Start by marking “The Villain Who Saved Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Villain Who Saved Christmas

The Villain Who Saved Christmas

A superhero Christmas short story.

This may be Becca's last Christmas, and all she wants is a white Christmas. But with no snow in the forecast, her brother and sister know that might not happen... until they get the idea to track down supervillain Hypothermia for help. With his ice powers, he could create a white Christmas for their sister. There’s only one problem—they ha
15 pages
Published December 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Villain Who Saved Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Villain Who Saved Christmas

Start your review of The Villain Who Saved Christmas
Jes Drew
This was a sweet (and slightly sad) short story about a family willing to do whatever it took to give a sick little girl a white Christmas. I always love stories that show a glimpse of light even in a villain, especially as the die-hard superhero fan I am. It's a quick read that makes one think of a half hour Christmas special.

I received a copy of this book from the author, but the views and opinions are my own.
C.B. Cook
Sep 06, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I just finished my (possibly) final round of edits! I'm looking for more reviewers! If you'd be interested in reviewing this book on or near the release date (December 24th), I'd love your help! You can sign up to review or participate in the release through this form. I need as much help and as many reviewers as I can get! :D ...more
Deborah O'Carroll
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aww! That was so much fun! ^_^ The Villain Who Saved Christmas is an utterly charming Christmas short story featuring superheroes. IT’S AWESOME AND PRECIOUS AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH. <3 *hugs story forever*

Two children hoping for a white Christmas for their little sister who thinks it will be her last Christmas decide to track down a supervillain with ice powers to see if he can help.

I loved the Christmas setting and the superhero, Reflex, and supervillain, Hypothermia—and how they have their own h
Liz F.
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a sweet story! Not exactly what I expected, but I ended up enjoying it very much. ;)
This author is probably my favorite in the superhero genre. Her stories are always the greatest and this one was no different! :D

I recommend for all ages and people who love to read a good Christmas or superhero story! :D
5 stars.

I received a free copy in exchange for a honest review. A positive review was not required.
R.A.
I actually really enjoyed this short story!! I've never read anything about superheroes so it was all new to me, but I did really like it!

The characters were great and I really liked Hyperthermia (aka, Scott)!

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.
Merie Shen
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such an adorably sweet Christmas story! A little girl with cancer wishes for a white Christmas, and she's convinced only a supervillain with icy powers can make it happen. So her sister and brother set off to find Hypothermia, in hopes of letting it snow one last time for little Becca.

Scott (Hypothermia) is a perfect example of the classic villain-turned-hero-on-Christmas-Eve. I liked him. He was fun.
And Becca's siblings were sweet too-- to go off and ask a villain to make it snow for
Lilian
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ownedebooks, reviews
This short story was so sweet! I love simple and sweet stories like this- I enjoyed reading about Kristen and Daniel so much, and little Becca really tore at my heart. I felt like Poppy being a reporter was a bit unexpected, but definitely an interesting twist!

I would certainly recommend this short story to anyone who's interested in superpower stories.
anika
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it

This was a sweet little story!! And kinda sad, too. I took off a star and a half just cause there were some times where the dialogue was cheesy, and it was very unrealistic. But overall it was sweet and I enjoyed it!
Chloe (aka Crystal)
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Update: rtc

is this idia cause i need some blaze stuff xD
Alyssa
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: got-for-a-review
I know, I know. Christmas has already passed (or we still have a whole year yet - you choose), but I'm reviewing an Xmas novella! Been sick kinda pushes everything off, so, sorry. He's a bit more Christmas.

this novella is, like, fifteen pages and is thus super short. But it was still good! I didn't feel rushed at all (though it still felt short), and we got the tinniest smidge of baaaaackstory for our villain!

Becca, Kristen and Daniel's sister, is dying. She wants a white Christmas. Kristen and
Ellen Hamilton
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this beautiful, short story. It was well-written, was free of typos and silly grammatical errors, and heart-touching. The superpeople had interesting names, and I liked that they both did what was right. It is a perfect story to read for Christmas, and I'm sure kids will love it. By the way, I adore the cover.

