Start by marking “Queen of Ruin (Grace and Fury, #2)” as Want to Read:
Queen of Ruin (Grace and Fury, #2)

Queen of Ruin

(Grace and Fury #2)

A fierce sequel full of sisterhood, heart pounding action, betrayal, and intrigue in the royal court in a series that "breathes new life into the feminist story of oppression and resistance" (Publisher's Weekly).

Banished by Asa at the end of Grace and Fury, Nomi and Malachi find themselves powerless and headed towards their all-but-certain deaths. Now that Asa sits on the
Published July 2nd 2019 by Little, Brown Books For Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Ruin, please sign up.
Tracy Banghart Yes! There are only two books in this series. :)
Mariah Bassett
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Beth
3.5 Stars

I'd gone into this with high hopes, maybe slightly too high? I absolutely ADROED Grace and Fury and was so excited to read this, but I wasn't as drawn to it as what I had been.

I loved the complete girl power throughout this book and really seeing Nomi and Serina come into their own but for me it didn't pick up or things seemed to happen at the 56% mark.

After that it was action packed and the whole sense of the uprising and certain characters doing certain things, your girl isn't here f
Rachel Reads Ravenously

I loved Grace and Fury, but this one fell a bit flat. Pacing was off, the book felt too fast and too slow all the at same time. The ending seemed particularly rushed. I liked Nomi's story the most and it's what kept me reading, but I cannot help but wonder what happened with this book. It just wasn't up to the standard of the first one.

Follow me on ♥ FacebookBlogInstagramTwitter
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
I don't want to wait another year for this one! Grace & Fury was so good and I need to know what happens next! So excited for this one.
Tucker
Jan 31, 2019 marked it as arcs-to-read

Many thanks to Little Brown for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest |
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Ugh...not only are we stuck with cover models again, but they are not even the same ones? WHY!?
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
You can find the full review and all the fancy and/or randomness that accompanies it at It Starts at Midnight .

Okay, this is how you finish a duology. I am two for two with sequels this week alone and wow. Just wow. This was everything I had hoped for, and then some! I really enjoyed Grace and Fury , and was obviously thrilled to read the sequel. But you know, sometimes sequels are scary! But this is how you wrap up a series! Here's the thing: This isn't the most unique premise out there. It ca
Eleanor (bookishcourtier)
I didn't even like the first book that much.

Am I gonna read this?

Heck yeah.
Leah Grover
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A rare sequel that surpasses its predecessor. Banghart pushes her characters beyond their limits to a conclusion that is as satisfying as it is empowering.
ChaeTea
Jul 28, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: i-need
I am dying from anticipation. I will swim to Mount Ruin on my swimming floatie to find these characters.
Harley
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-faves
Pre-release: I'M SO HYPED FOR THIS! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY PRECIOUS CHILDREN TAKE DOWN THE PATRIARCHY!!

My heart is so full, my feels! I loved this book so freaking much! The characters have evolved so much from when we first met them. I'm like a proud mama being like look how much my children have grown.
description
Speaking of crying I did tear up at the end, it got me all gooey and whatnot. (view spoiler)
Melanie Belson (booklovewithmelanie)
Fantastic! Review to come once I can think of something with semi non-spoilers....but you'll want to get your hands on a couple once it comes out!
 Amelia
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
See that pile of disappointment over there? Yep. That's me.

Grace and Fury was a fabulous story about two sisters finding strength and learning to accept their new roles. This was...not that. Okay it was when it comes to Serina because she is even more kickass than before, but Nomi...ughhhh. Here's the thing, even though she annoyed me in the 1st book, she tried her best I guess, I could understand her. In this book she did NOTHING. She spent more than half of the book just traveling with Malachi
Jessica
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Hovering around 2.5 stars. This wasn't a bad book necessarily. I don't think it adds anything to the genre or is particularly creative in its storytelling. Things happen a bit conveniently and the writing is straightforward; the language is purposeful but not engaging in any way. Very consumable and a good book if you need something to get through quickly. It reads very "old school" YA.
Amanda
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to win an ARC. Just like Grace and Fury I couldn’t put it down. Serina is no longer a grace she is a warrior out for justice. Nomi betrayed by Asa is out for blood and will stop at nothing to get it.
Maggie Mckee
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Got an ARC at BookCon 2019

This was such an amazing way to end the duology. Everytime you thought you knew where it was going BAM plot twist. Absolutely wonderful. Love love loved it
Joee (booksandacupofjoee)
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've been anxiously waiting for almost a year to see what happens next in this series after the intense ending of Grace and Fury! This kicks off right where we left things and it was moving fast!

I just cherished the sisterly bond between Nomi and Serina. However, I felt myself more invested and connected to Nomi's storyline. Especially after the fall out of book one. I couldn't get enough of her chapters. Honestly, I kind of wish it had more about her and more of her sass. Don't get me wrong, I
Tona-T
Nov 22, 2018 marked it as to-read
Congratulations!!
Its a good bock, its very interesting.
Natasha
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon
As soon as I heard this title I got extremely excited, it sounds so awesome! O.O
Megan Houde
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to my friend Mikaela for gifting me this arc!

