Start by marking “Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)

Heartstopper: Volume One

(Heartstopper #1)

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  32,657 ratings  ·  7,129 reviews
Charlie, a highly-strung, openly gay over-thinker, and Nick, a cheerful, soft-hearted rugby player, meet at a British all-boys grammar school. Friendship blooms quickly, but could there be something more...?

Charlie Spring is in Year 10 at Truham Grammar School for Boys. The past year hasn't been too great, but at least he's not being bullied anymore. Nick Nelson is in Year
Paperback, Kickstarter edition, 278 pages
Published October 2018 by Selfpublished (first published September 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Heartstopper, please sign up.
George Or you can read online, starting with https://heartstoppercomic.tumblr.com/....

(Don't worry if you can't read the pale-blue on white. See https://www.…more
Or you can read online, starting with https://heartstoppercomic.tumblr.com/....

(Don't worry if you can't read the pale-blue on white. See https://www.goodreads.com/review/show..., where it's helpfully transcribed. And note that Laura's characterization of the guys as "soft" must be some Aussie-to-Yank mistransmission. They're both of them tough in all the right ways.)(less)

·  32,657 ratings  ·  7,129 reviews

Start your review of Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
Kat
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, comics
each time i read this it just gets better and better
Alice Oseman
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Heartstopper started as a tiny passion project and now it's a whole book. WHAT. Nick and Charlie have been close to my heart ever since I wrote them into my first book SOLITAIRE in 2012, and I'm so, SO happy to be telling their story while also doing the thing I always said I wanted to do when I grew up - make comics.

Read the comic online:
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Update 13:
"I don't think that's a stupid idea."
OMG!!! MY HEART!! THOSE TWO!! <333 I LOVE THEIR TEACHERS! So fluffy and cute! <333

Update 12:
I feel a sudden urge to brush my teeth! This is getting way too sweet! <333

Update 11:
I think I'll never get tired of reading this! Nick and Charlie's story is just too amazing! <3
I love the entire school trip setting in Paris and that Charlie got so strong!
"I'm glad you realised the error of your ways - but it's not my job to give you a gold star
Kai
I'm here to tell you that nothing is as precious as Nick & Charlie falling for each other so do not deprive yourself of this experience.

Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Re-read 8/20/19: I still love this SO! DANG! MUCH! Charlie and Nick are too pure and my heart is positively soaring. ALSO: This (as well as Volume 2!) are the Sassy Book Club picks for the month of August! The live-show will be on Friday, August 30th at 7pm PST on Kassie's channel. We hope to see you there!

Original read 11/23/19: Uhm hello this is MY FAVORITE GRAPHIC NOVEL EVER. I have never swooned so hard in my life omg
Emma Giordano
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
April (Aprilius Maximus)
1.) Heartstopper Volume 1 ★★★★★
2.) Heartstopper Volume 2 ★★★★★
3.) Heartstopper Volume 3 ★★★★★

------------------------------------------------

2019 update - OMG I AM STILL OBSESSED WITH THIS.

OMG I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS.
C.G. Drews
excuse me but this is the absolute cutest thing I have encountered and I am simply heart-eyes over it. I already adore Radio Silence and I Was Born for This (although I haven't yet read Solitaire which is slightly bad because this is a spin-off from that one) and I adore her work. But the art??? An entire book of the most adorakable and expressive yet simple artwork was just...😍😍

this book is soft™ and they are so young and sweet and wholesome.

i also have such a soft spot for books about realisin
Whitney Atkinson
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had no idea this book was going to be part one of a many part series, so I am SHOCKED and BETRAYED by that cliffhanger!!!!

This is such a sweet story about Charlie and Nick's developing friendship and feelings. I loved how supportive Nick was in both being a friend and a teammate to Charlie, and in turn, I liked how this wasn't really a story about Charlie coming to terms with his sexuality; he was already out and proud, and he was just grappling with feelings for this supposed straight guy. I
Larry H
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alice Oseman's Heartstopper is a beautifully poignant graphic novel about identity, friendship, crushes, and the flush of first love.

Most people in school seem to know that Charlie is gay. He’s taken some bullying for it, and it’s toyed with his self-esteem and what he thinks he deserves in terms of relationships, but for the most part, life isn’t too bad.

