Start by marking “Mesmerizing the Marquis (Enduring Legacy #11)” as Want to Read:
Mesmerizing the Marquis (Enduring Legacy #11)

Mesmerizing the Marquis

(Enduring Legacy #11)

A MARQUIS WITHOUT HOPE OF LOVE
Noah Haskett, the Marquis of Hesterton, is a recluse due to the rumors surrounding his late brother's death. Staying away from the ton has been a reprieve from the debutantes who want him only for his title and wealth. After all, what woman would desire a beast of a man with a twisted leg? Never once has the idea of marriage, much less love,
Published November 6th 2018 by Madeline Martin

To ask other readers questions about Mesmerizing the Marquis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mesmerizing the Marquis

Start your review of Mesmerizing the Marquis (Enduring Legacy #11)
Barbara Rogers
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-arc, iblog, novella
Series: Enduring Legacy #11
Publication Date: 11/6/18

This series is about a family with an extraordinary gift that gets passed down from generation to generation. I have to admit that I have not read any of the other books in the series mostly because when I look at the reviews, they all say something about needing a box of tissues or being heartbreaking. I just havent been in the mood to have my heart broken, so I havent read the books. But who can NOT read a Madeline Martin book? Not me I
Maggie Whitworth
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
❤❤❤❤❤
💋💋
This such an unusual series, and Madelines book is an excellent addition to that series.
Two people fighting to regain control of their lives and to heal , wether from physical or emotional trauma , both need understanding and love , and closure.
He from bullying and punishment from others when growing up and from the loss of his brother.
She from lack of a mothers love and the treatment she received from the woman, due to an inherited gift .
They are stronger together is definitely the
Tracy Emro
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
Noah Haskett, The Marquis of Hesterton has never been comfortable in polite society. His leg was crippled as a result of a childhood illness and his temperament is taciturn on the best of days, but the death of his brother Lord Rupert Haskett and the subsequent rumors have given him an excuse to withdraw from society. His sister Nancy has tried to pull Noah out of his seclusion, she visits him on the anniversary of their brothers death and promises to give him information about a survivor of ...more
Monika
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am mesmerized! This is an amazing story that kept me going until the end. I could not put this book down. There is so much heartbreak but also so much joy. The description of the war made me cry. What Helen discovered also made me cry. But in a good way. This story is definitely very emotional. And at the end, there is a twist I didn't see coming. Well written, Ms. Martin! I highly recommend you all go and get mesmerized as well!
Candace N
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Mesmerizing the Marquis by Madeline Martin. I am always up for a book where one or more of the characters have supernatural abilities and this one did not disappoint. The story is beautifully written and full of emotion. Both the hero and heroine endured a lot and were incredibly captivating. I adored Helen and Noah. The story was unpredictable and I was taken by surprise more than once. I am a big fan of Madeline Martins writing and she continues to mesmerize me with every ...more
Kacy Rozier
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the beginning, we are introduced to Noah Haskett the third marquis of hesterton. He has been a recluse for a year because of the death of his brother Rupert on the battle field. His sister Nancy has a plan to get him out of his recluse state. On their way to their brother's final resting place Noah bumps Into Helen.

Helen has had a gift of seeing the future since childhood. She has a hard time accepting her gift because of how awful her mom treated and threatened to send her off to an asylum.
Phylis
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mesmerizing the Marquis book 11 Enduring Legacy by Madeline Martin. A wonderful story of two people letting go of the past and embracing the present. In the process falling in love with each other. My free opinion. Thanks.
Lori D
As I turned the last page, all I could do was sigh knowing that I had truly been mesmerized by this story. Two people who were having a hard time navigating through life until they met each other. Could that really happen? A true soulmate who understood the other and had the compassion and foresight to see what each other needed? Beautifully written and full of emotions with a mystery that comes full circle in the end when least expected.
Noah Haskett had become a recluse from society, mainly due
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Mesmerizing the Marquis by Madeline Martin is book 11 in the Enduring Legacy series. This is the story of Helen Craig and Noah Haskett, the Marquis of Hesterton. I haven't yet read the previous books, so for me this was easily a standalone book.
Helen has always had the gift to see the future, but it wasn't a welcoming gift with her family. They ridiculed her so much and made threats that she tries to keep it hidden. When she is saved by Noah it her first feeling of a calming she has had but
Dottie
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Noah Haskett, is a man running from his past. For the last year, the Marquis of Hesterton has been living in seclusion to escape the stares of his society peers for he is the brother of an alleged coward. But when he's forced out of his escape to hear the story that might save his brother's reputation, he meets a most charming lady. Miss Helen Craig is unlike any woman Noah has ever encountered. She's extraordinary... actually she's more amazing than what he believes. Helen has spent her life ...more
Janet
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whilst each book in the series can be read on its own, there is the theme of the descendants of the family with special powers in each book hence The Enduring Legacy.
So far Ive only read half of the books but have the others waiting to be read. Ive found myself taken on a roller coaster of emotions with each book so have needed time in between each one & sometimes more than a week
This mesmerising read features Noah Haskett, the Marquis of Hesterton who is a recluse & Miss Helen Craig
Yolanda
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was definitely mesmerizing to be sure! It was impossible to put down once I started it. I think this may be my favorite Madeline Martin story to date, though it is difficult to make such a bold statement since all of her books have been so wonderful. There was just something about this story that got to me. Both Noah Haskett, the Marquis of Hesterton and Helen Craig, a wealthy single woman, meet when Noah saves Helen from a runaway carriage. They are both lonely people who have ...more
Amber Jones
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am such a big fan of Madeline Martin books. She is such an amazing author and woman, I can never put her books down once i start them. They suck you into the story and you just cannot put it down until you get to the end.

