Start by marking “Repercussions” as Want to Read:
Repercussions

Repercussions

B.L. Olson’s debut novel Repercussions releases August 27th!

Nobody just decides to be a hot mess.
I think somewhere along the way it just became who I was and I gracefully accepted the role…

I feel so utterly stuck. Unwanted by anyone I could ever see myself with and alone despite having two “roommates” who constantly hover and meddle in my life.

There are definitely repercu
ebook
Published August 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Repercussions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Repercussions

Coco.V
May 21, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/21/2019)! 🎁
Julie Moss
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything you are looking for in a great read! Laughter, love, angst, and twists I didn’t see coming!

Annie and Wyatt both experienced pain in past relationships, and yet what starts out as banter blooms into something more. With each other, they are able to begin a healing process and grow with one another. They support each other, and form a beautiful relationship. With a meddling mother, and a very honest grandma, Annie and Wyatt have a great support system. Grandma Hazel had me
Mary
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From start to finish this book was AMAZING!!! Wyatt and Annie are both dealing with some deep emotional scars. Together they challenge one another and fight to make each other best they can be.
Not only did this story have a deep emotional side but it also had hilarious family moments as well that really made you laugh out loud and smile. I honestly couldn't put this book down and I can't wait for book number 2!!
Kim Villines
No star rating as I am having some difficulty being impartial. If this book were made into a movie, it would be a romantic comedy, no doubt about it. It was a quick & easy read, although the subject matter wasn’t always light. There is a happy ending. I look forward to passing this on so more people are exposed to this contemporary author.
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm simply amazed that Repercussions is B.L. Olson's debut book, because if I would have never guessed that fact if I hadn't seen it in writing. Poor Annie is a hot mess, who gets herself in the most entertaining (for me)/embarrassing (for her) predicaments. Her last relationship really took a toll on her, so she's been gun shy about putting herself out there in dating, and her writing career since. She's got a meddling mother who tries to set her up with all kinds of men, which drives her crazy ...more
Mary Dean
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a debut novel! I am completely and fully in love with this book. This is the story of accident prone "hot mess" Annie and her sexy brooding new neighbor Wyatt. The relationship of these two is awesome. It's real. It's strong. It's hilarious. It's passionate. From the first moment they meet these two are challenging each other. While they are keeping each other on their toes, they are also what each other needs to heal and be happy. Annie is dealing with issues from an abusive relations ...more
Heather
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me preface my review by saying that I am not generally a fan of the romance genre, and I'm really not a fan of books written in the first person. That said, this book just about changed my mind about all that.

Annie and Wyatt's story is so funny and intense that it just draws you in. I've long avoided the romance genre because I despise weak heroines and perfect heroes. There is none of that here. Annie is a strong woman, living life on her terms, and Wyatt is a flawed-but-lovable man who al
Debbie Feigel
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is the author's debut and it is incredible. I read it in two sittings because you will want to keep reading. The plot is interesting and cohesive with a great flow. Her character development is flawless and she makes you feel the characters' emotions. There is suspense woven around the love story of Annie and Wyatt, both broken hearted souls. You will adore Wyatt's Grandma Hazel. I love how the author structured her chapters with a repercussion for each chapter. Annie is adorable, her ...more
A.K. MacBride
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Debut Novel? No way!
You'll be uttering these same words once you've finished Repercussions. From the getgo, Annie is a character that is so easy to root for.
Life has not been kind to her and when we meet our heroine she's definitely at her lowest point.
Enter a brooding, gunslinging neighbor who has not had it any easier.
With Annie's sassy mouth and Wyatt's dislike of everything, you know sparks are bound to fly and fly they did.
With a meddling mother, a straight-talking friend and one eccent
Sharon Jones
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog.
I am in absolute awe that this is BL Olson's debut novel. This is such a wonderful read. There are parts in this book that had me crying in laughter, it was incredibly hilarious. Then add in the plot twists and I just couldn't put the book down - I even snuck in little reads at work!!
Wyatt and Annie have quite a few things in common, and it all isn't happy and cheery. But this is what allows them to step out of their comfort zones, and move ba
Zetta Bam
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING BOOK!!!!
This book is going to leave you speechless and amazed!
Annie is an accident waiting to happen and life just keeps on knocking her down buy Wyatt turns her world upside down.
The begging of this book had me laughing so hard, I couldn't stop.
The flow of the book and the characters was something totally out of this world.
If you are looking for an amazing read with some laughing, Tears and anxious to know what is going to happen next, I recommend you read this book.
I still can't believ
Marina Skinner
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!
This story was absolutely unputdownable!!
Between quirky accident prone Annie and her family and friends to Wyatt and his funny grandma, I laughed more than alot. I commiserated in certain parts too. This was such a good story that made me want to be friends with the characters. There were also some really sad moments that brought on some hard times for the characters. Some of the words uttered by Annie...very laugh out loud!!
Such a beautifully written emotional but also uplif
Stephanie Newell
Looking forward to Book 2! =)

I picked this adorable debut up the day is came out.
I just finished it and I must say it quickly became a favorite! I could not put it down!

The story of Annie and Wyatt keeps you sucked in from front to back. The supporting characters are such a riot in each of their own ways. (I found myself nodding while I read....Annie's mother is much like my own! Haha)

You will laugh (a lot,) roll your eyes at them, cry, smile but most of all fall in love with these small town k
Jordan Bates
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for a hot cop and a mess of a librarian then you’ve come to the right place. B.L Olson has created a lovely debut novel that will make you want to swoon and then punch something at the same time.

The back and forth between Annie and Wyatt will be having your head spinning, but in a good way. Learning along with these two and how they work together makes their relationship so much more solidified when reading.

