Start by marking “The Open Revolution: Rewriting the rules of the information age” as Want to Read:
The Open Revolution: Rewriting the rules of the information age

The Open Revolution: Rewriting the rules of the information age

Will the digital revolution give us digital dictatorships or digital democracies? Forget everything you think you know about the digital age. It’s not about privacy, surveillance, AI or blockchain—it’s about ownership. Because, in a digital age, who owns information controls the future.

Today, information is everywhere. From your DNA to the latest blockbusters, from lifes
Published June 12th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Open Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Open Revolution

Start your review of The Open Revolution: Rewriting the rules of the information age
Dosia
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book should've been waaay shorter. It's full of repetitions. I didn't like the messy ordering either. It reads as if nobody edited the book as a whole.
I wish there was more on practical aspects of Open activism. The case studies could be shorter and more numerous.
The language was highly accessible I give the author that. I suppose this book _might_ convince someone that patenting systems suuuuck, but hm. Too much convincing, too little substance. And what little substance it gave I wasn't i
Don Watkins
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting book with many examples of how we are stifling creativity by maintaining our current systems of patents and copyright. The author shows how current protections of intellectual property have stymied research and often cost more than an open system. He makes a good case for new policies more in keeping with our digital age.
Thad Guidry
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would have liked to see more practical advice given...but then that would involved a more technical depth that might have been off-putting for the intended audience. The ordering of chapters could even have been completely reversed and framing up first the "let's get busy, here's what we really need to do"... and then following on with the chapters that show "the why", and mentioning more online references that readers could click on in the digital version to expand their knowledge of the tech ...more
Jeff Tunseth
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Makes a pretty good case for transitioning creative rights from our current copyright system, which overwhelmingly puts value in the hands of corporate entities, to a remuneration rights model, which distributes profits more fairly to the creative artist.

If you are a creative, and you depend on copyright for some of your income, it would be worth a read to see what a totally open system might entail, and how it might impact your income.
Ankit Gupta
Very interesting and important concept around data and knowledge sharing in today's world. "Remuneration rights instead of monopoly rights" Quite simple and yet seems very powerful. The author has kept the concepts and language very easy to understand. Nice short read! ...more
Lisa
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Concise, readable, and very timely.
KaZio1993

• Extra allt
  • Underland: A Deep Time Journey
  • Your Brain Is a Time Machine: The Neuroscience and Physics of Time
  • Why Fish Don't Exist: A Story of Loss, Love, and the Hidden Order of Life
  • Gruppens grepp: Hur vi fördomsfulla flockvarelser kan lära oss leva tillsammans
  • Moon Rising (Luna #3)
  • Bring Them Home (DS Karen Hart #1)
  • The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can't Stand Positive Thinking
  • Introdukton till kriminologi
  • Connected: The Surprising Power of Our Social Networks and How They Shape Our Lives
  • Arkitektens hem
  • The Photographer's Saga
  • The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2)
  • Wojna w blasku dnia. Księga I (Demoniczny Cykl, #3A)

News & Interviews