Start by marking “Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel” as Want to Read:
Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel

Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel

(Kings of Rittenhouse #0.5)

Declan and Mak have been at each other's throats since sophomore year and now it's time for the party to end all parties for the seniors of Rittenhouse Prep.
What's the worst that could happen?

Long live the Kings...
Published June 11th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel

Start your review of Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Kings of Rittenhouse – A Shameless Kings Prequel is book .5 in the Kings of Rittenhouse series by Maya Hughes.

In this short little introduction to this series we meet the boys of the Rittenhouse Kings, the championship ice hockey team of Rittenhouse Prep School. It is told in the alternating point of views of Declan McAvoy and Makenna Halstead who are both featured in book one, Shameless King. We get a look into both of their lives and there is a short excerpt at the end of the book. These two
Alla
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas, series, sports
Nicely done prequel to the "Kings of Rittenhouse" series.
Makes you want to read and learn more about those characters.
book bruin
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a quick novella introducing readers to the Kings of Rittenhouse series. We get to meet the Kings - Declan, Heath, Emmett, Ford, and Colm as well as several other key players and siblings. The novella gives readers some back story on their lives (though the novella focuses on and is told only from Declan and Makenna's POV's) and sets the stage for future books. It looks like some of the tropes we'll see in this series are enemies to lovers, forbidden/teacher and student, second chance, a ...more
JewelsyGoolsy
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This book made me wanna go straight to book #3
shirley ♡
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, college-romance
Declan and Mak? Yeah I liked them, can’t wait to start their book but Emmett and Every? THEY’RE ALL I CARE ABOUT!
TheBibliotheque ♡
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-arc
I just can't get enough of these Kings. But what I really want to know is... WHEN IS FORD AND LIV'S novel coming?
Andrea Fleury
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I simply adored this introduction to the kings. Funny thing is I didn't know it was available till I finished the full story. I still enjoyed it and it excited me to see what Will happen to Emmett.
Emma
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it

I read this novella to satisfy my curiosity about the reason behind Declan's apology to MaKenna in book one, but mostly to know what went wrong between Emmett and Avery, and it left me hungry for more, my heart broke for them both, I can't wait to read their story. (view spoiler)

This is really a promising series, the author worked hard on building her protagonists wit
Carvanz
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
So this is a pretty good set up for the series. Not sure what all is going to go down. It all seems rather angsty.  This is my first by this author, and I will definitely be reading more from her.

Dual POV
Safe (view spoiler)
Triggers (view spoiler)
Vanessa (nessreads)
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

Kings of Rittenhouse is a great introduction to a new sports world. We're given a small glimpse in the life of 5 high school hockey players. Declan, Heath, Emmett, Colm and Ford are all seniors and preparing for life after high school. Going to college and working hard to make their goal come true, to play in the NHL.

Of course it wouldn't be high school without drama. And this prequel is filled with that and more. Some unnecessary, but what are you going to do?

Kings of Rittenhouse lured
Kate
Sep 17, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars - a bit all over the place, like it was trying to set up one too many things for the future series but got me intrigued nonetheless.
c
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Literally don't give 2 shits about mak and Declan, someone tell me what happened between Emmett and Avery
Just Josie

A nice introduction to the characters. Enjoyed the writing, (a bit messy- but I have a feeling its because of the amount of other characters “issues” and I found the main characters background interesting enough. Like the whole “nothing is at it seems”- part.
But that’s it. No sparks. No “I need to read this or I will die”.
It’s one of those stories I sadly will forget about in a week, so that also means I probably won’t be getting my hands on the series.

Read: 21/05/2019
1st rating: 2
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, freebies
A fun little preview!
It made me curious about Avery and Emmet (is that the right writing? I'm bad with names..)
It made me think and guess a lot.

I'm excitef for Mak and Declan!
bruna
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Maybe she was afraid if she let go of me, I’d float away. It’s what I wanted sometimes. To be anyone, anywhere, except for me. Perfect match.”

It’s 11:53 PM and I’m writing my last review of 2019 lol Since Fulton U was one of my favorite series this year, I decided that I wanted to end 2019 and start 2020 reading the Kings of Rittenhouse series!

I really liked this prequel because we got to know all the characters and their struggles a little. My favorite one so far is Makenna. She’s a trouble
Coco.V
Jun 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (6/16/2018)!💝

Blurb:
What's the worst that could happen?

