Start by marking “Do You Do Extras?” as Want to Read:
Do You Do Extras?

Do You Do Extras?

(An American in the UK #1)

Grantley James is Hollywood’s newest action hero. He’s got the looks, the body but can barely crack a smile.

Phoebe Drinkwater is an Extra on Grantley’s new film. She’s happy and fun loving but will never be as beautiful as her parents’ imaginary youngest daughter, Melania.

How will Hollywood's newest sex symbol take it, when Phoebe literally bumps in
Published July 26th 2018 by Bubble Books Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Do You Do Extras?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do You Do Extras?

Start your review of Do You Do Extras?
D.M.
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romantic comedy that’s laugh out loud funny. Phoebe is an extra. Her latest role has three lines which is major for a girl like her. The problem is the new leading man doesn’t take any crap and Phoebe is good at getting under his skin.

Grantley is a brooding male who doesn’t mingle with extras. Phoebe catches more than his attention and one way or any other she’s going to pay.

Available on kindle unlimited. Fun, cheeky and ticks all the right boxes.
Siobhan
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve read a few Nikki Ashton books, and I find myself falling ever deeper in love with her work with each new book I read. I’ve read a few of her romantic comedies before, but my last few reads have been her contemporary romance books. Now that we’re back to her romantic comedies, I can admit to having forgotten just how hilarious her stories are.

From the very first page Do You Do Extras? had me chuckling away. It was a case of late night laughter, with each new page bringing me some
Jan
4.5 my pretty girl stars.

Do You Do Extras is a page turner from start to finish.

I loved the dynamics of Grantley and Phoebe, the chemistry, the humor and the swoon worthy moments.
Do You Do Extras is a laugh out loud Rom Com with loveable characters.

My favourite moments were when the twin boys found Aunt Phoebe's vibrator and fought over it because they thought it was a sword and when Brantley was given the name Dick because they had heard Phoebe call him that, so many moments that even now t
Coco.V
Jan 24, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/24/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Grantley James is Hollywood’s newest action hero. He’s got the looks, the body and can barely crack a smile, mainly because he has the mother from hell.

Whoever could imagine they’d ever be friends, never mind more – certainly not Grantley James, but he just can’t get the
Donna
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this fantastic comedy filled romance. I cried laughing and cried a few sad tears too. This is the kind of romance that doesn't need the sex rammed down your throat, the fade to black and suggestion of it was more than enough to show you just what was happening. A lot of surprises occur in this book and some are more than shocking.

The book revolved around Grantley and Phoebe a Hollywood actor and an extra but it was so much more than that. They had a lot of issues t
DrivenbyBooks
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*5 stars*
A very fun sexy romantic read that will leave you wanting more. I really loved Grantley and Phoebe and the banter between them. I think this book really had it all and I was actually sad to see the story end 'cuz I had so much fun reading it and I also liked how we got a bit of an inside how being an extra on set worked. I really hope we get Beth's story next :-)

Grantley is an up and coming movie star who's in Manchester to shoot his new movie and while he is a grumpy person, he
Tasha Williams (Red's Midnight Readers)
::..Reviewed for Red's Midnight Readers..::

I was very kindly provided with an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I have given it 5 stars.

Well it's been a while since I picked up one of Nikki Ashton's books and now I am left wondering why that is? I had forgotten how incredibly funny she is! Do You Do Extras had me laughing along with the antics of Phoebe and Hollywood favourite Grantley from the very first page.

Do You Do Extras was absolutely hilarious, filled with lots
She's a Lip Biter

Katie
Shelves: 5-star
Do You Do Extras? (An American in the UK #1)
By Nikki Ashton
5 stars
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

It has been a while since I have read a book that made me cry with laughter so I am so glad that I read this book! I think it’s probably one of the funniest books that I have read. I was completely hooked from the very beginning and I definitely could not put it down. I haven’t read anything by this author before but I absolutely will be hunting down
Victoria L. James
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is so much more than a rom-com, and although I absolutely loved the whole thing, the last 50% really had me turning the pages super quickly. In fact, I’ve spent all day long lost in the world of Grantley (purr) and Phoebe.

