Start by marking “Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need” as Want to Read:
Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need

Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need

Money is unlimited. Time is not. Become financially independent as fast as possible.

In 2010, 24-year old Grant Sabatier woke up to find he had $2.26 in his bank account. Five years later, he had a net worth of over $1.25 million, and CNBC began calling him "the Millennial Millionaire." By age 30, he had reached financial independence. Along the way he uncovered that most o
Published February 5th 2019 by Avery

Kendra
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book and have already recommended it to several friends. Even if your goal isnt financial freedom in the shortest time possible, the alternative approach to money in this book is inspiring!
Gordon Alley
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Necessary for everyone. Wished I learned the truths years ago.

Shows the nuts and bolts of financial freedom. I enjoyed this book because it explains what is happening in our lives in the past 17 years of marriage.

Shows how a young person can become financial free at 35 years of age. With $1,000,000 in investments and living on 3% a year it will yield $30,000 yearly income plus grow to several million dollars at retirement age.

Financial freedom allows one to live life and serve God
Angela J
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever looked up at the heavens and said “if I just had a book that told me everything about work, money and starting a small business I’d be set for life!”

Well, the answer to your cry for help is Grant Sabatier’s new book “Financial Freedom.”

Going from broke young professional to millionaire in five years, the ‘secret’ to Grant’s success started with a fundamental truth: you can’t master money if you don’t understand it well.

And this is where Financial Freedom begins. Not with how to ma
Eric
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Sabatier covers all the basis. Still, quite a conservative book focusing on stocks with a small chapter on real estate. His plan will only work with a high salary. The highlights were the section on side hustles and on hacking real estate. However, with a very American-centric view - especially of taxes - and no mention of P2P investing options, how to make it without a large salary, or the myriad other ways to fund an early retirement (international teaching in my case) I could only give three ...more
Catherine
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
He started investing in 2010, probably one of the lowest points, so of course he made money. Just seems he failed to acknowledge luck and timing played a huge role in his current success. Let’s see how things pan out as he gets older...
Jerome
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of actionable tips, and very in depth while being very beginner-friendly.

I would add a little bit of humor, personally.
4.75 stars!
Fredrick Danysh
Financial Freedom gets advice on acquired significant wealth based on the author's experience and strategies. He explains how to determine your current financial situation and set goals as well as techniques to achieve those goals. The is loaded with charts and tables. This was a free review copy through Goodreads.com.
University of Chicago Magazine
Grant Sabatier, AB'07
Author

From the author: "In 2010, 24-year old Grant Sabatier woke up to find he had $2.26 in his bank account. Five years later, he had a net worth of over $1.25 million, and CNBC began calling him 'the Millennial Millionaire.' By age 30, he had reached financial independence. Along the way he uncovered that most of the accepted wisdom about money, work, and retirement is either incorrect, incomplete, or so old-school it's obsolete.

"Financial Freedom is a step-by-step path to
Chan Bee
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the better personal finance books that I've read.
Tyler Anderson
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT! Financial Freedom lays the blueprint to living a better life and provides actionable guidance in so many areas (side hustles, hacking your 9 to 5, investing, saving, and more). I particularly liked the side hustle and hacking your 9 to 5 sections which outline exactly what you need to do to get started and provide inspiration through multiple examples of people who are already doing it.

I also enjoyed the parts of the book that focused on mindset. Grant provides a few exercises challeng
Eric Johnson
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Opened a whole new way at looking at my net worth

