Start by marking “Catch Me (Kitchen Gods #2)” as Want to Read:
Catch Me (Kitchen Gods #2)

Catch Me

(Kitchen Gods #2)

Chef Wyatt Blake is finally ready to move on from his thankless job. He gets no wiggle room, zero praise, plenty of abuse, and on a good day, he might only spend twelve hours in the Terroir kitchens. A friend of his recommends a private chef position, but despite the boost in pay, Wyatt doesn’t want to babysit some spoiled, rich LA family.

Imagine his shock when the family

Published June 9th 2018 by Beth Bolden Books

To ask other readers questions about Catch Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catch Me

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I had a really hard time with this book, but I seem to be in the minority here. Huh.

Almost from the start, I did not buy the set up to the story. Yeah, yeah, I know that this is fiction, but the whole convoluted plot of the baseball player needing a fake boyfriend and hooking up with a random guy at a club who he was really stalking as a fake-boyfriend candidate and then hiring him as a chef... I mean, really.

I'm also not a fan of the speed of the relationship. It felt insta-lovey to me, which
Cadiva
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this one even more than book one in the series as its way less angsty and has more of a gentleness to the romance even with all the heat!

Also, it's a sports romance and they have a special place in my heart because I live for the day when someone's sexuality has no bearing on their ability to be a great athlete.

Beth also snuck in a couple more potential new subjects for future books as I'm hoping that Chef Bastard and Kian will be next but then there's still Xander and now I want Wyatt's
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I’m not going to lie, reading the synopsis for this book that included the words gay and out professional baseball player had me raising my hand to read and review. I love the sport of baseball and while at times baseball romances can be hit or miss with me, this book intrigued me. Catch Me was a delightful story between two men both with a bit of baggage and lacking in communication skills, but it was easy to feel the chemistry between them and fun watching them both try and deny the emotions g
Truuss
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, m-m
I loved this one, it’s the second in the series. A stand alone just like the first one.

It has an wonderful vibe in it. Just the right tension and depth. Both main personalities were mature, considerate and adorable.

Wyatt is a Chef and gets the opportunity to be a personal Chef for a sportsman. It will pay well and he needs the money.
Ryan will hire a personal chef and will try to convince him to be his fake boyfriend, it will be good for his status as gay baseball player.
Wyatt is shocked when he
R
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
My reviews follow a pretty set pattern. A little background on characters, current issues, what I liked (or didn't). This one is different. Fake boyfriends isn't my favorite trope. But this one worked. Probably because even though it was supposed to be fake, Wyatt and Ryan were already on their way to love.

Ryan is an out baseball player. And he is a player. To stay with the team and city he likes, it has been decided he needs a steady man in his life. Wyatt is a chef, mostly in the closet, need
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 Stars

First thing I’ll say, or rather ask is, how did I miss the release of book one in this series?! I must have had my head buried in the sand, but having not read book one, something I’ll be rectifying as soon as possible, I can say, this book definitely works as a standalone. Although the couple from book one makes an appearance, I never once felt lost for having not read their story.

This was an interesting story. I love the fake boyfriend trope, and Wyatt and Ryan did fake so well, unt
Fatimama
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ryan was an idiot but this story really worked for me. I love Wyatt's character and I'm intrigued by the next books coming out (except book 1 coz that one sounds exhausting)
DepictonFiction
A lot of great reviews so it must be me. I like a chef in a book, I like sportsmen in a book so if both of them are getting involved (did I mention a fake relationship?) I want to read it. Unfortunately I didn’t feel it. The insta- love... I found it hard to believe. Reading on every other page what they were feeling but didn’t say to each other? Mwah.... too much. And a chef (working 14 hours or more with a sculpted body? OTT. But like I said, it must be me.
Becca Waldrop
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book. I'm glad it could be read as a standalone, so I didn't miss really anything. There was some definite angst going on in this one. Brings a few tears to the eyes. But so worth it.

Wyatt has had enough. He's in a job he hates because he's supposed to be a chef, but the boss of the place he works at, is a major ass. Trying to shake of the melancholy of life, Wyatt heads to a bar to maybe find a fling for the night. Maybe not. What he didn't expect was to sit and stare at
Carol Jacobs
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I rate this book a 4.5 stars

I really loved the blurb to this book when I first saw it. So, when I got my arc I was very excited. However, going into his book I was a bit nervous. I don't particularly like fake relationship books. I'm all about that Romance.