There are some hilarious scenes in this—The flashing sword scene, anyone? Hahaha—but there are some highly emotive, powerful scenes too. I can’t give too much away, but there’s a reunion that takes place that had my heart in a vice the whole way through. The pace of the s
Kari Hansen
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grantley is a Hollywood movie star who is in England filming his latest movie. Phoebe is an extra on the set who has good intentions but is a little clumsy. Grantley is less than impressed when she crashes into him, so she decides her best course of action is to stay out of the way as she needs this job to help out her sister and her twin nephews.

Grantley is not sure why he can’t stop thinking about her and what starts out as friends evolves into more. They are opposites as she is ou
Alicia Harrietha
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laughing my butt off!!!! Do You Do Extra's? by Nikki Ashton had me in tears I was laughing so hard at some parts, I even woke the hubby up a time or two. In this romantic comedy you not only get a romance with a few laughs, you get the total package with amazing characters, drama and even few tears that were not only from laughing.

Sexy actor Grantley meets an extra in his movie, Pheobe who from the very first moment they met she was a pain in his behind. Pheobe never thought herself
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
*5 stars*
A very fun sexy romantic read that will leave you to want more. I really loved Grantley and Phoebe and the banter between them. I think this book really had it all and I was actually sad to see the story end 'cuz I had so much fun reading it and I also liked how we got a bit of an inside how being an extra on set worked. I really hope we get Beth's story next :-)

Grantley is an up and coming movie star that is now in Manchester to shoot his new movie and while he is a grumpy perso
LaShanta Charles
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book tells the story of Grantley and Phoebe's meeting and developing relationship. There was a great amount of laugh out loud moments and that made the book supremely interesting for me. I loved that Phoebe's character was such a sweetheart, but I also liked that she had her flaws. I loved the relationship between her, her sister, and her adorable nephews.

I have mixed emotions about Grantley's character. My initial opinion of him versus how he was after a few chapters were compl
Joyffree
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Best AB workout I've had all year
This is one romantic comedy you won't want to miss

Phoebe is a blast! Witty, not afraid to speak her mind and has an uninhibited zest for life.
Grantley is a no-nonsense (egotistical) actor on his way to the top. He doesn't have time for socialization. He definitely doesn't have the patience or time for bumbling extras- until said bumbling extra calls him out.
Let the sparks fly!
The supporting cast flawlessly weaves their humor and sarcasm
Becky Baldridge
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Do You Do Extras? is a bit of a slow burn romance. In fact, it takes Grantley and Phoebe a while to warm up to each other as they butt heads both on and off the movie set. I love that this pair finds friendship before moving into romance. Even as friends, they have good chemistry, the banter between them is witty and often downright hilarious. They do see their fair share of angst, but it's tempered with the sweet, a bit of sexy, and a lot of funny. Oh, and a set of adorable five-year old twins! ...more
Jessica
Shelves: arc
This book will have you giggling at times. The chemistry between Grantley and Phoebe is off the charts. He is a Hollywood Actor and she is an Extra. There is so much more to this story then just and actor and an extra fall in love. They both have some personal and professional issues that have to be dealt with.
This is a great comedy book but you may shed a tear or two of sadness for some of the shit that goes down. There was one moment that I was laughing and thought oh that would be so embarra
Gwen Shafer
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this one. There were some great moments in this one. Moments where I died laughing other moments were it pulled at the heart strings. A well written book with a great story line and great characters. Phoebe is an extra on a movie set she accidentally runs into the star and little does she know that run in will change her life. I love her character. Strong and there for everyone in her life. Great chemistry between her and Grantley. You can easily see that these two are going to ...more
Kimberley Newman
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by Nikki! I laughed so hard I woke my husband up! As always, well written, good plot, an array of emotions and it will hook you in, you just want to keep reading it but then want to slow down and not let it end. I'm now suffering a huge book hangover. Nikki is by far my favourite author and I truly love all her books. If you want a book that you can laugh at, enjoy a good plot with some twists and turns and fall in love with the characters download this now!!!
Laura Jackson
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When you read an author from their first book onwards you see them improve and grow, the earlier work is a great read and enjoyable but as their confidence in themselves improves the stories get better and better. That is exactly what has happened with Nikki Ashton - a fabulous book great characters and the humour we all know and love Nikki for.
Sam Howard
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic

Fantastic read. Absolutely hilarious, from the pink glitter sword to Phone's nephews calling Brantley by his 'secret' name Dick. I cannot recommend this book highly enough.
Karenj
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so funny it had me snorting out loud !! And believe me that is no mean feat!
But aside from the great humour it has everything else I love in a book.. great characters, a bit of drama, and a swoonworthy romance. Absolutely loved it !!
Joanne Bulmer
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lady Living  In Bookland
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it

This was my first read by Nikki Ashton but having met her at previous signings and fallen in love with her covers, I was so excited to be given the opportunity to review her latest release!