The journey that you’ll be taken on is one that had me laughing, swoo
Randi
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Olson has a knack for getting inside her characters' heads and adding a great amount of depth. Annie is raw and real and the humor in her inner dialogue left me in stitches. Her meet cute with Wyatt? Unforgettable! Repercussions has an awesome ensemble of side characters and all of them enhance the story. The families in general are incredibly realistic and easy to relate to! Grandma Hazel is hilarious and Annie's meddling mom reminds me of many mothers out there. It was great seeing Annie and W ...more
Susanne Scott
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great read. It's been in my tbr list for a while, and seeing those sunflowers kept making me want to read it. This is a new to me author and this was her debut novel. I have to say it was certainly packed with heart and story. I loved the characters and the humour in the dialogue between Annie and Wyatt and grandma hazel was awesome. Just when you thought nothing more bad could happen to either character, life kicks them again. I love that they came through to the other side stronger ...more
Mary Mccormack
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To read about an feel someone’s absolute misery and being abused emotionally, mentally, and then physically just makes your heart absolutely break to start this book. Then not healed, but at least maintaining some semblance of life you witness life taking an absolute crap on her. It kicks her so hard that she ends up with a gun pointed at her chest getting threatened with the police. Can she and the owner heal each other or will they continue to stumble through the darkness alone? Very good book ...more
BookLover
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing debut by this author!! I couldn’t read this book fast enough. The characters are real and raw. They drag you into the story with the emotions and experiences from the past. The suspense keeps you flipping pages as fast as humanly possible. The love story is one that you come to love and cherish.

Annie and Wyatt are both broken, hurting people. The side character who steals the show is grandma Hazel. She sure is a character!! There is a ton of laughter and family is big in this bo
Amanda Poppen
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I freaking loved this book!!! ❤ When reading you should be able to feel the characters emotions and boy could I with Repercussions! All of Annie’s embarrassing moments, the heartbreak, the suspense, the hilarity. ALL OF IT. And Wyatt *swoon*! Just seriously, like a knight in shining armor, swooping in when you need him! Although he has his own demons to battle. Seriously, go one click this now, you won’t regret it! ...more
Brandie Breaux
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book and was amazed that it was a debut novel! Annie is everything you would want in a BFF, and I love her embarrassing, quirky ways; Wyatt is just too steamy; and when these two get together, it is amazing! I love their chemistry, and I love that this story made me feel so many different emotions without tearing out my heart. Great job, and I cannot wait for more from BL Olson!
Gwen Shafer
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute and Enjoyable

This is the first book I have read from this writer. It was funny interesting touching enjoyable. I loved every single moment of this storyline. I love how these two get together and stay together. There is one very touching moment in this book where I got a little teary eyed. But these two take you on quite the ride. B.l Olson gained a fan with this one. Two great characters with amazing chemistry. A must read about overcoming your past and moving on.
Jennifer Richey
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first page had me laughing but as I read I got emotional with Annie and Wyatt’s story! What these two went through sure they are a mess and what started out on a fence and a doushbag neighbor well your just going to have to read their story! I promise you will Laugh and you just might cry too! I can’t wait to read more from this author!
Jennifer Shiflett
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved it! I connected with Annie a lot seeing as I am a clumsy, hot mess myself. And Wyatt was extremely appealing. Sexy, protective, and broken by his past.

Throw in a meddling mother, a grandmother that I want to be when I get older, and you have a great story by a debut author.

Looking forward to reading more of Brit’s words as soon as she writes them.
Linda Landers
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Misfits Together

Annie and Wyatt have a love/hate relationship until they admit otherwise. For a debut book, this was very well written. I kept pushing to know when I would learn Wyatt’s final hurt when I already thought I had guessed. I am waiting for Maddie’s book next. (At least I hope so!). I also liked reading the repercussions at the beginning of each chapter.
Kathy Seabrease
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A hot, funny, poignant mess

Loved this book! Writing all sides of 2 broken people, like Annie and Wyatt, their deepest and darkest sorrows while infusing humor made the reading so much more endearing... Truly LOL at times...
Dana
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
🌟4.5 stars🌟

It is hard to believe this is a debut novel from Ms. Olson!!!

I immediately had a connection with both Annie and Wyatt. They both deserved so much happiness. I can not imagine the pain that Wyatt lived with.

I’m looking forward to reading more from Ms. Olson.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
It is hard to believe this is a debut novel from Ms. Olson!!!

I’m looking forward to reading more from Ms. Olson.

Reviewed by: Dana D.
Realmommybooks
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tears and MORE tears.
I won’t spoil it for anyone but let me tell you that you will fall in love with Annie and Wyatt. If you are looking for a book with love, laughs and Tears this book is for you.
I feel like EVERYONE needs to read this book. I totally need more of this series. I need more of Grandma Hazel she was the BEST.
Patty
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fucking funny

Using the word that both primary characters loved to use, this book was “fucking” funny. In addition, it proved that a romance novel could be written where every other page was not 5 orgasms in a round of sex, and be one of the best romance novels. I laughed because I love a good female character with a hot temper. This was a fun read- if was a completely different romance from those that I typically read. It wasn’t thes typical crotch
~ but a good, funny, interesting read.
Joleen Grace
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first read by this author and it was a funny and interesting journey. Annie sure was a hot mess and the predicaments she got herself into had me laughing sometimes and then her luck made me sad too. They way she met Wyatt was one for the record books. So hysterical !!
Author B.L. Olson, or Brit for those she is not in trouble with, is a self-proclaimed hot mess who survives off of a steady stream of coffee and pizza. She resides in the PNW where she balances writing, reading, and psych courses.