Start by marking “Mess Me Up (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mess Me Up (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #1)

Mess Me Up

(Bear Bottom Guardians MC #1)

When Rome Pierce moved to Bear Bottom, Texas, it was his intention to lay low. To not be seen. To find a way to heal his body and soul—as well as his son’s.

Nobody would know by looking at him that he used to play professional football. Not with the Bear Bottom MC cut covering his back, and definitely not with his friendly smile completely obliterated.

No longer is there
Published September 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Mess Me Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mess Me Up

Start your review of Mess Me Up (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3 Stars

I’m in the minority in not loving this book. The story was a bit choppy, undone, and overwrought with conveniences in some places.

But I did like it well enough.

That said, I think this thing needed a trigger warning - STAT - and thought it was kind of jacked that the author put in her author note that she thought about doing so...but really wanted people to “feel Rome’s pain.”

I'm sorry, but some pain isn’t meant to be re-lived by reading a romance novel, folks. And while I think the aut
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I knew right from the start that Mess Me Up was really going to mess me up. And it did. After everything I learned about Rome in Tyler's book, Too Bad So Sad, I knew that his story was going to try to break me. And it tried really hard. The beginning of this book made me smile so hard and cry so desperately.

I was a mess! Rome's story was at once incredibly sad and incredibly heartwarming. While it devastated my heart, it also found a way to soothe it. It was full of hope and pain and heartb
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those ugly cry, sob your heart out kind of books. Rome and Izzy are one of my favorite couples with growth and development done exceptionally well. Izzy was so special. She was the epitome of a selfless, giving person with the biggest of hearts. Rome needed that in his life and she brought it at the right time. Rome was sexy sure, but he was so much more. His role as a father included love, compassion, responsibility and so much more. Together, these two are perfect.

The plot left
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MESS ME UP: is the first full length, romance series within the (Bear Bottom Guardians MC #1) by 'new to me author' Lani Lynn Vale. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives'

'Rome Pierce' an ex professional football player, gave up playing the game due to unforeseen circumstances requiring him to retire early, and joined a motorcycle club 'The Bear Bottom Guardian's' when he needed a family the most, they were there for him.

'Isadora Solis' was a hardworking cleaner with Pixie Dust Cleaning Servic
Erth
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As soon as this hit my kindle, I was away reading, read it in one sitting. I just couldnt put it down. My heart broke for Rome, cried right along with him in the passing of his precious son but loved Isadora for being there in his time of need and the after. I have read every single book this author has written and thought that Papa Bear was my favourite book, but Rome and Izzy has gone into my no.1 favourite of all and Papa Bear has been bumped down to no.2.

I have ask Lani if Slate will get a b
Denisa
Meh.

Not bad but nothing to write home about either.

Good writing though, worth trying at least.
Gi's Spot Reviews
5 ‘Perfectly Messed Up’ Stars

O...M...F...G... Once again, Lani Lynn Vale completely and utterly wrecked my heart, built it back up and made it soar! There is truly no better way to say it but this: MESS ME UP wholesome heartedly, PERFECTLY MESSED ME UP!!!

Get really for ALL the gut wrecking emotions and a lot of sobbing! I promise it will me all worth it!

Review to follow (must clean all the Kleenex first and get my heart in control)....

ARC kindly provided by the author via InkSlinger PR for a
Vashti
Jun 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Kathy West
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Get your tissues ready! This book is a tear-jerker!!

I have wanted to know Rome’s story since reading Tyler’s story. Rome seemed like a man who was caught between a rock and a hard place. After reading his book…he defiantly was.

This review is hard to write without giving to many details away.

Rome and Izzy don’t have a fairytale story. Their story is full of tears and heartbreak. But it is also full of love and forgiveness.

Rome is taking care of his sick some Matias. Matias’ mom has decided sh
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
GAH! There is no sugar coating it: Mess Me Up is hands down one of the best books I've read this year. It is intense and heartbreaking and told in such a manner that your emotions are constantly in flux. I seriously went from a sobbing mess to feeling excited and giddy. Vale wrote the most perfect emotionally distraught characters who found something in one another that they needed in order to continue living. It was the most intense and exhilarating roller coaster ride that will stay with me fo ...more
Lu Bielefeld
Wow!! Prepare the paper tissues because you will get very emotional in several scenes. We were expecting these events, but we felt the pain as if it were our own. We feel the pain and sorrow of the hero.
Very good, kudos to the author!

