Start by marking “Say Yes Summer” as Want to Read:
Say Yes Summer

Say Yes Summer

Perfect for fans of Morgan Matson and Netflix/Hallmark Channel rom-coms, this is the story of a girl who decides to give in to the universe and just say yes to everything, bringing her friendship, new experiences, and, if she lets her guard down, true love.

The perfect book to kick off summer! For as long as Rachel Brooks can remember, she's had capital-G Goals: straight
Expected publication: May 12th 2020 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Say Yes Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Say Yes Summer

Start your review of Say Yes Summer
Kara
Mar 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Theresa
I received an ARC through NetGalley from Random House Childrens. Sometimes a YA contemporary romance is exactly what I need when the world is in a whirlwind of turmoil. This light beachy, summery post high school romp is cute and delivers exactly what I expected. The characters were all like-able, especially Rachels adorable Nonna. It was an easy and breezy read.

The book follows graduating senior and valedictorian, Rachel as she opens herself up to a summer of saying Yes instead of focusing on
Theresa
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Susie
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
So, yeah. Its fluff. But it was goooooood fluff. Like, more substantial fluff than I was anticipating. I think that might be partly due to the cover, actually, which makes it appear dorky and silly. But I found it to be refreshingly real. I mean, there were elements of a John Hughes movie, but mostly so that Rachel could be surprised by them or something within them. And, better still, shes kind of a screw up and has to deal with that.

I dug it. It was an especially nice escape from the current
This is a cute little YA romance that made me smile. It wasn't super complicated but it was a fun read and a perfect distraction for a bit of time. Rachel chooses to say YES the summer after her senior year. Saying YES is both good and bad for her as she navigates new and old relationships. A lovely little YA story that middle grade/early HS would enjoy! Thank you netgalley for this arc in exchange for my honest opinion.
Amanda
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hello adorable! This YA contemporary romance was just what I needed and I read it in one sitting. Not gonna lieI have Felicity vibes throughout the whole book! (90s girl reference sorry!) But it reminded me so much of that TV show with Rachels epic crush on the popular boy and all the cringey, embarrassing moments! I loved the entire book from start to finish! Thank you Netgalley for this ARC. I will be adding it to my library for many students to read! ...more
Amy
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
The opening of this novel has a very similar feel to the movie Booksmart, although the making up for lost time action takes place over the entire summer rather than a single night. A fast, fun (and surprisingly funny) read.
Rachel
Mar 19, 2020 rated it liked it
A light-hearted cute book that is perfect for its target reader (definitely not me). A nice romantic comedy that would appeal to middle school students.
Angela Branham
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quirky, funny, delightful romantic comedy. I truly enjoyed meeting Rachel (& her family), Miles, Clayton, and Carrie. This novel is well- written and hard to put down.
Angela Branham
Madeline Friedman
Sep 08, 2018

• Admission
  • More Than Maybe
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Pieces of Her
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • The Cousins
  • Now & When
  • In Five Years
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • A Sky Painted Gold
  • The Sullivan Sisters
  • The Girl I Used to Be
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • The Night She Disappeared
Lindsey Roth Culli earned her MFA in creative writing in 2010. She writes books for teens and people who used to be teens. Though she currently calls Baltimore, Maryland home, a part of her heart will forever be hidden among the cornfields of Illinois where she grew up.

She is Team Oxford Comma.