That being said, I really enjoyed this book. I was up until 4AM reading because I just couldn't stop. This is the best fake relationship book I've ever read.

I never really got bored, and I loved the plot. There were plenty of sexy times and
mrs sarah frost
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wyatt Blake works at top restaurant Terrior as a Line Chef where he's bored and he desperately needs more money to pay for his Nanas care. He gets his big break after getting a job as a personal chef to a Professional Baseball player in L.A. The move means leaving behind his Nana and friends Xander and Kian.
According to openly gay professional baseball player Ryan Flores agent Eric, he needs a fake boyfriend and a personal chef. His sexy new chef who he happened to have met the night before, co
Sue
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
MAKES YOU HUNGRY FOR MORE!!!

What a fantastic, surprising, compelling cast of characters. Who knew that chefs and cooking, could be sooo sexy. Wyatt is an amazing chef, gorgeous, laid back personality and very under paid. When an opportunity becomes available to make more money, which is desperately needed to care for his Nana, he takes the job. Ryan is the first out and proud, major league baseball player. He needs to present himself as settling down into a committed relationship. His manager co
Pauline
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Sweet romance between adrenaline junky & pro baseballer, Ryan Flores, and nana's-boy chef, Wyatt Blake. M/M explicit.

Wyatt Blake has a lot on his shoulders. He's supporting his beloved nana, who is slowly losing her memory. He's left his high profile job to work as a private chef in order to pay for his nana's care. And he's just realised that the celebrity who gave him a seriously hot blow job last night is going to be his employer. And they'll be living together.

Ryan Flores need
Tanja
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this story about fake boyfriends with a twist. It is fun and lighthearted, sexy and sweet. The story grabbed me from the first page till the last, and I kept turning the pages.
The author gave this fake-boyfriend story a surprising twist. Wyatt and Ryan hook up at a club, but later they meet again when Ryan hires Wyatt to be his personal chef. Not that he really needs one, but he just can’t resist Wyatt. A complicating factor is that he does need a fake boyfriend to get him
Amanda Viecelli
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Kitchen Gods have quickly become a favorite of mine, and Catch Me is a deliciously sweet and sexy addition to the series. I love fake boyfriend stories, and this book is one of the best I have read to date. Wyatt captured my heart in book 1, Bite Me, and knowing his story was next? I could. Not. Wait. He is such a compelling character for me, from the way he watches Ryan at the beginning, to the love he has for his grandmother, how he takes care of her, and his need to leave Terroir and his ...more
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
4.25 Stars!

Catch Me is book 2 in the Kitchen Gods series and while it can be read as a standalone, Bite Me was so good that you don't want to miss it, trust me on this.

Wyatt has decided to leave Terroir. While he's thankful for the experience of working in a Michelin-star rated restaurant, he's had enough of Bastian Aquino's mercurial moods, plus working as a private chef will surely be a whole lot more profitable. What he didn't expect was his potential new boss to be the famous baseball player
Michele
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wyatt Blake was introduced in Kitchen Gods #1 as Mile's housemate and fellow chef working under the tyrannical direction of Chef Bastion Aquino at Terroir, a Michelin rated Napa Valley restaurant.

Despite sharing a house with three other Terroir chefs, Wyatt struggles to pay for his Aunt Nana's long term care facility. Her advancing Alzheimer's disease makes it impossible to live independently. When offered a more lucrative position as a personal chef to baseball player Ryan Flores, Wyatt can't s
Sarita Chapdelaine
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is an entertaining and engaging story that I really enjoyed. The characters are appealing and their personal struggles make them very relatable. I wish there had been more content about Ryan's baseball career though and why do the sports agents always have to be jerks? The author does an excellent job portraying the beginning stages of Alzheimer's and how devastating it is for the loved ones of the people afflicted with this horrible disease. Wyatt will do anything for his Nana and he quits ...more
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, series, food, sport
I have to say the Kitchen Gods series by Beth Bolden is a huge winner to me, maybe because I love food and cooking, moreover because the author has so far delivered two amazing titles. I liked Bite Me but I found Catch Me a little more tuned with me, especially because I adored the men together from the first chapters, I easily fell into the story and was sucked into the main characters lives.

