Start by marking “Penance (Chicago Defiance MC, #2)” as Want to Read:
Penance (Chicago Defiance MC, #2)

Penance

(Chicago Defiance MC #2)

I'm not sure how it happened.
The way the cord of life can splinter and snap without warning.

My family—in hiding from the Japanese Yakuza.
My club—at war with the very organization my family is hiding from.

Though, amidst the chaos, there is one shining light.
A Spanner in the works.
A woman who’s not only the complete opposite of me, and everything I stand for, but a woman who
Published July 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Penance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Penance

Start your review of Penance (Chicago Defiance MC, #2)
Mandie
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was intense. It was my first read by this author. I really enjoyed the writing style, and I couldn’t get enough of the characters!! I can’t wait to read more from this author.
Joelle
Sensei and Ayla/Spanner's Story

This story had so many moments throughout the story that made me laugh out loud.I love that in a story.

I loved the story from cover to cover. Ayla/Spanner she was the perfect match for Sensei in every way. I loved how easy and fun their courtship was.I loved how Spanner was the instigator of their so called courtship. (LOL) her antics were priceless!

I loved seeing Sensei struggle with his emotions just in the fact that he was such a control freak and that he never
Emma James
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I did get to have an early read of Penance and time has gotten a little ahead of me, so here is my review.

I knew I was going to love Sensei in Resistance (book 1). I even told Ms. Osborn that he was mine. Mwah ha ha ha ha haaaa.

It's okay. I can share.

Then I learned his book was next.

Giddy up!

Ayla and Sensei are so good together. I love them as a couple. I may be a little jealous of Ayla, but alas I can admit I'm too much cougar for Sensei. ;)

Ayla is a gorgeous character working in a man's
Missy Noecker
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sensei and Ayla's journey was great! Sensei was always cool, calm and collected when we met him in the first story and now we get to know more about him. I loved meeting his family and learning more about why he was the way he was. Ayla is his opposite, she is fierce and a tomboy. There was plenty of action and enough romance. I can't wait to see more of the Defiance MC and its members.
Rhea
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A good read, I love the way the book flowed on from the first one with a different couples story.
Chris Murray
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breath taking!!!!!

Wow! This story was wonderful. I absolutely loved Sensei and Spanner. Two opposite worlds collide in this hot romance. The banter between character is outrageous funny.
Madeleine East
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What was I thinking waiting this long to read this amazing series? The more I read, the better it keeps getting. There’s a war waging on between the Defiance MC & the Yakuza. Loved Sensei and Ayla’s story. So much action and nail biting intense. Can’t wait for #3.
Teresa Lara
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving this series
Love the Defiance mc
Loved Sensai and Sass broken heart stopping love story
So ready for Traxx
Donna
This book had me turning pages so fast, my heart pumping and at times it was because of the steamy connection between Sensei/Raiden and Sass/Ayla and other times it was because of the intense things going on, which I won’t mention too much because I don’t want to give too much away.

Sensei and Sass are complete opposites, and that confuses him in a way. Because their connection is very strong. He longs for her when she’s not around, and when she is they can’t keep their hands off each other. Sass
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This is the second book in the series and oh HOLY HELL it was off the chain! I mean I could not put it down because I needed to know what was going to happen next. And let me tell you I was not disappointed. Penance had it all in it from betrayal, trust, crazy arse action, and yes the ultimate bad guys.

We get to meet Sensei and boy oh boy I loved him in Resistance but he really won my heart in Penance. We finally get the story behind why he is the way he is. I mean he is quiet and reserved and
Mandy Parmenter
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sensei is surrounded by drama - his family is hiding from the Japanese Yakuza (an organisation who wants to buy and control everything), his club is at war with them (they want to control Chicago and push everyone else out) and then he meets a woman called Spanner who is the shining light in his world (even though now isn't really the time). She is the complete opposite of him but it's like he is an addict and cannot stay away. You would think it would never work but in a bizarre way they ...more
Mary
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diving back into the Chicago Defiance MC is full of intense drama. Sensei realizes that the new threat to the club may be because of him and his family which puts his whole family in danger. As they work to figure out how to handle the Yakuza, Sensei meets Spanner, an auto mechanic and is blown away by this sassy woman with incredible skill. Spanner, aka Ayla, is a great match for Sensei. He maintains this stoic exterior and she truly gets to him and helps him loosen up which lets us get to know ...more
Nardia Barnes
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in this MC series, has you taking off where book one finished. But don't be discouraged if you haven't read the first one, you will still get what's going on, but I do recommend that you start at the beginning so you can the true sense of he storyline.

