Start by marking “Underlord (Cradle, #6)” as Want to Read:
Underlord (Cradle, #6)

Underlord

(Cradle #6)

A tournament approaches.

All around the world, great clans and sects prepare their disciples to fight against one another in a competition of young Underlords. Even the Blackflame Empire is drawn in, but their youth are not strong enough to compete.

Yet.
Published March 1st 2019 by Hidden Gnome Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Underlord, please sign up.
Jamie You can pre-order on Amazon for March 1st.

TS Chan
Shelves: favorites
Such insane power. Such insane fun. That, in a nutshell, is the Cradle series, and Underlord is its current pinnacle.

Underlord was everything that its title promised adoring fans (including yours truly), and so much more. The Prologue was so ridiculously epic it gave me goosebumps, and all the awesomeness that was the Cradle series came crashing down on me again. I tried to prolong the enjoyment by keeping myself occupied with things to do, to avoid finishing the book too quickly. Alas, it barel
Matt
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The name of this book and what it suggests is killing me with anticipation.

After reading-
Honestly I'm relieved. I was worried that something would go wrong and I wouldn't like it, but it's even better than I thought it would be. I'm not going to do a real review, but I might after rereading it a few times. All the stuff below will be random thoughts and stream of consciousness stuff. Don't expect quality.

Questions:
(view spoiler)
maxamoud
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shut up and take my 💰💰💰
Mysti Dewees
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rob
Executive Summary: This is might be my favorite of the series thus far, and it's at least the best book since Blackflame.

Full Review
I really loved this book and this series. I think if I had started reading it during the weekend it came out instead of a few days later and I'd have read it in 1-2 days instead of 4. Every time I picked it up, I just wanted to keep reading, but often I either didn't have enough time, or I was too tired to concentrate properly.

After how much I loved Blackflame, I
kartik narayanan
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Underlord is an unputdownable, pedal to the floor, rush of a book.

It manages to tick all the boxes - Fan-f***ing-tastic action, a pace that 'fast' does not adequately describe and characters that are unforgettable. Now, all of these characteristics are part of Will Wight's standard bag of tricks. But, in addition to all of these, this book also has way more humour than in previous iterations which went a long way in making the uber-fast pace more comfortable to read.

I also liked how Linden act
clint hillert
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
May the Dread Gods take you Will Wight

Never in my life have I been so happy and yet so filled with rage and despair. Fifteen hours have passed since I downloaded this book, and aside from the seven hours I slept, I've done nothing but read it. Now it's done. Finished! Just like that! What am I to do now? Wait for your next release?
...I mean, probably...
Bonhomous
Will Wight is ascending
I can never get enough. I devour these books in two days and then I have to spend the time cycling them into my core until the next book comes out. This one was no exception. Even Robert Jordan's books took a decline in quality at book 6, but Will Wight's keep getting better.
At the back of the book he had bloopers! I've never seen an author do that before, it was awesome.
I'm hoping that the series continues for at least another 6 books.
Colin
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic new entry to the series.

If you haven't read a Will Wight novel before, you're in for something special. Well, not if you start with, "Underlord". Then you'd just be super confused. Start somewhere else. preferably at the beginning. Where's the beginning? Traveler's Gate. Start there. Or maybe not. I'm not your mother.

Anyway, Wight has grown so much as a writer from when the Traveler's Gate was released that it's amazing to see. He's reasonably prolific, and has great rapport with hi
Bethany Hoeflich
Unbelievable.

I thought for sure that Will Wight wouldn't be able to top Ghostwater.

I was wrong.

He surpassed my wildest dreams with Underlord. It was, in short, perfection.

As the title implies, Lindon continues to advance, though it's not easy. More than that, thanks to an expertly-written prologue and epilogue, we get a glimpse of the larger world as Suriel's job just got a lot harder. And even better, we got a taste of what has happened to Lindon's family after he left.

My only regret is th
Steffan
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 stars
Calvin Park
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Will Wight’s Underlord is amazingly fantastic. I absolutely loved this book. Somehow Wight manages to pack plenty of action, lots of plot points, and some stellar character development into what is actually a relatively short book. The Cradle series is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite fantasy series. If you aren’t reading it yet, I don’t know what else I can say to convince you—but I’m going to try.

Way back in the first book of the series, Unsouled, I felt like Lindon was interestin
Lazybee
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5. Power levels are clearly defined, but extremely weird. Eithan is the best thing in this book.
Dirtyfox
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
moe
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not put it down!!!

It's an awesome continuation to the cradle series.

If I had anything negative to say about it I would say it feels like it wanted to be longer or maybe slower paced. Coming from Ghostwater where the crew was split and we as readers only had to worry about 1 or 2 perspectives at a time, Underlord feels ever so slightly strained when the perspectives shift.

I do think Ghostwater is my favorite so far in the series, but with this new addition, I don't think I'm capable of de
Zachary Schillinger
The Cradle series is still going strong!

Underlor was a natural continuation of the previous books. Almost to the point that if it were not for glimpses into the Abidan war at the beginning it could have been read as the next chapter in the previous book. Without giving anything away, underlord was the book Cradle fans have been waiting for.
Michael J. Conway
Couldn't put it down.

