Start by marking “Best Served Cold” as Want to Read:
Best Served Cold

Best Served Cold

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  758 Ratings  ·  215 Reviews
Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Which is a real problem when the attraction runs red-hot.

Ice-cream store owner Raelynn Fortune has everything but her last name—fortune.

Despite living in a Floridian hotspot for tourists, she just can’t get her business back off the ground. And she knows why.

Her rival store next door is run by nobody other than her ex, and with his fancy-
Published September 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Best Served Cold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Served Cold

Bibliophile  Chloe
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emma Hart is one of the top romantic comedy authors there are out there! I am declaring it! I am in the process of stalking her faithfully.

Best Served Cold is the story of Raelynn and Chase.

This couple is epically funny! They are fantastically real and they love each other despite their idiosyncrasies. They both know they have rough edges, but as Chase says "her rough edges fit to mine..."

Rae and Chase have a long history. It's lovely and then it's not. There is some epic fails on Chase's part t
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
Best served cold was a refreshing, fun, romantic comedy and it was like a breath of fresh air. Emma Hart is such a talented author who weaves a wonderful story-line filled with humour, angst and romance.

The main characters have a jaded history and now own shops next door to each other and in direct competition with each other. Still they were wonderful as was the tension between them and the undeniable attraction.

Raelynn was a fantastic character. Funny, unique and warm she was a delight to read
Cristina
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now, this is the perfect book to get you out of a reading slump. Funny, short and interesting.
I really liked this couple. Hate at first, turning into love - not that love didn’t exist before, they were a couple 2 years ago, but let’s pretend that the girl was “new” at this love chapter considering that she hated Chase.
Anyway, I laughed a lot! How could someone be so clumsy?? I don’t get it. Lucky for Rae, Chase was there for the rescue - every time!
Another thing that I liked in this book was
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: September 25, 2018
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Actual Rating: 5 stars

Best Sold Cold is the latest romantic comedy from one of my all time favorite authors, Emma Hart. She serves up a deliciously funny second chance romance with this one, and readers are going to swooning HARD. Not only is this a second chance romance but it is also an enemies to lovers/ exes to lovers romcom. You can imagine just how good the banter is between these two, can't you?

Rae and Chase have a history. They
Shayna
“She was rough around the edges, and so was I. Find me a human who wasn’t a little rough around the edges on the inside. All I hoped was that she’d wake up and realize that her rough edges fit right into mine.”

You know the romance reads that make you feel all gooey, happy, and lively inside? Well, that is the kind of romance that Emma Hart writes EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. With almost no effort, she transports her readers to a magical place full of happiness, joy, hilarity, and love. The characters
Sylvie
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, new-adult
3.75/5 Stars!

Emma Hart writes the best rom-com books! They're always light, fast paced and cute.
❤Sana❤
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, humorous
⭐3,5 unicorn stars!⭐

Best Served Cold was a funny light-hearted story about two people who were so madly in love with each other but insecurities got in their way.

For me, this book was not what I'm used to in Emma Hart's previous books. The banter was too much for my liking and the hate was a little bit redicilous but the overall, it was an okay read.
Melissa B
In true Emma Hart fashion she gives us a priceless, entertaining, laugh out loud RomCom that is undeniably perfection! I devoured this hilarious book in less than 24 hours because I just couldn't put it down. Raelynn and Chase's story was filled with hurt, witty banter, laughable one-liners and rekindled love....so how could you go wrong! This is unequivocally one of my favorite RomCom's this year!
Ari
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
*3.5 Stars!*

For two years, Raelynn Fortune has watched as her ex-boyfriend, Chase Aaron, and owner of the rival ice cream shop across the street steal away her customers one by one. What's even worse is that he used her own design plan to do so and now Raelynn's shop is suffering because of it. But now she's done playing around and she's ready to take back the title as the best ice cream shop in Key West. Raelynn's got a new plan up her sleeve and if things go her way she'll not only get her s
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
NO SPOILERS!

