Start by marking “Start Now!: You Can Make a Difference” as Want to Read:
Start Now!: You Can Make a Difference

Start Now!: You Can Make a Difference

For the youngest activists among us, a book geared just for them full of facts, stories, and tips on how to change the world, from #1 New York Times bestselling author Chelsea Clinton.

What can I do to help save endangered animals? How can I eat healthy? Why do I need to cover my mouth when I cough? What do I do if I'm being bullied?

With information on problems both large a
Published October 2nd 2018 by Philomel Books

To ask other readers questions about Start Now!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Start Now!

Judi
Dec 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed
I think it's a great thing for notable people to write books on kid activism. I was at Chelsea Clinton's book signing event at Bookshop Santa Cruz and it's obvious she has a lot of traction in my community. I'm sure she's inspired many a youngster to change their world.

This book is definitely targeted for the 4th - 8th-grade student. The text is simple and direct and, sometimes, disjointed. Clinton acknowledges several editors/reviewers who are in her target age range so I assume I'm just a tad
Jonathan
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This is literally the 4th time I am trying to write this review. The first three occurring during the middle of multiple power outages (I know I know, stupid on my part). With that said I just don't have the passion about this book that is going to warrant me writing another 1000 word review that could ultimately get deleted right before I submit it. So quick summary:

1) Not as bad as her other book I reviewed because in this book it doesn't matter if she is a privileged white girl because it's n
Ruth Ann
Kids often ask "how can I help?" This book can answer that question in a variety of ways with practical suggestions at the end of each chapter!
Chapters broadly include information on: environment, animals, health, food and hunger, bullying.
Chelsea is an inspiration when it comes to standing up to bullies in a gracious and civilized way. She does this every day on twitter.

Index in the back. Photos of children who have made a difference are included in each chapter.
Nicole
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great, short book suitable for all ages, but geared towards youth. It offers a lot of practical information for a healthy environment and lifestyle. I found inspiration for changes that I would like to make. Will likely purchase it for my youngest.
Jen
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So great and I got to meet her and get my book signed!
Pam
Information about ways to make a difference when you're in upper elementary and middle school. Clinton explains clearly and presents possible action steps in each chapter.
Audrey
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely meant for kids!
Liz Sergent
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I checked this out at my library and it was pretty good! Covers everything from clean water, why you should wash your hands, endangered animals, bullying.....very interesting and well written.
Anne Mortimer
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm scoring this more generously. I liked the theme but found the content to be really basic.
Warren
Feb 03, 2019
Eliana M
Dec 21, 2018
Heidi
Great book for young activists. Enjoyed the audio version but the author’s speed of talking might be a bit fast for some listeners. Looking forward to seeing the illustrations in the print version.
Nov 23, 2018
Jan 19, 2019
Tom
Oct 13, 2018
Sally
rated it did not like it
Jan 12, 2019
Jan 19, 2019
Kelley Cruz
Oct 31, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Chelsea Clinton has always been interested in making the world a better place. When she was a child in Little Rock, Arkansas, one of her favorite books was 50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth, and as a teenager in Washington, D.C., she led her school’s service club. While at Stanford, Chelsea worked as a reading and writing tutor and volunteered at the Children’s Hospital. Today, she is ...more