Start by marking “The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker” as Want to Read:
The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker

The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker

‘I will never forget the night I drowned…’

A village with something to hide.

Seventeen-year-old Eleanor Parker wakes up cold and alone in the river that twists through her quiet village. She has no memory of how she got there. But she does know that another girl was drowned in the same river the summer before, held under the water by an unknown killer…

A community torn apart.
ebook
Published July 26th 2018 by Bookouture

Start your review of The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker
BernLuvsBooks
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, ya-books, netgalley
🕵️‍4 Death Defying Stars for The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker⚰️

The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker is an intriguing YA thriller with a paranormal twist. Eleanor Parker wakes up in the local river - cold, half-dressed, water spraying from her mouth and no idea how she got there. From the start, you can't help but become engrossed in Eleanor's search for the truth. How did she end up in the river? Why does she have no memory of it?

"The memories are still just out of reach but there are
Kaceey
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
So it’s October... everyone is doing their spooky Halloween reads and I didn’t want to miss out on the fun. Only problem is...I scare easily, and have to tip-toe through all the spookiness!
This was the perfect pseudo-scary read for me!

Eleanor wakes up on the bank of a river. No memory of what happened or how she got there. In a fog of confusion she slowly makes her way home. She can’t fight the deep-seeded chill welling up inside her.
Then the awful reality sets in as she realizes… she’s dead...
Berit☀️✨
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Bewitching Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟

This was a young adult thriller with a paranormal twist and it was brilliant! I’d like to encourage you to read this book with an open mind and the understanding that not everything in this book is “believable“... because the only way it is possible for somebody to investigate their own murder is for there to be a supernatural element... requiring us the reader to stretch our imagination.... for me this just was the perfect shift making an ordinary story extraordinary!

Carrie
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker by Kerry Wilkinson is the sort of book that a reader like myself that enjoys many different genres craves. Even the author admits this one is tough to put into a genre as it’s a bit different for sure. I suppose I’d best describe this one as a young adult supernatural thriller that should appeal to many readers.

The story begins with seventeen year old Eleanor Parker waking up beside the river with no real memory of how she came to be there. As Ellie heads hom
Liz
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley

I’m a huge fan of Kerry Wilkinson. This book comes off as more of a YA mystery and didn’t grab me the way his Jessica Daniels books do.

It’s a different premise. The book starts with Eleanor coming to in the middle of the river, with no memory of how she got there. But she has the feeling that she had died and come back to life. Her lack of three of the five senses (taste, smell and touch) bolster her belief. But folks still know she’s there, she’s not a ghost. Her brother’s girlfriend was drown
Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
I think that The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker can be an intriguing YA thriller with the paranormal side to it for readers. However, I don't do well with supernatural elements sometimes. I get lost and then I lose interest. Unfortunately, thats what happened here and I just went through the motions just to get through it. Just a case of the wrong reader for this book.
Holly
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
I honestly can’t believe how much I liked this book—completely took me by surprise. Which really shouldn’t surprise me as I enjoy Kerry’s books as a general rule.

From the beginning we know that Eleanor has died, almost exactly a year ago that another girl had died. It’s a very small town in England, where everyone knows each other and what’s going on. So who killed Eleanor? This begins a week of her trying to solve her own death. Even suspicious of her closest friends and brother.

I will say thi
Kaila
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, 2018, netgalley
The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker isn't your typical young adult mystery — it's a genre-defying, original spin on investigating your own murder ... after the fact.

Ellie Parker is just your average teenage girl who suddenly finds herself with a slew of not-so-average problems when she wakes up on a riverbank with large gaps in her memory. Last night might be a blur, but she has the unsettling certainty that she was drowned the previous evening.  And it's not just Ellie's memory that's gone—she
Selena
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
I received a free copy of The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker by Kerry Wilkinson from NetGalley for my honest review.

This book was a different read for me. Although it was a thriller it was more paranormal. Eleanor wakes up in a river and has to drag herself out. She doesn't remember how she got there but she does remember that someone held her under the water, trying to drowning her, and has bruises to prove it.

Eleanor doesn't sleep, eat or feel any pain. She knows she is alive because she ca
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a thrilling and fantastic read!
I have read Kerry Wilkinson's books before and they are always a great read.

