Start by marking “After the Rain (Destination Love, #4)” as Want to Read:
After the Rain (Destination Love, #4)

After the Rain

(Destination Love #4)

Some opposites attract; some rip each other's clothes off.

Stormy-Rain and Marcus could not be more different: she's a free-spirited, rainbow-haired hippie; he wears a suit and over-shines his already too-shiny shoes. She believes in auras; he's governed by logic and doesn't believe in Fate. But Fate believes in them...

So what happens when their worlds collide - and they ar
Published June 19th 2018 by Headline Eternal (first published August 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about After the Rain, please sign up.

Beth
Thank you NetGalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

DNF at 48%

This is a me, not you kind of book. I think if maybe the characters were different I'd of enjoyed this so much more.

Fuller RTC, maybe... closer to release date.
Rachel Gilbey
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having read all of Jo Watson's books so far, I have always been intrigued by Stormy Rain who is one of the bigger friendship group, and has struck me as wacky! Now in After The Rain I get to know her a whole lot better and she is quirky but so so loveable. She has so many endearing qualities to her, which not everyone can see.

And Marcus, is a lawyer and about as opposite from Stormy Rain as you can get, and he has promised that he will accompany Stormy to Prague for the wedding they both need t
Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
3.75

I wasn’t sure about this one to begin with. The characters are so polar opposite and extremes that I wasn’t sure if I could like them, but the more I read on, the more I grew to like them, and even love them by the end!

This book was so cute and sexy and had quite a few laugh out loud moments too.
I don’t think I’ve ever actually laughed so much at a book before 🤔
Desere
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The characters were both really remarkable , I loved the heroine's funny sayings that was a really great touch and gave the book that slight more fun feel but not too much to draw away the attention from the emotion. I really liked the plot, it was fresh and new. The author's writing has a really nice even flow to it, which made it easy and quick to read. I found myself smiling a lot, my mate even remarked at one stage that it looked liked I was in love because I was smiling so much, so always a ...more
Jo-The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Out today in the UK and only 99p!!

I adored every single thing about this book. "After The Rain" was an opposites attract kinda romance that melted my heart and left me with a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. Jo Watson has once again delivered another novel that I fell head-over-heels in love with.

"I adore you"
"You do?"
"I'd be mad not to."

There were so many things that I enjoyed about this novel. I absolutely loved Stormy-Rain. She was such a fun character. I loved how she was always putting th
Becky
This is yet another case of "it's not you, it's me". I loved another one of Jo Watson's books so clearly it isn't a fault with her writing, her plots or her characters... but something about this one just didn't gel with me and I found myself feeling a little gloomy whilst reading it because I just couldn't get into it.

Maybe this specific set of characters didn't do it for me - the main male character just went on a little too much about her "strange" appearance and some of the things she blurt
Steph Hayward-bailey
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. Does exactly what it says on the back. Very funny throughout.
Ronel van Tonder
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although romance is not my usual genre, I found After the Rain to be an engaging, racy read.

Jo's writing style is wonderful and the story of Stormy-Rain and Marcus's budding love affair moves at a breathtaking pace.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys an easy-reading romance seasoned with a sprinkle of comedy.
Charlene Smith
Jan 14, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not going to lie, I really disliked this book. I honestly felt myself not caring in the least what was going to happen. I could not connect with the characters and just generally felt annoyed the entire time I was reading it. For me, this was just not a winner.
Yuri Gonzalez
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. A must read.
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Tamm
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Initially I wasn’t sure I would like this as the main protagonists are not the typical rom com characters, but it was actually a great read! Two people, who are polar opposites in every way are forced together for a long journey across the world. As they travel towards their destination, they also become closer to each other. Stormy’s distrust of technology and societal norms are refreshingly quirky and even her rainbow coloured hair soon becomes endearing as you get to know and like her through ...more
Karen Whittard
Aww destination love book 4 and I can honestly say that even thou this book was predictable I still enjoyed reading it. It is funny, sexy, steamy, romantic and lovely. It has many laugh out loud moment. Great characters. Great destination and a good plot. Perfect for a pool side read.
Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff)
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All romance lovers above the age of eighteen

