Start by marking “Cross Drop (On The Edge Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Cross Drop (On The Edge Book 2)

Cross Drop

(On the Edge #2)

Nikki

Im not a saint. Never claimed to be. Ive played the game and scored my fair shareboth on and off the field. This is why I should have known better than to fall for a hockey player. But I did. I fell fast and hard.

Now Im left with the painful consequences, reminded every day of how reckless I had been by giving him my heart so easilyso willingly. Dalt broke me in
Published June 19th 2018 by Limitless Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Cross Drop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cross Drop

Start your review of Cross Drop (On The Edge Book 2)
Jenny Prose
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review for Cross Drop
By Elizabeth Hartly
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I loved this book! It is a story of the college hockey, and soccer stars that meet and fall in love. They are torn apart by a self-serving malicious father. That thinks he knows best for his son. They eventually find their way back to each other and rekindle their love that never died. Only to be momentarily torn apart again by a secret they Nikki kept from Dalton.

Review by Jen M.
Erin Lewis
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Star Review Cross Drop (On The Edge Book 2) by Elizabeth Hartey

Cross Drop is a second chance at love story which I enjoyed from Elizabeth Hartey who is a new author to me. I do feel it may have been beneficial for me to have read the previous book in the series as although not about Nikki and Dalt, it certainly laid the groundwork for this story.

Having said that I appreciated that Ms.Hartey re capped in the first few chaptersof Cross Drop the background of the relationship between Nikki and
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
-Kacie, ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Nikki and Dalt are in serious lust at the beginning of the book. It shows they have a great connection and are seriously hooked on each other. Then there is a huge jump in time and they arent together anymore. Throughout the story, it explains the jump in time, but I would have liked to read and experience the emotions of the turning point. I feel it would have made a bigger impact on the story.

I did enjoy this story. It was a good second chance and sport related romance. It had a
Jackie Wright
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know an author is doing a great job when you first come across her at book 2 in the series yet you still love the book you are reading, I certainly will be checking out book 1 in the On the Edge Series as well as others by Elizabeth Hartley.
College hockey and College soccer come together in this second chance romance. Nikki and Dalt met and fell in love but Nikki disappeared without a trace for a couple of semesters when she returns will Dalt get the answers he wants and forgive her and
mybookcraze
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-2018, june-2018
*Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

This is a new author for me. This was a great second chance book. I loved the plot it ran really smoothly throughout the book. Also, love the cover. This story is about two college players who fall in love but get drifted apart, but they rekindle there romance later on in life.
Lauren - SERIESous Books

**I received a review copy of this book in exchange for an honest voluntary review. All opinions are my own and not influenced by my source.**

I couldn't wait for this story! After the buildup in the previous book, I couldn't wait to see what went so wrong between this couple that seemed so right for each other.

Nikki and Dalt have explosive chemistry right from the start. And I loved that we got those first few chapters dedicated to the earlier parts of their relationship. It really built up
Caitlin Audet
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

Cross Drop by Elizabeth Hartey is the second book in the On the Edge series. It is also my first book from this author since I didn't know about the series when I wanted to read this. Although I fully believe these books to be standalones I would still suggest reading book 1 of the series first to get a better understanding of the characters because honestly I felt a little confused when I started reading and it took a bit to feel caught up.

I
Diane Lynch
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hockey-romance
Elizabeth Hartey scores with CROSS DROP, the second book in the On the Edge Series. College hockey star, Dalton Walker, has loved one girl, Nikki Dixon. He has no idea why she suddenly hates him and left the school. Now two years later, she is back, and he is determined to figure out what happened. This contemporary sport romance primarily takes place at Bernard University in Maine.

