Start by marking “Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)” as Want to Read:
Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)

Storm Cursed

(Mercy Thompson #11)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  24,019 ratings  ·  2,320 reviews
In this powerful entry in the #1 New York Times bestselling series, Mercy Thompson must face a deadly enemy to defend all she loves...

My name is Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman, and I am a car mechanic.

And a coyote shapeshifter.

And the mate of the Alpha of the Columbia Basin werewolf pack.

Even so, none of that would have gotten me into trouble if, a few months ago, I
Published May 7th 2019 by Ace Books

To ask other readers questions about Storm Cursed, please sign up.
Eerie definitively not! It would had nothing to the storie and It's not a obligation for every female character to have a baby!!!!!
Emily E #10 is due March 2017. Then an Alpha and Omega book in 2018. So #11 is probably not until 2019.…more#10 is due March 2017. Then an Alpha and Omega book in 2018. So #11 is probably not until 2019. (less)

·  24,019 ratings  ·  2,320 reviews

Start your review of Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
UPDATE: $1.99 Kindle US today 10/21/20

I loved the book but one little thing made me want to kill some peeps! And there are miniature zombie goats 😃. Well, there are a lot of things in the book but still, miniature zombie goats 😃

And Stefan and Zee; just the gang 😊💕

I'm obsessed with this cover!!

Happy Reading Mercy Fans!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
4.5 stars for this Mercy Thompson fantasy, brimming with black magic. Review first posted on Fantasy Literature:

Storm Cursed, the eleventh book in Patricia Briggs MERCY THOMPSON urban fantasy series, kicks the series up a notch with some clashes with black magic witches, and no one is safe. Mercy, a coyote skinwalker and the shapechanger daughter of the god Coyote, is back in the Tri-Cities area of Washington state after her hair-raising adventures in Europe in Silence Fallen.

Storm Cursed begins
Anne
Witches + Zombies + Mercy!
Should have been a slam dunk.

But it wasn't.
For the vast majority of this book, I just kept reading out of love for all the other books. It wasn't awful, but the story just seemed to meander around without getting to the meaty stuff very quickly, and I found myself (shockingly) bored while reading about Mercy for the first time in ever.
I'm seeing nothing but 5 star reviews out there, but this was, unfortunately, my least favorite installment.

Ok. The swearing thing.

Paula
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Werewolf fans
The Mercy Thompson series is my guilty pleasure...

Since book #1 my son and I have been reading this series. We love werewolves, vampires, wolves, and direwolves (missing Games of Thrones!). I typically read serious books, and love digging into a fantasy novel on occasion. Mercy Thompson is such a driving force in her series. A tough woman. One that you dont want to mess with. She is also married to the alpha male of her pack. SO MUCH FUN...

I usually rate these books with 5 stars, but dropped it
Ina
"A lot of what I know about the witches comes from Wikipedia; it told me that coven had thirteen witches."
"I get the best spells from Wiki," Wulfe said. "Have you read what it says about werewolves? I keep editing the article, but someone - and I think it's Bran Cornick - keeps changing it back."

This made me laugh so hard, because I can totally imagine Wulfe and Bran sitting behind their computers and editing the Wiki article on werewolves back and forth for it to fit each of their agendas.
I
Aisling Zena

18/7/2020

Finally read this one.. For me it wasn't on par with the previous ones. I don't know why it didn't click for me.. Too formulaic? Predictable?Kinda disappointing? Book slump? Covid stress getting on my nerves and making it hard to enjoy stuff? Take your pick. The writing was good as always.

April 2015

But..

Jilly
Read this when you won't be interrupted because it is not put-downable.
I do need to give a warning though: there is animal torture in this book. It was darker than most of the series, and I felt a little sickened by the torture stuff.
Who the fuck could torture a kitten?

I can't little kitty! I can't!
I need to pet it and love it forever..And, I'm a dog person!

To me, this felt like the darkest book in the series so far. I didn't mind the vampire stuff that was brutal like I did this black-magic
Obsidian
May 10, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So. I initially was just going to give this three stars and move along. However, after thinking it through this morning, this book honestly doesn't deserve 3 stars (okay). This book's pacing was off, there was about zero character development, too much repetition, and I think at one point I even said to myself that this book was just filler. It's a book to bridge to the next Alpha/Omega book or the next Mercy Thompson. The book synopsis on this one sounded so bad ass and it had me convinced to ...more
Emma
This is one of those instalments that manages to showcase the best and the worst of a series. The problem is the good bits only just managed to outweigh the bad, making it a rather worrying moment. Anyone who reads this type of fantasy knows that there comes point when it becomes necessary to let it go, and there were times in this that felt close.

****SPOILERS BELOW****

The book is done with the lightest touch, lots of marginally linked scenes, hardly any real development, and weird plot or
Steven
Thanks to Ace/DAW for providing me with an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review!