Stormy-Rain believes in all things spiritual with an obsessive compulsive repulsion to new technology. She reads and believes in tarot cards, has rainbow coloured hair and does not believe in long lasting relationships. Marcus is her complete opposite. He is suave, sophisticated, tech savvy and as serious as Stormy-Rain isn't.
Follow Stormy-Rain and Marcus as they are thrown together by fate in an attraction and situations that have the power to either mak
Erica Harvey
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"After the Rain" is Ms. Watson's spinoff from her first book, "Burning Moon". It is the madcap misadventures of so serious Marcus and "she really can't be serious" Stormy as they travel from South Africa to Prague for Damien and Lilly's wedding. The question is whether they will make it there alive or will they kill each other long before they get there. I laughed all the way along, and you will too.
Candice
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say. Jo Watson did it AGAIN! This is such a funny book, and never a dull moment with Stormy-Rain, who has got to be one of the most unique romantic heroines around. With her strange brand of 'Stormy Charm' she wiggles her way into straight laced Marcus' heart. Adventure, romance, laugh out loud moments.
Great read. I Love Jo Watson.
judy l. smith
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a 10 star book

I loved Stormy-Rain the character. Marcus was just about the greatest boyfriend around. the only thing I can complain about is that it ended, I wanted to keep reading more of Stormy's funny sayings. the writing style was definitely 10 stars. great romance. Loved the humor. I am anxiously awaiting more from this author.
Nish
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jo Watson is the next big thing on contemporary romance! Actually I can really imagine her books being turned into a movie! I love Rom-Coms and I think that After The Rain is a great romcom material. I love everything about it. There was no dull moment. She's definitely one of my favourite Wattpad authors.
Afshaan Purvez
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just Perfect!

So, with romance novels I'm always complaining about a lack of substance in the love story. Most contemporary romances seem to either drag out the interactions between the main characters, or jump right from non-love to love. It's kind of annoying. I'm always left wondering when exactly they fell in love. One second they dislike each other next second they're violently making out. There's no in-between.

After the Rain was NOTHING like this! It was just perfect. I was invested in bot
Janay Brazier
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The setting, the characters, the romance, the humour... it was all great fun! Although the majority of this makes complete sense without any prior reading, I didn’t realise when I was sent this to review that it was the fourth book in a series. I got on fine without reading the other three books - but I do plan on reading them now as I enjoyed this one so much - but if I hadn’t realised this was part of a series early on then I think some parts towards the end, involv ...more
Emily Rose
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
My main problem with this book is the female protagonist. To quote Tropic Thunder, "you never go full retard". I wished the author had watched that movie and refrained from writing things like:
"Stormy liked everybody. Even the grumpy-grump bank manager guy who kept sending her rude letters. Although she did appreciate the way he decorated them with the big red pretty stamps"
I mean, that's just too stupid to even be funny. She's so childlike (I'm all for quirky but it really seemed she had some
Noemi Proietti
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it

Stormy-Rain is a very unusual woman. She believes in tarots, magic, and that aliens created the human race. Her eyeglasses are held by chewing gum, her clothes are colourful, and her hair represents the hues of the rainbow. She doesn’t have a proper job and is afraid to fly.
Marcus is a lawyer, he follows the rules, he always carries wet wipes, and he wears elegant suits. It’s like they are from different planets, but when her stepsister Lily marries his cousin Damien, the two of them have to fl
Fiona Moran
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nailed it!

