Start by marking “Love in Pictures” as Want to Read:
Love in Pictures

Love in Pictures

Wedding photographer Michelle Hadley has a passion for diversity and believes that love comes in all colors. So, she’s working hard to convince editors to feature her clients’ images on the covers of the mainstream bridal and wedding magazines.

Despite having a career that focuses on celebrating forever love, Michelle has never actually been in a romantic relationship, an
Kindle Edition
Published June 12th 2018 by Forget Me Not Romances, an imprint of Winged Publications

To ask other readers questions about Love in Pictures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in Pictures

Start your review of Love in Pictures
MJSH
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first Alexis Goring book I have read and I am sure I’ll be reading more from this author soon. Set in current day Maryland, this book is a sweet contemporary inspirational romance but addresses so much more than just boy-meets-girl and happily-ever-after. The author addresses the impact of stuttering on a child’s social and emotional growth and people out there who can help, bullying and how to combat it, difficulties in inter-racial relationships, and blind hatred and racism that ne ...more
Julia
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love In Pictures by Alexis Goring is a delightful contemporary Christian romance. Alexis Goring always writes fiction that warms the heart whilst addressing relevant issues in today's world.
There is the theme of prejudice. "Everyone deserves to be judged by the content of their character and not their skin colour." Bad experiences in the past have broken through to affect attitudes. Stereotyping compounds the prejudiced outlook.
Character links to this. It is the state of a person's heart that is
Rosalyn
May 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet contemporary romance!
I think this is the first book I've read by Alexis Goring, but it won't be my last!
She has a lovely way of writing romance. Sweet, swoony, and much more.
This book also deals with issues that one might face in an interracial relationship.
It helped me see things in a new light, and I loved having my eyes opened as I read this story.
Michelle and Logan have a sweet relationship. They have to work through some difficulties, but all in all, their story was very s
Victoria Bylin
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Real people. Real problems. My kind of book! I thoroughly enjoyed this gentle love story from start to finish. The romance is tender; the characters are both flawed and lovable; and the story is told with a genuine awareness of what Logan and Michelle face as a mixed race couple. There's a genuine kindness in both of them, and that kindness shines in every part of the story.

Recommended for readers of contemporary romance, especially those readers who enjoy stories with unique settings (we're ta
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
Alexis Goring writes such beautiful love stories that show what truly matters in a relationship - what's on the inside. She finds a way to share the struggles of diverse relationships in a realistic, yet non-offending way. To add to that, she gives the hero a stuttering problem, which if we're going to be honest, I found totally charming. Each main character had their own insecurities, but they find a way to conquer them together. When a sibling has an issue with an interracial relationship, Log ...more
Erin
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: celebrate-lit
My Thoughts on Love in Pictures:
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. When I first read the description I thought it was going to be a cutesy romance book. But there are actually a lot of hard topics covered in this book. While it has those hard topics, it hasn’t become a heavy book and still manages to be light-hearted and have a good romance within it.

Some of the topics within this book are how stuttering as a child affects both the child and the adult, bullying (and how to combat it), bli
Emily Yager
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet contemporary romance. Two broken hearts get another shot at finding love and healing.

The story itself is well written and interesting in a feel good hallmark-ish sort of way. The characters were flawed. Overcoming prejudices is one of the themes among other deep topics that run through this plot. At times the characters felt stilted and felt a bit flat.

I did enjoy this story. If you enjoy sweet romances then here’s a read for you.
Kari Trumbo
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alexis Goring has penned a "little romance" that deals with some pretty deep issues; racism, loss, cheating, misconception, and even stuttering. I was impressed by how she was able to weave all of these ends into a story that flows well and hits right to the heart. Nicely done. ...more
Abby Breuklander
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love love and love this story! True love has no boundaries. There is no barrier that cannot be overcome, no wound that cannot be healed. In a broken world that constantly tries to divide it stands strong. If it is meant to be there is nothing can can prevent it from happening.
Allison Garcia
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first novel I have read by Alexis Goring, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I enjoyed the diverse cast of characters and how Ms. Goring didn't shy away from tackling important race issues. It took me a little to get into the flow but after the first 20 pages or so, I really got into the story and was sad to see it end. I look forward to reading the next book in the series! ...more
Voni Harris
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Best Alexis Goring book yet.

