Start by marking “Dragonia: Rise of the Wyverns (Dragonia Empire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragonia: Rise of the Wyverns (Dragonia Empire, #1)

Dragonia: Rise of the Wyverns

(Dragonia Empire #1)

USA Today Bestselling Author, Craig A. Price Jr. presents, Dragonia: Rise of the Wyverns, Book 1 in the Dragonia Empire Series.

The Resistance struggles to find a way to defeat the Dragonia Empire; all hope seems lost against the dragon riders, until they discover an island full of wyverns.

Devarius has lost everything. His parents murdered, his sister kidnapped, and th
Published August 14th 2018 by Claymore Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dragonia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragonia

Start your review of Dragonia: Rise of the Wyverns (Dragonia Empire, #1)
Maberan Potato
This is bad because of the potential lost. This could've been a pretty cool series if the writing and plot had gotten more thought put into them, but as it is the writing kills this book. It's bland, boring and flat. The characters get no depth, the descriptions are nowhere to be found, the dialogue is like barely stuff that people would say, there are character inconsistencies, a lack of originality- it could've been different enough from Eragon if it had tried. But it didn't.

So the
Angela Lover  of all Books No Matter How Horrid They Are ❤❂☠
I received this book in exchange for an honest review at my own request because I am an independent reader. 😄

This is a great story. It is short but that does not mean that it was not good. There was so much action and a lot if questions that need to be answered. When the story first opens up we are introduced to Galaten a solider who refuses to fight in a war that is not his. I get why he ran away from the war but where he ended up is a dichotomy. I will not get into any more detail then that
Monica Kelly
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story I feel like I have just been transported to the Dragonia Empire!  Such a creative and well-written story. The narrator's voice is a perfect fit for this adventure, Book 1 Rise of the Wyvens is narrated by Reuben Corbett.   His voice shows you the world and characters created by Craig A. Price Jr. be ready to take the ride of a lifetime with Devarius and the Resistance.

Dragonia: Rise of the Wyverns had some of the most fascinating characters each one was unique a
Rayleigh
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a ride!

Dragonia: Rise of the Wyverns was definitely my kind of adventure! It starts off with one of those beginnings like Jurassic Park and just gets even better from there.

I ADORED the characters! Every one of them were so unique and well developed. And the dragons and wyverns? They were flawless! The story has a good pace, not too slow, but not rushed either.

And the narrator did a stupendous job at reading. I loved his accents and character differentiat
Katie
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
*Received an ARC from Hidden Gems in exchange for an honest review*

If it hadn’t been for the quality of writing this book would have at least 4.5*. I nearly gave up at just the prologue: the writing was awfully simplistic and it was actually quite boring. The story did get better and nearly made up for the writing. I would like to read the rest of the series, just to know how the story ends (hopefully the writing will improve!).

Also, as I was reading I kept feeling a sense of déjà v
Emily Pennington
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Devarius glanced up then dropped to the ground to hide in the brush as a dragon flew overhead. His 29 companions likewise fell to the ground to hide, hoping the dragonrider had not seen them. They were seeking the Resistance and would be killed by the Dragonia Empire if they were caught. They had no village to return to since theirs had already been destroyed. Since their families had been innocent of wrongdoing but were killed anyway, Devarius figured they needed to join the Resistance and stop ...more
Elena Alvarez Dosil
A group of people, after suffering the oppression by their lords mounted on dragons, are in search for the sneaky resistance, but in their way, they found the wyverns.

This is a little and endearing story about how dragons and wyverns change the course of history. I'm ashamed that I didn't know about wyverns before now since they are the coolest and cutest creatures ever, at least as they are described in this book.

The story is entertaining. The places they visit and the w
Mat
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dragonia: Rise of the Wyverns revolves around a man (Devarius) who lost his family to the Dragonia Empire as child and is hell bent on gaining revenge and reclaiming his sister who was kidnapped, the only other person of his family besides himself that was not killed. We spend our time following the story of Devarius and how he has rescued refugees from his village in hopes to get them to the Resistance to fight back against the evil Dragonia Empire. We follow them through the hills and over the ...more
Al Burke
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audiobook of this one, and my review title was "a fast-paced start to a fun-looking series."

Here goes:

The Dragonia Empire has held the land in its thrall for too long. Devarius, orphaned at a young age (yeah, yeah, I know) escaped, but his sister was taken. Years later, Devarius' new home falls foul of the Empire again, but this time manages to lead a small party away while the Empire's dragons destroy his village (don't let him into your house). He vows
Bikram
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobookboom
Disclaimer.
I had requested and received audible version of this book for free from the author, in exchange for an unbiased review.

