Start by marking “Fusion (North Star #2)” as Want to Read:
Fusion (North Star #2)

Fusion

(North Star #2)

A love story comes out of the shadows.

Everyone in Kevin’s life knows him as straight rather than bisexual. There was no need to come out until now, but loving Hugo is worth any prejudice he’ll encounter. Hugo does his best to be patient while Kevin navigates his way toward openness, but he refuses to be put back in a closet for long.

Kevin wants to tell his kids without s
Kindle Edition, 2 edition, 364 pages
Published July 24th 2018 by Boho Press (first published November 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fusion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fusion

Anke
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tina

Wonderful sequel of Sparks. Adored Kevin and Hugo.

Loved Erin, too. What happens to her broke my heart.
The story focused too much on her fate, though. A bit more Hugo-and-Kevin-all-allone would have been more my thing.

Now on to Flare, the third book of the trilogy.
Emily Seelye
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m
Jenni
Hugo and Kevin, Kevin and Hugo: how I love thee.

*sigh*

Before I get started, Fusion is the sequel to Spark. You can read my thoughts about Spark here. Briefly, though, Spark is where you learn who Hugo and Kevin are and what makes them tick. They met and fell in love in high school, but went their separate ways for many years. While Hugo was out of the closet and living his life as an actor and voice-over guy, Kevin got married and had two kids. In Spark, they reunite (after Kevin’s relationship
Karen
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Fusion' is the second book in Posy Roberts 'North Star' trilogy and it follows the relationship between Hugo and Kevin. That certain events were totally unexpected is an understatement. Events happen that cause are unforeseen not only in what happens but the impact that they leave on the lives of all concerned.

While I definitely enjoyed this part of the story more than the first book admittedly I'm not finding myself as taken with the story in general as I was with 'Fall Into You' or 'Feathers
SueM
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While Kevin and Hugo continue to find their way to each other, and to build a life with Kevin's children, I found I was in tears in several places, as what was happening in their lives was something I had experienced myself. Without wanting to give the plot away, I find myself wanting to give a warning to those who may need it - hence the spoiler.

(view spoiler)
Sandra
I really liked this second book in the trilogy. Despite its sad plot, it was close to perfect as a continuation, with richly developed characters and an easy, organic flow. Love!
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
**This review is a collaboration**

4 Stars

Tracy: Ugh, I’m torn because I loved Hugo and Kevin and I couldn’t wait to get to the next installment of their story. There were things I really enjoyed about the story. I’m kinda scared to write this review because I have a feeling it’ll turn into a bitchfest.

Mari: You and me both, Tracy. While I loved many aspects of this book, there are others that made me want to throw my kindle at something (or someone *cough* Kevin *cough*)

Tracy: I love Hugo and
Katie
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I usually don’t really trust stories that go after HFN into new book with new complications to deal with. I mean, I love everything to be tied together, and then next set of characters. Otherwise, it’s suspicious.

This book did the same. The new book brought so many new events, with one complication/event being extremely tragic. When Erin gets those bad news, the whole situation changes. Hugo and Kevin were prepared to start new life together, and Kevin’s divorce was supposed to be finalised.

But
Jess A Jaye
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow I read North Star books one and two back-to-back and just wow. How have I not read this series before. It is sooooo good. I'd been hearing good things and it's true what everyone says - I loved it.
Hugo and Kevin are everything. They are such a great couple and totally deserve to finally be together again after being high school boyfriends and then losing touch. In this book just when you think they will finally get their HEA after being reunited in book one and get the life they want tragedy
Ricardo
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it
It was definitely different from the first one in the series. Not better or worse, just different. There was much more emphasis on Erin. I couldn’t help but feel that the book somehow became “the Hugo show” and after a while I started to wonder if they were going to make him a saint or elect him for president or something like that
Denise GremoryKohta
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

If you thought Spark was good, you’ll love Fusion. It’s an even more emotional read. We really get to see Hugo and Kevin at some seriously intense moments. It made me fall more in love with them. You get a strong idea of what they are going to be dealing with next as well. Luckily they do a lot of growing in this one to prepare them. Have tissues ready because you will need them.
Lee
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that I liked the first book better. Too many things and situations are predictable and keep the plot from soaring. Because I already own the third book in the series, I'll most likely read it, but not right now.
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could be biased brcause I’m a huge fan of Posy Roberts, she is one of my favorite authors, but this second installment in the North Star series was simply amazing. I already met these characters in Spark but here in Fusion, things are on another level. The emotions were so deep I admit I had to stop for a few minutes sometimes, yes I shed tears more than a couple of times but it was inevitable to me. This novel hurt me, the themes the author used hit my memories very hard. I struggled with the ...more
Melissa
Just finished Fusion by Posy Roberts and I can't make heads or tails of my emotions right now. My eyes are swollen and hurt but it's the good kind of hurt. I think the last time I cried this much while reading a book was Something Like Autumn by Jay Bell I need time to process... I'll review tomorrow. I need to sleep now, my face, head, and heart hurt But I loved it.

*Edit* 12/28/2013

*Tissue Warning* (Like seriously, I was bawling through most of this book and probably used half a box of Kleenex.
Maggie Simms
Warning: review might be spoilerish...

The three stars go to the flawless writing.

It's taking me over a week after finishing the book to write a review. Maybe because I wanted to be fair. After reading the first book, I wanted more Kevin/Hugo. I wanted to see how their romance progressed and how their relationship develops through the ups and downs that they were going to face.

