Start by marking “Born of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Born of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #1)

Born of Darkness

(Hunter Legacy #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  1,209 Ratings  ·  204 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Lara Adrian introduces the first novel in the Hunter Legacy series, thrilling new vampire romances set in the darkly seductive Midnight Breed paranormal story world.

As a former assassin in the Hunter program, Asher is one of a small group of Gen One Breed vampires who survived the horrors of a madman’s laboratory and the cruelty of the tra
Audible Audio
Published June 12th 2018 by Tantor Audio (first published March 27th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Born of Darkness, please sign up.
Lori Howe From the April newsletter: "... I can't wait to bring you more of the former Hunters' stories later this year with both the October release of…moreFrom the April newsletter: "... I can't wait to bring you more of the former Hunters' stories later this year with both the October release of Midnight Unleashed (Trygg's story) and the winter launch of the Hunter Legacy series with Born of Darkness."(less)
Miladylc looks like we will have to wait a bit longer for this Book
from the newsletter update I just got : (
end of September somewhere

Sophia Triad
Asher and Naomi

A spinoff series from the Midnight Breed! And obviously it is a great start.

Hunters are the Gen One Breed warriors who were constructed to be killers by Dragos and they managed to escape when their collars were removed.

Hunters' stories are included in the following books:
Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9) by Lara Adrian
Crave The Night (Midnight Breed, #12) by Lara Adrian
Midnight Unbound (Midnight Breed, #14.6) by Lara Adrian
Midnight Unleashed (Midnight Breed #14.7; 1001 Dark Nights #68) by Lara Adrian,
There are part of the main series and they are mainly stories about Gen One warriors that have strong connections with the Order.

Of course there are also many other Hunters that were never close to the Orde
Kat Valentine
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a awesome start to this new spin off series by lara adrian!! In this first hunter series read we find out about one of the most feared of drago's assassins Asher. When asher saves Naomi from a certain death from some thugs out in the desert the gen one breed will meet his match! Naomi has lived by her wits and her need for vengeance and no one will stand in her way not even a hot sexy vamp with a body full of beautiful dermalyphs and smelling and looking like sex on a stick!! Love me some b ...more
Born of Darkness is the first book in Lara Adrian's new Hunter Legacy series, a spin of set in the same world as her bestselling Midnight Breed books. Each of these stories are going to be standalone paranormal romances so you don't have to be familiar with the original series to enjoy them but longtime fans will appreciate the chance to spend more time in this world and to find out what happened to the many Gen One Breed Hunters bred and trained by Dragos.

It's been 20 years since Asher escaped
Katie Reus
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this kickoff to her new series!
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
4.5 Gen One Hunter Stars!!

Born of Darkness, is Book#1 of Lara Adrian’s new spin off series Hunter Legacy. If your a fan of Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series then you will love this series. It’s set in the same world as MB, 20 years after the Breed had been outed to the world. Now all of Drago’s freed Hunter Assassins are learning to live with the freedoms they have been given upon their release..

This first book we are introduced to Asher. He’s been living a life of solitude on a small ranch
Under the Covers Book Blog

I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

It's no secret that we are huge fans of the Midnight Breed series here at UTC.  In fact, if you want to start reading a good PNR and don't know where to start, Lara Adrian is a great place to start!  So when we heard she was writing a spin off we were beyond excited.

The Hunter Legacy series follows the assassins from the Hunter program.  If you are
Shayna
“On your back, vampire. It’s my turn to torture you.”

Paranormal Romance was how I actually got introduced to the romance genre and at first it was my absolute favorite, but in the recent years I found myself shying away from it. I’m not sure if it was the lack of great material out there or what, but Contemporary Romance ended up taking over my life and PNR got pushed to the wayside and when I think hard on that, it’s incredibly sad. If there is one author who could pull me out of a PNR funk i
SheLove2Read
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I liked Asher, the Gen One Breed vampire, quite a bit. Silent, broody, deadly. I can't say the same for Naomi. In fact, she ruined the book for me. There was not a single thing about her that I found that I liked. There was zero chemistry between her and Asher, and TBH, I was glad. He deserved better.