What I liked about the book -
If you want to listen to a fantasy story about fantastic creatures, packed with action and don't have lots n lots of time for it, Dragonia is for you. It's just a 6 hours long book and it tells a great story within that short time. After the initial chapters, the story takes off at fast pace and it keeps going. Author's writing style paint/>What
Dorothy
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I have received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

This is one of the best fantasy books I've ever read!
I could not put the book down. The story has captivated my interest and it did not disappoint. It took me through a thrilling adventure and a very well executed world building, which was very detailed. The main characters were easy to love and understand. There was a lot of action and a lot of story to it. It was direct to the point and I love how easy it was to read th/>
Space Cowgirl
Nov 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Dragon🐲 Riders Versus The People👪

This is a book📑 for teens, aged 12 to 16 or so. I found the writing to be simplistic and somewhat juvenile, aimed at a younger audience, not an adult audience.

It's the story of two protagonists. One side is the regular folks👪, the farmers and villagers, and the other is a military🔫🔪 like force of Dragon🐲 riders. They have tamed the huge flying 🔥fire dragons🐲 on this fantasy world, and use them to wield power and fear over the regular people👪.
Fiona Andrew
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an awesome adventure. A group of villagers flee for their lives from dragon riders who are burning the village and hanging the villagers. What could a group of villagers do against an Empire that has grown corrupt and needs to be stopped.
The group manage to evade the riders looking for them and have many an amazing adventure along the way.
I loved the way the characters evolved and could imagine the world they lived in. I felt their fear when confronted with dragons and riders. Their brave
Cordyn
Good book

It takes a lot for an author to put out their work for all of us readers to critique, but I'm sure, too, that the satisfaction of a reader enjoying the final product is worth it. In any case, I really liked this book. The action was on point, and I felt that the writing style was compact-no flowery prose getting in the way of the meat of the book. The main character was likeable; he treated the love interest a bit too fragile for my taste, but what good guy wouldn't want to protect
Georganne
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great adventure. Follow the journey of a group of villagers whose village was destroyed by the Dragonia Empire and the dragonriders. Since their village was ruined and their friends and families were killed, the remaining villages are now in search of the Resistance. But are they in search of something real or is it a myth? No one knows for sure. Also the whereabouts of the Resistance is unknown. Then there is the discovery of the wyvern. What are they? Will this tip the balance against the Em ...more
Stephen Merritt
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is very well written. The story brings you right in to where I found myself not wanting to stop reading to find out what happens next. This story follows 3 friends who along with a group of people escape the massacre of a village thought to contain resistance fighters against the Dragon empire. Devarius, Aquila and Paedyn are the main characters in this story as they lead a group on their search for the "Resistance". The dragon empire with their dragon riders are in constant pursuit. T ...more
Diane
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free book and am providing an honest review. This book brings you into the world of humans, dragons and wyverns. Tyranny meets resistance. The emperor goes from a man who does not want to fight to one who terrorizes everyone into submission. You meet characters who are forced to become fighters and defend themselves and others. I love the scene when Devarius meets his wyvern Ayla and helps the resistance fight back. This series is going to be a good series to read. I would recommend ...more
Maurice Jones
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This "number one" of this series started out very depressing..Racial and cultural biases,all peoples oppressed by a cruel dictatorship...as I read further,I saw the makings of heroes arise,Brave individuals who would stand up for freedom.Got good feelings from the story,but as I got to the end,I realized only book two would provide any answers...Entertaining,and heart-felt,it was a worthy read,so on to book two!!
Tamara
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wait, are there 2 different kinds of dragons or is that something else?

If you love books about dragons this one is great. It has more then dragons. This is the journey of several people who have escaped the destruction of their town and who are looking for a way to fight the tyranny of the king and his dragonriders.