Having read all of Jo's other books and loving Stormy in them, I was a bit apprehensive to read a full story with her in it. I thought her inner monologue would be nonsensical and hard to follow and that it would be too much Stormy in a book for me to handle. I was wrong, this book is bloody awesome. Stormy is a lot of fun to read about. I loved Marcus too, he was a big softie under his beige exterior. I can't wait to read more about where they are in their lives(and my favs, Damien an
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Earlier this year I read ‘Finding You’ by Jo Watson and really enjoyed Jane’s story. When I saw that ‘After the Rain’ gave the free-spirited Stormy-Rain her own story I knew I had to read it!

Stormy is a brilliant character, and a lot of fun to read about. Her sunshiny demeanour and her bright outlook on just about everything other than planes and technology is adorable, and I loved seeing her blossom in this novel. Marcus is her polar opposite in every way, and that made for q
Maria Cecília
It's a one seat read!
The way Jo Watson writes is fun, lovely, addictive. Once you start you just want to keep reading. At the end the feeling is of longing. The story is a journey into self-discovery, into exotic places and histrionic situations. This is a stand alone but happens after The Burning Moon which characters slightly appears here too. If you didn't read The Burning Moon yet I also highly recommend you do it too. Open the first page with spare time, you will be upset to let it rest...
Jaye Rockett
Sep 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I feel like this series is a bit overdone now. I enjoyed the previous books for what they are, formulaic, easy reading women's fiction, the perfect light hearted holiday read. We're on book four now though, and honestly the only thing that changes is the protagonist's background and character. It's a shame, because of all the characters Stormy Rain is perhaps the most interesting, and I really feel she wasn't given her due in this book.
s
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can see that a few others were a bit turned off by After the Rain, but I was happy to give it my time. I think I have enjoyed others from Jo Watson a bit more, but I was happy to see it through to the end. Of course we knew how it would end, in a round about way, but it was still worth finding out how!
Farha
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the most amazing book i hv ever read..stormy's dictionary is hilarious..it is cute,intense,full of humour..thier love is one of a kind..and i loved all dat remarks by fate.
Reading this books make me so happy n i have absolutely no idea how many i have read the ending..i personally dont like to read something again but this book is worth it...u jst cant stop coming back..
tracey  cloxton
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth in the series, I only read this as I’d already read the first 3 , I’m so glad I did, this is my favourite of the 4, I loved Stormy Rains character and also Marcus, it’s nice to get to know her properly and hear her back story, it would be a perfect holiday read, or if you need a break from heavy reads then this is perfect
Pammi Walker
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

What can I this is the 2nd book about read from jo Watson and I absolutely love them every tho I've read them the wrong way round i will all fit together when I read them all ,so now no has got another fan

5 out of 5
South African Boo...: After the Rain (Spoilers) 5 11 Sep 17, 2015 10:26AM
South African Boo...: After the Rain (No Spoilers) 3 6 Sep 15, 2015 07:30AM
  • Until We Kissed (Pine Valley #6)
  • There's Something About You
  • Foxfire Bride
  • Ballistic (Detroit After Dark #4)
  • More Than Magic (Books of the Kindling, #1)
  • Surviving the Rachel
  • Baking Bree
  • Silence (Faces of Evil, #0.5)
  • The Marriage Trap (Trap, #1)
  • The Nines
  • The One She Was Warned About
  • Tied Up with Love
  • No More Mulberries
  • Resisting the Rebel
  • Done With Men
  • Winchester Christmas Wedding
  • Call to Engage (Team Poseidon #2)
  • The Baby Contract (The Billionaire Bachelor Series, #1)
Award-winning writer of romantic comedies. Collector of colorful, kitsch things that usually sparkle. Adidas addict, Depeche Mode devotee and proud Wattpad writer!

Jo loves telling stories and above everything, considers herself a storyteller- no matter what the medium. After graduating with an honors degree in theater, she has worked in numerous creative fields. She's mainly worked as a TV script

Destination Love (4 books)
  • Burning Moon (Destination Love, #1)
  • Almost a Bride (Destination Love, #2)
  • Finding You (Destination Love, #3)