Storywise, this is a 2, but I'm bumping up to a 3 because I've always enjoyed Adrian's work in the past. I'll give book two in this new series a try. Just hope it's better.
Shari Kay
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
3.5 ✭ really. But, heck, I'm rounding up instead of down because a 3 just seems too low and GR's doesn't give me another option.

Though BoD seems like a PNR, if you've read far enough into the Midnight Breed books, you know it's really Sci-fi. wink wink

So Asher is one of the tortured Hunters who are now free and trying to live with the guilt of their pasts. When you find out where Asher's name came from and why he keeps it...you wanna give him a big hug. I did at least. Can we kill Dragos again?
 Rosebud
Naomi Fallon is a chameleon though it's more necessity than choice. Some days it hard to remember who she really is as she's had to change her looks and persona way too many times to keep track of.

Everyone makes a mistake at some point which is the case when Naomi finds herself in the hands of thugs who work for Vegas's premier mafia kingpin. Just as all seems lost and Naomi resigns herself to her fate, she is rescued by her own proverbial tall dark 'knight in shining armor' hero. A hero who she
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
WOW!! What a Spin Off!! Hunter Legacy is the spin off from the Midnight Breed series. For all the the readers of MB you will remember Dragos and his Gen One Hunters. This is the Hunter, Asher"s story and his wonderful breedmate Naomi/Narumi. These lead characters are written very well. You will fall in love with both of them. The story is a fast paced, suspenseful, great secondary characters, sad at times and good backstory, for those who have read the Midnight Breed series. Which I Highly Recom ...more
☕ Kimberly
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-2018
I read and loved the first Midnight Breed book and read them at the time on my Nook during my pre-blogging days. By the time I discovered there were more books in the series I was way behind. And as any reader knows, we have oodles of books and series on and in our TBR pile. So when I saw there would be a spinoff series I jumped in.

Born of Darkness introduces Asher a hunter-breed vampire that escaped in the Midnight Breed series. He found refuge on a homestead in the Mojave Desert, near to Vegas
◊♦ Naomi
Okay so it wasn't everything I was expecting it to be but it could have been much worse. I love Lara Adrian and to be honest, I had not read one of her books in quite a while so Born of Darkness was just what I needed to start new with her. A new series, albeit a spin-off of her Midnight Breed series, you can definitely read it without previously having read the other one. I stopped the MB series at book 7 if I remember correctly and I can say for sure, you can read Born of Darkness without havi ...more
shms
1.5*. This was such a disappointment, it was skirting the 1* mark but I couldn't quite do that to the author of one of my favourite series. I haven't any issues with the writing, or even the plot but the non-romance. To call what happens between the main leads romance, that's not right. No emotional depth, no chemistry, the h was particularly annoying, it all equated to no romance. I sincerely hope the next book will be a lot better, because we know Lara Adrain can do a lot better. Just look at ...more
AJ
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

This is the first book in the Hunter Legacy series, and I was so excited to dive back into Lara Adrian’s Midnight Breed World. This series is a spin-off from one of my fave PNR series, but you don’t need to have read Midnight Breed to enjoy this one, it easily stands alone as a great vampire romance, though long-time Lara fans will love it!

Asher is a Hunter - a vampire cruelly bred in a laboratory to become a lethal, ruthless assassin. He was a prisoner until he and others of his kind we
Tanya Davis
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.I'm not quite caught up on the Midnight Breed series yet, but I couldn't resist diving into the lives of the Hunters. Those Breed warriors who were engineered and brought up by Dragos into killers. They are not in any organized group like the Order, but each has their own life.

In Born of Darkness, Asher is a Breed vampire formerly of the Hunter pr

B.E.Love
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one. The hero Asher was great, very devoted and possessive and of course strong. I liked the heroine also but I will say she did have a TSTL moment that I thought to myself really. Nothing horrible though. I will say I wish we had gotten more of the hero's past int his book. We obviously know from her Breed series but I would have loved more of his actual history in this one. This is a great start to a new series that I am very excited for. We may have gotten a glimpse into w ...more
Aly is so frigging bored
This seemed like a very disjointed story, I don't know why... I felt like some parts were missing and that the ending came too fast, or not fast enough...
Ronda
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-favourites

I wasn't sure how the Hunter Legacy would be in comparison to the normal Breed books..... I shouldn't have worried, Born of Darkness was every bit as good.... and I bet that future books will be even more!!

