Start by marking “Big Stick” as Want to Read:

(Big Stick #1)

Hockey is my life. And it's a great one. There's an endless line of women, and I get to hang with my best friend Oli. Everything is perfect until she shows up. Oli's twin sister, Flynn... hates my guts. I don't blame her. I'm part of one of the worst nights of her life.

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 226 pages
Published September 17th 2018 by Entangled Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Big Stick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Stick

Sabrina
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE
Amazon US * Amazon UK

This is my first book from RC Stephens and I thought it was a good introduction to this series and the authors writing. I liked the intrigue that was involved with the secrets of what happened to drive Flynn and Myles and that it didn't take over their story. There was still a lot of sweetness involved that I thought was a great part of their story.

This is definitely a series I'll be reading more of and I can't wait to see what the author is going to come up with f
Elle's Book Blog
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, standalones
Release Date: September 17, 2018
Genre: Sports Romance
Actual Rating: 4 stars

I haven't read many of the authors books (only a handful) but have always enjoyed them. This one, being a sports romance and all, was a very good read! It is smart, witty, and even emotional at times making it well rounded. I do wish it were a bit more centered on the sports part, but other than that there isn't anything I didn't like about it.

If you are a fan of the friends to lovers trope this is certainly one th
Jemima
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5

A friends to lovers sports romance... Doesn't that just sound divine?

Emotional, fun, sexy and bloody irresistible ... Big Stick is a fun book to read.
It had it's ups and downs but was still an enjoyable read...sadly not a memorable read.
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
4.5 Emotional Big Stick Stars!

Big Stick was a hot emotional read. I went into this book blindly and solely on the cover, and guess what? I loved this book! Flynn Russell is the twin sister to famous hockey player Oliver Russell and ex best friend to Myles. Flynn just discovered her boyfriend cheating on her and is forced to move in with brother. If that isn't bad enough the one person who she hasn't seen since her parents dead not lives next door.

Myles grew up with Flynn and Oliver Russell but
Rejane
Mar 11, 2019 marked it as nope
Seems like this series is about manwhore x virgin.
No can do. 😒🙄

Cocktails and Books
3.5 Cocktails

Cute story. Not much hockey (other than it was their job) but still a cute read. Full review to come.
Jeannine
This was my first book by this author. I actually really liked it. There was a small part in the middle that dragged on and on for me with Flynn but other than that, I enjoyed it. There’s great secondary characters in here and I hope Flynn’s brother and bestie get their own book, they were fun together.
Coco.V
Feb 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
💝 ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💝
Ayekah
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! A great story, romance, and hockey players? I'm in!
Myles and Old are best friends that grew up together and play for the Chicago Blackhawks. Myles didn't have the best family life so he spent much of his time at his friends house with Oli, his twin sister Flynn always around too. It was always the three of them. Flynn is now an attorney and living in Chicago, moving there with her boyfriend who she just caught bopping the office receptionist in the copy room. How c
Thuy Taylor
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Flynn and Myles are childhood best friends, included in the 3 musketeers circle is also Flynn's twin brother Oliver. Flynn and Myles have always loved each other, and was going to come out and start dating out in the open the night of Myles NHL draft night. Tragedy strikes, their friendship is broken, torn and they don't see each other for 7 years. Her grief is just being pushed down by layers of bandaids, she never really dealt with. Well, they see each other, and he wants so desperately to hav ...more
Diane Lynch
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hockey-romance
R.C. Stephens scores with BIG STICK. As kids, Myles Sanders and twin brother and sister Oliver and Flynn Russell were inseparable. After moving to different cites, Myles and Flynn had a falling out. Seven years later, Myles and Oli are still best friends living their dream of playing professional hockey together in Chicago. Flynn relocates to Chicago to be near her brother; consequently, needing to resolve the issues she has with Myles. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audi ...more
April Symes
This is a fabulous friends to lovers sports romance that follows top NHL player Myles Sanders as he tries to win back the love of his former best friend Flynn Russell. 7 years ago tragedy hit Flynn, her twin brother Oliver and their best friend Myles and then things got really awkward for Flynn and she cut Myles pretty much out of her life. Fast forward 7 years and Flynn and Myles are forced back into each other’s lives, but will Flynn forgive and forget, and is Myles willing to let her.
This is
Courtney
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Big Stick is the first book I have read by this author. I enjoy sport romances so I figured I would give this one a try.

