Start by marking “After the Rain (Destination Love, #4)” as Want to Read:
After the Rain (Destination Love, #4)

After the Rain

(Destination Love #4)

Some opposites attract; some rip each other's clothes off.

Stormy-Rain and Marcus could not be more different: she's a free-spirited, rainbow-haired hippie; he wears a suit and over-shines his already too-shiny shoes. She believes in auras; he's governed by logic and doesn't believe in Fate. But Fate believes in them...

So what happens when their worlds collide - and they ar
Published June 19th 2018 by Headline Eternal (first published August 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about After the Rain, please sign up.

Start your review of After the Rain (Destination Love, #4)
Beth
Thank you NetGalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

DNF at 48%

This is a me, not you kind of book. I think if maybe the characters were different I'd of enjoyed this so much more.

Fuller RTC, maybe... closer to release date.
Rachel Gilbey
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having read all of Jo Watson's books so far, I have always been intrigued by Stormy Rain who is one of the bigger friendship group, and has struck me as wacky! Now in After The Rain I get to know her a whole lot better and she is quirky but so so loveable. She has so many endearing qualities to her, which not everyone can see.

And Marcus, is a lawyer and about as opposite from Stormy Rain as you can get, and he has promised that he will accompany Stormy to Prague for the wedding they both need t
Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
3.75

I wasn’t sure about this one to begin with. The characters are so polar opposite and extremes that I wasn’t sure if I could like them, but the more I read on, the more I grew to like them, and even love them by the end!

This book was so cute and sexy and had quite a few laugh out loud moments too.
I don’t think I’ve ever actually laughed so much at a book before 🤔
Charlene Smith
Jan 14, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not going to lie, I really disliked this book. I honestly felt myself not caring in the least what was going to happen. I could not connect with the characters and just generally felt annoyed the entire time I was reading it. For me, this was just not a winner.
Jo ReadsRomance
Out today in the UK and only 99p!!

I adored every single thing about this book. "After The Rain" was an opposites attract kinda romance that melted my heart and left me with a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. Jo Watson has once again delivered another novel that I fell head-over-heels in love with.

"I adore you"
"You do?"
"I'd be mad not to."

There were so many things that I enjoyed about this novel. I absolutely loved Stormy-Rain. She was such a fun character. I loved how she was always putting
Desere
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The characters were both really remarkable , I loved the heroine's funny sayings that was a really great touch and gave the book that slight more fun feel but not too much to draw away the attention from the emotion. I really liked the plot, it was fresh and new. The author's writing has a really nice even flow to it, which made it easy and quick to read. I found myself smiling a lot, my mate even remarked at one stage that it looked liked I was in love because I was smiling so much, so always a ...more
Becky
This is yet another case of "it's not you, it's me". I loved another one of Jo Watson's books so clearly it isn't a fault with her writing, her plots or her characters... but something about this one just didn't gel with me and I found myself feeling a little gloomy whilst reading it because I just couldn't get into it.

Maybe this specific set of characters didn't do it for me - the main male character just went on a little too much about her "strange" appearance and some of the things she blurt
Steph Hayward-bailey
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. Does exactly what it says on the back. Very funny throughout.
Ronel van Tonder
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although romance is not my usual genre, I found After the Rain to be an engaging, racy read.

Jo's writing style is wonderful and the story of Stormy-Rain and Marcus's budding love affair moves at a breathtaking pace.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys an easy-reading romance seasoned with a sprinkle of comedy.
Yuri Gonzalez
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. A must read.
Tamm
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Initially I wasn’t sure I would like this as the main protagonists are not the typical rom com characters, but it was actually a great read! Two people, who are polar opposites in every way are forced together for a long journey across the world. As they travel towards their destination, they also become closer to each other. Stormy’s distrust of technology and societal norms are refreshingly quirky and even her rainbow coloured hair soon becomes endearing as you get to know and like her through ...more
Karen Whittard
Aww destination love book 4 and I can honestly say that even thou this book was predictable I still enjoyed reading it. It is funny, sexy, steamy, romantic and lovely. It has many laugh out loud moment. Great characters. Great destination and a good plot. Perfect for a pool side read.
Emily Mackay
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jo-watson
Ahh, this is the second book I've read by Jo and wow. Its such a funny but romantic book. Stormys character is such a ball of sunshine. Marcus is the complete opposite yet they are so compatible together. Definitely reccomend if you want a rom com :))
Nikita (Njkinny's Blog)
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All romance lovers above the age of eighteen

Stormy-Rain believes in all things spiritual with an obsessive compulsive repulsion to new technology. She reads and believes in tarot cards, has rainbow coloured hair and does not believe in long lasting relationships. Marcus is her complete opposite. He is suave, sophisticated, tech savvy and as serious as Stormy-Rain isn't.
Follow Stormy-Rain and Marcus as they are thrown together by fate in an attraction and situations that have the power to either mak
Erica Harvey
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"After the Rain" is Ms. Watson's spinoff from her first book, "Burning Moon". It is the madcap misadventures of so serious Marcus and "she really can't be serious" Stormy as they travel from South Africa to Prague for Damien and Lilly's wedding. The question is whether they will make it there alive or will they kill each other long before they get there. I laughed all the way along, and you will too.
Nish
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jo Watson is the next big thing on contemporary romance! Actually I can really imagine her books being turned into a movie! I love Rom-Coms and I think that After The Rain is a great romcom material. I love everything about it. There was no dull moment. She's definitely one of my favourite Wattpad authors.
Candice
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say. Jo Watson did it AGAIN! This is such a funny book, and never a dull moment with Stormy-Rain, who has got to be one of the most unique romantic heroines around. With her strange brand of 'Stormy Charm' she wiggles her way into straight laced Marcus' heart. Adventure, romance, laugh out loud moments.
Great read. I Love Jo Watson.
judy l. smith
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a 10 star book