As Ryan, I too fell for Wyatt, his big heart, his fears, his dedication and strenght caught my heart. I
Light
4 / 5 Stars

Ah, fake boyfriend, one of my favorite tropes *happy sigh*.

This was a delightful read. It has 3 pretty nice main characters that had the hots for each other, some misunderstanding, not too much drama or angst, the fake boyfriend trope plus the sport tropes work well without being too much nonsense. The story flows well and doesn't become tedious like it happened with the previous book. There are few loopholes in the story, however, but nothing that keep the attention away from the ma
Melissa
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this book.

This is about Wyatt and Ryan. Ryan needs a boyfriend according to his manager. He also needs a personal chef. Wyatt takes the chef position without knowing that Ryan and Evan want him to be said boyfriend. Wyatt becomes Ryan's fake boyfriend. He develops feelings for Ryan, Ryan develops feelings for Wyatt, neither tell each other. In the end both realize what they want.

I realized that there were more books that lead up to this one and had to go back and read them. I have enjoyed
Crystal Lacy
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So hot and just the right amount of angsty fake boyfriend feels

Loved this even more than the last Kitchen Gods book (although I did appreciate seeing Miles and the gang again). I love Wyatt and Ryan and their adorable and angsty repressed feelings. I love all the mentions of the characters’ families and how different they are. So many moments that add incredible depth to these characters. And I thought the ending was perfect. Love Ryan and his great gesture. Highly recommend!
Violet  Marshall
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in The Kitchen Gods Series. A sensational book the writing was great. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters likeable. The characters were developed and thought out. Ryan and Wyatt are the MC’s of this book. There was humor, a club, an interview, family and friends, kitchens, an agent no one likes, an accident and so much more in this book. I can highly recommend this book as a good read. I voluntarily read an adv ...more
Temberley
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Catch Me is an awesome story of love and lies and all that is between. Wyatt is a chef looking to improve his station if life with a better paying job to help with bills incurred by having to place his grandmother in a nursing home. Ryan is an “out” gay baseball player that is looking for a pretend boyfriend to help his career along. Neither is looking for commitment but what they find is so much more and the road to get to that point is rough and full of potholes so settle in and enjoy the ride
Alexleo
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. What else can I say. I loved the first instalment of this series, and this second book didn’t disappoint me. There are sweet moments, great side characters, good cooking, deep feelings and hot scenes. Two men who pursue their dreams and each one supports the other in a well balanced relationship. Beth Bolden is on my favorite writers list!
Delphia Baisden
Such a sweet installment of this series! Wyatt’s mature-beyond-his-years personality was a perfect match for the adrenaline-addicted Ryan. And I just adored the side characters in this one, even demanding Eric. It was also nice to see Miles and Evan again from Bite Me. Yet again, I cannot wait for the next book!!
Pat
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretend boyfriends.

Love the pretend boyfriends becoming real boyfriends trope. There was lots of angst and heartache along the way with Wyatt and Ryan. The chemistry was hot from the first meeting, but past issues had Ryan feeling insecure and he messed everything up. Great series with incredible characters and writing.
Em
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sorry, I just didn't get it?

I couldn't work out the motivation, the angst or the reasons for it. Apart from one very hot scene early on in the book this felt kinda pointless and annoying.
Kaila
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this is such an adorable series.. i love the dynamics and the laughter.. i love the complexity of the characters and how they have to grow together and as individuals. i love this who thing. it was amazing
tammy rufo
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
i love Wyatt and Ryan! Love the boss/employee relationship turn lovers. I also love when the one character finds some one they can see being with after being a "player". I can't wait for more from this series. would def recommend.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: please add book to series! 2 13 May 07, 2018 12:54PM
Beth Bolden lives in Portland, Oregon with her supportive husband. She wholly believes in Keeping Portland Weird, but wishes she didn't have to make the yearly pilgrimage up to Seattle to watch her Boston Red Sox play baseball. She's a fan of fandoms, and spends too much of her free time on tumblr.

Beth has been writing practically since she learned the alphabet. Unfortunately, her first foray into

Kitchen Gods (4 books)
  • Bite Me (Kitchen Gods #1)
  • Savor Me (Kitchen Gods #3)
  • Indulge Me (Kitchen Gods #4)
“Wyatt piled a handful of watermelons into the cart” 0 likes