This book definitely was more of friends to lovers romance with a smidge or sports added into it. We got the story on Myles, Oli and Flynn and how the connection between Myles and Flynn builds.

I want go into details on what happens but there were a few parts that dragged for me, but I kept chugging along because the characters weren't terrible and the writing was decent.

While
Booknerd_1107
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Big Stick

**received an ARC in exchange for an honest review**

5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Loved this old friends to lovers story. Flynn and Myles have a great connection and it continues to build throughout the story. The emotional tug of war that is between them keeps you invested and wanting to see what happens next. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for Flynn’s brother.

Flynn has just been dumped and has no one else to go except for her brother’s apartment, the only problem is Myles. She hasn’t spoken to him in yea
Sara Oxton
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Big Stick by R.C. Stephens a five-star read that will make you hop. This is my first read by this author and it won’t be the last, they have made a puck bunny out of me. There is everything in this story, a heartfelt story, romance, and twists that will break your heart harder that a player hitting the ice during a rough game. From playing Peter pan as children the two lost boys and Tink have all grown up but does that mean they are grownups able to deal with grown up emotions. This was a great ...more
Pamela Lilley
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this friends to lovers sports romance following top NHL player Myles Sanders as he tries to win back the affections of his former best friend Flynn Russell.
After tragedy hits Flynn, her twin brother Oliver and their best friend Myles things get awkward for Flynn and she cuts Myles out of her life. Fast forward 7 years and they are forced back into each other’s lives, but can Flynn forgive and forget, and is Myles willing to let her. A beautifully written emotional romance that had me ho
Heather andrews
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Flynn has a hold over Myles and the man knows it too, "my eyes roam over her entire body. “I’m well aware you aren’t a child. Da*n, I’m not blind.” Eff. I practically have to adjust my ***k in this suit." Myles tries to be a good boy, “come on. I’m trying to be a gentleman.” He wavers as he adjusts his ***k, which, judging by the outline on his pants, is quite sizeable." I liked this book, I loved Myles.
Danielle from Short and Sassy
3 meh stars. I LOVE hockey romances. Heck, I love hockey! with this book. it felt like something was missing. They either loved or hated each other. There was no in between. And we didn't find out why Flynn hates Myles until almost the end. And the plot line surrounding that I, personally saw coming from a mile away (especially with her twin brother).
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Jaime
Aug 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, dnf
DNF @ 42%

There’s just something about the writing style that didn’t work for me. Things seemed kind of all over the place.

Flynn is a really irritating character. She’s so hot and cold and very back and forth. One minute she wants Myles around, the next she doesn’t. One minute she’s telling him she’s not ready to talk about their issues, but then in the next paragraph she’s saying that it’s the only way to get any closure. Make up your mind!!! She also comes off as very immature and part of me f
Bec
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it

A tragic accident drove a wedge between best friends Flynn and Myles, but now years later they're reunited. However, Flynn isn't ready to forgive Myles, especially when he left at a time when she needed him most. Yet, as they get to know each other again, Flynn realizes she's not going to be able to ignore the intense chemistry she and Myles share for long. Will Myles be able to convince Flynn to take a chance on him or will secrets from the past destroy their friendship for good?

This is the fir
Avidez Literaria
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Myles. It’s still me… Tink. I still want Peter Pan to sweep me off my feet."

Novels about second chances almost always guarantee success. We hope for happy endings, this is undeniable, and in the face of a couple separated by years and that they end up meeting again and find themselves still in love, we want love to win in the end. It may sound cheesy, but with so much happening on a daily basis, believing that a great love is possible is a consolation.
Flynn and Myles are examples of this. Frien
Renee
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Hockey is my life. And it's a great one. There's an endless line of women, and I get to hang with my best friend Oli. Everything is perfect until she shows up. Oli's twin sister Flynn....hates my guts. I don't blame her. I'm pare of one of the worst night of her life. Now she's next door and seeing her every day is killing me slowly. I wonder if we can ever get back to being friends. The way she looks at me some
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Big Stick is an addictive read that will take you on an emotional ride. For someone that is not a fan of hockey, I sure can't pass up a hockey story, and I am so glad that's the case because this story is absolutely worth reading. It's not quite a friend's to lover's considering Flynn and Miles aren't really friends anymore, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's an enemies to lover's either because even after years apart these two still care so much for each other.

