Start by marking “A Pho Love Story” as Want to Read:
A Pho Love Story

A Pho Love Story

When Dimple Met Rishi meets Ugly Delicious in this funny, smart romantic comedy, in which two Vietnamese-American teens fall in love and must navigate their newfound relationship amid their families’ age-old feud about their competing, neighboring restaurants.

If Bao Nguyen had to describe himself, he’d say he was a rock. Steady and strong, but not particularly interesting
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: February 9th 2021 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about A Pho Love Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pho Love Story

Start your review of A Pho Love Story
Tova
Sep 20, 2018 marked it as 2021-releases  ·  review of another edition
This looks ridiculously cute, and I am super excited.
Lien
Aug 04, 2020 marked it as maybe
As a pho-natic, just looking at the word makes me hungry.
This will be pho-nomenal. Pho sure.
Sorry, I’ll stop now.
Pho real.
Phuong ✯
Aug 05, 2020 marked it as to-read-unreleased  ·  review of another edition
Before I started reading romances and got my harem of book-boyfriends, I had only one (1) love and that was food. Especially Pho.

the cover?
rivals-to-lovers?
viet rep?

cute. but I'm going to read it for my one true love pho 🍲
nat
May 07, 2020 marked it as 2021-publications
edit: THIS COVER I'M IN LOVE

I'd call myself a rock too
michelle (magical reads)
rep: ownvoices Vietnamese-American protagonists and side characters

yes hi the Vietnamese-American representation in this book made me cry

rtc
Cindy ✩☽♔
Aug 15, 2018 marked it as to-read
OMG, a book about Vietnamese protagonists!? And it involves Pho? YES!!! Please be good, please be good!
delaney
Jul 03, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This sounds like a Vietnamese Romeo & Juliet with pho included. I am both laughing because this sounds like fun and excited because I am embracing more of my Vietnamese heritage. ...more
prag ♻
Jun 25, 2020 marked it as to-read
THE COVER IS SO CUTE!!! I LOVE ILLUSTRATED COVERS
Fanna
Jul 01, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021-releases
July 01, 2020: You can't expect me to not be excited when a Vietnamese-American love story is said to be perfect for fans of When Dimple Met Rishi because EXCUSE ME. And then this cutest cover.
frannie pan
Vietnamese culture, Romeo&Juliet thing, RESTAURANTS (=FOOD).
YES, YES AND YESSS!!!
mira⁷
Nov 18, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i freaking love pho noodles so sign me tf up
Alicia
An adorably delightful romance that I wish was a little bit shorter. It was bloated in a few places, particularly in the middle which could have made the star-crossed love and the family's immigration story / generation gap that much more powerful.

But is it a lovely unfolding of a romance? Yes. And make you want to eat? Yes. And think about and reflect on your family's story and importance of knowing where you came from and where you're going? Yes. And follow your dreams? Yes.

The story has two
NamChi
Jul 08, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I've never written pre-reviews before but I just had to after accidentally discovering this in a GR list. The cover is so adorable!! Such cute illustrations and the background colour is purple too - my fave colour. 😍 I never thought I'd get to see the day where I could read about Vietnamese protagonists in YA contemporary fiction. I'm soo ready to relate to Bảo and Linh on a personal level and I can't wait till this comes out :D
TABI⁷ (ᕗツ)ᕗ
give me this and give me a movie about this
♡ kim ♡
Jul 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
another reason to wish it were 2021...like, now. i need adorable asian representation in my life.
Kristen Beverly
This book combines what I love most - reading and food! Linh and Bao have one thing in common - they understand the pressure of having to help run a small family Pho restaurant. Linh would much rather be working on her art or going to shows and Bao would rather be doing just about anything else. Since their families own rival restaurants, they’ve always kept their distance. But after Bao shows kindness to Linh in a time of need, they start to fall for each other. But can they overcome their fami ...more
Shay
Aug 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021-reads
WHAT'S THIS NOW? I've never heard a plot I've wanted to read more. I'm here pho it.
Sana
Jul 04, 2020 marked it as to-read-so-bad-it-hurts  ·  review of another edition
Vietnamese-American rom-com in the vein of Tweet Cute, eeee
Krisha||Bookathon
I am super excited about this rom-com about Vietnamese American teens and also perfect for fans of When Dimple met Rishi? Couldn't be more excited and also THAT COVER IS SO CUTE!
Julie Tieu
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will try my best not to write this review for this phonomenal book without a pho pun. Okay never mind.

