Start by marking “Ethan's Bride (King's Valley #1)” as Want to Read:
Ethan's Bride (King's Valley #1)

Ethan's Bride

(King's Valley #1)

For most of her life, Jessica has played the role of the perfect daughter, perfect stepdaughter, and, ultimately, the perfect fiancée, concealing her true self behind the person she thought everyone else wanted and expected her to be.That all ends the day she discovers that her future husband is cheating on her.

Her spur-of-the-moment escape comes to a grinding halt when h
Published June 2018 by Amazon Digital Services (first published December 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ethan's Bride, please sign up.
Margaret Desmond Why, yes it is! Or, it CAN be. The digital version of this book is available on OverDrive. However, your local or regional library needs to purchase t…moreWhy, yes it is! Or, it CAN be. The digital version of this book is available on OverDrive. However, your local or regional library needs to purchase the book first, if they haven't already. Download the OverDrive app to your e-reader (the app is available through most app stores). Follow the instructions to access your library system. You will need your library card. Once you're connected, search for "Margaret Desmond." If the library hasn't purchased the book yet, my books will still pop up on screen with "Recommend" beneath each book. Hit that "Recommend" button! If the library buys my books, you'll be one of the first in line to receive a loaner copy. Thanks for helping me place these clean, heartwarming romances in libraries all over the USA!(less)

Start your review of Ethan's Bride (King's Valley #1)
C.
The best part about this book is the hero's grandmother Zelda(who is a treasure) and his dog Brutus!
There is very little true romance. Jessica should have kicked Ethan to the curb, for his brutish behavior, at first meeting and never looked back! Instead their interactions are all based on lust! Passionate make-out sessions one minute and his cruel remarks and distrust, the next,yet she continues to "melt" every time he touches her! She should have kneed him a good one, and continued her planne
Darlingem
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I've been disappointed with many of the freebies I've read lately, mainly because they were poorly written. Kudos to Ms. Desmond for a very well-written story that grabbed my interest from the first paragraph and had me reading cover-to-cover in one sitting. I grew up reading category romances from the early 80's (dailey, palmer, etc.,) where the H could be - let's face it - a bit of an a** at first, but those authors usually managed to write the characters in a way that the r ...more
Carolina
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this first book in A Kings Valley Romance. Jessica and Ethan were fun to watch along their way to love. Zelda was perfect and Brutus such a dog! Looking forward to more!
Linda Zaragoza-zrubek
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

Super good book! Loved this romantic story about Jessica and Ethan. They both were very good characters and I fell in love with Ethan’s grandmother Zelda! A great book I know others would enjoy.
Vibliophile
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
(3.5 stars) - Brings back memories

This story was so much like a Harlequin romance that I flipped back to the beginning to check if it was one, lol. It's a decent story when you're in the mood for an enemies-to-lovers trope.

Evan is a little too alpha caveman in the first part, and Jessica is a little too indecisive (for lack of a better word). There's a fair amount of stereotyping in the characters & story, but it's well enough done that it's not that big a deal.

I enjoyed my trip down memory l
Melody
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-again
*sigh* Oh yes. Ms. Margaret, you know how to write stories that I loveeeee.

Of the three King’s Valley stories, though this is the first in the series, this is the last one I read, and probably my least favorite. The author has improved with time! Even still, I loved it. So good.

I think the only thing I didn’t like was the mention of her breasts so much! Haha! I didn’t care for that too much.

4 1/2 stars.
Debra
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Ryan's Bride

The day before the wedding she found her groom in bed with her brides maid, step sister. When at the wedding when asked if she'd take this man she bolted. After she left the car she had taken broken down. She is met with hostility by the man who found her. He had a back story that made him suspicious of her and her family name. Can these two with damaged trust issues be able to find that the love they were looking for is right before them?
Laurel
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a refreshing change from some of the awful empty books of this genre, I have been stuck reading. This is not the best book I have read this year. It did make me feel like I was there, broke down on the highway, trying to find help, fainting due to heat. Then later meeting friends at a picnic, & a guest at a charity dance. I fell in love with the grandmother & her house. There may have been holes in places, but this was a satisfying read, and totally chaste. ...more
Tonya Stinnett
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This is a good clean book. It is about two people who had been hurt and was leaning on each other as they got threw it. At first Ethan hated Jessica. She showed up out of nowhere in a wedding dress on the day he was supposed to be married. Jessica was running from the man she was supposed to marry after she found him with her stepsister. Will these two be able to get over past hurts to be happy? You must read to know.
Susan Carroll
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Out of the frying pan, into the fire?