Long live the Kings...
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5/ 5 stars

Maya Hughes created a perfect new and addicting sports world for me and I know for a fact this series will be one of those that will take over my life, I just know it. All of the Kings already stole a piece of my heart and we barely got a taste of them. So I know that with every book Maya pops out in this series, I'm gonna fall a little (probably a lot) more for each and every one of these guys.

At this point I'm already dying and praying for more. And of course the one I'm most
Christy Bailey
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

Well I have to say this was a great prequel to what I hope will be a great series! I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next!
Anna
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just a taste of the backstory

Great background to the series as well as Mak & Declan's book. I want to know all their stories now!
flavia
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
this was supposed to be about mak and declan but it made me be more interested in emmet and avery
❤Sana❤
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Kings without crowns stars!

A very interesting and intriguing prequel to A Shamless King, where we'll get to know more about Declan and Makenna. Kings of Rittenhouse is a beautiful introduction to all the characters we'll be seeing in the series and a scoop about how there stories are developed.
Under the Covers Book Blog
This is a free prequel to Declan and Mak's story and I'm glad I decided to jump in and read it before diving into book 1 of this series.  KINGS OF RITTENHOUSE is set in high school and gives us a glimpse of the life our main protagonists are going through to prepare you for book 1 (which jumps ahead quite a few years to college).

I'm not usually the biggest fan of high school angst and all the drama associated with it but Declan and Mak are going through their own difficult struggles at home
tinyteaplots
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was quick, but felt well rounded as a lead in. Color me intrigued as to how this story will unfold.
Anne OK
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
A very short prequel - barely enough to whet your appetite. It's the set-up for Hughes's new Kings of Rittenhouse Series. Filled to the brim with plenty of angst, leaving another batch of questions to be answered on all the "Kings" and their futures as they graduate high school and leave for their respective colleges and hockey teams -- all hoping to finally end up on a NHL team. Betting there will be plenty more angst filling their college days and the girls that will cross their paths.

Ready to
Angelica Haney
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Dang that was a whole lot of tension and emotion thrown into a short prequel! Super freaking intrigued and ready to hop into this series now 😱
Maria
Apr 24, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm very confused because I know nothing about the story or the characters, but now I get to the real story!
susana ♡
Apr 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Oof that ending 😭
Faith89
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review
This prequel introduces us to the Kings of Rittenhouse and their friends. They are the reigning champs of hockey. Each one of them has a secret that will eventually change the course of their lives. Declan and Makenna are the focus. they both have secrets that I can't wait to explore. They hate each other and argue all the time . Misconceptions and assumptions run rampant. this intro will get readers interested to follow the story of these guys and see what fun and mischief follow.
kat
Apr 05, 2020 added it
okay okay i’m hooked
Angela By The Bookcase
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Is there anything quite like going back to where it all began? Nope, not at all!

It's no secret I'm a huge fan of the Kings of Rittenhouse series - each book has told a unique story that make my heart squeeze. I've fallen hard for each and every character and revisit them often. There is something so supremely special about going back and seeing so many of my favorite characters before each of their books.

It creates a deeper appreciation for how they change and grow, and for the circumstances tha
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • Black Knight (Royal Elite, #4)
  • Tempting Devil (Sinners and Saints, #2)
  • Cruel King (Royal Elite, #0)
  • Vicious Prince (Royal Elite, #5)
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)
  • Bad Max
  • Defining the Rules (The Dating Playbook #3)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Wherever You Are (Bad Reputation Duet, #2)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks #3)
  • Ruthless Bishop (Sinners and Saints, #3)
  • Kiss King (Forever You #2)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation
Maya Hughes is an Amazon Top 50 author of swoon worthy, laugh out loud, and emotional new adult and contemporary romances. Add Maya's upcoming books to your TBR today!

The Proposal (Swank, #1) by Maya Hughes The Art of Falling For You (Falling, #1) by Maya Hughes The Fourth Time Charm (Fulton U, #4) by Maya Hughes

Don't miss the exclusive, steamy, office romance novella, The Perfect View! http://eepurl.com/cZoUzT

Instagram: (for tons of cupcake love!) http://bit.ly/2WoY3OZ

Pinterest: http://bit.ly/2F3mqM2

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2K

Kings of Rittenhouse (5 books)
  • Shameless King (Kings of Rittenhouse)
  • Reckless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #2)
  • Ruthless King  (Kings of Rittenhouse, #3)
  • Fearless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #4)
  • Heartless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #5)