Goring’s novels feature young and upcoming career couples struggling to put together their careers, their finances, their romance, their relationships, and their faith. (Boy, that sure is how it is for young adults, and I think today’s culture in the US makes it harder.) In Love In Pictures, it is the same for Michelle Hadley, a wedding photographer building her own business focused on diversity and interracial relationships, and Logan Emerson, a potential news anchor
Donna C
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
What I think you should know:
Love In Pictures in a Contemporary Romance by Alexis G. Goring. I would classify it as Christian fiction. Alexis and Logan hit it off right away and quickly fall in love, but many obstacles stand in the way of their relationship including lack of communication.

What you might need to know:
Suicide of a preteen who was bullied due to his stuttering is What I think you should know:
Barbara
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
On a scale of cotton candy to Brussels sprouts, Love in Pictures by Alexis A. Goring is salted licorice. This strong flavor is not for the faint of heart, but to those who love it, every bite is addictive and delicious.

[copy received. opinions my own]

Michelle, a wedding photographer, is set on growing her business and not interested in love until she meets Logan, a successful man in his own right. Before the couple can date, they have a few things to work out--both separately and together. Thro
Stephanie Norton
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am a huge fan of romance and the cover of this book drew me into wanting to read it even more. This is my first book by Alexis A. Goring. We are taken into the lives of Michelle and Logan. Michelle Hadley a beautiful photographer who dreams of having a beautiful wedding of her own when a handsome man named Logan Emerson runs into her. The story is about their developing relationship with each other.

We see their family tension, prejudices of race and how they dealt with it. There are many sens
Pat
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review of love in Pictures
A sweet romance with a deeper message

Michelle Hadley preserves the dreams of many couples with her skill when she captures their special day in pictures. She begins to doubt whether she will ever experience her own wedding day. When love does come her way in the form of handsome and charming Logan Emerson, it carries a unique set of problems.

Love in Pictures by Alexis Goring delves into the obstacles and prejudices society places on many couples today. Although the stor
Deana Dick
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Michelle seems to be content with her job as a photographer and keeps herself pretty busy. I think it would be a lot of fun to be a wedding photographer. You get to share in the happiness with the couple and see beautiful dresses and destinations. I really liked Michelle and how easy going she is. I don’t think there is anything in her heart but love for God and compassion for others.
Logan is a little bit unsure of himself and at times a childhood problem of stuttering shows up at the most unple
Patti Pierce
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love in Pictures is a wonderful Christian novel that captures all the essences of being a Christian. From consistently mentioning prayers to focusing on their faith, Michelle and Logan truly display what Christian love should look like, especially for a bi-racial couple.

Michelle owns her own photography studio and photographs weddings. While Logan has excelled at writing, but he wants to do more by becoming an on-air journalist. Having struggled with stuttering his own life, he finally meets som
Robin E. Mason
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
As a creative person, if not a photographer, I appreciate Michelle’s eye for beauty and her exacting selection process—the mark of a true professional.
Logan hides his heart and guards his secret with steel determination.
Ms. Goring has brought a mélange of elements together in a charming story—attraction that won’t let go, family tension and interference, a past that resurfaces, a promising future that beckons.
I found it hard to keep up with the time frame; several times I was lost or confused by
Tabitha Bouldin
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
As someone who loves a good picture and is fascinated with the world of photography, I greatly enjoyed this trip into Michelle’s life. Her tug-of-war relationship with Logan resonated with a blend of the hopeless romantic and a dose of fear.

Diversity in romance is something that Alexis Goring does incredibly well. She brings you into the characters’ lives and leaves you as a better person for having experienced life through the pages of her book.

Michelle and Logan both had their flaws, and readi
Debbie
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing

"Love in Pictures" by Alexis A. Goring is a wonderful story about two people who are from different races but are in love.