Loved Asher and Naomi and their entire story. Lara Adrian never ceases to amaze me with her writing and I can't wait to read more in the new spin off series.
UltraMeital
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll admit I have HIGH expectation from Lara. The Midnight Breed is one of my absolute favorite PNR series and the Hunters' stories is something I wondered about especially since "Deeper than Midnight" (Hunter and Corrine's book). I wanted to learn more about them, what they went through, to see them grow into independent men. In this one I felt we got a lot more of Naomi's story than Asher (which was mostly revealed to us in the end).

Asher have been living a life of mostly solitude since he wa
Sophia
As a long-time fan of the Midnight Breed series, I was thrilled to discover there was going to be a spin-off series about some of the most enigmatic, lethal Breed Vampires- the Hunters. Strong, skilled Gen One Warriors who were bred and trained by a mad-man with only one purpose- to kill. I was always curious what happened to all those young guys who were finally free, but with such dark shadows on their pasts. Now, we're getting each of their stories with the Hunter Legacy series.

Born of Darkne
Romance Readers Retreat
Lara Adrian’s Midnight Breed series is my all time favorite paranormal romance series, so when I found out she was writing a spinoff series I was more than a little excited. This series takes place approximately 20 years after the original series. I will make note that you can most definitely read this without having reading the Midnight Breed series. However, for anyone who has, we do get to revisit with previously loved characters (and it’s amazing so you probably want to pick it up for that r ...more
Lynn Kupser
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The start of another fantastic series, that I could not put down!!

Naomi is a woman of many talented and clever disguises!! Don't blink or you might miss her! But she also has a heart of gold for the abused & abandoned children in Las Vegas!

Asher is a Gen One Hunter, a trained Assassin. He lives alone out in the deserts of Las Vegas caring for the ranch animals left behind by the only person who ever cared if he lived or died! All he wanted was to be left alone!! Until the night he stumbles
Alys Baldwin
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an advance copy for my official review.

I really enjoyed this book. Asher and Naomi were an unexpected couple. Both with dark pasts that can come back and destroy the lives they are trying to build. Many twists and turns.

I will recommend this book to everyone who loves her books and if your looking for something new.

I just have questions as to how all these others hunters escaped the program?
Michele Monk
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
couldn't put this down!! I don't know how she does it,but Lara hasn't ever disappointed me with her stories yet..I don't think she will...I'm not going to go into specific details as I received this as an ARC and can't give out any spoilers,I can say you won't regret reading it...
Debbie Watson
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing first book in this new spinoff series! Asher has things he's done in the past that still haunt him. Naomi is finding herself deeper in trouble in her quest for revenge. When these two finally come together it's explosive!
Shay
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was ok not great...I have read better by this author.
Miladylc
I Loved this book 👍
a lot of the characters in this book Each Got their HEA
and the bad guys got what they deserved in the end as well
Gail Mitchell
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book, awesome series!!!
Tracie R
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous! what a great way to start the Hunter's Legacy series. I look forward to getting my hands on the next one
Release dates 1 8 Dec 01, 2017 05:09AM
LARA ADRIAN is a New York Times and #1 internationally best-selling author with nearly 4 million books in print and digital worldwide and translations licensed to more than 20 countries. Her books have been named among Amazon’s Top Ten Romances of the Year, and have also been nominated by readers multiple times as finalists for the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Romance of the Year. Reviewers hav ...more

Hunter Legacy (2 books)
  • Hour of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #2)
“He wasn’t prepared for how deeply this female was impacting his life. He didn’t have room for the trouble she was bringing into his solitary world. And he sure as hell wasn’t prepared to deal with all of the feelings she’d been stoking inside him from the moment their eyes first met.” 1 likes
“…the Breedmate who’d not only upended his solitary existence but lit it on fire. He wanted her, no question about that, but what he wanted most was her safety.” 1 likes