Start by marking “Touch (Selfish Myths, #1)” as Want to Read:
Touch (Selfish Myths, #1)

Touch

(Selfish Myths #1)

Could you sacrifice the person you love to save your world?

Love is an immortal bad girl. With a mischievous smirk and a strike of her arrow, she pins human hearts together.

But Love has never loved. Not until she wreaks havoc in a frostbitten forest, hunting for the perfect mortal amusement.

Yet Andrew isn’t an easy target.

He doesn’t care that she’s a goddess. He’s a defia
Paperback, 2nd Edition, 284 pages
Published June 8th 2018 by CreateSpace (first published October 27th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Touch, please sign up.
Natalia Hi Eleni,

I'm excited to get this question. It's my first one on Goodreads!

Hi Eleni,

I'm excited to get this question. It's my first one on Goodreads!

I am definitely thinking of making it into a duology called "Twisted Myths," with two stand-alone novels.

Right now, I'm working on a YA medieval with an edge of fantasy. But yeah, once I'm done with that, I'm planning to leap into Anger's world.

Sorry I'm late on this response. I didn't even know where to look when I get questions. I kind of stumbled upon it, thankfully :p(less)
Natalia Hey, I'm so sorry I missed this post AGES ago :p
Well, with this story, I'd been thinking about a few things:
1. What if the god of love had never been…more
Hey, I'm so sorry I missed this post AGES ago :p
Well, with this story, I'd been thinking about a few things:
1. What if the god of love had never been in love? What if he had no clue how to truly love someone?
2. What if he actually found a match that he didn't want to make?
3. What if he were a SHE?
I tend to flip things inside out, so these questions came naturally to me. Plus, I wanted to re-imagine the mythology, try to make it my own, figuring that if a love deity could manipulate such a complex emotion, maybe other feelings could be represented too (Sorrow, Envy, Anger, Wonder). So I decided to explore that idea and make it the heart of this new world.
Thank you for the question!(less)

Candace Robinson
Extremely beautiful writing. I loved Love, and Andrew was so sweet. I loved the other characters like Anger and Wonder. I also liked how Eros was a female and not a male. Even though the romance between Love and Andrew was amazing, I kind of wanted her with Anger! Anger definitely needs his own book!
Natalia
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Update 6/26/2018: New cover! My eyes are so happy right now!!!

I'm so proud of my first book!
Tilly Booth
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

LISTEN UP Y'ALL BECAUSE THIS IS IT. THIS IS BOOK IS ON MY TOP TEN BOOKS OF 2015 SO FAR. Touch by Natalia Jaster (if you haven't heard me raving about this book already then buckle your seatbelt!) is PHENOMENAL. When I was approached by the author to read this book, I honestly didn't know what to expect. I read the blurb and it peaked my interest enough to read the book.

Then I started reading...And I was sucked into those pag
Kierstan
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I received an ecopy of this book in exchange for review!

Let me just start out by saying, I absolutely loved this book! It's very rare I'm given the opportunity to read a book for review, and it far exceeds my expectations into favorite territory.

Let's start with the awesome premise of this story. It's a modern day retelling of the myth of Eros. If any of you are unfamiliar with the Myth of Eros, definitely look it up. It's one of my favorites. Taking a turn from the myth of Eros, our heroine,
Fables&Wren
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
WrensReads Review:

So I received a copy of this book from Natalia Jaster, the author, and she made it the cutest little package. She had bookmarks to go in with it (that I am totally taking advantage of) and had string tied around the book and I said 'awh' for about five minutes. It was adorable. If I wasn't so frantic with moving I would have stopped and taken a picture of it. I sincerely regret not taking a picture.

Not to mention that the cover of this book is so cute. The story is as cute as
Butthisbook
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
 photo 57DCDFC1-1385-4454-AA1A-D6913ED3E33B_zpsidlbfr8c.jpg
“If she could explore and heal his injuries with her fingers, it would be another type of magic, her skin making contact with his. Putting her mind to it, Love would become familiar with his body. She would know him from top to bottom, from beginning to end.
Touching this boy would be the death, and life, of her.”

Everything I love when it comes to writing and reading is in this book!!! I LOVED IT!!!

"Some mortals indeed love well, but most don't. And none do it perfectly."
 photo 7BE5F080-D480-4CC6-AE54-A3186CEE3E79_zpshrwil0bd.jpg

Brittney
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writing in this book is absolutely breath taking. Jaster has an amazing way with words. Everything is written with such care and it shows when you’re reading. Everything is deliberately crafted to make you feel emotions from annoyance, confusion, happiness, and sadness. Her writing grabs you and refuses to let go until you’ve reached the end.