This is a story that clearly shows that skin color isn't what matters.

Reading this story makes me what to renew my marriage vows and have Michelle Hadley take pictures, too bad, she is a fictional character because our 50th anniversary is in 8 years!

This is a short story that leaves the reader believing in the power of love. I like the fact that the characters are all Christi
Kendra Neal
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Never judge a book by its cover". Well, I kind of did, but only because I really like the cover of this book. The Beauty of the cover really got me excited to read the book.

I dove right into reading as soon as I received the book. The main Characters, Michelle and Logan, really bring the book to life. Michelle is a Wedding Photographer who dreams of her own wedding one day. She meets Logan and their relationship develops and grows wonderfully and they are heading down the aisle. Their relation
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Mar 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Captivating and interesting story. A one sitting reading with twists and turns to keep you intrigued. Love in Pictures was an amazing story of Michelle and Logan finding love despite the odds against them. Their heart warming tale wove around two continents and two hearts.
The faith content of prayers was beautifully illustrated.

This book can be read by teenagers and young adults.

I received a copy of this book and this is my honest opinion.
Ochegba
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great read including diverse topics and dealing with sensitive issues.
Learning to deal with prejudices and accepting people as they are not the colour of their skin. A great love story
I loved the romance and how the couple dealt with the issues and challenges they faced as a diverse couple. The faith elements too were a delight.

I received a complimentary copy of this book via Celebrate Lit for a blog tour. All opinions expressed are solely mine
Cindy Anderson
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by Alexis A. Goring. I'm a new fan. Just a lovely story. A story about people with dealing with stuff our country faces every day. I read this book in one afternoon. It held my attention. I was rooting for Michelle and Logan. I will definitely be reading more of Ms. Goring's books. Blessings. ...more
Nina
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wonderful story of diversity, personal challenges and victories. Misunderstandings and love find a way to co-exist. Stops and starts in the relationship keeps the scenario changing and challenging.
I enjoyed this book and recommend it.
Erin Unger
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Learning to love.

This is a great romance that shows how important it is to love people as people and not to look on the outward appearance. I'll definitely be reading more of Alexis Goring's work after the fantastic job she did on this novel.
Raelee Carpenter
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another gem from a lovely author. In addition to a sweet romance, Love in Pictures bravely tackles some tough issues as Michelle and Logan find their way to Happily Ever After.
Jessica Brodie
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book! Lovely, inspiring, romantic, sweet, and filled with diverse and authentic characters I could relate to. Love this!
Vicki Vaught
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I greatly enjoyed this book! Not only did it contain a sweet love story, but it did so in a way that was realistic and made the characters relatable. Real life has struggles, and these characters did as well. I loved how forgiveness and acceptance played such a strong theme throughout the book.
Alexis
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

• The House at the End of the Moor
  • Dark Water (Lantern Beach Blackout #1)
  • Made in Hollywood (A Red Carpet Romance #2)
  • Driftwood Dreams (Carolina Coast #2)
  • Anchored by Death (Jo Oliver #3)
  • The Story Hunter (The Weaver Trilogy, #3)
  • If for Any Reason (Nantucket Love Story #1)
  • Light of Mine (Towers of Light #1)
  • Killer Harvest
  • God's Words to Dream On: Bedtime Bible Stories and Prayers
  • Refresh Your Faith: Uncommon Devotions from Every Book of the Bible
  • One Hundred Valleys
  • Vestige of Legacy (Vestige of Time #2)
  • Hope Lies Ahead: Encouragement for Parents of Prodigals from a Family That's Been There
  • Mortal Sight (The Colliding Line, #1)
  • Marriage Matters: True stories of encouragement from couples who believe in the sanctity of marriage
  • Starfish Pier (Hope Harbor #6)
  • Shattered by Death (A Jo Oliver Thriller, #2)
Alexis A. Goring is a passionate writer with a degree in Print Journalism and an MFA in Creative Writing. She loves the art of storytelling and hopes that her stories will connect readers with the enduring, forever love of Jesus Christ.