Start by marking “The Evolution of Man (The Trust Fund Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Evolution of Man (The Trust Fund Duet, #2)

The Evolution of Man

(The Trust Fund Duet #2)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  632 Ratings  ·  177 Reviews
Ambitious. Intense. Irresistible.

I never wanted to fall for a man.
And definitely not two men.

They tear me apart until I don’t know how I’ll ever be whole again. Until I’m not sure I want to be. How can I choose between two halves of myself?

THE EVOLUTION OF MAN is the second novel in the USA Today bestselling duet, which begins with Survival of the Richest.
Published September 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Evolution of Man, please sign up.
Dee it's really a duet. there is a book before, a quick one. honestly cannot remember the name of it now. anyway, this is the final book.
Dee
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Dar
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can you feel desperation through the pages of a book? Can you wallow in confusion along with the characters, even up to the last moment? Can fear, pain, joy, and pleasure course through your system, all at the same time. Each as powerful as the other, until you are left bereft and smiling? You can, and you will, when you read this book. I was completely immersed in the world, in the story, and couldn't pull myself away

This is the second story in the duet, and it takes place 6 months after our fi
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I was torn apart with the first book, so of course my crazy mind needed to know how this story ended.

And here it is, honest and simple....

My emotions were all over the place, I won't lie. I pushed boundaries with this one, but I knew I would going into this book. Definitely a book that was hard yet, I still enjoyed it. I still got what I wanted, and yes, I still want more.

The story picks up 6 months after the first book ends. We get thrown back into a triangle Christopher, Sutton, and Harper
April Symes
The Evolution of Man was such an emotionally beautiful and steamy conclusion to the Trust Fund Duet by Skye Warren.
The Evolution of Man picks up where we were left hanging on the side of a cliff and wondering what was going to happen next with Harper, Christopher and Sutton. The story starts 6 months after book 1 ended. Right away,nothing is solved nor clear and Harper, everything is falling apart. I felt like my heart was breaking and i wanted to, at times, tear my heart out because i felt for
Courtenay Bennett
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think this book nearly broke me and I’m not even mad about it. From start to finish, the emotion in this one is intense. Yes, it’s angsty, but not in the way you’d think with a love triangle. Most of the angst in this one comes from the devastating reality that Harper is losing her mom, and the heartbreaking helplessness she feels about being powerless to prevent it.
Skye has always had this beautiful, almost magical way with words. She can weave even the most abject heartbreak and give it its
Paula D
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is sad, intense, sexy and so full of different emotions it pulls towards you. Sutton, Christopher and Harper. Three people living in lies with there heart. Plus Harper goes through so much in this book and I loved her strength but also I loved when everything finally just clicked with her instead of living in a bubble. I do wish there was more to this book though. I would love to know Christopher’s point of view. Even Sutton’s cause there is a part in this book that kinda confused me a ...more
Sammy- Just Let Me Read
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Evolution of Man was an emotional and seductive conclusion to the Trust Fund Duet. With her captivating writing style, Skye Warren gives readers an unforgettable story of finding strength through love.

I expected this story to be full of angst, but I wasn't expecting the level of emotion that it involved. Harper was a woman practically drowning, trying her best to grasp on to something to pull her up. The story picks up six months after the end of the first book, and things have changed for
Karlena Lipari
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book pulled out so many of my emotions!! The dynamic between Harper and the guys, as well as the guys have with each other really made the book so freakin good!! Some crazy hot scenes that are panty-melting! Lots of tears for this book and had a hard time putting it down! I loved it!! I didn’t want it to end!

Arc copy generously provided by author for an honest review
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Emotional and very powerful! Awesome!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read Survival of the Richest First!

It took me a quick perusal of my last review to familiarize myself with where we were in the story. It certainly didn’t take as long for me to fall right back into the push and pull between these two intense men.

Your heart is right there with Harper as she tries to figure out why she is pulled towards both of these men. But her heart still belongs to one even though he appears to not have the same feelings.