Sensei has a checked past, for a better lack of the word, but also a very honourable man who would stop at nothing to protect his family as well as his MC family. He is them thrown off kilter when he meets Spanner, the daughter of the clubs
Konny
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Penance by KE Osborn is the second book in The Chicago Defiance MC Series. While interconnected, every book can easily be read as a standalone. Anyway, I recommend to read the books in order. The previous book is Resistance.

Penance is Raiden and Sassstory.
Raiden - Sensei - is member of The Chicago Defiance MC. His father is part of the Yakuza and he and his men are back in town and Senseis family is in grave danger.
But to top it off, just at this time he meets his fate. In form of a sassy
Kylee
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Penance is the second book in The Chicago Defiance MC series and this series just keeps getting better. Sensei is the guarded brother who prides himself on being calm and controlled. However when that control is disrupted by a past his family is hiding from, along with a sassy female mechanic that has his mind filled with thoughts of her, he will be put to the ultimate test. Their story is flirty, sexy, witty and full of the grit you crave in a MC romance. Penance will have you on the edge of ...more
Kimkbries
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Sensi finds his family and his MC is in danger from a new group in town, the last thing he should be thinking about is the spitfire of a lady named Ayla. There is something about her that keeps him needing to be with her. While Sensi works with his MC to try and save his family and the MC he also works on figuring out his heart. This story was filled with plenty of action and romance. I enjoyed Ayla and her family. She is a strong willed woman who gives Sensi a run for his money. Together ...more
Debbie
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was impress with the first book of this series but I think this one surpasses it. I really liked the characters, Ayla is a female in a mans world and pretty much can go toe to toe with them but still knows how to throw out the femininity and Sensei is just calm, centred with a rage that can come forward. They really are The yin and yang couple. Everything is going on in this book but it’s written well and is easy to read and I was grabbed from the first page. Looking forward to more in this ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this phenomenal series, and is Sensei and Ayla’s story. These two are total opposites, as Sensei is always so cool and collected, and Ayla is a feisty tomboy after bring brought up by her dad and two brothers. Ayla / Sass certainly keeps Sensei on his toes, and when the past comes back to haunt his family, will he be able to protect them all? No spoilers; this is a definite must read series, you will not be disappointed! This is a well written flawless story, which is ...more
Melissa
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sensei and Sass, what can I say but two opposites that fit in all the right ways. Sensei aka Rai or Raiden had me intrigued in the first book of the series, so much so that when I got my hands on this book I was as giddy as a little school girl. He has so many layers and facets he just draws you in with what he shows to the outside world and what goes on under that mask. Ayla aka Sass is loud, brash but has a softer side many don’t get to see. This book had me from page 1 and I really didn’t ...more
Bonnie Mancuso
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
KE IS BRILLIANT!!!
Penance is Sensei and Ayla's story. He's the enforcer in the Defiance MC and she becomes their mechanic. Sparks fly when these two meet. Sensei wasn't expecting a beautiful, fiery redhead to show up when he called for a mechanic to salvage one of his brothers bikes. The chemistry is off the hook with these two. But once again, there's danger in Chicago. The Yakuza are taking over everything. The Defiance MC must join forces with the Italian mafia to defeat them. But can the
Carla
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Penance is the second book in The Chicago MC series.

Sensi's life is kind of all over the place. He learns that not only is his club in danger but his family as well. As if this is not enough to deal with, he meets a woman who consumes his every thought. He vows to protect his club, his family, and his new woman, but is that even possible?