I loved this book! It really made me think about the whole concept of financial independence and retirement differently. My husband and I are 40 and are going to take a sabbatical in Spain for a year or two with our two children but reading this book made me think “does it have to be just a sabbatical? Are we there with our number?” I never really though about it too hard before I read this book but with a few budget and investment tweaks we can b
Emily
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
I felt there was very little to do with "millennial" anything in this book. A lot of it was restating what other, more famous books already said, and the rest was becoming a salesman. He didn't even tell his whole story, which is very confusing because the cover talks about him going from $2 to FI in 5 years.
Matt Matheson
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grant has written a personal finance book like no other out there. In the same way that Tim Ferriss' The 4-Hour Workweek changed the way people viewed work, Grant shakes the foundations of how we look at retirement. You don't need to work for 40 years, squirreling away every penny in order to have the retirement you've always dreamed of. Grant details how, in a fraction of that time and using a series of detailed steps, you can become financially independent lightyears earlier than most experts ...more
Sasha
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First I would like to state that I received this book through the Goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity and honor in being able to read this book. When I received this book I began reading it at once. The author explains how to determine your current financial situation. Thought this book was very well written.
Matt Nixon
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
The blueprint you need to begin making strategic financial decisions now.
Bakari
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: personal-finance
Very useful, especially for millennials

I've read several books about personal finance, and this is one of the few that provides a roadmap to financial independence.

The ideal audience for this book is someone fresh out of college with a job making a decent middle class income. Grant provides strategies for maximizing your income and increasing your savings, which by the way is the best way to grow your wealth. The bottom line is always keep your expenses as low as possible, and spend only what y
Jeff Mauch
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting read in the money and finance realm. I try to read a couple finance books each year as a way to both keep up my knowledge in the subject and to pick up new strategies and schools of thought with personal finance. After reading a number of recommendations for Grant's book, mostly on FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early) forums, I decided to finally read it. I went into this book knowing that it would have some focus on more extreme ways to build wealth quickly, but like all fi ...more
Pradyot
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Disclosure: I got a free review copy from the author.

There are a number of personal finance books out there but what makes this book unique is that the author has dug himself out from a deep personal finance hole and has lived the journey from $2 to $1,000,000+ over 5 years.

A few chapters I particularly liked:

* chapter 3 on what your retirement number should be - a simple and easy way to determine your financial freedom number. Most people don't have a clear number and the rationale for it and t
Frugal Girl
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Conventional wisdom tells recent graduates they'll need to find a secure job and work in that career for the next thirty to forty years. After working three to four decades of life you'll be able to retire. But what if you didn't want to wait that long to enjoy your life? What if you want to work hard now so you can enjoy the fruits of your efforts well before age 60? In order to step off the narrow path of life it helps to recognize that other options exist. Financial Freedom provides insight i ...more
Ms. Arca
Appreciate the readability and the resources. I liked the graphs that really showed how compounding makes a difference etc.

Sometimes found the voice / tone annoying, but hey, that isn’t really the point of a money book I suppose. Also sometimes find these types of books hard thinking about my teacher salary and then reading about the big consulting/tech/flipping businesses that I should likely be going into and triple hustling in to actually make big money which is basically what this book poin
Cody Berman
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must-read for anyone who seriously wants to transform their financial life and take control of their money. Financial Freedom is your one-stop-shop for achieving massive wealth over the long term and enjoying your life to the fullest.

My whole worldview changed after reading this book when I realized how money was a tool, not the end goal. Grant truly is passionate about spreading financial literacy and that authenticity certainly shines through the pages. I highly recommend this b
Phil Sykora
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you read just one book on managing your finances, this is it. It's a complete guide to everything you need to know, from someone who's done it better (and faster) than anyone you know.

Altogether intensely readable and only occasionally boring. If you've read Ramit Sethi, you probably get the gist of what Sabatier is trying to say, but it's definitely nice to read a personal finance book that's aimed at escaping the rat race.

Like Tony Stark once said to his dad who once said to him, "No amount
Anita
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a good primer for early retirement if you’re not familiar with the subject. I know you’re all familiar with the subject. Thorough and informative, he talks about savings, but also touches the earnings side of early retirement. Make more money through side hustles. Yup. Oh, the “Anita” he references throughout the book is me.