Best Served Cold was a fun, hilarious, and entertaining standalone romantic comedy, and I loved it so much! The storyline and characters were wonderful, and I really enjoyed Emma Hart’s writing style and sense of humor. Best Served Cold has definitely been one of my favorite rom-coms from Ms. Hart so far, and I’m looking forward to her next one, Tequila, Tequila!

The storyline was very enjoyable. The plot was fun, fresh, unique, and kept me entertained from beginning to end. I loved
Kim
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just when I thought I could not love Emma Hart’s writing any more, she just served us all a big heaping helping of fun in Best Served Cold, which is by far my favorite rom com this year!

Best Served Cold is the story of once lovers now enemies who have been at odds for two years. Raelynn is the owner of a failing ice cream shop and her ex boyfriend, Chase, is her competition. Right. Next. Door. While Chase has gone about fixing things with Raelynn the wrong way, he finally tells her the truth an
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Same Review Also Posted On My Blog: Dreamy Addictions

Best Served Cold is a second chance stand-alone Romance written by the wonderful Emma Hart. It was actually my first Emma Hart book and I had fun reading it but I can't say that it was my favorite. It was a short romance read and I think it'll work out for people who're looking for something light, quick, and fun. Raelynn and Chase are enjoyable characters but I found Raelynn a bit too stubborn. I really loved the cute cover of this book it wa
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

font_rend_1

A fun, breezy, light romantic comedy that will leaves you smiling like a fool!! Emma Hart has done it again with Best Served Cold, a second chance romance that was witty, full of banter, and of course Hart’s sass. Hart serves a romance that will leave readers devouring this book in one sitting. With wonderful charismatic characters and a lovely story line, I couldn’t help but fall in love with love. This book was another reminder of hope an
Escape into a Booksite
Shelves: kindle, favorites
*5 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

Emma Hart has done it again with the second chance romance. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of Best Served Cold, and I’m sure this will be a hit with her readers.

Rae is snarky and sassy and funny, and I totally loved her as our main female lead. And Chase, he's sexy and swoony, and just damned adorable as our male lead.

Once Rae starts getting her renovations underway, and Chase pops back into her life, things get interesting, an
BookSmacked
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another adorable read from Emma Hart. Best Served Cold is a second chance/enemies to lovers romance that I found witty and entertaining.

Chase and Raelynn are exes who also happen to both own Ice Cream shops, Chase opened his after Raelynn breaks up with him which is a bit of a douchebag move if you ask me. This story starts off with Rae deciding it's time to take the reigns back as her store is failing while Chase's seems to be doing well.

This storyline has the two of them back in each other's
Marishka
I could never get into this book. I cared more about what ice cream she was making than either of them.

I read till about 50ish% then started skimming.

Safety- There was a two year separation but neither were with others.
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy and voluntarily left a review and all opinions are my own.

Emma Hart's books always bring rays of sunshine into a sometimes cloudy day. Best Served Cold did just that with all the snark, heat, and laughter that accompanied every chapter of Raelynn and Chase's journey through love, heart break, hate, revenge to only find out that they never stopped loving each other to begin with. Every page of every chapter left me in tears of mirth, gasp of surprise, or with hot flashes gulpin
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
Read an EXCERPT here

I'm so sorry for I have been living under a rock to not have discovered Emma Hart's writing sooner. Raelynn's and Chase's story was a second chance romance with a heavy dose of sassy, heart melting romance, and a story that made me crave ice cream more with each page. The best part it is standalone!

Raelynn and Chase have a history, a very romantic history that abruptly ended with a break-up. A break-up that ended up with Chase opening a competing ice cream store next door to
Kahea
***5 ‘You’re Cute. Mostly’ Stars***

The snark was strong in this one. Oh. So. Mind scrambling strong.
Not that I was surprised, I mean, Four Day Fling anyone???
But just like with that one, I got sucked into Raelynn and Chase’s surprisingly sweet, wonky, smexy, full of heart and ice cream filled journey and found it difficult to put it down, even when I really felt the need to toss the Kindle into the freezer.