I loved Stormy-Rain the character. Marcus was just about the greatest boyfriend around. the only thing I can complain about is that it ended, I wanted to keep reading more of Stormy's funny sayings. the writing style was definitely 10 stars. great romance. Loved the humor. I am anxiously awaiting more from this author.
Burcu
Feb 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
What a childish view of a nonconventional person, the female lead was such a pathetic parody of a hippie, it was painful to read.
PrettyFlamingo
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
A friend passed this book on to me and, wanting something to read quickly as an accompaniment to a day’s travelling, I chose this. Mainly, it has to be said, for the cute cover and the beautiful giraffes silhouette. I love giraffes. And zebras. Luckily, both feature, though all too briefly, in the story. What did I think? Well, I thought I was going to hate it when I first began. This really wasn’t my type of book. Not so much because of the characters themselves even though Marcus and Stormy-Ra ...more
Anna-Maria
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hannah Thompson
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stormy-Rain loves everyone. She is a free spirit with a positive spirit and views the world with a glass full to the brim outlook. Except in relationships. Those she nevers gives more than 3 weeks. She ends them at their happiest so she never has to experience the painful endings she saw so much growing up.

Marcus likes order. Cleanliness, a place for everytjong and everything in its place. So when he agrees to travel with Stormy to his cousin's and her sister's wedding, her seemingly scatty appr
Joano
It wasn’t until I got to end and read the acknowledgment stating that this was version 2 (original version was stolen) that I was more comfortable with how I felt about this book.

This is the 4th book in a series of 5. I haven’t read the first 3 books, but those characters appeared in the last 2 chapters so this can be seen as a stand alone story.

Stormy rain Masters (the h) is on her way to Prague to attend the wedding of her step sister (main couple in book 1 I think). She is getting on the plan
Ida Ottesen
Solid contemporary romance with lots sexual tension along the way.

I've had this lying around for a while, but I'm desperately trying to read more of the books I already have on my shelf instead of buying new ones (or getting them from the library).

This is a great, relativity quick read if you're into contemporary romance, but there were just too many clichés happening one after the other for me to really enjoy it.

Things I liked:
- Marcus, obviously.
- the sexual tension (when it actually featured
Janay Brazier
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The setting, the characters, the romance, the humour... it was all great fun! Although the majority of this makes complete sense without any prior reading, I didn’t realise when I was sent this to review that it was the fourth book in a series. I got on fine without reading the other three books - but I do plan on reading them now as I enjoyed this one so much - but if I hadn’t realised this was part of a series early on then I think some parts towards the end, involv ...more
Paige
Aug 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
I was really looking forwards to the story about Stormy, all through the previous three books I was reading glimpses of her and as a pagan myself I was excited to get to her journey because I was thinking "oh cool, she's into astrology and numerology and she isn't the typical heroin."

What I got instead was a story about a ditz... She confuses such common phrases as "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?" She believes in aliens and that technology is wrong and she's the stereotypical prea
Fiona Moran
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nailed it!

Having read all of Jo's other books and loving Stormy in them, I was a bit apprehensive to read a full story with her in it. I thought her inner monologue would be nonsensical and hard to follow and that it would be too much Stormy in a book for me to handle. I was wrong, this book is bloody awesome. Stormy is a lot of fun to read about. I loved Marcus too, he was a big softie under his beige exterior. I can't wait to read more about where they are in their lives(and my favs, Damien an
Becky
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Earlier this year I read ‘Finding You’ by Jo Watson and really enjoyed Jane’s story. When I saw that ‘After the Rain’ gave the free-spirited Stormy-Rain her own story I knew I had to read it!

Stormy is a brilliant character, and a lot of fun to read about. Her sunshiny demeanour and her bright outlook on just about everything other than planes and technology is adorable, and I loved seeing her blossom in this novel. Marcus is her polar opposite in every way, and that made for q
Noemi Proietti
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it

Stormy-Rain is a very unusual woman. She believes in tarots, magic, and that aliens created the human race. Her eyeglasses are held by chewing gum, her clothes are colourful, and her hair represents the hues of the rainbow. She doesn’t have a proper job and is afraid to fly.
Marcus is a lawyer, he follows the rules, he always carries wet wipes, and he wears elegant suits. It’s like they are from different planets, but when her stepsister Lily marries his cousin Damien, the two of them have to fl
Emily Rose
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
My main problem with this book is the female protagonist. To quote Tropic Thunder, "you never go full retard". I wished the author had watched that movie and refrained from writing things like:
"Stormy liked everybody. Even the grumpy-grump bank manager guy who kept sending her rude letters. Although she did appreciate the way he decorated them with the big red pretty stamps"
I mean, that's just too stupid to even be funny. She's so childlike (I'm all for quirky but it really seemed she had some
« previous 1 3 next »

• Make or Break at the Lighthouse B&B
  • The One That Got Away
  • If We Ever Meet Again
  • We Just Clicked
Award-winning writer of romantic comedies. Collector of colorful, kitsch things that usually sparkle. Adidas addict, Depeche Mode devotee and proud Wattpad writer!

Jo loves telling stories and above everything, considers herself a storyteller- no matter what the medium. After graduating with an honors degree in theater, she has worked in numerous creative fields. She's mainly worked as a TV script

Destination Love (5 books)
  • Burning Moon (Destination Love, #1)
  • Almost a Bride (Destination Love, #2)
  • Finding You (Destination Love, #3)
  • The Great Ex-Scape