First, let me get this out of the way: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGWOW. Okay. Phew, that's all said and done.

Patty, you've outdone yourself. What a rollercoaster! Bringing back the vampires, throwing in a bunch of dark witches, tying a bunch of storylines together and revealing that you've got a much more devious master-plan kind of mind than we've realized before... game officially upped!

This one starts with all of the
Celeste
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You can find this review and more at Novel Notions.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher (Ace) in exchange for an honest review. While Im incredibly thankful, all opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

Actual rating: 4.5 stars, rounded up.

I was ecstatic to receive a copy of this book. First of all, Briggss Mercy Thompson series served as my gateway into truly appreciating urban fantasy. I had previous exposure to the genre, having binge read many of the Anita Blake
Holly

When even a brand new and much anticipated installment in a beloved series comes out and it doesn't end up exciting you - you start to worry if you'll ever love reading again!

I love this series. I do. Not so much the spin-off series, but this series I love. But this book? I don't know. I liked it. I will say I liked it. But I didn't love it as much as I was hoping/expecting. Is that a result of my current book-reading-funk coloring my opinion or is it a result of this book objectively
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

"One by one
Two by two,
The Hardesty witches
are traveling through."

I don't know how Briggs nails it every time but she does. Mercy Thompson is a series I've been reading almost since it started, and though time goes by and my reading tastes change, this series holds its own and remains a constant source of joy for me.

In the previous book Mercy made the tri-cities area a safe haven for citizens in her territory. Now with that proclamation, she needs to uphold it. When a new coven
Amy Imogene Reads
5 stars!

Well. I need a minute. Or several. Wow. The #11 in a series and it definitely proves that there is more to explore - and completely wreck - in this world. This was intense.

Character Development: ★★★★
Pacing: ★★★★★
Surprise Factor: ★★★★★
Will to continue with the series: ★★★★★

By the time you get get to the 11th book in a series, it sometimes falls into the trap of recycling plot and stagnating character development. Storm Cursed is a shining exemption from that tired ruleit glitters with
Corina
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always this series left me easily spellbound.

The books 384 pages flew by like nothing. With the authors customary skill of weaving captivating stories, Storm Cursed was a thrilling ride from beginning to end.

While reading Storm Cursed, I was again reminded of how much I enjoy the authors use of old and beloved characters instead of introducing a slew of new ones. Last books stint in Europe didnt give me enough pack interaction, Im happy to say Storm Cursed delivered in spades.

Mercy tumbled
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I loved this book! I have to admit that I am a huge fan of all the books set in Mercy Thompson's world. Every time I get my hands on a new Mercy Thompson book, I feel like I have been given the most wonderful gift. These stories really are gifts and I cherish each one. As you may have guessed, I went into this book with really high expectations. This book was even better than I could have hoped. This book allowed me to escape my life
Ginger
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book, 2019
Full review up!
Ive missed reading urban fantasy!! Its been awhile since Ive cracked open a book about werewolves, vampires and all the things that go bump in the night.

Storm Cursed is the 11th book in the Mercy Thompson series. This is not a standalone book. If this book and series sounds good to you, I would suggest starting at the beginning with Moon Called.
There are tons of returning characters and plots from past books, especially from book #10, Silence Fallen. I think youll be lost in Storm
Kat
Goblins. Pirate swords. Zombie goats. Hunting trips in the middle of the night. Strange magic that smells of dark witches. Alas, Mercys job is never done. I loved the return of some of our favorite characters in this Mary Jo, Ben, Tad and Zee with such awesome roles to play (theyre some of my favorites!) Sherwood! And Wulfe! Gosh there were some great scenes with Wulfe!

(view spoiler)
Mogsy (MMOGC)
3.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2019/04/30/...

At eleven books, the Mercy Thompson series has become a veritable saga at this point. Pack drama and supernatural politics, this ones got it all! And believe it or not, many of these story threads are still developing and building upon everything that has come before.

This is the case in Storm Cursed, which takes us back to the Tri-Cities area after our eventful detour through Europe in Silence Fallenwhich also means we
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
The Mercy Thompson series is not only one of the most fun series in its genre but also one of the most kick butt with lovable characters that are memorable. It is also why this series has, from the very first book, been in my top ten favorites in UF and will remain there.

It is so much fun, so addicting, and so freaking entertaining. It truly has a little bit of it all. Humor, action, magic, beasties, a family bond, danger, baddies...truly, all of it. Every single thing I love about this genre is
♥Rachel♥
Re-read by audio October 25th 2020
As usual I glean more details that I somehow missed the first time around. Listened to the entire book in one day. Long road trip and then couldn't stop listening when we got home.