I read this book almost a year ago, so it doesn’t belong in March 2019, but it wasn’t out then. Some of his numbers about my situation were wrong in the draft I read,
Debra
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
As current economic and employment conditions evolve, it is imperative to understand how to make the most of our money.

Although the focus of this book is how to maximize income and utilize investments to gain early retirement, Grant Sabatier does an excellent job of explaining financial basics such as: compounding interest, investment types, side hustles, and house hacking.

I recommend this title to all readers who want to have more confidence in reaching their financial goals.
Mike Beatty
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book should be read by anyone that wants to be financially free. If everyone studied this book at school the world would become an amazing place.

There is a step-by-step approach to working out how to become financially free. It's then just a case of people understanding themselves and trying out the numerous ideas that Grant provides to achieve their financial freedom figure.

Amazing book, you won't regret picking this one up!
Matt Reynolds
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A big picture guide to understanding what it means to live a financially independent lifestyle. Sabatier repackages information from a wide range of sources—think greatest hits—about everything from calculating your real hourly wage, asking the right questions before you make a purchase, starting a side hustle, investing, tax optimization, and more. Great to get your bearings, but you’ll need to look elsewhere if you want to go deep on any one particular subject.
Ian Franzen
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read a lot of personal finance books and I've found that Grant's book is the best "all in One" Personal Finance book I've ever read. Financial Freedom should be mandatory reading for ALL adults, especially those who (like me) never had any formal financial training.

Grant gives you a proven blueprint for getting out of the Rat Race -- it's extremely practical, and perfect for young people just starting out. I'd
Calee Spinney
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to throw this book across the room when I first started reading it. All the advice seems to be directed toward people in their 30s and left me feeling like all hope was lost for me. To be fair, the bulk of his advice and examples of success are people who stared early and made 6 figure incomes, neither of which apply to me. There is still some useful and compelling stuff in here, but at times it was as discouraging as it was encouraging.
Lenjo
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have already read a lot of private Finance books in the area of Financial Freedom, including the old and the new version of Your Money Or Your Life.
I have to say this one is my favorite. I feel madly inspired!
I really liked that Grant put real numbers on it. That makes it so much easier to comprehend. Plus I really like that he shared his way and gave some very good tips and ideas along the way.

I definitely recommend that book!
Vasco
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The bad: although a good overall book, it's not much more than a "Your Money or Your Life" rehash with a new section about using side hustles for additional income.

The good: it's an interesting rehash and it's a recent book, so you get a fresher look on the topics you might already know. If this is the first personal finance book you read, it's very well rounded.

• The Book on Tax Strategies for the Savvy Real Estate Investor: Powerful techniques anyone can use to deduct more, invest smarter, and pay far less to the IRS.
  • Grow a Pair: How to Stop Being a Victim and Take Back Your Life, Your Business, and Your Sanity
  • The Book on Managing Rental Properties: A Proven System for Finding, Screening, and Managing Tenants With Fewer Headaches and Maximum Profit
  • Winning Ruby Heart
  • Familiar Spirits
  • Your Mind Is What Your Brain Does for a Living: Learn How to Make It Work for You
  • The Love-Haight Casefiles
  • The Golden Condom: And Other Essays on Love Lost and Found
  • Time Now for the Vinyl Cafe Story Exchange
  • The Uses of Disorder: Personal Identity and City Life
  • Microstyle: The Art of Writing Little
Grant Sabatier is the Author of Financial Freedom and the Creator of Millennial Money, which has reached over 10 million readers since 2015.

Grant went from $2.26 to a millionaire in 5 years, reaching financial independence at the age of 30. He writes and speaks regularly about personal finance, investing, entrepreneurship, and mindfulness and hosts the Financial Freedom podcast.

Grant has been fe
“Another reason I don’t like budgets is because they reinforce the idea of scarcity. They are designed to make you track every penny you spend to the point that you end up feeling guilty if you overspend or spend money on something you don’t absolutely need.” 0 likes