A PHO LOVE STORY follows Linh Mai and Bao Nguyen’s unexpected romance since their families work at competing pho restaurants. As they meet in secret, they begin to discover that their families’ rivalry runs deeper than the line of customers during a busy dinner service. There are so many things to love about this book. Linh and Bao’s romance is so precious with their stolen moments. Not only d
Kate✨ (Queen Kate the Brave of Narnia)
This is combining my two favorite things in this world (at the moment): food, because Pho is freakin' delicious, and romance. Can't wait for this new release!!
Cathy
" Two households, both alike in dignity. . ."
That is the beginning of the prologue for Shakespeare's tragedy Romeo and Juliet. Luckily, this YA rom com is not a tragedy, but the elements of long-seated family feuding, family secrets and a hidden relationship are in this new novel coming out in February of 2021.
Amani
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received this ARC from @NetGalley.

The protagonists are Vietnamese and this is an enemies to lovers trope. Perfect for fans of Sandhya Menon. I adored this book and I don't want to give away anything but if you're a fan of rom-coms then this is for you!
Michelle Richter
I absolutely adore this charming star-crossed love story of teens from competing pho restaurants. I kept whipping through the pages, and loved the main characters, Linh and Bao, so much. The characters are so richly drawn, and their family relationships, and the balance between their dreams and their parents' dreams for them completely captivated me. Loan Le is a wonderful writer, and I'd love to read more from her.
Anna Jackson
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, thank you to Edelweiss and the publisher for giving me an advance reader copy in exchange for an honest review! I appreciate it!

Overall, I really enjoyed this book - the characters were interesting and the story line was fun and original. I appreciated a deeper look into Vietnamese American culture, especially the history of the strong Vietnamese people who were able to escape a tragic past to find a better life after the Vietnam War. Coming from the Midwest where we don't have a l
Gretal
Sep 30, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yarc
I was excited to read this, but unfortunately it just didn't work for me like I'd hoped it would. The main reason for this is likely that it's told in two first person povs that I seriously struggled to differentiate between. Frequently, I'd be in the middle of a chapter and have no idea which character's head I was in.

On the bright side, I loved the descriptions of food and the way the author included so much Vietnamese without always providing a translation.
Elisabeth
I wanted to really like this story, it just fell super flat and got boring. I liked the premise, the story line was right up my alley, and yet the story and characters were quite boring and the story seemed too drawn out for what it could have been. It had it's moments, but didn't quite deliver like I had hoped.

Thanks to Edelweiss for the ARC!
Mai
Jun 23, 2020 marked it as to-read
Just pre-ordered! Can't wait to devour this!
Solace_In_Reading
6.23.2020
love this cover!!
sasha
Aug 30, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
this looks absolutely adorable and we're getting some Vietnamese rep!!! Hoping to score an ARC

• Legendborn (Legendborn, #1)
  • Shipped
  • A Vow So Bold and Deadly (Cursebreakers, #3)
  • Cool for the Summer
  • In a Holidaze
  • The Cost of Knowing
  • These Violent Delights (These Violent Delights, #1)
  • Ties That Tether
  • Fangirl, Vol. 1: The Manga
  • Instant Karma
  • The Magic Fish
  • Rent a Boyfriend
  • Ten Rules for Faking It
  • All This Time
  • Mexican Gothic
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • One Last Stop
  • To Love and to Loathe
Loan Le is the youngest child of two Vietnamese immigrants hailing from Nha Trang. She holds an MFA degree in fiction from Fairfield University, also her undergraduate alma mater. A Pushcart Prize–nominated writer, her short stories have appeared in CRAFT Literary, Mud Season Review, and Angel City Review. Loan is an editor at Simon and Schuster's Atria Books imprint and lives in Manhattan. A Pho ...more