Original review:

It seems witches are the issue in Storm Cursed, the newest Mercy Thompson installment. Same with the latest Alpha & Omega (a companion series), Burn Bright. And I think theyre going to be important in the books to come. While its not necessary to read Burn Bright
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
[2.5/5 stars] Storm Cursed had a lot of the elements Ive come to love from the Mercy Thompson series. Pack dynamics (I love it when they dont get along lol), fun mysteries (in this case involving miniature goat zombies), and a world filled with so many interesting characters its hard to find page-time for them all.

Alas, despite having all the same ingredients, Storm Cursed was my least favorite since Frost Burned. I have some thoughts as to why:

The main character, Mercy is where I see my most
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*A Whole Lot Of Skimming*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Sometimes I wonder what the hell is wrong with Mercy. She doesn't deserve Stefan. He's done nothing but helped her, and yet she doesn't even want to talk to him. She actually lost my respect when it comes to Stefan. That being said... Adam's supposed to be powerful, yet he gets kidnapped (previous books) and has had his will taken from him. That kinda takes away the feeling of him being powerful and I don't like that.

Wolfe intrigues me, but I'm annoyed
Jessica Rodrigues

Just as awesome, if not more so, than you should have come to expect from Patricia Briggs.

A few quick bullet points of why I liked it:

- The action starts with inexplicable zombie miniature goats, before shifting into a complex story of intrigue, human corruptibility, and betrayal.
- There were times that the tone just felt creepy. (Yes, I'm counting that as a good thing.)
- Mercy, who is a coyote shapeshifter with other bizarre magical powers, reacts the way any rational person would when faced
Cathy
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019, read-2020
Do you need help? he asked.
Always. I sighed. But it is too late for me. You just stood there watching when I went out on that bridge and started blabbing about the Tri-Cities being our territory to guard, when any idiot could have seen that I needed you to shove a gag in my mouth.

Mercy is busy protecting the territory! Thats what happens, when you kill trolls and make bold statements about protecting what is yours! Goblins, zombies, witches and black magic...

One of my favourite things about
PamG
STORM CURSED by Patricia Briggs is the eleventh book in the Mercy Thompson urban fantasy series. This is one of my favorite series and this novel did not let me down. Mercedes Thompson Hauptman is a car mechanic, a coyote shapeshifter and the mater of the Alpha of the Columbia Basin werewolf pack. In this novel their area of Washington is viewed as neutral ground for talks between the U.S. Government and the fae. However, there are those that want to disrupt the process.

Mercy is a strong
Melliane
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I love the Mercy Thompson series, so I was really looking forward to getting my hands on this new novel. I didnt remember very well the last events of the previous volume, but it was with great pleasure to find all the characters.

If I had a little trouble at the beginning of the novel getting into the story that I found a little confusing, I finally managed to get into it and I was really curious to find out what was going on.

Mercy is facing the consequences
Robin (Bridge Four)
Mercy and Company and in the middle of all the politics between the Humans and the Fae at the same time a coven of witches has decided that the Tri Cities is ripe for a take over and will use the distraction in order to infiltrate and try to take over Elizavetas territory.
That which doesnt destroy us . . .
Leaves us scratching our heads and saying, Whats next?

There are a lot of moving pieces in this one. Normally there is one bad guy and plot line and all in all it is relatively easy to
Lauren (The Novel Lush)
ANOTHER BOMB ASS MERCY INSTALLMENT! I am NEVER disappointed in this series and it just gets better and better! Review to come closer to release date!!!
Shut Up & Read: Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs 22 6 Dec 02, 2020 06:23AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add ISBN 2 6 Dec 01, 2020 12:48PM
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 6 53 Jul 05, 2020 05:03PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please update page count 2 8 Mar 20, 2020 11:18AM
Shut Up & Read: Storm Cursed by Patrica Briggs 69 33 Jul 19, 2019 05:48AM
Vampires, Weres a...: New Release: Storm Cursed 52 47 Jun 11, 2019 06:56PM

• Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Circle of the Moon (Soulwood, #4)
  • Spells for the Dead (Soulwood #5)
  • The Unkindest Tide (October Daye, #13)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • American Demon (The Hollows, #14)
  • Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy, #3.5)
  • Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)
  • Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)

Patricia Briggs was born in Butte, Montana, to a childrens librarian who passed on to her kids a love of reading and books. Patricia grew up reading fairy tales and books about horses, and later developed an interest in folklore and history. When she decided to write a book of her own, a fantasy book seemed a

Mercy Thompson (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1)
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)
  • River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
  • Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9)
  • Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10)

Articles featuring this book

A mercenary seeks a missing child, a dead man’s brain is reactivated, a woman travels to the Mayan underworld, a disease drives its...
“My old pastor liked to say that church is a hospital for the sick, not a mausoleum for the saints.” 8 likes
“He smiled, a wide, joyful expression—and oddly the fangs didn’t rob the smile of its charm. “I am at peace, Mercy,” he told me. He closed his eyes and quit moving his body. “Just like you told me. I will never be okay again.” He didn’t sound unhappy about it.” 6 likes