The world building was simply fantastic. Jaster creates a world where the gods and goddesses of Love, Anger, Sorrow, Envy etc. are alive and watching ov
Christa
A gender flipped, ya retelling of Eros and Psyche. Well sort of.

Love has been meddling with human relationships for years without feeling the pangs of love herself. Until she sees Andrew, who can see her too.

This is a great premise for a new series. Instead of it being a straight Greek myth retelling, it borrows heavily from Greek mythology but does it’s own thing. There are the Fates, in another dimension, who send out classes of their gods and goddesses to meddle with fate. Anger, Envy, Sorr
Polly

When I read the summary I was so interested in the idea of this story especially the mythology and the forbidden romance aspects. It sounded different to anything I've ever read before.

It took me a little while to get into the story but I was in a bit of a reading slump before reading it so that might have been partially the reason. What kept me reading was my interest in the main character Love. She was written so
Kat
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting romance where "Love" (one of the immortals who pings humans with her love arrows to incite romance) winds up falling in love with Andrew, a human, and since of course, this is forbidden, chaos ensues. I thought this was a cute idea for a story.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
Anna Banana

I liked this one but it wasn't my favorite from this author. It is a beautiful story and the writing is beautiful as always but I just didn't connect to it in the way that I'd hoped. I liked Love and Andrew together but I also liked the idea of her being with Anger. I felt like they had so much chemistry and I could easily see their love story and how good they'd be together which really irritates me because I shouldn't feel like that and I don't like the idea that Anger cared for her,
Jessa
The language in this book is gorgeous, and the premise is both fantastical and utterly believable all at once. And the romance? Good LORD, I dare you not to fall in love with Andrew.

I've always enjoyed a good modern retelling of mythology, and Touch hit all of the right notes with me. Also, I'm a huge fan of the "mature" scenes between Love and Andrew. I've long lamented the lack of, ah, "spicy" scenes in young adult novels. This book does not disappoint in that regard, while also still retainin
Kate
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Natalia Jaster is truly a fantastic writer. I completely adore her style and characters and her debut novel has been no exception. While I haven't liked this one as much as "Trick", it was still so good. There's just something about this author's writing that I really appreciate - there's something poetic about it and it's also flowing nicely while maintaining all the emotional impact.

I'm also really REALLY curious about the world set up here and the rest of the characters and their stories (esp
Kika
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are very few acceptable reasons to not read this book. A fierce loathing of lyrical, beautiful language, for one. Finding myths and magical fantasy tiresome or boring. A general hatred for love stories and romance. Squeamishness about expertly written consensual love scenes. Hey, man, I get it... Great books aren't for everyone.

I still think you're silly for not reading this one, though. ;)
nat.
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I seriously didn't want this book to ever end. it was truly enchanting.
- ̗̀  jaelyn ̖́-

this was really good!!! totally helped me from the wreck that is The Raven King (still hurts c:)

what i liked:

- andrew
- ANDREW
- AnDrEw
- Love and Andrew's adorable yet really sad strangers to friendship to lovers
- anger !! i want a book just abou
Jen • Just One More Page

This review is also posted on my blog.

I received a copy free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

(view spoiler)
Elizabeth Mathis
The myth of Eros isn’t the truth. Her story is the truth . . .

Love is an immortal bad girl. With a strike of her arrow and a smirk on her face, she pins human hearts together against their will. It’s for their own good, of course—silly, clueless creatures that they are.

But Love has never loved. Not until the Fates parcel her off to a small, frostbitten town littered with needy souls. Not until she crosses paths with Andrew, a boy whose gaze locks onto hers. Yet how can this be? Mortals don’t hav
pi
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The lovely Natalia sent me a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, and I coudln't be more thankful because THIS BOOK, GUYS!! THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!! <3

Considering that "Eros and Psyche" myth is one of my favourites, and being myself a fan of retellings, doomed love stories, and fantasy romance, I knew I'd enjoy this book. And it didn't disappoint me at all.

What I love the most in this book is its beautiful, lyrical, writing style. Seriously, the romantic scenes are otherw
Summer (buttermybooks)
** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review **

My thoughts:

OKAY. Can I start out by saying that I NEED MORE OF THE OTHER FATES. Don’t make me beg for more books about them individually.. I mean, I will beg because I desperately want more of this world but.. CAN WE MAKE THIS A THING?!?!?!?!