The story that follows is filled with danger and violence, but it also has a sweet love story that you are sure to love!
Lisa Lawson
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Penance is book two of "The Chicago Defiance MC Series." This story has everything.....MC club, Italian Mafia and the Ishikawa Yakuza, making it a highly intense, action packed read full of plot twists. It also shows the love, family and brotherhood of a MC Club and the advantages and burdens that come by being a member or affiliated with one. I loved Sensei and Ayla's story. Each book in this series keeps getting better. 5 stars!
Lisa   cheney
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You will want to pick this up and read it. I thought it was better than the first book in the series it's a hot MC biker book that is not going to leave you disappointed. Sensie knows there is treat to his family and that also involves the club. can he find out who it is before it's to late? when he meets spanner the sparks and instant attraction is off the charts. I hope you will love this as much as I did.
Andrea
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"He needs a yang to his yin. I believe you will be the light for his dark."

Wow Wow Wow! KE Osborn this book is amazing! Amazon should let me give it ten stars.

This book is why I read MC and love it. It has darkness and light, grit and laughter. At one point it even made me squeamish. I love Resistance but Penance is amazing.
Sensai is the talk, dark, brooding bad boy that all the girls fall in love with. Ayla is one tough chick, but also light and laughter. She is irresistible and I couldn't wait
Denise Van plew
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my was I on a wild one with this one. Entering in I got into the characters right away with Sassy really being a good one. Her and Sensei make a great one with being along each part of this one that built exciting. The heat was as hot as a bike's pipe too. The drama kept you going back and forth with the rush carrying you along. Terrific climax that was a surprise too.
Debbie Earley
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

WOW what a ride! Ayla is a women I can totally relate to as she was raised by her father and is bit of a tomboy, but she has knows how to be a lady when the time calls for it. Sensei holy cow he is what every girl dreams of and a complete alpha. When these two get together their chemistry is off the charts and the kink omg hot hot hot!! I couldn't put this book down and I can't wait to see what happens next!
Angela Thomas
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The men of Defiance MC! If you haven’t started this series you should! Full of twist, turns, & holy hell what now? Loving this group of men & the strong women who make their heads spin. Mc, Italian mob, & more all in one book
Chantell Reid
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not one for MC books, Osborn has me hooked. I love that you still see characters from book one as you meet new ones. Sensei’s story is great! Slight triggers. As always, a great mix of humor, heat and violence. The plot twist..didn’t see that coming!
Shannon Godwin
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m loving this series! Kept me on the edge of my seat. I love Sass! I really love that Foxy remains a big part of this book. I’m so looking forward to Trax’s story. I feel it’s going to be even more tense than the others.
Nicole Mcclain
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this second story

This is starting to become my favorite MC series! Sensei and Sass were a great couple with hot...I mean hot chemistry. And Sass was just that...Sassy! I liked that she was just one of the guys and had a male profession.
Besides the romance, this book had tense excitement and the continued conflict that made the first book great. Looking forward to book three!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Little Jack (Hell's Handlers MC Book 6)
  • Judge (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs Book 2)
  • Savior (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs Book 3)
  • Copper (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs Book 1)
  • Home Forever (Texas Knights MC, #1)
  • Demetri, The Volkov Empire
  • Every Little Thing (Bayou Devils MC #7)
  • The Devil's Angels MC: Book 3 - Pooh
  • Blackwings MC: The Complete Series
  • Irrevocable (The Exiled Eight MC Book 1)
  • Phoenix (Blackwings MC Book 3)
  • Duke (Blackwings MC Book 2)
  • Hell's Fire MC: The Full Series
  • Jigsaw (Hell's Handlers MC, #3)
  • Knights of Sin MC: The Complete Series
  • Savage Lies: Savage Angels MC #7
  • Maverick (Hell's Handlers MC, #2)
  • The Devil's Angels MC
Australian author K E Osborn was born and raised in Adelaide, South Australia. With a background in graphic design and a flair for all things creative, she felt compelled to write the story brewing in her mind.

Writing gives her life purpose. It makes her feel, laugh, cry, and get completely enveloped with the characters and their story lines. She feels completely at home when writing and wouldn’t

Chicago Defiance MC (7 books)
  • Resistance (Chicago Defiance MC, #1)
  • Deviance (The Chicago Defiance MC, #3)
  • Sufferance (The Chicago Defiance MC, #4)
  • Acceptance (The Chicago Defiance MC, #5)
  • Balance (Chicago Defiance MC, #6)
  • Defiance (The Chicago Defiance MC Series Book 7)