Even with the knowledge that this was an enemies to lovers romance, I still wasn’t tota
Amy
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Delicious & Entertaining Stars!!

“Emotion was a funny thing. Emotion controlled you in ways you didn’t understand. Instead of being rational, I freaked out.”

“If you kept playing with fire, even your heart will melt.”

“There’s a fine line between love and hate, and sometimes, it ain’t hate at all. It’s hurt.”

“Chase loved me the way people loved in movies. Unabashedly. Unashamedly, unconditionally.”

If you’re looking for a fun, light read that’s filled with lots of heart and will give you all t
sonia
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: three-star
2.5 stars****

I didn't want to rate this a three star, but also didn't want to drop it down to a two star. AGGGHHHH!

Rae is struggling to keep her ice cream shop open and it's all her ex-boyfriend's fault. Two years ago, Rae's life got uproared as she dealt with a family member dying, her parents leaving, and the family business dropped on her shoulders. With all of that happening there was no way she could handle being in a relationship too, right. Better off to just set him free, right? Back to
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"The sound of her voice captivated me in a way I couldn't explain. Even when she was throwing sass like it was her damn job."

Best Served Cold was my introduction to Emma Hart. What can I say, it was the ice cream cones on the cover that caught my attention. I kinda have a thing for them. 😉

I started off thinking the banter between Raelynn and her bestie Sophie was pretty hilarious, but then I met her grandparents and Chase. That's when it became obvious that my face was going to be tired from
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Emma Hart is one of my favorite authors out there and I love the worlds she creates, always knowing exactly what to expect when I open one of her books... with the ease and predictability of her journeys and the fire and sass in her characters.

Best Served Cold is her latest standalone romantic comedy and I loved every single moment of it, devouring all the words until the pages quit turning. Enemies to lovers with a side of undeniable chemistry... A second chance romance that was complet
Isha Coleman
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
It's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game. Chase and Raelynn are caught up in a bad cliche. Pride has them fighting a losing battle with both determined to keep score. Can these former lovers let go of mistakes of the past and work toward rebuilding their future? Hart uses the perfect blend of sweet and salty to create a tasty treat. Best Served Cold is a tempting glimpse of an uphill climb. War of the sexes with a sugary twist equals an enchanting good time.
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ice Cream and a new Emma Hart RomCom in one? Yes PLEASE!!!!

I love Emma Hart's characters because the women are sassy and spunky and just awesome. They're a bit quirky - or a lot - and just really seem like real people to me. I can totally imagine being friends with them or meeting someone like them.

Rae and her ice cream shop are a perfect combination. She has an uncanny ability to make amazing homemade ice cream from crazy combinations and they'll taste amazing. She just has to come up with a
Jenny B
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was so refreshing for my soul and left me laughing but still had the angst and tension I love. I loved all the snark and wit from the characters and just everything about this book. Emma Hart has written another fantastic book!
fatima.
Sep 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Nina
Sep 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF!

h is super annoying - the author prefers her heroines immature
Rebecca
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s always interesting when I read a second chance romance where the hero and heroine break up and end up loathing one another for a variety of reasons with such reckless abandon that every interaction is a production - one that could easily turn into a three-ring circus or a WWE wrestling match, even if they’re merely fighting with words because readers are more than aware that scathing words are just as destructive and volatile as any physical encounter could be.

It’s kind of a shitshow when R
Avidez Literaria
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“You don’t ruin the person you love!”

They say that revenge is a dish best served cold and Raelynn is anxious to prove that theory. Her passion is her ice cream shop, an establishment that has been passing from generation to generation in her family. When she finally became the owner, she hoped she could put into practice everything she had ever dreamed of. But when she breaks up with her boyfriend, he opens a store next to hers. An ice cream shop. Using all her ideas. Chase, better known as an e
Emma Hart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels and has been translated into several different languages. She first put fingers to keys at the age of eighteen after her husband told her she read too much and should write her own.
Four years later, she's still figuring out what he meant when he said she 'read too much.'

She prides herself on writing smart smut