Jessica is running away from the altar and high society expectations. Ethan is still reeling from his fiance's betrayal. How can they find Iove, when there is such pain and sorrow in the way? Great story of "may perfect for each other, but can love ever be trusted?"
Glaidene Ramsey
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A King's Valley Romance

I liked the story of Ethan and his Bride. The Bride ran out of her wedding after she saw her fiancee had an affair with her stepfather. The story begins when her getaway car breaks down. Enjoy this story I did!!!!!!
Marcey
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book quite a bit but it lacked the romance that I was looking for. What I mean is that I wanted there to be more between Ethan and Jessica, it seemed too rushed and then it was over. This book could be very fulfilling if only there was a pinch more of Ethan and Jessica.
Vinita C.
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Romance

Though this romance is clean, the characters carry too much baggage for it to be considered sweet. Most of us need a large cart for our own baggage, so it is good to read about two who left theirs behind.
Taralee
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun and quick read.It's always refreshing reading a sweet, clean romance. I look forward to reading the other books in the series.
Cynthia
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

The run away bride meets the small town lawyer. Both of them need to mend three hearts. It's a beautiful story of starting over.
Joyce Vasilev
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A nice start to what looks like great series

This was a good story with lots of fun moments. It is an enticing start to this series. I am also looking forward to her new series.
Kym
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable boy-meets-girl who has just left her groom at the alter love story!
Colleen Sasser
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed

A wonderful love story with great charismatic characters. A warm love story of love at first sight with a few laughs along the way.
Deanna
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful of love after heartache and betrayal

This book was packed full of emotions. Thoroughly enjoyed their journey of past hurt and new beginnings. A definite must read
Nathan Defee
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

I like it because it about romantic stuff and that Ethan has completely changed his life and her life. What a great book to read
Patricia
A Real Gem!

Once I got started, I couldn’t put it down. The characters were likable and relatable. A refreshingly clean read, I absolutely loved it!
Catherine Geist
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

This book was goog. The storyline was good and it was well written. It makes a point that we shouldn't judge people until we get to know them. Etan judged Jessica on sight.
Mary E
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Relationships are not always easy

This is the story of just such a relationship. Old baggage gets in the way and advantages the present until we let it go.
Eileen Fienberg
Great!
Beverly Kee
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very cute story!

While different than the other books by this author I have read, it was well written and good storyline! I enjoyed it a lot!
Samantha
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed

I enjoyed the book. It was the first in a series based in a small town valley area in northern California. Worth looking at the next one.
Englishrose
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a totally sweet little book. With fun characters and a super, sugary sweet plot, it was a great dip into a quick romance. The main characters fell in love naturally and sweetly, though they didn't seem to have a lot of flaws. Everything fell into place in a way you enjoy on a wintry night in front of a fire and a book in hand, but without the depth of an in depth read. The setting seemed a bit off and unresearched (for one who grew up in that area), but otherwise it was a well created w ...more
TFitz
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favories
The author promised a clean, sweet read and that's exactly what she delivered. I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly I was pulled in to the story. Her descriptions of characters and scenery are captivating. There was just the right amount of sweet tension between Ethan and Jessica to make my heart thump, even when it was just a scene when he brushes his hand against her cheek. Very well written. Looking forward to reading more in this series!
Lynette
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This was a fun read for a cold Saturday. I read another book by this author which made me want to read this one. It was a little more steamy than I usually read, but it didn't get to the point of being uncomfortable. I liked the plot and the characters were great. I was sad to see it end. I wasn't ready to leave King's Valley.

• Cooper (Cowboys of Ransom Creek, #3)
  • The Neighbor's Secret (Secret Billionaire Romance, #1)
  • The Cowboy's Fake Marriage
  • The Party (Dear Santa, #1)
  • An Unlikely Alliance (A Change in Plans #1)
  • Full Circle
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Boss (Christmas in Coral Canyon #2)
  • Her Unexpected Cowboy (Unforgettable Cowboys Book 1)
  • A Doctor's Promise (Lifeline Air Rescue #1)
  • Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • With This Ring (Windswept Bay, #6)
  • Just Breathe (The Protectors #2)
  • Heather (Hart Land Book 1)
  • If the Shoe Fits (Once Upon A Romance, #1)
  • Songbird Season (Melinda Foster, #5)
  • Cowboys & Starlight (A Starlight Sweet Romance, #1)
  • Falling for You (Sapphire Bay, #1)
  • Hometown Girl After All (Hometown #2)
Born and raised in northern California, Maggie now lives in Montana - The Last Best Place - where, God willing, she plans to stay forever

Please visit Margaret's website to sign up for updates on future publications, contests and book giveaways.

King's Valley (4 books)
  • Her Ordinary Joe (King's Valley #2)
  • The Return of Devin Wakefield (King's Valley #3)
  • Annie and Jake (King's Valley #4)