I loved Grace and Fury and couldn’t wait for Queen of Ruin! I wanted to re read Grace and Fury but times been a little limited for me so I love that Tracy basically did a recap in the beginning of the book. When we first started the book we instantly are at where the first book ends and each character recaps what happened to explain what’s going on. Nomi makes it to Mount Ruin and discovers her sister not only alive but ruling the prison.
Camille
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
queen of ruin is a fast paced novel with beautifully written details to express the making of a kingdom. with lovable characters like serina and nomi, the reader cannot help but be entranced by the words on the page. Queen of Ruin by Tracy Banghart, out July 6, 2019. Preorder it!

i’ve been really excited to read this book ever since the first one came out but i don’t know if this totally met my expectations?
i loved the writing and how wonderful the story plot was but it honestly felt like it lack
Stacy Fetters
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"But, Nomi realized, a weight settling on her chest, ***** dwarf had become more than a grim necessity to her. It had become a desire. She wanted him dead. She wanted him to suffer. She wanted to be the one to make him suffer.”

This was one of my most anticipated reads of the year and it did not disappoint. I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest. This was seriously intense and I loved it!

The stakes were higher and these characters held nothing back as they fought for what they truly
✩ Aysha Lula ✩
Mar 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
MY FEMINIST HEART NEEDS THIS
Iris
Sep 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
***Pre-review, September 29, 2018***

I. NEED. THIS. RIGHT. NOW. Seriously, what was that ending?!?! I NEED IT!!
Adelle
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookcon-2019
I received an ARC at BookCon, and I was looking forward to continuing the story.

I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about this book, as the last book was good... but I didn’t think it was great. This one picks up right where it left off (I won’t give too much detail and save people from the spoilers).

What I liked the most is what bad asses Serina and Nomi have turned into. I’m always up for a good book about some powerful women, those that realize their capabilities and show it.

There was som
The Nerd Daily
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Teralyn Mitchell

Queen of Ruin is the sequel to Grace and Fury, by Tracy Banghart. Queen of Ruin is a powerful story about women empowerment and finding your voice. Serina and Nomi both had to reinvent themselves throughout the series but more so in Queen of Ruin when they were faced with obstacles that threatened to tear them apart forever.

Queen of Ruin starts right where Grace and Fury left off with Serina and the women on Mount Ruin having led
Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)
2.5/5

“Queen of Ruin” is the sequel to Banghart’s “Grace and Fury,” a YA fictional novel with women empowerment. Queen of Ruin starts where the story left off (in a cliff-hanger, might I add) in Grace and Fury. From there, the story starts with no more introductions. Readers should know the world by now where men are the rulers and women were erased from history and weren’t given much of any rights. This novel was more about the reconciliation of the two main characters and trying to fight for wo
Neelam
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Hachette Children’s Group and Netgalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Grace and Fury was one of my top reads last year so I have been eagerly awaiting the sequel and it did not disappoint! Queen of Ruin is just as amazing as Grace and Fury! Tracy Banghart has now become an auto-buy author for me! If you haven’t read Grace and Fury I highly recommend it!

Guys! This book had me up reading ALL NIGHT! As in I started it at 11pm thinking oh I will read for a little while a
Katherine Paschal
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Review can be found at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/

Now this, this is the rebellion book everyone needs in their lives. Queen of Ruin was so good, so good, that I had goosebumps on my arms during one of the (many) freaking intense scenes near the end, and I could not put the book down, I had to keep going until I reach the conclusion. And what an ending it was too! I am happy to report that there is no cliff hanger, things are very well wrapped up to my judgey satisfaction...but that is
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • Thornlight
  • Court of Lions (Mirage, #2)
  • Soul of Stars (Heart of Iron, #2)
  • Shadow & Flame (Rime Chronicles, #2)
  • War of the Bastards (Royal Bastards, #3)
  • When She Reigns (Fallen Isles, #3)
  • Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
  • Tears of Frost (Heart of Thorns, #2)
  • Shatter City (Impostors, #2)
  • The Traitor's Kingdom (The Traitor's Circle, #3)
  • The Girl the Sea Gave Back
  • The Half King (Untitled, #1)
  • These Divided Shores (Stream Raiders, #2)
  • DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)
  • The Night Country (The Hazel Wood, #2)
  • Immunity (Contagion, #2)
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
Tracy Banghart grew up in rural Maryland and spent her summers on a remote island in northern Ontario. All of that isolation and lovely scenery gave her the time to read voraciously and the inspiration to write her own stories. Always a bit of a nomad, Tracy now travels the world Army-wife style with her husband, son, cat, and sweet pupper Scrabble.

Grace and Fury (2 books)
  • Grace and Fury (Grace and Fury, #1)