Thank you to the author for sending me a copy to read and review. 💕
SHINE
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'M DYING TO READ IT NOW! (July 9th 2018)

This story is a complete opposite of "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and "The Christmas Carol (Scrooge). It's easy to read and it's very enjoyable. (December 30th 2018)
Jemma
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet short story with some new superheroes :)
Karis
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awww... Rtc ...more
Esther
Superheroes and Christmas, does it get any better!? The Villain Who Saved Christmas was a sad yet sweet short story. Although it wasn't IDIA related, the characters were still special. I'd be quite happy to read more about them in the future. ;)

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Joseph Leskey
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anybody
This story is very short, but that doesn't stop the elements of its composition from being pretty flawless. It boasts a good (though naturally not labyrinthine) plot, talented writing, well-developed and enjoyable characters, and a fine overall quality and depth. Furthermore, it's just kind of nice, if you know what I mean.

I really can't say much more without the aid of good ol' irrelevancy, so, instead of spouting intellectual nonsense involving topical comparisons with hypothetical sea monkeys
Nadine Keels
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
This coming Christmas may be the last one for young Becca. She wants a white Christmas, but there's no snow in the forecast. So Becca's brother and sister decide to track down a supervillain, Hypothermia, to enlist his help in The Villain Who Saved Christmas by author C.B. Cook.

First cool thing I noticed when I started reading? The disclaimer on the copyright page. "Unfortunately, this is a work of fiction... All superpowers are fictitious. If you or someone you know has superpowers, please cont
Deborah
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hmm... pondering what I just read. That was such a neat story. I’m not a big fan of short stories just because they don’t have enough time to grow in the plot and have enough of a back story. They’re really shallow. That being said, C.B. Cook did an excellent job with staying to the plot and keeping the story short and sweet. I had nothing wrong with the story besides the fact that it was just too short.

I loved the characters and the hint of unselfishness I saw in them. They were very thoughtfu
Merenwen Inglorion
A wonderfully paced short story, just the thing to read when you’re in the mood for something short and sweet but not Hallmark sweet.

Even though the plot was fairly serious (a girl with cancer wishes for a white Christmas, and so her siblings actively seek out a supervillain with ice powers), I was chuckling most of the time. The children’s determination, the supervillain’s humanity, and the general coolness (I’M SORRY OKAY EVERYONE ELSE SEEMS TO BE MAKING PUNS I DIDN’T WANT TO BE LEFT OUT. :P)
Faith
Nicki Chapelway
Dec 21, 2018

• Kind: a Christmas short story of post-WWII Munich
  • The Least of These
  • Red Rover, Red Rover (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #1)
  • Once Upon a Short Story: Volume One: Six Short Retellings of Favorite Fairy Tales (Once Upon a Short Story Boxsets Book 1)
  • 'Twas an Evening in Bethlehem
  • The Bruised Princess (Once Upon a Short Story, #3)
  • Trouble By Any Name: A Western Novella (Jacob Payne, Bounty Hunter Book 1)
  • Heirs of the Motherland (The Russians, #4)
  • Love Blind
  • A Plan for Everything
  • Danger in the Canyon: A Western Novella (Jacob Payne, Bounty Hunter Book 2)
  • Homeward
  • Mirrors and Pearls: A Retelling of Snow White
  • Hadassah: One Night with the King
  • Somebody Give This Heart a Pen
  • Breakout (Gretel Koch, Jewel Thief #0.5)
  • The Dawning of Deliverance (The Russians, #5)
  • These Three Things
C.B. Cook is just a girl trying to find out where her King is guiding her, while writing the stories of the people she creates, the worlds she wants to live in, and the adventures she dreams about. Also known as a mysterious creature called an "author". She's a Christian, a college student, and a home school graduate dedicated to changing others' lives through the power of the written word.

News & Interviews