Start by marking “The Trees Have Eyes: Horror Stories From The Forest” as Want to Read:
The Trees Have Eyes: Horror Stories From The Forest

The Trees Have Eyes: Horror Stories From The Forest

If someone screams in the forest and no one is around, will they regret ever making a sound?

Stepping into the forest, you're surrounded by the natural grandeur of a world which has no need of you. The silence is so heavy that you can hear your blood thundering through your veins. The stir of dry leaves in the darkness could be your friend finding his way back, but it

Published July 1st 2018 by Haunted House Publishing LLC (first published June 9th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Trees Have Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trees Have Eyes

Start your review of The Trees Have Eyes: Horror Stories From The Forest
Live
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I find this excellenet collection of horror stories really surprised me, it was alot better then i expected scary wise and I would really recomend it to enyone who enjoys horror stories. The lenght of each story was great for my part as i often read on my commute to work of almost always finnished a story right before I got there, as a person who hates to leave off in the middle this was great.
Cheryl
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a 3.5 star read.

An eclectic mix of short stories of the weird, eerie and, at times, horrifying persuasion, all with a theme of forests/nature. As is common with such a collection it was a little uneven in quality and, even as a connoisseur of short stories, I found the book too long and wieldy. It could quite easily be divided into two volumes making it a far easier readable anthology.

There were SO many stories but my favourite's were:

World's Oldest Tree
Crosses In The Field
Scarecrow
Rain
T
Jackie
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent selection of horror stories. Some very scary and others mild. Didn’t take me long to read, had me gripped to the very end.
Kaylor
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a decent horror read. Most of the stories were connected to the forest or at the very least, some form of wilderness. Some were truly nightmarish, but there were a few that were actually quite tame and even a few that didn't make a whole lot of sense. ...more
Noelle Brake
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Luna
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2019
I received an advanced reader digital copy from the author's website for an honest review

Like with all anthologies there will always be stronger stories and weak stories. I found myself really kind of wondering when I was going to get to the end of the book at one point because a lot of the stories just seemed to drag on even though they were fairly short. The overall theme of the book was stories dealing with the woods or the unknown. The forest, like the ocean, has always held a fascination wi
Lisa
Oct 09, 2020 rated it liked it
These were generally fun, but hit-or-miss. Some of the stories really needed an editor. The very last one in the book, Lucie and Snaggletooth, was probably my favorite. You could feel what was coming, but still a pretty shocking tale.
Roxie Prince
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read this review and more on my blog at [Roxie Writes].

‘The Trees Have Eyes: Horror Stories from the Forest’ by Various Authors
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4/5
Finished on July 2, 2018
GIVEN A FREE COPY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW
FREE on Kindle Unlimited | $2.99 on Kindle | $17.99 in Paperback

BOOK DESCRIPTION:

Blythe
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
While I don't think you're likely to find a story in here that will give you nightmares, there's some wonderful stuff in this compilation: gorgeous descriptive writing, and some concepts that are pretty unsettling.

My one real complaint is how poor the editing is. Typos and formatting errors abound, and at points random words are used that make no sense. (My guess is the original work was written on a phone and autocorrect changed words, but these sorts of things should have been caught as the co
Elaine Fisher
Aug 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
aHorror Stories From the Forest

Unfortunately, I read this entire book hoping for a really good juicy horror story that would keep me awake at night, hiding under the covers, afraid to turn off the light, afraid to let any of my append-
ages hang off the bed for fear of some unknown monster grabbing them, and hoping for the story that would stick with me and I might want to retell later. Sadly, I found none of these., just mediocre stories mostly about people camping or getting scared or attacked.
Book lover
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quite a treat