After reading it, I felt cheated. There wasn't much Kevin/Hugo going on; however, there was a hell of a LOT of Erin. I
Pjm12
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very tough read. Our heroes have a lot to deal with, and we see them through the entire process. It could be argued there is too much about Erin's trials and there is a lot, but we are seeing how the boys react, and how they find each amidst this sea of sadness.

Gosh it's sad.

The writing is meticulous, almost languorous. We hear every detail, every nuance, every thought. The children are just as crucial, as is Summer and Erin's newly introduced brother, Russell.

I was glad that Kevin had Hugo. I
Rick
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 is just as good as Book 1 if not better!!! The story really comes ALIVE in this book!!! WARNING: this is a tear jerker!!!! EXCELLENT BOOK!!!!! I can't wait until Book 3 comes out to find out what happens next - I'm addicted to these people!!!!!!
jagr9563
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to jagr9563 by: Posy Roberts
Shelves: ebooks, m-m, romance
Sharon Blanton
I wanted to love this cause I love book 1 and want Hugo & Kevin to be happy, but I've read this story & plot before. Way too much Erin not enough of Hugo and Kevin.
Amy Dufera
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a must read! I absolutely love this series!!!!
Leigh
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book hurts, but in a completely beautiful way.
Amy Dufera
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The North Star series by Posy Roberts is one of the first male/male series that I read and it remains dear to my heart to this day, making this re-edited and re-released edition that much more special.

In Fusion, book two, Kevin and Hugo are now a couple, with Kevin remaining closeted. His divorce is almost final when his soon to be ex-wife, Erin, asks Kevin to keep the kids for a bit as she isn’t feeling well. In doing so, Kevin’s daughter figures out that Hugo and her dad are dating, and is ask
Becca Waldrop
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, it's 6 in the morning. Im super sleepy now, but I wasn't while I read this book. Maybe I ignored it. I knew I needed to sleep, but I'd get to the end of one chapter and I'd be like, 'ok I need to see what happens next.’ Right? Well, I get to the end of that chapter and I'd be like, 'well how are they going to react to that?’ I'd have to keep reading. To the point, I finished the book. It was so good. But I am going to tell you right now, you need a giant box of Kleenex for this book. It's ...more
Carra
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
After how much I loved the first book in this trilogy (Spark), I couldn’t wait to dive right in to Fusion to see how Hugo and Kevin’s relationship would progress. What was waiting for me was a lot of angst, drama, and a continual unsure feeling throughout the story as Erin’s “grim news” turns into the major story arc.

For me, the heavy concentration on that news and its affect on the entire family did become almost overwhelming at times. It does provoke character growth for Hugo, but even more so
ButtonsMom2003
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xd-assigned-read
This is such a good series!

Fusion is book two in the Northstar Trilogy and you need to read book one, Spark, before reading it. This series is such a beautiful second chance love story – one of my favorite tropes – and it's turning out to be one of my all-time favorite series.

Things get pretty heavy and emotional in this book when Kevin's soon-to-be ex-wife gets devastating health news. This installment of the trilogy is about how this news affects Kevin and Hugo's relationship and the family un
Susana
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Terri
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one hurt. Kevin and Hugo were still so much in love, but now that Kevin needed to support Erin, things became very complicated. I adored all three of these people, as well as the wonderful children they loved. There was so much pain throughout this story, but there was such a focus on what being a family really meant. Erin and Kevin were Brooke and Finn's parents, but in so many ways, Hugo was, too. This family was just wonderful. I loved watching Hugo trying to overcome his relationship in ...more
Laurie
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow. After the first story, I wasn’t sure about Kevin and Hugo. And the ending with Kevin’s ex-wife left me wondering where the story was going to go. While the first book was good, I wasn’t as invested in it, but this second book pulled me in.

This book is such an emotional rollercoaster. There is every emotion is there. Laughter, joy, fears, sadness, anger and pain. And the story is written so you feel every emotion right along side every one of the characters. And I did need tissues at various
Claudia
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was excruciatingly long. I was on for the angts but this felt less like the story of Hugo and Kevin and more like "100 reasons Hugo should parent this kids". I didn't feel that the issues that arose between the MCs from the news Erin got were really compelling for them to be apart. Hugo seemed really selfish which was out of character with what we had already seen from him and what we saw later. I was expecting moe issues between Hugo and Erin but nothing happened there. As of now, I'm not ...more
Dreamspinner Press: Fusion by Posy Roberts 1 7 Dec 15, 2013 07:33PM
  • Encore (Blue Notes, #5)
  • Salvage (Salvage Stories, #1)
  • The Little Things
  • Blackbird Knitting in a Bunny's Lair (Granby Knitting #4)
  • Learning Curve (Life Lessons, #4)
  • Riding Tall (The Fall, #2)
  • Echoes of Us
  • The Coil
  • King Perry (The Lost and Founds, #1)
  • Get Your Shine On
  • Northern Star
  • Private Display of Affection
  • Dirty Deeds (Cole McGinnis, #4)
  • Last First Kiss (Southern Comfort #1)
  • Only Love (Only Love, #1)
  • The Sky Is Dead
  • Buried Bones (Bones #2)
Posy Roberts started reading romance when she was young, sneaking peeks at adult books long before she should’ve. Textbooks eventually replaced the novels, and for years she existed without reading for fun. When she finally picked up a romance two decades later, it was like slipping on a soft hoodie . . . that didn’t quite fit like it used to. She wanted something more.

She wanted to read about men

North Star (3 books)
  • Spark (North Star #1)
  • Flare (North Star #3)
“Hugo could smell the fresh scent of apples all around him, and he realized he’d never go to an orchard again without thinking of Erin being lifted toward that perfect apple and the smile on her face as she took a bite.” 0 likes