Start by marking “Silencing Anna” as Want to Read:
Silencing Anna

Silencing Anna

Published July 6th 2018 by 3P Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Silencing Anna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silencing Anna

Nicki
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anna Bright is in hospital,in a coma after being found bairly alive in a hotel bathroom. Anna is trapped inside her own body,she can't move,she can't see or speak. She can hear the nurses chattering and her family and friends when they come to visit. As Anna desperately tries to communicate with the outside world,someone is watching her,someone who would prefer it if Anna was silent....permanently.

Words can have many definitions as can relationships. This is the story of two different variations
lovebooks
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Silencing Anna is a good book. It’s a little slow at times. It’s a story about Anna who is in a deep coma and about her boyfriends and her life before and during the coma.

#netgalley
Jessica Bronder
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anna is in a coma. She can hear those around her but she can’t communicate with them or even move. There is a clear sense of panic as she is trying to figure out what is happening and how desperately she is trying to communicate with everyone around her. Then the story goes into Anna and Dylan’s relationship. They are a cute couple and good for each other. But then James comes into the picture. He is an all around jerk but Anna falls for him.

James seems like the perfect guy but then his true col
Chitra Iyer
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Silencing Anna by Sadie Mitchell is a fantastic psychological thriller that is sure to grab eyeballs right from the start. Oh my, what a read! And yes, as mentioned in many other reviews, it does have a twist at the end, fabulous! I can’t stop raving about the book, it is just too good!

I know you guys are getting impatient. So I’ll divulge in all the details for you but first, a short summary. Here we go.

Summary

Anna Bright is in a coma. At the hospital, she can hear people about but cannot move.
Els
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everybody deserves a second, third, fourth, ... chance, don't they?

From the very first page, I was captivated. I loved the way the author has the ability to make me feel the emotions she put down on paper. I was as angry, frustrated, happy, sad and afraid as Anna, but I also wanted to shake her and make her see sense.

On the other hand, I understand her behaviour as well. She wanted to help and see the good, even in the worst situations, and forgot about putting herself first when the going gets
Roma Sharma
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**Thank you to Net Galley and 3P Publishing for the Advanced Reader Copy in exchange for an unbiased review.**

Trigger Warning: domestic violence, anger issue, loss of a partner, coma patients.

The book draws you in from page 1! It’s written simply and makes you want to read it more and more. Sadie Mitchell’s penmanship hooks you instantly. The books oscillates between the past and the present and the writing is precise and engaging. When the story moves from Dylan to James to Anna’s current situa
Alison
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I picked up Silencing Anna and read a huge portion of it before I realised how much time had passed. Anna is currently lying in a hospital bed frozen in every form. You can sense the sheer panic of her being able to hear people but not be capable of expressing her own feelings in any shape or form, no speech, no movement, minimal tears. The author wrote this with the chilling accuracy of getting under the readers skin. I really felt Anna’s frustration and being from a medical background I found ...more
Michelle
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Voices surround Anna as she lies on her hospital bed, but she cannot answer them. Her voice has been taken, along with her mobility and her sight. She can hear the nurses chattering and her family that come to visit. Her mum cries a lot and her dad struggles to deal with what he sees. Life used to be good for Anna, but life can change in a heartbeat, as she knows so well.

And then there are the people we think we know. When the smile hides the anger. When the beauty hides the beast.

Only Anna know
Caroline Venables
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a excellent debut novel by Sadie Mitchell, and I will definitely read her second.
At the beginning of the book Anna is in hospital, unable to communicate with the outside world.  She can feel, hear and think, and she tells us her story through her thoughts.  An intelligent student Anna is starting her life, in love and with her future mapped out.
Her life changes dramatically and she struggles to carry on with the life she had planned, and she then she meets James.  Handsome and generous,
Jessica Belmont
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a debut novel, people! I couldn’t believe it. This grips you from page one, and doesn’t let you go until you’ve finished the novel. I could not put Silencing Anna down. It’s a unique plot, unlike anything I’ve read. Anna is in a coma, and you can feel the panic of not being able to express her feelings, yet being able to hear everyone around her. It’s chilling and frustrating – Sadie Mitchell writes with such vivid accuracy, that you almost feel like you’re lying there with Anna.

We are t
Donna Maguire

I enjoyed this story, the idea is great and the execution is very good.

The characters are strong and well developed, the pace was good but I did find it a little slow at times but I am very glad I persisted with the story.