A generous collection of horror stories. Some stories could pass for psychological thrillers. The storylines were unique and enjoyable. Incorporating mythology, the supernatural and plain old insanity. I recommend this book to horror fans looking for something different with a little twist to it. Available on kindle unlimited, I hope they have more books like this one.
Rikke Petersen
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I really don't know what to say; some of the stories were great, but it was like finding pearls in gravel. I think I might have expected too much of the "concept". Still I give it 3 stars because when it's good, it's really damn good. Also there are many stories, so you get something for your money. =) ...more
Janice E. Ryberg
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Easy 4.5 stars for this collection of scary stories

None of these stories are too complicated or cruel and it was great fun reading for an hour or two (or maybe a little more) before sleeping.
Absolutely enjoyable stories starting with camp stories similar to ones I remember frightening my younger brothers with. Don't miss this fun collection!
Annemarie
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great collection of short stories by various authors. It's interesting to see how diverse these stories are, yet all with the underlying Forest theme.

Some of the stories: Scarecrow; Don't Stop on Route 33; The Wall in Grandpa's Backyard; Camp Credence; The Last Bus; The Devil's Cauldron; Seeker and Lucie & Snaggletooth, this reader found especially disturbing. Happy reading. Annemarie
Janice
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, kindle
This was a freebie Kindle book. I'm interested in stories that explore how forests and woods can affect us.

Most of these pieces were little vignettes, like stories told over a campfire, rather than complete stories. That means they were good for dipping into whenever you needed to read something undemanding. Most of the horror is on the level of "and she got out and there was a HOOK handing from her door handle!!!!!!11!!1!" variety. But that's not necessarily bad. Some are genuinely creepy.

A go
Beth
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
These stories were more miss than hit. And the book seemed interminable.
Alison Pilorz
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Several stories have editing mistakes (Or could have used some editing) but overall it's pretty good! Enjoyable stories ...more
Maurício  da Fonte Filho
Achei a qualidade dos contos bem irregular. Alguns foram muito bons, mas outros foram mal escritos. Também fiquei incomodado com a quantidade de erros de diagramação e revisão.
Rose Haskins
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exciting short stories

All of the stories were full of twist and turns. It didn't take long to get through this book. Then I was saddened cause there was no more.
mel toland
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a good collection of horror stories, taking place in and around the woods. 44 stories in all. Some are better than others, of course, but all in all a good selection. Recommended.
Ron Tunnell
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, horror
Very, very good content. However, the book needs better editing for typos.
Eric
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
An amateurish collection of forest-themed horror in dire need of a copy editor. This endless juvenile slog was only redeemed by work from Gemma Amor and William Stuart.
C.J
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really great book, all the authors really delivered. I became fan of Tobias and Blair with this book. I love anything scary and reading this I wasn't disappointed. ...more
Amy Ballester
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Great collection of stories. Each story was well written and engaging. Definitely worth it. I will think twice before going camping or out to any woods. Lol
Jane
Mar 10, 2019
Brad
Sep 22, 2018
Mitch Tarazon
rated it did not like it
Jul 19, 2018

• Daughters of Darkness
  • The Horror Collection: Gold Edition
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 2
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 1
  • If I Die Before I Wake: Tales of Karma and Fear (The Better Off Dead Series #1)
  • The Monsters We Forgot: Volume 1
  • Small Horrors: A Collection of Fifty Creepy Stories
  • Dark Visions
  • Tavistock Galleria: Short Horror Stories From America’s Retail Wasteland
  • Tales from the Gas Station: Volume One (Tales from the Gas Station #1)
  • Cruel Works of Nature: 11 Illustrated Horror Novellas
  • The Horror Collection: White Edition
  • Terror in the Shadows: Volume 1
  • Nightmareland
Former neuroscience researcher, born again horror writer. During my studies, it struck me as odd that I could learn so much about why humans behave without understanding the intricacies of human nature. It occurred to me that I learned more about the depths of human experience from reading Dostoyevsky than I ever had from my text books, and I was inspired to write.

Download my horror collection for

News & Interviews

Signed up for the 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge and looking for tips on how to discover and read more books? We’ve got your back. (And if...