Start by marking “That Alien Feeling (Calluvia's Royalty, #1)” as Want to Read:
That Alien Feeling (Calluvia's Royalty, #1)

That Alien Feeling

(Calluvia's Royalty #1)

An earlier alternate cover version of ASIN B071W6VWKT can be found here.

Banished by his parents to the third planet in the Sol system, Prince Harht’ngh’chaali of the Second Grand Clan is completely fascinated by its inhabitants. Assuming the human name “Harry,” he tries to pass for a human to survive, but being human is so much harder than Harry expected. Humans are so
Published June 11th 2018 (first published May 30th 2017)

Start your review of That Alien Feeling (Calluvia's Royalty, #1)
☆ Todd
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In spite of the deceptively YA-looking cover, I loved this story so hard. It'd been a while since I'd read a sci-fi story and this one truly made me smile.

Harry
was 23 on his planet, but their years were shorter, so he was somewhere just over 18 in Earth years, with Adam being 26.

After being taunted into reading his teasing sister's mind, Harry was banished to Earth as a punishment. And while working as a barista at a small London coffee shop, he met Adam, whom he immediately befriended. Not
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*4.5 stars*

Where has Alessandra Hazard been all my life?!

To be honest, I didn't read this book sooner because the previous cover was... shall we say, not good. But my friends all love this author and That Alien Feeling has just been sitting on my Kindle for ages, so I figured I might as well try it.

And I totally, totally fell in love with this little fluffy, alien story. I have a weakness for a hapless virgin MC who gets sucked into a love he didn't expect, and I was getting those vibes here.
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

I originally avoided this book because:

1. The cover screams YA.

2. The author is known for separations and angst.

I was wrong on the first count. This book reads more like NA, with a sci-fi element () and some seriously sexy times.

I was not wrong on the second.

I loved this book ... for a while.

The meet-cute was adorable! Harry and Adam were like the sweetest couple EVER.

Until ...

Harry disappeared, and the story took a nosedive into alien genetics, sexual politics, and weird family dynamics.
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Third re-read: 21.09.2019
I absolutely adore this book. The story is awesome, the characters fabulous, and overall, the book is worth reading over and over again. Hench why I couldn't stop myself for this re-read. This book just makes me smile, and it also hurts a bit, but then it heals me again. I just re-read it a couple of months ago, but it's still a good read. Even though I didn't set out to actually re-read it again.... Anyways, I want more of Harry and Adam. They are just so adorable.

SheReadsALot
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Myself; fans of possessive, intense and fluff with a side of angst
I was in a mood. Everything I've been reading lately hasn't been the one. I wanted to read something hot and possessive, something to consume and just relax to.

Normally when I'm in this sort of mood, I pop a can of the MCs all over my face (that's Mercy Celeste and Mary Calmes for those not in the know). Those authors always delivers the goods.

But it looks like these ladies have a new resident on my break-in-case-of-emergency-mental-shelf: AH, or Alessandra Hazard.

Let's get the possible deal
Susan
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gbr, mm
This started out really really good. I was convinced this was going to be a 5 star read after the first 20%. But then everything went to shit....

Harry is an 18 year old alien from a far away planet sent to earth by his parents to teach him a lesson for using his telepathy on his sister, which is illegal on their planet.

Harry has found a job in a coffeeshop and is content to live in a small apartment by himself. But he does feel a bit lonely. That's why he is happy he is talking to one of the
Lyn
5 plus stars!! I need more stories like this!!

OMG, I so did not want this book to end. Alessandra Hazard just keeping getting better and better and better. I am totally addicted to her books. I need to know that this book is just the beginning of another amazing series. PLEASSSSSEEE!
Shin Mon Thway
This book is written by Alessandra Hazard so of course, I had to read it. Nerdy, funny and charming read with some bittersweet angst. This was such a delightful read. When this first came out, I remember my newsfeed was literally filled with the status of people reading this one so I don’t know why I waited that long to read this adorable book.

Harry is the youngest prince of the Second Grand Clan of Callva planet. He’s been always fascinated by humans and while his parents sent him to earth
Nazanin
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 2017
4.25 Stars

After reading his sister’s thoughts, Harry’s parents sent him to Earth as a punishment for his misdemeanor. Apparently, it’s a crime in his planet. So they sent him away to learn some responsibility. Now after two months on Earth and finding a job at a Star Coffee, he met Adam. Adam is gay and Harry didn’t see any gay in his life. In Harry’s planet they engaged with their mates when they are just a baby and when they’re twenty five they married. So Harry has a fiancee but when he comes
Natalia
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I can't wait for Ksar's book!!!
Hazee
EDIT: (1 June 2107)

Okay, to start off, I simply was in love with this book ever since I read the excerpt in the last book of her other series "Straight Guys". So my expectations were pretty big and I'm pleased to say that this book met every single one of 'em. Maybe I would've liked it a bit more longer, but since the author has promised us book two about Ksar and Seyn's story, I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of our Harry and Adam....