She is such a wonderful creative author. I love this type of writing where you are reading about historic men and women and the romance to go along with it. Just absolutely amazing.

This had it all for me, twists, suspense, romance that builds slowly, and lovemaking, swoon
Cheryl Payne
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Noah and Helen both have secrets that will stop them from ever getting married. Who would love and want them as they are? With touch Helen can see the past and future of that person. Helen believes that this (gift) will drive her crazy. Helen tries to avoid anyone's unwanted touch. Due to an illness when Noah was a child he walks with a limp. He wants no one to see his leg. Noah's brother is believe to have died a coward and Noah wants to find out what really happen and Helen just might be able ...more
Debbie Glenn Brown
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Noah Haskett, the Marquis of Hesterton has become a recluse over a year ago after his brother was killed and declared a coward during the war. He would love nothing better than to prove his brother was an honorable soldier. Miss Helen Craig has spent a lifetime hiding her ability to see the future, that is until Noah saves her life and she sees hes in danger and offers to help a complete stranger, but she has to keep her gift a secret. Noah and Helen are definitely two lost souls who desperately ...more
Suzannah
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mesmerizing the Marquis by Madeline Martin is the eleventh book in the multi-author series Enduring Legacy, stories that weave an everlasting spell. Martin is hands down one of my very favorite authors. I have never read a book that I havent thoroughly enjoyed and this one is no exception.
Noah Haskett, the third Marquis of Hesterton is in seclusion ever since the death of his beloved brother at Waterloo. His deceased brother Rupert has been accused of cowardice and Noah cant bear the pain of the
Roslyn Stillman
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book proves how talented a writer Ms Martin is. This was very different from her usual and I found it quite engaging. The characters each had their own flaws and the way they were written, you could feel their pain. This book had all the suspense, mystery, adventure and romance to keep you reading. Although I dont usually read paranormal, this book had just enough to keep me interested. There were a few sex scenes in it and this reviewer skipped them as usual but it didnt affect my ...more
Rhyanna Detuathana
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story, from the time period, to the ability that Helen has to see both the past and the future just by touching. Also enjoyed the steamy scenes too. glad to have cold water, ice melted, nearby.
I heartily recommend this book.
SHERRY
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I truly appreciated the conflict in Noah when he was trying to deal with his brother's legacy and his childhood bulling. Helen has to deal with the heritage from her mother. when they meet and have a connection, the twist and turns make an intriguing story.
Rachael Keefe
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Noah and Helen have stolen my heart! I loved this book so much. I was stealing every moment I could to read. I didnt want to put it down. I loved that they broke all the rules and that they had such fabulous family there to help them along. I couldnt love this book more if I tried. I give this a country night sky full of stars rating because five just doesnt cut it! ...more
Amy
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I very much enjoyed the story of Helen and Noah. If anybody needed the other, it was these two. Both wounded and hiding secrets and hating to be out in society for various reasons.

I was glad it was also about the soldiers and the trauma they endure on the battlefields, although this was about Napoleon's war, it's still the case for all wars, so it was great that she made this subject a big part of the book.

Noah and Helen both healed each other. It's a story of love, friendship, acceptance and
D
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in return for an honest review.
I really thoroughly enjoyed reading Mesmerizing the Marquis. The 'who could it be' mystery and finding the truth out about his brother gave the story just enough twist and turns that it kept me interested through the whole book. It made me sad that Helen didn't enjoy her 'gift' and that Noah felt ashamed of his disability but felt that they both complimented each other well.
I have really liked reading all of Madeline Martin's books because
Chasity
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!