We e
Julia
---Initial thoughts---

I’m marking this as one of the worst endings to a book I’ve ever read. Seriously bad. The author opens up this giant can of worms and then ends the book without any explanation, closure, or epilogue. I feel like I wasted hours of my precious time for a cheap HEA; if I can even call it that.

Up until 90% I was willing to give this 4 stars and I thought I knew what the big reason was for the heros push-pull act... but again, I got absolutely nothing.

---More ranting review be
Tanaka K
"I’m like a cartoon statue that’s been hammered. There’s a crack at the impact. The crack spreads into a thousand fractures, until I’m made of a million pieces."

A while back in June, I read a book called Survival of the Richest by Skye Warren. I went on a roller coaster with it. I smiled. I swooned. I screamed. Every single sentence and word in the book, I ate it up and swallowed. Little did I know that it will end up with a shocking ending that wrecked. I was a mess again. I needed book 2. I ne
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: ratula
The Evolution of Man is full of hot sexy times, romance and mindgames galore. But like a typical Skye Warren book she leaves you gasping for breath and on pins and needles in anticipation. I loved this conclusion and seriously never wanted it to end!

Skye is a a brilliant writer in that she makes you feel every emotion in this story. My heart ran the gamut of emotions from being happy to overwhelmingly heart broken. I smiled and teared up in the same breath and could not get enough. When we last
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
I’m so bummed by this book. I loved the first one and The Evolution of Man was one of my highly anticipated books to read and it just fell so short.

I’m sad that so many questions were left unanswered, it was a bit of a jumbled mess in the actual execution of the story, there really was no evolving of any of the characters, AND I honestly just didn’t love where the author took it with the characters, I’m just disappointed all around.

I’ve seen some good reviews, so maybe it’s just me :(

There wer
Karen Mc
Jun 10, 2018 marked it as to-read
I need to know how this twisted triangle ends now!!!
V💜Greedy~Thirst~For~Forbidden🖤
I have been waiting to hear the end of Harper’s story impatiently and I wasn’t disappointed.

I have wanted to hear Harper’s story since I first saw her in the End Game series and I was so glad when it was finally available, then I was left with a cliffhanger from hell I have been thirsty ever since.

Now her story is told and complete and it was so tormented and torn I had tears in my eyes reading the struggle she had to face and the pain she had to deal with. Although this may seem like a triangle
Michelle
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-pending
I can't even right now.

To give you an idea of my mindset before I started this book:
- I had just finished devouring over 20 Skye Warren books during the month.
- I looked at my Kindle and this cover and thought, 'this is it - the last Skye Warren book.'
- I wanted to start it, to devour it, but I was afraid that once I did that, there would be NO MORE books left to read.

But I caved. How could I resist Sutton, Christopher and Harper? I couldn't.

The Evolution of Man is the second book (& t
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

font_rend

The Evolution of Man by Skye Warren is a heartbreaking, raw, emotional erotic romance that was complicated and yet sensual and thought-provoking. Yes, this is a love triangle. Yes, there is heartbreak. Yes, there are flawed characters. Yes, to all of the above but what Skye Warren magnificently does is she creates a story that sucks you in. A story where your heart bled for the heroine, Harper as she battles with her feelings for two men a
Sara
I am going to attempt to review this and not give things away. There is a lot that happens it this, a lot of heart ache, angst and new discoveries that really should be read by each reader fresh so they feel the effect. I will spoiler tag a few things because I want to mention them and they've been swimming inside my head since I finished this yesterday.

I have been lost in this world of Skye Warren for the last few months. I picked up Escort on a whim and fell in love with Hugo and Bea but I al
Di Covey
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

"It feels like I’m wearing a red riding hood with two wolves prowling behind me, wondering which one will eat me first. There’s always the chance they’ll eat each other."

I feel like I just walked through the desert without water. I had to reach my destination, but I couldn't stop to take a drink. My throat has closed up, yet my heart half healed. I loved and hated this heartbreaking journey. I knew what awaited me at the end, but the detours were what was needed to see me through.