Grantley and Phoebe undoubtedly had chemistry from the very beginning, and seeing that develop, right alongside hilarity round every corner, it just made for an incredible “easy” read with a dual perspective.

Alll the characters involved were so funny and none more so, than Phoebe’s sister. Spilling all her s
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
In my humble opinion, Nikki Ashton is one of the best rom-com authors EVER! And she has certainly outdone herself with Grantley and Phoebe’s story.

Warning: sore sides, snorting, laughs of the LOL variety with accompanying tears are a serious side effect of reading this story. Yet, as loyal readers of Nikki’s can attest, there is always an emotional punch or two for good measure.

Seriously, I was belly-laughing from the beginning. Bottom burps will do that to a gal! *snorts*
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
Everyone & I mean EVERYONE needs this book on their e~reader or their book shelf. I can’t say too much about this crazy love story, without physically spewing spoilers, so instead I’m going to try and just tell you why I fell so hopelessly in love with Grantley & Phoebe by 5% & why, hands down Nikki Ashton is easily in my Top 3 all time fav British Authors.

The writing from start to finish was so effortless. The prose was on point, fluid & made the whole crazy journey relatable,
Caroline F
5 extra special stars! Absolutely loved this hilarious, sexy book!

"My problem was, Grantley had the power to ruin me. He had the power to melt the ice around my heart and leave me broken beyond repair."

Phoebe Drinkwater makes a living as an extra. She doesn't earn the big bucks but she's happy. She loves her sister and nephews and enjoys living with them. She's not really looking for commitment - just focused on earning money to help her divorcee sister out. She's thrilled to get a role in the
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
A fun book to read

I loved this. that made me both laugh and cry. Definitely Nikki Ashton at her hilarious best.

Grantley, a Hollywood actor, Phoebe, an extra on his new film, were two of the most likeable characters. Yes he was gruff and sometimes downright rude, but there was also a side to him that not many others got to see. Phoebe on the other hand was the type of person who couldn't do enough to help others, hence the reason why she is living with her sister, Beth and her tw
Kate McMurry
Hilarious, romantic comedy set in jolly old England

Grantley James is a gorgeous, 30-something, American movie star whose wildly popular action-flick series is filming its fourth installment in Manchester, England.

Phoebe Drinkwater is a twenty-six-year-old, English actress who has made a successful career working as an extra on movies filmed in the Manchester area. She lives with her divorced, older sister, Beth, and her six-year-old, twin nephews, Callum and Mack. “
Ree
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It was a fun - and funny - book to read. I stayed up several hours just to finish it.

Phoebe's internal dialogue had me laughing from page one! Her upfront, take-me-or-leave-me attitude was refreshing. I liked that she put Grantley in his place immediately. The way she got along with and seemed to charm almost everyone was also a plus for me. The British slang/humor cracked me up a lot, too.

Where Phoebe was a sweetheart, the Grantley we first meet is some
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tabloid Princess (Tabloid Princess #1)
  • Confessions Of A Frat Girl
  • Tears of Ink
  • Cherry Beats
  • Come Back to Bed
  • Beneath the Surface
  • Marked (Black Water Academy #1)
  • Did I Mention I Was Getting Married?: A Romantic comedy about weddings, new starts and taking a chance on love!
  • Another Life
  • Angel (The Black Sentinels MC Series Book 1)
  • The Red Zone
  • Fooling In love: A funny & feel-good romantic comedy
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
  • Women Behaving Badly
  • Hidden (The Scions #1)
  • Into Your Arms (Landry, #4)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Flame (Men of Inked: Heatwave Book 1)
I live in Cheshire with my husband, two dogs and mum in law and write romantic humour and contemporary romance. My first two books, Guess Who I Pulled Last Night? and No Bra Required both stayed at number 1 on the Amazon Humour list for 3 & 4 weeks respectively. My ambitions of becoming a writer started at the age of 10 when I started writing poetry at school, and was given the honour of readi ...more

An American in the UK (2 books)
  • Pelvic Flaws