Each one of his novels is filled with tension and mystery. In the Death and Life of Eleanor Parker, our hero Eleanor wakes up in a river in the middle of the night.
With no memory of what happened to her, she goes home where she discovers she is not technically really alive anymore? Her skin is gray and she has no appetite for food or anything.

Eleanor tries to discover what has happene
Lou
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very strange sort of novel. For starters, the concept is extremely odd to say the least, although I am pretty sure I have heard of it being used before in other titles - that's nothing new though. We all know it's nigh on impossible to produce a completely original idea for a book as everything has been done to death by this point.

"The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker" skirts the line between the young adult and mystery/thriller genres - equal parts coming-of-age novel and murder myste
Chloe
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
17 year old Eleanor wakes up cold in a riverbank with no memory of what happened to her last night. She is covered with bruises but more importantly she’s dead.She goes home and realizes she does not have her senses of smell or taste and is always cold but people can see her and talk to her . So is she a ghost and how can she investigate her murder when no one knows she is dead?

Death and Life of Eleanor Parker is a YA murder mystery with a paranormal twist. It’s a different, light engaging summe
Hans
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a great fan of the Jessica Daniel series. This was an entirely different take on storytelling. I couldn't relate to the supernatural part. All in all it was a bit disappointing.
- ̗̀ DANY  ̖́- (danyreads)
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2018-reads
. : ☾⋆ — 5 ★

READ THIS REVIEW ON MY BLOG!!!

arc provided from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review (thank you Bookouture!!)

this book is so unique and so original and just funky enough to be a goodreads favorite and i’m so mad that it’s only coming out on kindle because it honestly deserves to be in the NYT bestseller’s list with a huge promo following and book tours and stuff and it deserves to have twitter and goodreads hype behind it and for the har
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

So color me surprised, but this book was pretty damn fantastic. The writing was great. It was well paced. The plot was super engaging and had me hooked from the start. The characters were intriguing. Throw in a twist that I DID NOT see coming, and you have a cracking good way to spend a few hours. I will definitely be checking out more books by this author.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Kirsty ❤️
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this a lot even if it wasn't perfect and I wanted a different ending. I had no issues with the whodunnit part but well, you need to read it and decide for yourself but I wanted a less perfect end.

Eleanor wakes up in a river and by rights should be dead. She then sets out to discover from a handful of people who may have been the one to kill her. It's YA so not as gritty as this premise could be and she's no Nancy Drew but I did like the internal monologue as she went about her task sh
The Nerd Daily
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Tasha Leigh

"Life’s a lot like a well made sandwich. The two ends are kinda boring but what truly matters is all the fancy stuff in the middle."

Eleanor Parker lives in the quiet town of Westby with her mother and brother after her father died. It’s a town where nothing ever really happens. Except for when the post office got broken into last week. And when that girl, Sarah, got murdered last year and found in the river. In the lead up to the anni
Julie Parks
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, thriller
This is definitely a hype-generating book. Eerie and wild with imagination.

I like a good mystery within a mystery as in the borders of reality are stretched.

I tend to go through books in two ways - devour them overnight, highlighting most of the pages and falling so madly in love with at least some of the characters that I redefine parts of my life by them. Or read the Prologue (1 chapter), put it down to think about it, come back...keep reading...jump to the last chapter not being able to stand
Gary
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have only recently started reading and enjoying author Kerry Wilkinson's books so was keen to try this stand alone. I loved this book and found it different to many books I have read recently, in a good way.
Eleanor Parker died approximately a year after another girl had died in a small town in England where everyone knows each other's business. Seventeen-year-old Eleanor Parker wakes up cold in the river that runs through the village. Her memory is vague and has no idea how she got there but s
Ashleigh
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker follows the titular character who wakes up in a river early on a Sunday morning, unsure of just how she got there. Walking home barefoot, she can't seem to shake off the feeling of being extremely cold (unusual during the summer weather), and she finds she can't eat, sleep or feel anything anymore. Eleanor quickly comes to the conclusion that she's dead and she's pretty sure someone murdered her last night.

This is taking place a year after her brother's
Wendi Lee
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
In a very small town, Eleanor awakens with the realization that she’s dead, and that someone murdered her. She doesn’t remember who or why, so everyone is a suspect. It also seems highly coincidental (or not?) that this happened on the anniversary of another girl’s death.