That being said, my favorite part of this book was how wonderfully built the characters are. Every single character was so interesting individually (especially Andrew *heart eyes*) but Lov
Emily
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, young-adult
A stunning read. Such vivid characters, witty dialogue, lyrical prose, hot sex and heartbreaking moments. This book will stay with me for some time!
Karina
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AHHHHHHHHHHHH
NEW FAVOURITE AUTHOR ALERT
NEW FAVOURITE AUTHOR ALERT

I'm dead
Jessica
I can’t thank the lovely author, Natalia Jaster, for sending me a copy of this book for an honest review. Thank you!

Beautiful, stunning, and heartbreaking. This is the story of Touch. It is about a goddess falling in love with a mortal. Now you may think, “Don’t they all?” well not Love. Love has spent her life making matches and shooting arrows at lovers destined to be soulmates. Never did she think that she would find her own match, never did she think she’d find her home in a human. That’s w
Dakota★Magic in Every Book
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Originally, this book caught my interest because the female lead was the “supernatural being” or whatever you want to call it. It might just be me, but I’m really used to seeing the male lead be the “gifted” or “different” character. He’s a werewolf/vampire/alien/ghost/superhero or whatever and either the girl is just normal, or she eventually ends up his equal. I don’t see many books where the girl is the original mythical b
Lori
Even if I read the first work of Natalia Jaster in a certain fandom one or two years ago (and I still read it sometimes), this story is like actually another version of a plot. And I like it. If you like a fantastic story with a cute beta male, read it ! If you like a strong heroine who finally is like every girls read it ! Actually the only bad point I could give to this book is the vocabulary and the grammar. I read English for a long time now and I had some difficulties sometimes, but it just ...more
vvb
Sweet love story between a goddess and human. Because it the first time for the goddess to fall in love, a young adult love story enfolds. The couple goes through the usual ups and downs found in a teen romance along with the added element of meddling immortal gods.

The characters were likable including those with imperfections.

I liked how this mythology and its gods/goddesses were presented.
Alice Lippart
I quite enjoyed this; it's well written and funny. I really like the mythology aspects of this story. There were some parts I didn't enjoy, but I'm pretty sure that's because romance is not my favourite genre. I think people who enjoy romance will love this.
Marie Clarisse
Trick remains to be my favorite book of Natalia Jaster, but Touch is amazingly special in its own way and retains that mindblowing kind of chemistry that only she is capable of writing. I'm feeling conflicted right now about the ending, and I'm not really sure whether I like it or hate it.
Lisa
Gorgeously written book. Loved the twist on an old myth.
Charlotte Anne Hamilton
This is such a hard book for me to review and rate. Mostly because on one hand, I did stay up to like 2am finishing this, going from like 30% to 100% in one sitting. But on the other hand... I just have soooo many problems with this book.

I want to preface this review by saying I’m on the ace/aro spec. I identify demi/grey sexual and Demi romantic. Now, I didn’t before I bought this book (I bought it back in like 2014 before I really id’d as queer at all) and if I had to buy it now... well, I pro
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Devil's Trill Sonata (Vivaldi in the Dark #2)
  • (In)visible
  • A Light Amongst Shadows (Dark is the Night, #1)
  • Unfinished Business (Beggars and Choosers, #2)
  • Tristant and Elijah
  • 366 Days
  • The Cost of Loving (Unconditional Love, #2)
  • Saturday Night (Saturday Night, #1)
  • Class of '98
  • Escaped (Little Boy Lost, #5)
  • Breaking Saint Jude
  • The Night After I Lost You (The Lynburn Legacy, #1.5)
  • The Bravest Thing
  • Atom Heart John Beloved
  • Tall, Thin and Blonde
  • Bird After Bird
Natalia Jaster is the fantasy romance author of the Foolish Kingdoms & Selfish Myths series.

She loves to dream up settings that are realistic yet magical. She loves when raw angst collides with lyrical beauty, and when sweetness escalates to hotness. And she definitely loves treading the line between YA and NA.

She's also a total fool for first-kiss scenes, fanfiction, libraries, and starry nig

Selfish Myths (3 books)
  • Torn (Selfish Myths, #2)
  • Tempt (Selfish Myths, #3)
“She watches him for hours. She wants to be the sheets that cover his toes. She wants to be the ceiling separating him from the sky: above him, the first thing he sees before and after dreams. She wants to be the open window letting in the light for him.” 12 likes

Touching this boy would be the death, and life, of her.”
6 likes