, #13)
  • Rise of the Demon  (Kara Gillian, #9)
  • Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer, #9)
  • Edge of Darkness (Rhiannon's Law, #4)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • The Beyond (Devil's Isle, #4)
  • The Blacksmith (Iron Seas #5)
  • Kingdom of Shadow and Light (Fever, #11)
  • Shadow's Kiss (Immortals After Dark, #20)
  • Red Hot Rain (Weather Warden, #10)

Patricia Briggs was born in Butte, Montana, to a children’s librarian who passed on to her kids a love of reading and books. Patricia grew up reading fairy tales and books about horses, and later developed an interest in folklore and history. When she decided to write a book of her own, a fantasy book seemed a n

Mercy Thompson (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1)
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)
  • River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
  • Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9)
  • Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10)
“My old pastor liked to say that church is a hospital for the sick, not a mausoleum for the saints.” 7 likes
“He smiled, a wide, joyful expression—and oddly the fangs didn’t rob the smile of its charm. “I am at peace, Mercy,” he told me. He closed his eyes and quit moving his body. “Just like you told me. I will never be okay again.” He didn’t sound unhappy about it.” 4 likes