*sigh* Harry and Adam, where do I start?

Harry was just
Virginia Cavanillas
3.5 stars.

A cute and light read.

I liked it but I NEED book two ASAP. That’s what eclipsed my reading. I wanted more of Seyn and Ksar till the point I wished the couple to be on page all the time. When the secondary characters shadow the MCs I tend to feel a bit disappointed and that’s why I’m rounding down to 3 stars. Which is not bad at all. It means I truly enjoyed the book and I also found the story refreshing and interesting. Mostly cute, I guess that’s the best adjective to describe That
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 4.5
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 3.5

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS GOING TO BE A SERIES!?!?!?!!?! Because this is something I can get immersed in.

I don’t like insta-love stories. It almost always drives me up the walls but this? This just made me smile ridiculously and sigh in pleasure.

First I was thinking...mmmm Harry is a tiny bit “Really?” but I think it’s what made the story work. Because he is just so adorably innocent, and bright and refreshing.

Poor Adam really didn’t stand a
.Lili.
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This just worked for me.

-Fluffy

-Adorable

-There's possessiveness

-Some angst

-Sexy times

-And a strong HFN.

4.25 Stars!

BUT! I do wish it had a diff't cover. I passed on this book for a long time because of it. It screams YA, and it's not.
Santy
re-read Review

I really loved reading this again and have bumped up my initial rating because Harry! Ugh! Loved him.

3.5 Stars! -Initial Review Below

I really liked this book! Harry's quirkiness and blundering innocence was so endearing I couldn't stop smiling . Adam I didn't really connect with but liked all the same. They were perfect for each other.

I also liked the world building with the inter-galactic politics as well as the interactions among the characters(some more than others but I
Martin
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story was absolutely cute!

I’m actually surprised how thoroughly the world-building was done, as I assumed we wouldn’t even get to see much of the ‘alien planet’, but we took a pretty deep dive into the Calluvian society.

The story starts off with Harry – whose real name is nearly unpronounceable – being sent to Earth by his parents as punishment for prying (telepathically) into his sister’s mind.

So he’s currently staying in London among humans – and he’s loving it. Harry realizes he might
Dani
This was so cute and bizarre. As almost everything that Hazard writes. This doesn’t mean is something bad. I really liked this book; I found it cute and endearing. Harry is such a sweet little head; I just wanted to hug him and never let him go. Don’t judge me.

I was in the mood for something cute and from the space. Hazard gave it to me wonderfully. Her writing was great and the plot was ok, nothing stunning. After certain percent, things twisted in the unique and weird way that only Hazard
River
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
3.5 to 4 stars.

This book was such a surprise.
I was in a book funk and I didn't wanted to read anything but the blurb for this one sounded interesting enough so I decided to go for it and after I started I couldn't stop.
The book is not perfect and I'm the first one to accept that I would have changed a few things because afer the 50% mark a lot of things happened that just diminished my rating a lot.

Harry is an alien, he was grounded by his parents and sent to eart to learn some independence
Lost in a Book

*Cheesy Grin*

Harry and Adam. I just love them to pieces. I'm not gonna write a review on this since SRAL has already written a fantastic one. This was so unique, refreshingly funny, endearing and angstyish. The straight up I've-gotta-have-you-consume-me-fuck-me-harder was freakin' hot. The self-lubricating almost short-circuited my brain.

Definitely an enjoyable read and can't wait for the next in the series.
~Volha~
Wow, I loved this book! I read it so fast that I was shocked when it was over. I simply could not stop. It had slightly embarrassed and quirky alien and a extremely forgiving human falling head over heels in love with each other - what's not to love!

Harht’ngh’chaali (what a name) or simply Harry is just so everything - adorkable, sweet and naive (what were his parents thinking?) that it boggles the mind. He has such sunny personality that Adam falls for him on the spot. Adam is a regular human
Zie
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alessandra I need more from this series. I adore Harry and Adam.
Eugenia
Absolutely delightful! 4.5 Stars.

This book was nothing like I expected. It was cute, sweet, and heartbreaking at times. Full of feels!! It was quite original.

I found, Harry the alien, totally scrumptious as he bumbled his way around human culture. Adam, the human was not as well characterized, but made up for it in his interactions with Harry.