I’d lost nearly everything. My child, my reason for living, had been diagnosed with leukemia. My best friend, the man who had been a constant in my life for the majority of it, hadn’t spoken to me in over four years because of Tara. Tara was a lying, deceitful bitch
Pam Nelson
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh man, this book will crack your heart wide open, that beginning man oh man. Rome and his little boy together are the sweetest you can’t help but love the two of them.

Normally I love LLV’s female characters and some I don’t not right away, but Isadora I think might be my favorite or her characters. And although she has been through so much is so strong. I loved that she took her past and made herself stronger because of it and she is so strong willed you can’t help but be rooting for her throu
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
My heart!!! Good god! I snot sobbed like an infant reading the first half of this book. Lani Lynn Vale, you are now on my list woman! Jesus!

I will say this is the best book I have read in a long time. It pulled emotions from deep down in my soul out of me.

This book will rip your heart open and shred your heart into a million little pieces and then slow put it back together again. I adored Roman Pierce and Isadora Solis story. But little Matias stole this book for me. That little boy was so prec
Britt The Red Hatter Book Blog
I’m going to start with telling you now to get tissues because you’re going to need them. Lani absolutely ripped my heart out with this one, but even did that with a level of beauty that is utterly breathtaking. I full on ugly cried more than once during Rome and Izzy’s incredible story and it was worth every tear for how unbelievably amazing this book is. Even with the seriously deep emotions the bits of humor we all know and love from Lani still shine through causing more than one giggle to br ...more
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...well apparently, I'm a dumbass."

Mess Me Up messed me up. I can't blame anyone though, I knew it going in. I had already met Rome while reading Too Bad So Sad in the author's Simple Man series which featured Tyler, his best friend. So I had a peek into his life and knew what I was in for, and I went anyway. I don't regret it, but I haven't recovered from it either.

Rome is double-trouble, a big muscled sexy badass biker and
 B.E.Love
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a great start to a new series.
A Klue
Kodie Mackay
WTF MAN. This kinda heart hurting book needs to come with a warning sign.

I'm going to say now that this will splinter your heart into tiny little pieces.

I knew from the sneak peaks of Rome in Tyler and Reagan's book that it was no doubt going to be a tough read. This author has a way of defying any and all of my expectations and she did that shit once again bringing me to the brink of emotional stability (which I might add is not great on the best of days).

It's hard to review this one because d
Emily
Rome Pierce walked away from his career for reasons only known to himself. The one person that has gotten through to him though is Isadora Solis. Izzy is a house cleaner who has come into Rome's life and been a bright spot in a very dark tunnel. As Rome and Izzy get closer they both fall for one another but what happens when another blow is thrown Rome's way.

This is a big tear jerker. Has some triggers and at times some of the pages were very difficult to read. If your looking for a tear jerker
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mess me up will mess you up. This one is a tearjerker and you should keep tissues near you when you read the book. I was not a fan of that particular plotline, but it was realistic. Rome is not ok, Izzy is not ok and I wasn't ok. Neither had an easy life and their journey in this part of their story is just as tough. The author made me understand why both of them reacted in the ways they did and I could see why they had different reactions to the same problem. I liked each person for different r ...more
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH INKSLINGER PR. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

This was my first time reading this author, and boy, was I surprised by it! It definitely won’t be my last time with this author!

This book was very engaging and the characters easy to connect with. It tugged at my heartstrings so much
Lora
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 stars

This one tore me up. I cried buckets while reading Rome’s story - which didn't surprise me after meeting him in Too Bad So Sad, his best friend, Tyler’s, story! Though it wasn’t all sad tears, there were times I was crying because I was so happy with how the story was going.