T
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
The Evolution of Man struck a chord deep within me and I'm unsure of even where to go from here.  Yes, this is a love triangle. Yes, this is an erotic, sensual love story rife with angst and lust and complicated emotion. Yes, this conclusion shatters all the expectations I set in place for it with its shocking twists and the most intense chemistry between Harper, Sutton and Christopher. But it's also a story of loss and grief and heartache that completely obliterated my heart in the most powerfu ...more
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
After being team fip flop in book one when I couldn't decide whether I loved Christopher or Sutton more I went into this one feeling anxious... Well I ADORED this one!!!

The kind of love story that has you smiling, then scowling, then swooning, then shouting. This book has it all. Plenty of emotions, seriously hot, like blow up your kindle kind of chemistry and emotional scenes that had me reaching for the tissues.

I loved the three and the journey they took together. Skye Warren is fast becoming
Shyralf
3 ⭐⭐⭐ Stars! It didn’t feel finished. I don’t like the way it ended, nothing felt resolved. What’s happened to Sutton? There was this whole build up to this fabulous love triangle and then nothing? Totally unsatisfied. ...more
Kim BookJunkie
”Pretend you don’t want this, if it helps. That goes for the both of you. I’ll be the villain in this story.”

I absolutely loved the first two books in this series and was eagerly waiting the release of this one so I could find out how this love triangle would play out. However, after reading many books while waiting for months this one to come out, I struggled to reclaim the feelings I had felt while reading the earlier installments. I was so eager to feel the passion I had previously experien
Literati Literature Lovers
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I must admit I have a love/ hate relationship with love triangles. I thrive on the anxiety they cause me. It’s harder when I love both male characters. But, author Skye Warren captivated me and stole my heart with Harper, Sutton and Christopher. I’m glad she was in charge because choosing would kill me!

The story picks up flawlessly where book one ended and immediately the tension builds. The push / pull between Harper, Sutton, and Christopher is intense. The relationships are complicated amongst
Heather C
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, sept-2018
The Evolution of Man is the exciting conclusion in the Survival of the Richest Series. It's dark, conflicting and absolutely addicting. I loved every moment of it. The push and pull between Harper, Christopher and Sutton drove me mad, made my heart beat fast and me fall utterly in love with them all.

There were so many angsty moments that left me gasping and my heart fluttering. I ached and rooted for them all at the same time. I felt like there was enough added elements that I was constantly tr
Kristine
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I was thoroughly disappointed with this book. After reading Survival of the Richest it was a five star read, this one takes great effort to even be a three star read. Skye Warren said she struggled to write this book and it was so easy to picture her struggling with its painfully boring writing. It was slow-paced and lackluster. This is not a romance book. None of the characters are in love with each other. It ranged from being a MFM relationship between the characters to being fully MM, almost ...more
Janey
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love Skye Warren & adored these characters. Wanted a little more at the end though..
Avidez Literaria
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
“Because I won’t let him. I’m not only a woman. I’m a she-devil. A serin. A mythical creature, except I’m the one who’s been made of stone. And he’s the man who turns me into flesh and blood.”

I confess that my expectations for this book were high, after all I loved Survival of the Richest and was eagerly awaiting the conclusion of the story. It hurts me a lot to say that unfortunately I was disappointed.
The book starts six months after the previous one ended. Harper now has full control of her
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting on pins and needles for the conclusion to the Trust Fund duet. And with THE EVOLUTION OF MAN it’s finally, finally here!! Finally. Can you tell I was desperate? I mean, how could I not be with the way Skye Warren left us hanging with Harper St. Claire, Christopher Bardot and Sutton Mayfair?

This is going to be vague as hell, but you should experience the seduction and mind-games of this amazingly twisted and smokin’ hot tale yourself.

The story surprised me from the very beginnin
Katy
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I want to start off by saying I love and adore Skye Warren. I think she is one of the best and move creative romance writers out there; however that being said...I did not like The Evolution of Man and I am so bummed out about it! The first part of the book I was really into and couldn't put down, but then something just happened and things changed.

I just didn't like how the story went honestly! I thought it was rushed and a bit messy in places. The characters were great, their chemistry was on

The Trust Fund Duet (2 books)
  • Survival of the Richest (The Trust Fund Duet, #1)