Fun, quick, and sexy, I totally enjoyed reading this book and look forward to the next one in the series,
Tammy
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazing-books
Harry was just too adorable for words!! I so can’t wait to read about his brother next who is quite the opposite of Harry. ...more
Ariana
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ariana by: Todd
Ha, now that was so enjoyable!
A sci-fi romance on the light side!

Yes, there are some sci-fi talks about genetics and intergalactic politics, but really nothing to worry about. In effect this is a love story between two guys who simply have no chance of being together, and that always rattles my boat!

The first third, when Harry and Adam fall in love was totally adorable and cute. Harry's not so complete knowledge about social rules, accents and idiomatic expressions on Earth lead to some
Christine
3.5

This was super cute. I loved that it was not angsty and had great straight forward communication between the two MC’s. This one was the complete opposite of book 2.

Book 2 was all angst, stubbornness and passion where this one was just sweet and endearing.

I read book 2 first which I highly recommend but there was an abundance of information provided on the species and their planet in this one that I already went through in book 2. Because of this I was able to get through this book really
Rachel Emily
4.5 stars rounded up because of HARRY and the adorableness of him!

This is my first book I have read from this author, I picked it up on KU on a whim because I thought the blurb sounded sweet. SO glad I gave it a try! I just loved it!

I adored Harry! He is a telepathic alien that is forced to stay on Earth as punishment. Of course, things don't go as planned and he winds up meeting and befriending Adam and developing feelings for him, which is conflicting since his species does not favor
Steph ☀️
Outta this World <-----See what I did there ;)

Wholly Space Balls was that AMAZING! I am so ready for the next installment; like right now. On another note, for some reason my brain didn't catch on that this is the same author of the Straight Guys Series, which I have enjoyed so far. However, IMO this book has blown has that series out of the water.

I have so many mixed emotions after reading this. You cannot help but love Harry and Adam, even with the universe seeming to be against them.
Sanaa
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars.

That Alien Feeling was an absolutely adorable little read. Had it not been for Harry, this book probably would have had a completely different rating, to be honest. I adored the shit out of him.

Harry and Adam are so cute together despite the fact that Harry is an alien. Literally. But he looks like a human. The reason why I failed to give this book 5 stars was because of some of the choices that Adam made. I wasn't the biggest fan.

Aside from that I do hope that we get more books in
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
This was sooo good. It was what I was hoping for when I read Darien Cox's "The village" series, I wanted Christian and Baz together but that didn't happen, lucky for me it does in this book.

I loved Harry, he was the cutest. I hope there's another with Ksar and Syen as the MC, I need Syen's book, like right now.
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, scifi
I really do like this author. The lots of fucking other men part when they were apart for a year did not go over well with me. But, as usual, somehow I have a higher tolerance with M/M...

Stayed up way too late again reading... that's how much I like these books :)

• Changed: Mated to the Alien Alpha (The Omega Colony, #1)
  • Rocket Science
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Clutch (Forbidden Desires #1)
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities, #1-7)
  • Bond (Forbidden Desires, #2)
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #1)
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
MM Romance Author

Calluvia's Royalty (4 books)
  • That Irresistible Poison (Calluvia's Royalty, #2)
  • Once Upon a Time (Calluvia's Royalty, #3)
  • Prince's Master (Calluvia's Royalty, #4)
“Don’t you remember how I was always all over you, wanting cuddles and hugs and your hands on me? I loved being close to you, loved your scent, even when you came from the gym and claimed that you smelled gross. I loved being your babe, your love, and your sweetheart. I “always loved touching you,” Harry said softly, licking his lips. He moved his hands from Adam’s shoulders and slipped them under Adam’s unbuttoned shirt. “Even when I was incapable of feeling arousal, I was still attracted to you so badly I felt the attraction even despite the bond, but I couldn’t quite understand what I felt until the bond broke completely.” Harry looked Adam in the eye, his face open and earnest. “I was ridiculously smitten with you. You were my sun and my moon and my stars. I wanted to make you happy. I “wanted to impress you. I wanted you to smile at me and call me love. I wanted you to say I was special to you, your only babe. I fell in love with you long before I was even capable of feeling lust.” Harry took Adam’s hand and brought it to his lips. “I love you,” he murmured. “I always have. The fact that I need you physically doesn’t negate the fact that I love you so very much. Because I do.” He nuzzled into Adam’s hand like a kitten. “I love you. I love you more than you can imagine. I don’t care what people back home will think of me because of our relationship. I want to be yours. I am yours. Your Harry.” 2 likes