One day Charlie gets assigned to a new classroom and sits next to Nick Nelson, who is a grade ahead of him. Nick is tall, muscular, popula
✨    jamieson   ✨
Dec 21 Update

bitch !!!!!

*aggressively wishes happiness and joy upon them*

Nov 11 Update

MY HEART LITERALLY HAS EXPLODED OUT OF MY CHEST THEY ARE TOO CUTE I AM DECEASED !!

*slams fist on table* THIS IS THE CUTEST SHIT I'VE EVER READ

So this is basically a webcomic available for free here about two boys falling in love. One is openly out as gay and the other is sort of figuring out his bisexuality and the two of them are just dfsdjkd so freakin cute

!!!!!!

If you're a sucker for fluffy romance this is
Andrea Ashwood
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-books, favorites
Why I haven't read this before??!!

The most lovely story I read for too many time.🥰
And that end?! Why?! Need the 2nd RN...

SEND HELP

Review coming soon...
Charlotte May
How adorable!

3.5 ⭐️

This was my first graphic novel and it was so damn cute!

Charlie and Nick are one school year apart, they've never spoken before until they are seated next to each other in their tutor group.
Soon their acquaintance evolves into friendship. Charlie joins the school rugby team that Nick is on and they realise they have more in common than they first thought.

There is so much more to this book than meets the eye. Characters discovering their sexuality, dealing with bullying and
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡
❥ 5 / 5 stars

OMGGGGGGGG You’re gonna kill me, right? Why did it have to end like this??? 😱😱
I. NEED. TO. READ. THE. SECOND. VOLUME. LIKE. FOR. NOWWWWWW!!!

Heartstopper Volume One : review
Heartstopper Volume Two : review
Heartstopper Volume Three : review
Lily ☁️
Hi hello hi my name is Lily, and these two precious boys own my heart. Oh, and you definitely want this wholesome, pure, and wonderful book in your life.

Also … I may have teared up, when I received my signed copy. :’)

My first signed and doodled-in copy, and it’s one of my favorite books. 😭💖

I guess I’ll be spending my winter break rereading HEARTSTOPPER 🤷🏻‍♀️✨🎄❄️ pic.twitter.com/OH50rrCBMR

— Lily ☁️ (@sprnklsofdreams) December 24, 2018

Blog | Bloglovin’ | Instagram | TumblrTwitter
Romie
rereading this again and again is self-care, I don't make the rules (4.75)
chan ☆
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WHOLESOME. GAY.

this was so lovely, and it's not even over!!!!!! the story follows nick & charlie and honestly i am just so blessed by them and this comic.

it's a simple comic about friendship & discovering your sexuality.

the reading format was a little strange to get used to for me (lots of scrolling) but the art work was SO DAMN CUTE. the story was cute and the art work was just perfectly suited to it.

all in all, you gotta read this. not much else to say.
Gemma ♕ antari.with.a.book
I loved this so much!! It was super cute and gave me so many feels. I can't wait until vol 2 is released later in the year because I need more of these two in my life! Perfect!

UPDATE- I preordered Vol 2 and I can't wait for it to be in my hands. These two are just pure OTP!
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars!

Pretty damn good!

For one who isn’t an expert on comics nor the biggest fan of YA, this was the bees knees.

Topical YA with a punch! Don’t be fooled into thinking this is simple and carefree. It is sweetness and earnestness, all rolled up in teen angst that superbly catches all the doubt, insecurity, and feelings that come with attraction and identity.

Totally accessible and enjoyable and free!
Warda
Aug 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-reads
Okay, I wanted a lot more from the story.
But I now need Volume Two pronto!
Kenny
You can't tell whether people are gay by what they look like. And gay or straight aren't the only two options.
Heartstopper: Volume One ~~ Alice Oseman

Harvey Milk once said You got to give them hope . This is exactly what Alice Oseman does in her wonderful Heartstopper comics. She gives hope ~~ hope to an entire generation of young adults who need a champion. Oseman is their voice. And what a wonderful voice she is. If you haven't guessed it already, I loved Heartstopper.