Having read all the previous books in the Cradle series, I have been waiting for the this new book for what seems like a long time. It did not disappoint. I was enjoying it so much, the I couldn't put it down and read it in one day. Surprising plot twist at the end. Nice action scenes. Only thing that I am disappointed about is that I have to wait for the next book, although at the end if the book it said coming soon, whatever that means. lol
Jonthomas Oudyk
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will read series again

Usually i burn through Litrpg pretty fast. But this series has always been exciting, interesting, and diverse in its growth. The characters indicate their caring for one another, despite social norms, in a variety of ways. Using each other and growing at the same time. Usually wuxia is Narcissism literary, but the characters are not “blessed” in a particular way. Looking forward to book 7. Thank you Mr. Wight.
Andrew Lukyanenko
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book within a day and can say that it is great! We now know much more about the main characters and their history. The epilogue and the bloopers are also wonderful! :) Maybe I'll reread the whole series soon.
Alan Flavin
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book so far

This book has been a long wait, and let me tell you, it was worth it. Will strikes a perfect balance of action, advancement and plot that leaves you ravenous for more after devouring the entire book in 1 sitting.
Soorya
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm having serious withdrawals after reading 6 books in a row and finding out that I have to actually wait for the next one. I tore through this series in just a couple of weeks, which probably tells you how much I enjoyed it. These are very fast-paced, Sanderson-esque books that are really difficult to put down. Looking back, I feel like book 1 was a bit bumpier compared to the rest, but it gets really good with books 2 and 3, drops off a bit in #4 (which was shorter than the others), but goes ...more
Sundeep
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this book was so good, on par with Blackflame and Ghostwater (relatively the best books of the series)

I had binged the first five late last year and had no issues following without a reread (there were hints to refresh our memory). The main characters each have a unique voice by now and it was so good to get into that space quickly. Nice to see so many laugh-out-loud moments, topped by the bloopers section (racing action is a given in this series). Prologue and Epilogue were great as well.
J
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A little on the short side, but only a little.

It's nice to have a book with both a lot of fighting and a lot of cultivation work. This is probably my favorite book since Soulsmith and Blackflame.

The ending is a nice little twist too.

I hope the Uncrowned tournament (or an arc surrounding it) is either longer than normal or two books though--we've been building to it for a while now, so a single book might feel underwhelming.
Kyle Dougherty
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These books are like the shounen anime of books. I love them all. I can't wait for book 7 now.

In general this book felt like a step up from Ghostwater. Sets up the 7th book nicely which appears to be a TOURNAMENT ARC.

Also, the last section of the epilogue is straight fire. Need Uncrowned ASAP.
Stephen
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why...why...whyyy!!!!

Why do I do this to myself!!?? I devour these AWESOME books then suffer through a drought. I have to sift out all the crappy attempts of writing to find even a kernel of entertainment and engagement! Keep writing and I’ll keep reading!!!
Jonathan Wilson
4.75 Stars
Kaladin
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
Please keep going. This is so addicting!!
Jonathan Lin
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whens the next one, again?
Benjamin Espen
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you have been following along with the Cradle series, you will have a pretty good idea of what to expect by now. Our young protagonist, Wei Shi Lindon Arelius, will have adventures, face insurmountable odds, and advance his Path. Wight has got a good thing going here, and he sticks to what works. I’ve said it before and I will say it again: these books are just fun. But I want to stop a moment and look at why it works. Indulge me.

And work it does. When Underlord released on March 1st, 2019, i
Steven Brown
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun and exciting treasure that leaves you hungry for book 7.

Will Wight delivers from start to finish. I hadn't expected this book to be out so soon. It was a pleasant surprise but unfortunately I still had to wait a couple days until I could read it. Needless to say it is a great read that will carry the reader through and a day later I am wishing I could read the story again for the first time. It is told in third person limited point of view and follows some awesome and well-rounded protagon
  • Fate of the Fallen (The Shroud of Prophecy, #1)
  • Shorefall (Founders, #2)
  • Drumindor (The Riyria Chronicles, #5)
  • A Time Of Blood (Of Blood and Bone #2)
  • Zero Tango (Zero Sight, #3)
  • Maker's Curse (Millennium’s Rule, #4)
  • Untitled (The Band, #3)
  • The Broken Heavens (Worldbreaker Saga, #3)
  • Seven Blades in Black (The Grave of Empires #1)
  • Untitled (The Dandelion Dynasty, #3)
  • Blood of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #3)
  • Prisoner (The Contractors, #2)
  • Dead Empire (Black Wolves, #2)
  • Defying Destiny (The War of Broken Mirrors, #3)
  • The Burning White (Lightbringer #5)
  • The Olympian Affair (The Cinder Spires, #2)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #8)
  • Lady's Pursuit (Knight & Rogue, #6)

Cradle (6 books)
  • Unsouled (Cradle, #1)
  • Soulsmith (Cradle, #2)
  • Blackflame (Cradle, #3)
  • Skysworn (Cradle, #4)
  • Ghostwater (Cradle, #5)