This book was amazing!! Noah and Helen are perfect for each other as I loved the description of all the side characters and Noah is my new book boyfriend!! Madeline Martin did it again!!!
Kat Wiley
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What is better than a historical romance? A historical regency romance with a mystery and paranormal. Mesmerizing the Marquis by Madeline Martin is book 11 of the Enduring Legacy series. Each book in this series is written by a different author and can be read as a standalone. I have read all of Madelines books and have enjoyed everyone but I thinks that Mesmerizing the Marquis is some of her best writing to date. The ending took me so much by surprise, I never saw it coming. Madeline has a way ...more
Pat
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Still going strong with the latest installment in this series! Book #11 is awesome!

Noah is a tortured man who hides from people because of a supposed family travesty and also because of his bad leg. Helen has a gift that she abhors and so she vows never to marry and have children so she does not pass along her ability. When Noah saves her life and little do they realize that their lives will be changed forever.

This story is full of emotion. It also has suspense and a twist that I did not see
Jennifer Yeakel
Helen is a sweet young woman who has a special "gift" of insight. But Helen considers it as a curse. With just a touch, she can see some ones past or future. She learns how to live with this but never acts on what she sees. That is until one day she is saved by Noah, after a carriage nearly runs her down. She sees Noah's impending death. Helen decides she will try to find out who is out to kill Noah and save him before her vision happens.
Candy Briggs
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is a mystery and a romance, this wondrous tale of good and evil. Nosh Haskett, the third Marquis of Hesteron, is in the throws, his brother has been accused of cowardice. He died at Waterloo but everyone thought he ran away but he didn't. He adored his younger brother and held him in great esteem.
Helen Craig was a very special lady. She read at St. Thomas Hospital to help the wounded get well. She had a gift, she could see into the future if she touched someone. Since a year ago she has added
Tammy Hinkley
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an extremely wonderful book. I couldn't put it down. Madeline helps you travel without leaving. So detailed that you feel you're right there. I feel Helen had more gifts that just seeing, she seemed to be an empath. Romantic and touching. Can't wait to read more of Ms. Martin's books.
Marina Leonard
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The 11th book in the Enduring Legacy series. You don't have to read them, but do yourself a favor and read them. This story was an emotional rollercoaster ride. The hero and heroine are both amazing. The description from a battle at Waterloo was so emotional, you really thought you were there. Have tissues handy. I couldn't put it down. Another page turner.
Ltlmer2
Thoroughly charming

Well paced with an interesting plot that takes you thru a few good twists. Loved the characters, their banter and chemistry. This is my first from Ms. Martin but I will be seeking out more.

• The Highlander’s Lost Lady (The Lairds Most Likely, #3)
  • Outlaw King (Renegade Scots, #1)
  • The Duke of Lies (The Untouchables, #9)
  • Kiss of a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #2)
  • Lord of Vice (Rogues to Riches, #6)
  • The Duke of Danger (The Untouchables, #6)
  • Lord of Secrets (Rogues to Riches, #5)
  • Never Say Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #4)
  • Lord of Temptation (Rogues to Riches, #4)
  • The First Snowdrop (Frazer, #1)
  • The Duke of Ruin (The Untouchables, #8)
  • Highland Avenger (Renegade Scots, #3)
  • The Duke of Kisses (The Untouchables, #11)
  • The Forbidden Duke (The Untouchables, #1)
  • The Duke of Deception (The Untouchables, #3)
  • A Very Regency Christmas
  • Once Upon a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #1)
  • The Duke of Ice (The Untouchables, #7)
Madeline Martin is a USA TODAY Bestselling author of Scottish set historical romance novels filled with twists and turns, adventure, steamy romance, empowered heroines and the men who are strong enough to love them.

She lives a glitter-filled life in Jacksonville, Florida with her two daughters (known collectively as the minions) and a man so wonderful he's been dubbed Mr. Awesome. She loves

Enduring Legacy (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Legacy's Origin (Enduring Legacy, #1)
  • One Enchanting Kiss (Enduring Legacy #2)
  • Visions of Pleasure (Enduring Legacy Book 3)
  • The Search For Sam (Enduring Legacy #4)
  • Highlander's Legacy (Enduring Legacy Book 5)
  • The Apothecary's Assistant (Enduring Legacy Book 6)
  • Rhapsody and Rebellion (Enduring Legacy #7)
  • A Hunter, a Witch, and a Shrew (Enduring Legacy Book 8)
  • Destiny's Duchess (Enduring Legacy, #9)
  • Charming Her Rogue (Enduring Legacy #10)