In the span of 263 pa
Kevin (Irish Reader)
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
April 17th 2020: Reread and once again 5 stars! Loved it so much the second time around! I also read this during the Stay Home Reading Rush and talked about it in a vlog on my YouTube channel, you can watch the video here for more of my thoughts: https://youtu.be/JC-O73cVhfI ...more
may ➹
oh my god, this is literally THE CUTEST thing I’ve ever read??? I’M SCREAMING. I’m actually in love with Nick & Charlie and I just binged the whole thing in the last half hour. I don’t know how I’m going to wait for all the updates but whatever!!!! I’ll just keep rereading it!!!!! ...more
Hamad
This review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

Actual rating: 3.5 Stars

🌟 I have been hearing great things about this author and since it is Pride month, I thought it was the perfect chance to try her books, I finished this and I am currently reading I Was Born For This. I found that this is cute as many readers said it would be but for me it was just that, a cute graphic novel that did not blow up my brain!

🌟 I recently read the Check, please comic and Fence. The co
TS
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
petition to make all of my goodreads friends read this webcomic by the end of 2018 otherwise I’m going on an unfriending spree

(view spoiler)

4.5 stars!!

this book was so adorable and precious and it made my heart whole

⚠️trigger warnings: non-consensual kissing, sexual harassment, bullying, homophobia

anyway here’s a list of why you should read this webcomic:

• It’s legally free!!! you can access it here
• It’s a quick read but there are enough issues for
Sara
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I've read anything this sweet and wholesome in a while!
Such a lovely read, can't wait to read more from this series.
Emer (A Little Haze)
Heartstopper Volume One is a bound collection of the tumblr comic that Alice Oseman created featuring the love story between the supporting characters, Nick and Charlie, from her debut novel Solitaire. (Click here to read it online)

I guess I should preface my review by mentioning that I'm not exactly really into graphic novels. I've read Saga Volume 1 and The Complete Maus and that's it since childhood when I did read the Beano comic whenever I could (which wasn't that regular an occurrence) and
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"Yes, I will listen to the rain. I will listen to the mountain bird. Oh, a heartstopper is the solitaire's one note - high, sweet, lonely, magic."

description
description

Here's why it's called Heartstopper.
Somewhere in the middle of those words, and the beautiful art. This story manages to do the following to that 'hollow muscular organ that pumps the blood through the circulatory system':

- Make's it skip.
- Fills it up.
- Stops it dead.
- Starts it up again.

By the time you've experienced Nick and Charlie, you'l
lethe marks
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
★★★★★ | adorable. relatable. outstanding.

a new favorite book of all time? one hundred fucking percent.

this graphic novel just meant so much to me. like, an incredible amount. it was adorable, and real, and important and it resonated with me on so many levels. i’m about to get a bit personal (maybe overly so) but i really trust the people on this platform and feel like word vomiting instead of writing an actual review so here we go.

so three main things about this book really hit me: one, the qu
Goodreads Librari...: Change Heartstopper vol.1 page number ISBN: 9781444951387 2 12 Feb 08, 2020 05:39PM
LBSCI 767: Review of Heartstopper 1 7 Sep 26, 2019 05:37PM

• Pumpkinheads
  • Bloom
  • Fence, Vol. 2
  • Fence, Vol. 1
  • Fence, Vol. 3
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • The Prince and the Dressmaker
  • Mooncakes
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • I Wish You All the Best
  • The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)
  • Check, Please! Book 1: # Hockey
  • Carry On (Simon Snow, #1)
  • The Tea Dragon Society (Tea Dragon, #1)
  • Fence #1 (Fence, #1)
  • Check, Please!, Book 2: Sticks & Scones
Alice Oseman is an author/illustrator and was born in 1994 in Kent, England. She has written four YA contemporary novels about teenage disasters: SOLITAIRE, RADIO SILENCE, I WAS BORN FOR THIS, and upcoming LOVELESS. She is also the creator of LGBTQ+ YA romance webcomic HEARTSTOPPER, which is now published in physical form by Hachette Children's Books.

Alice’s first novel SOLITAIRE was published whe

Heartstopper (5 books)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Heartstopper, Volume Four (Heartstopper #4)
  • Heartstopper: Volume 5 (Heartstopper, #5)