Seven years ago Flynn cut Mil
We Like them Dark **
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018

I loved the dynamic between Flynn, Oli, and Myles. Their whole friendship throughout the book totally made me envious-and I truly wanted to be a part of their world. We see that they are clearly friends growing up together-each had their own problems. As the book fast forwards to when the trio are adults-the chemistry between Myles and Flynn is unstoppable.
I loved the forbidden romance-brothers best friend trope in this book. It was a slow burn I couldn’t put down, and I hope we see a lot more f
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a sweet hockey romance. Miles has always been in love with Flynn, one of the twins he grew up with. So when Flynn suddenly reappears in Miles’ adult life, he will do anything to get her to see him the way she used to.

This books ticks so many of my favourite romance boxes. I love hockey romances. And second chance romances. And best friend romances. And funny romances. And stories with siblings. And stories about big sec
Kari Hansen
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When they were growing up Myles was best friends with Oliver and his twin sister Flynn. The feelings between Myles and Flynn evolved into something much deeper and when they finally decided to tell everyone the truth about their relationship tragedy struck and they haven’t seen each other since.

Seven years later Myles is a professional hockey player and Flynn is a lawyer. When her plans for the future went up in smoke she heads to her brother for comfort and finds Myles instead. As they spend ti
Veronica LaRoche
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Absolutely love Flynn & Myles story. I absolutely love hockey stories and this one I couldn’t put down. Myles and Flynn were always meant to be until a tragedy pulled them apart but now years later Myles will do anything to claim what was always his. Amazing characters even Oli which I’m hoping he gets a book. Everyone needs to read this book.

I received this Advanced Reader Copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
LeeAnne
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a super hot hockey romance, I loved it!

Myles and Oli have been best friends since childhood and now play hockey together in the NHL. Oli's twin sister, Flynn, was their third musketeer until a terrible accident occurred that Flynn still blames Myles for. Now, Flynns down on her luck and has to move in with Oli.... next door to Myles. Myles has been in love with Flynn since they were kids but heading Olis warning to leave her alone he's tried to move on. Now that they're in close proximi
Ruthie Taylor
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

I am a big hockey romance fan, so was delighted to get to read this story. I wouldn't say that the hockey is the main part of the book, but it acts as a good backdrop for the romance.

Flynn is a lawyer on the up, but has made a terrible choice of boyfriend so ends up staying with her twin brother Oli, and next door to their childhood best friend, Myles. The two men play top flight hockey together and still have a very cl
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Knowing Jack
  • Play by Play (Play Makers Shorts, #1)
  • Gabe (Heartbreaker, #1)
  • Bring on the Heat (The Boys of Summer, #1)
  • Pitcher Perfect
  • Giving In (The Shore, #1)
  • The Quarterback (The Rookies #1)
  • Puck Me Secretly (Vancouver Wolves Hockey #1)
  • Seven Ways to Lose Your Heart
  • My Wish for You
  • Million Baller Baby (Bad Boy Ballers, #1)
  • Mastered (The Mastered Saga #1)
  • The Penalty (End Game, #1)
  • Hunter (Campus Kings): A Football Secret Baby Novel
  • The Bet (Players, #1)
  • Just Stay
  • Love Is Relative (Defining Love, #1)
  • Fiona Vs. Football Player
As far back as R.C. Stephens can remember she was a sucker for a good romance. Of course there had to be a prince charming even if he ultimately was a dark knight and there had to be a happy ending.
She watched the movie Dirty Dancing way too many times growing up and Jean Claude Van Damme movies too. Go figure!
After years of saying she would write a book one day, she finally put pen to paper. No

Big Stick (2 books)
  • Butt Ending (Big Stick, #2)