Must read to find out what they go though, what they find and if they are strong enough. This is the first book and I can't wait to read the next book.
Aly
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The world of Draconia with dragons and dragonriders. This was a fun book to read. I enjoyed something different than vampires all the time and dragons are fun to read about too. It was a fun adventure. I'm not sure how the author came up with a good action adventure like this one but I went along for the ride. *This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review.*
Jutta
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YAAAAAAAAY dragons......oh...um...hang on a minute hmmmmm. I loved this book, I wasn't quite sure what the story was going to be but I got sucked in and it carried me all the way through. The narrator is brilliant, and I could tell who was who just by the voice used. It's a rather unusual story in my opinion in who the good guys turn out to be....but that made it all the more enjoyable as it progressed. I can't wait for the next book... I listened to this book via audible
Mandy
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Devarius has lost everything due to the government that rules over the land. Him and many others are searching for the resistance to join them and help overthrow the government by all means possible. I would have given this 5 stars but there are times there were too many dialogue tags that weren’t needed or things that could have been worked into the dialogue. It does start a little slow but there is some really good character development and a very interesting storyline.
Tammy
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the take with the dragon vs wyvern story. The story's pace picks up towards the middle after we are introduced to the characters. Devarius and Paedyn are two likable characters and have each other's backs as well as the survivors they are trying to get to the rebellion. I really enjoyed reading about each of the wyvern's powers. The way Devarius figured them out was very interesting. I will be reading the second book soon and am really looking forward to continuing this journey.
November Is Nyarlathotep The Haunted Reading Room
What could be better than dragons? Dragons plus Wyverns! DRAGONIA: RISE OF THE WYVERNS is the first in a very fast-paced epic fantasy series. I found significant parallels in both history and contemporary culture, as a monopoly government seeks to destroy all dissidence (which includes the starving poor who can't pay taxes) and dragons and dragonriders are the means. But when times are worst, Resistance arises. Finally, they have a weapon: Wyverns.
Denise
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the author and read it immediately.
Dragonia: Rise of the Wyverns is a well-written first of a series, and I look forward to reading the next. Craig Price deftly weaves together action, character development, scientific discovery, and cultural background into a compelling story. Vivid descriptions and suspenseful events make this novel a cinematic page-turner.
If you enjoy Anne McCaffrey's dragon books, you should check out this series.
Debby Cash
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deedra
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book.It is a straightforward adventure with the evil horde wiping out villages and a resistance to it.I was impressed with the narration by Reuben Corbett.The language is basically modern and his voices are very good,even with a bit of 'Thurston Howell the third' tossed in.lol I was given this book by the narrator,author or publisher free for an honest review.
Curly's  Ramblings
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audiobook review: Very entertaining story with dragons, resistance fighters, death, and destruction abound in this story along with great well developed and believable characters. The story is a good start to a series! The narrator did a good job! I received a free promo code at y request and have voluntarily left this review.
Tera Comer
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is a new author to me and OMG all I can say is WOW. I loved this book, it reminded me so much of Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern, but with more updated situations. This book is a great start to a fast paced series. Plenty of action, suspense, and drama surrounding the characters that kept me pulled into the book. I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Matthew
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Needs Improvement

-Characters were very plain and lacked quirks
-The plot skipped through time very quickly in inconsistent steps
-Some themes in the story seemed to be taken from other successful authors
-a couple of characters introduced but nothing happened to them after one scene and were "forgotten" by the author

• The Genome Project (The Evolution Gene Book 1)
  • The Blood Will Dry
  • The Tomb and Other Tales
  • Claus: Legend of the Fat Man (Claus,#1)
  • Im Great Priest Imhotep Vol 3
  • Im~イム~(1)
  • Im Great Priest Imhotep Vol 2
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 2 (A Bride's Story, #2)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 (A Bride's Story, #1)
  • Carnival Row: Tangle in the Dark
  • Camp Red Moon
  • Thrive: A Post-Apocalyptic Alien Survival Series (The Pandora Experiment Book 1)
  • Dragon's Fury: Chronicles of the Fifth Kingdom
  • California Bound
  • Race to Terra (Empire of Bones Saga, #10)
  • Lt. Reilly - 2321
  • Revelation: Demon Kin (Kastor Blackwood #1)
  • Realm of Beasts (Legend of the Nameless One, #1)
Craig A. Price Jr. is a USA Today Bestselling Author.
Sword and Sorcery Fantasy, action packed with a touch of humor.
R. A. Salvatore's action meets Terry Goodkind's humor!

Newsletter - Join for a FREE eBook!
Facebook
Amazon
Craig A. Price Jr. is a USA Today Bestselling Author.
Sword and Sorcery Fantasy, action packed with a touch of humor.
R. A. Salvatore's action meets Terry Goodkind's humor!

Newsletter - Join for a FREE eBook!
Facebook
Amazon
Twitter
Bookbub

Dragonia Empire (3 books)
  • Dragonia: Revenge of the Dragons (Dragonia Empire, #2)
  • Dragonia: Dragon Stone (Dragonia Empire, #3)