I enjoyed how the story told the life before and after her accident as well as dealing with the trauma of her being in the hospital – I can only imagine how horrific it must be to be in a situation like this. I enjoyed how the story progr
Sam Burrows
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow! Such a great book, I couldn't wait for bedtime so I could get back to it! Tension, sadness, revenge, fear, anger,happiness and loss all covered in this book. I did put 2and 2 together regarding Anna's worsening condition but this certainly didn't spoil the story in any way it just made me hope that someone would realise before it was too late. Great read 5 stars 🌟
Kathy
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley for the opportunity to review Silencing Anna. I found the beginning part of this novel to be a bit choppy but about a third of the way through, the author hit her stride. I found the characters to be believable and the story engaging. At times the abuse scenes seemed a little contrived while other times, they felt authentic. Overall I’d give this book three stars.
Jenny
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Anna is in a coma following an accident that everyone thinks was an assault by her abusive boyfriend. The book follows three strands of story – Anna in the coma, Anna’s time with her ‘first love’ Dylan and Anna’s life with the abusive James.

There are a few parts of the book that are actually very well done. The section describing Anna hallucinating was vivid and was one of the few times I felt for Anna. And the concept is an interesting one, narrated by someone in a coma, combining three differ
Misfits farm
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(Trigger warning: Domestic abuse, coma, anger issues ) Anna is in hospital after a fall. She is trapped inside her body as she can’t see, speak or move but can hear. She was found almost dead by a hotel worker in the bathroom having hit her head on the bidet. The thing is that the police think that her boyfriend James was the cause of the fall and it looks like he is going to be prosecuted for attempted manslaughter. Whilst Anna is in this trapped, frustrated state she takes us through various p ...more
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, fiction
‘Silencing Anna’ is the story of how Anna ends up in a coma, unable to move or speak, yet able to hear everything that is going on around her. I have such mixed feelings about this book. Content-wise, the story was absolutely brilliant, and the way in which Sadie was able to flit back in forth between the current time and what she experiences whilst in a coma, and the past events that lead up to her being in a coma, was so cleverly and seamlessly executed. The main theme of the book is domestic ...more
Lynnette
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Silencing Anna grabbed me from the first sentence and I didn't want to stop reading. The times I did have to put it down I found myself thinking about it.
The description of the cycle of domestic violence is incredibly accurate. Anna's actions and confusion are also an accurate description of what goes on in the mind of someone trapped in that kind of relationship.
From being trapped in an abusive relationship to being trapped in her own body, Anna exemplifies strength and wisdom.
This should be
Curious Reader
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
This is an interesting read. Anna is in coma. The story shifts from her time before coma and how she ends up in coma. It was an unusual story. Her description about what she is going through while she is in coma like the nurses washing her, her legs itching and all was so saddening.

Note: I received a free e-copy of the book via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. Special thanks to the author and publisher for giving me a chance to read it.
Jane Petch
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic, moving and life affirming

What Sadie has managed to do is not just a work of art but has managed to reach out to others in or have been in abusive relationships. It's a masterful book that holds you to the very end. I can't wait to read the next book - seriously good read, highly recommended.
Mary Thomas
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for my copy.

This is a very well researched story of emotional and physical abuse. It drew me in from the beginning and kept my interest throughout. The author captures the fear that Anna must have felt at the hands of her abuser and then whilst in the hospital beautifully.
Janice Lombardo
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anna Bright suffers from "locked-in" syndrome. She can hear everyone in her hospital room, but has no ability to move or communicate with the outside world. Machines keep her alive. Everyone who visits her is convinced that she became this way during a murder attempt by her boyfriend, James.

But this is not really true - she actually did slip and fall and hit her head on the toilet in a hotel room! James faces prison time. Anna faces a life of "nothing", missing her teaching job, friends and fami
Mark Dare
Oct 02, 2018
Ally lockyer
Dec 29, 2018
Emma Bailey
Dec 31, 2018
MarylineD
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you NetGalley and 3p Publishing for letting me read Silencing Anna by Sadie Mitchell for an honest review. All opinions are my own!

My first time reading Sadie Mitchell, I don't regret it! Good job!

One word to describe it : WOW!
Anna is in a coma, this is her life before and during that time. You get to know her, her life, people in it, things that happened...
It's deep, moving! Well written! I was hooked from page 1! I couldn't put it down, I wanted to know more!
Warning : about abuse, vi
Kelly Fernandez
This book had me hooked from the very beginning and I thought that it was really well written and engaging. It did bring up some emotions and thoughts for me, so it might be triggering for some people. Anna is in a coma in present day and the story cuts to scenes from her past that provide background on how she came to be where she is now. The author’s writing style made the various points in time flow really well together and easy to follow despite the different story lines that were taking pla ...more
Claire
Aug 27, 2018
Cristie Underwood
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
This was a unique book because the main character, Anna, was in a coma. The story focuses on the time before she was in the coma and during the coma when she is aware of everything going on around her, but cannot voice what she is feeling. The premise was intriguing to me and I am glad that I went with my instinct, as this book was amazing!
Julie Selfe