This novel is edged with paranormal elements that I had to suspend my disbelief over, but it’s not nearly as dark and gritty as I thought it would be. Eleanor takes everything in stride, including her own death, and her snarky
Renita D'Silva
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was one amazing book! A roller-coaster of a read! Thrilling and absolutely addictive! I love this author and this is, in y opinion one of his very best books and that's saying a lot as every one of his books is stunning!
Jay -hooked on books
Eleanor Parker wakes up in the village river. All of seventeen years of age, she has no recollection of the events that led her to the river. But she knows one thing- she is dead. Her last vivid memory is that of drowning in the river.

Along with wondering what exactly brought her back to life, she also has to confront the fact that the killer might be someone close to her. Further, she might not even be his first victim. Last year, around the same time, someone she knew had been murdered the ex
Zoë ☆
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, ebook
It wasn’t as suspenseful as I expected and I didn’t get everything, but still enjoyable!! I couldn’t guess the ending :P
Marina Channel
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
First, I don't read that many mystery books, However, I decided to give it a chance with this, since there is also a YA book.
As for the mistery part, I have to say that I am satisfy. The book kept me intrigued the whole time trying to figure it out who was the criminal. It is a good signal for me that I wasn't figuring it out until close the ending, when all the clues were sorted.
Even thought there were parts I felt totally unnecessary, the main plot kept me with the interest alive. I NEEDED A
Melissa In The City
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, arc
ALL THE STARS! 5 across the board!
Wow. I wasn't sure where this plot was heading at all through the entire book which made it that more intriguing and mysterious and thrilling. I was getting "Riverdale", "Twin Peaks", "The Lovely Bones" and "The Sixth Sense" vibes from the very beginning.
Kerry Wilkinson has done a really phenomenal job of NOT making this a cheesy horror/slasher/ghost plot which it could have easily become.
Instead, the writing is beautiful and somewhat poetic. The scenes, the fe
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker by Kerry Wilkinson satisfied my need for a gripping thriller. This mystery novel is unlike anything I’ve read before as the main character tries to solve her own murder. Eleanor is likeable and perseverant, and the writing is very suspenseful. I definitely enjoyed this one, and I would recommend it to mystery fans.This book tells the story of a girl who wakes up to remember being drowned in a river. A girl had previously been killed in the same river she was ...more
Julie Lacey
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very intriguing book and one which had me desparate to know what was really going on....
Elle wakes up by the river feeling strange and unsure how she got there.
She makes her way home but can’t remember anything about the night before. She tries to sleep but as soon as she closes her eyes she feels like she’s drowning.
Elle can’t understand what is happening, but tells us she ‘feels like she’s died.’
She tries to carry on as normal but deep down she knows something is wrong.
The village
Kayla
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
I got sent this book in exchange for a honest review, all my opinions are my own and thank you so much to the publishers for sending me this book!

I dnf'd this book because I was really bored reading it, it really wasn't my thing but I can see a lot of other people really liking this because it has a really cool premise.

This follows a teenager who wake up in the river in the same position as another girl that died a year before by a mysterious killer. Like I didn't get far enough into this book t
Claire
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-book, netgalley
Where to start with The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker? Where better than the cover and the title? The cover is very striking with the contrast between the leaves and the earth. And that title….such a twist on the established phrase and so fitting for this book!

I’ve only read one of Kerry Wilkinson’s books before but I really enjoyed it so I was intrigued when I read the blurb to The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker. I was totally intrigued why Ellie was still alive and how she could possibly
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Other Sister
  • The Pupil
  • Two Widows
  • The Arrangement
  • Who I Am
  • Perfect Girls (Detective Rachel Prince #3)
  • Blood Ties
  • The Last Wish of Sasha Cade
  • The Proposal
  • In the Absence of Miracles
  • The Perfect Friend
  • The Birthday (Detective Natalie Ward, #1)
Recent and upcoming UK releases:
A Cry In The Night (Jessica Daniel 15): 15 Jan 2020
After The Accident: 31 March 2020
The Child Across The Street: 23 July 2020
What My Husband Did: 17 Nov 2020

Kerry Wilkinson has had No.1 crime bestsellers in the UK, Australia, Canada, South Africa and Singapore. He has also written two top-20 thrillers in the United States. His book, Ten Birthdays, won the RNA award