Rome is the best of the best as far as book boyfriends go. He is messed up, but as he realizes it he does everything he can to fix it. Issy is a super strong heroine who takes care of herself and those around
A
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
This is one of those books that you have to be in the right frame of mind to read... and I wasn't. If you read pretty much all the books that Ms Vale releases then you will have known to expect that this book might be a bit of a sad one from the introduction to Rome in Too Bad So sad. Rome is the hero of this book and his little boy is sick. The book takes you through the progression of his illness and the results of the consequences. The heroine is Izzy who is a wonderful, caring and beautiful ...more
Ellen Anderson
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mess Me Up

What a great and heart wrenching story. Rome is one of the sweetest guys and a terrific Dad. Izzy is a very special woman. They have both suffered the unthinkable. When life gives them a second chance, will they be able to lose the fear to grasp it? Read this first book in Lani Lynn Vale's newest series to find out.
Jazmyne- Ramblings of a Bookworm
I never knew what the heroines meant when I read in my books about feeling protected in a man's arms. But now, with the way that Rome felt surrounding me? Yeah, I finally got it. I now knew what that protection they described felt like. We stayed like that for a very long time. So long, in fact, that I wasn't sure he was capable of letting me go.

This book ... I was not expecting the level of feelings that I experienced while reading it, but wow did this story hit me right in the heart. Isadora a
Indie
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm giving this book 4 stars because of Aiden Snow's voice haha! The story was good too though!
Neringa Neringiukas
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story.... It was painful to read. I have to put my kindle and walk away more then once, at the beginning. I just needed time to compose myself. I think its the most raw book of LLV I read so far.
Rome and Izzy... They been through so much. So much pain and broken moments. Hearts that wouldn't ever completely heal. So, having each other in theirs life... It was everything for them.
Shirley
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one starts with tears of heart wrenching grief and ends with tears of joy... I might forgive this author... eventually.

Some books are harder to read than others and Mess Me Up - guess which category this one falls in? At least during the first part. The grief that Rome experiences is overwhelming and he almost drowns himself in it, which is understandable. Because the emotions in Mess Me Up are so raw that it might serve as a trigger to anyone who has experienced this type of grief should
Kristi
5+ Beuatiful SOBBING STARS😭😭😭😭😭⭐️⭐️
This ranks in the Top 10 of all Lani Lyn Vale books for me! Rome’s story was one of the saddest things I’ve ever read, as a matter of fact I cried from the prologue through chapter 8😭😭sad doesn’t even cover it! I’m not gonna post spoilers but suffice it to say that his loss was great and I didn’t think he was gonna come back from it.
Izzy...one of the most determined, loving, and beautiful souls I’ve ever read. I think she will go down as one of my most fave her
phoebess
Part one of Mess Me Up knocked me down on my ass. I cried and cried and ugly cried. It was very well-written, emotional and heartbreaking story about a parent with a terminally ill child. Matias worm his way into my heart with his sweet, easy-going personality and stole the part one for himself.
Even though part two was more bearable when it came to emotional distress, it still gave the part one run for its money and showed us how hard it was for Rome to deal with his loss, to move on and, more i

• Until Cobi (Until Her/Him, #7)
  • T.A. (Biker Bitches, #6)
  • Claiming the Enemy: Dustin (Porter Brothers Trilogy, #3)
  • Until December (Until Her/Him, #8)
  • Surrender to You (SAPD SWAT, #1)
  • Addicted to You (SAPD SWAT, #2)
  • His Lady (Wounded Souls, #4)
  • Wrecker (Fallen Lords MC #4)
  • Cuffed by You (SAPD SWAT #3)
  • Shadow (Satan's Fury MC: Memphis, #2)
  • Quiet Man (Dream #0.5; Dream Man #4.5)
  • Riggs (Satan's Fury MC: Memphis #3)
  • Copper (Hell's Handlers MC #4)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Protected by You (SAPD SWAT #4)
  • Flow (Men of Inked: Southside, #2)
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

Bear Bottom Guardians MC (9 books)
  • Talkin' Trash (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #2)
  • How About No (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #3)
  • My Bad (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #4)
  • One Chance, Fancy (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #5)
  • It Happens (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #6)
  • Keep It Classy (The Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #7)
  • Snitches Get Stitches (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #8)
  • F-Bomb (The Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #9)