After reading book one, CROSS STROKE, I was anxiously awaiting Dalt and Nikkis story. They obviously had history; I
Jennifer Pierson
Nikki and Dalt were happily together, until forces broke them up, and both thought the other was responsible. Now two years later, even though Nikki hates him, she can't control her connection to him. And Dalt is going to get answers as to why she left him without a word why. But as they wade through the crap that tore them apart, how long will it last when the secret that Nikki still has is exposed? Oh my feels, Cross Drop had me from the very first paragraph to the very end, with everything in ...more
Lisa Stanton
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great quick read. Nikki and Dalt meet at college, hes king of the hockey rink and shes the queen of the soccer field, they are both young, in love and having the time of their lives, until Dalts dad steps in to ruin everything, he had his own plans for Dalt, which didnt include Nikki. The pace was ok although it did get a little tiresome in the middle, as it felt like they were just going over the same thing and getting nowhere, the start and finish were great though, I loved both ...more
Sharon Jones
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog.
This is my first book by Elizabeth Hartey, and I think that this is one of my favourite college hockey romance novels I have read this year.
This is the second book in this series, it can completely be read as a standalone, but as I haven't read the first book and the characters in that book do pop up in this one, I would love to read their story also.
Dalt and Nikki have not had the easiest of relationships, but it wasn't because of anything
Ree
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book.

Nikki & Dalt are so in love with each other - until Nikki disappears. When she comes back to school, there's suddenly a chasm between them that is so wide, leaving Dalt confused. As Dalt refuses to give up on the love of his life, he finds out secrets and things he never imagined. Can he and Nikki move past everything and give their love another chance?

I loved that Dalt never gave up on Nikki. Sure, he did dumb stuff, but his heart was in the right place more often
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
A new kind of sports romance!

This book was heavy on the sports, heavy on the drama and heavy on the steam.

I honestly didn't think I would like it at first. The beginning was all "look how awesome My girl Nikki is, she's perfect, can do no wrong, etc."

But THEN, boom! She's not his girl anymore! Why? You'll have to wait to find out. I sure did!

Relationship-suspense aside, I was so sucked in by the story. Though initially the characters seemed a bit shallow, they turned out to be anything but.

I
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I received this book in exchange for an honest review and honestly I was very excited for this book. I figured hot hockey players, what could go wrong? Unfortunately this story has been told many times in different ways and there was very little originality in it. In addition I didnt connect with the characters. I felt like they were very superficial and just didnt have enough depth to them to really fall in love with them. I think this book needed a different, original plot line to make it ...more
Britt The Red Hatter Book Blog
It was a given I was going to love Cross Drop. Second chance, secrets that keep you on edge, sexy hockey player. The list goes on and on of things I love when it comes to this book. I devoured it in one sitting completely glued to every page! Dalt and Nikki had me in love with them right from the start. From the heart warming sweetness before they were torn apart through the roller coaster of all they went through I was lost to their story.
The relationship they have is the definition of soul
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
nikki and Dalt loved each other hard and thought forever was thier future til Nikki discovered Dalt wasn't who she thought and left behind a piece of herself. Dalt thought things were good then all of a sudden Nikki was gone. Now they've crossed paths again and Dalt isn't giving up this time, he wants answers but when the truth is revealed can Nikki and Dalt still have thier forever?
Kari Hansen
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dalt is a college hockey player who is expected to play in the NHL and Nikki is the captain of the soccer team. They were in love and appeared to the perfect couple until she left two years ago without telling Dalt why and they havent had any contact since.

Nikki is now back, and she is giving him the cold shoulder but he doesnt know why as she was the one who left. She is the only woman he has ever loved and he wants answers. They find out they were betrayed and manage to move past the
Michelle Krystel
I was given an advanced readers copy of this book and have decided to leave a voluntary honest review. I'm just loving this series, first dak and Tracey and now Dalt and Nikki. Nikki and Dalt story is quite emotional but also filled with sexual chimisty. Some scenes are off the sex charts lol. I loved this book from start to finish. It's one 9f this books that has you on the edge of your seat thinking omg what could possibly happen next. Yes it was that damn good.
Amber Goodwin
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great books! Nikki and Dalt are made for each other. They have such chemistry. Just when Nikki thinks everything is going right something must go wrong. Dalt has no clue why Nikki up and left him. Time and space hasn't dulled the attraction they have. Will they be able to get past their past? Will tragedy strike yet again? This was a great read!!!
I Dont Get Sundays
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Nikki and Dalt had a lot of history when we got to their story. Dalt is achieving his goals while Nikki is recapturing her life after a little break. Their story was endearing and I loved that they were able to connect again. I loved that Dalt really didn't give up. These two will make your heart melt.
Lauren
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These two are a hot mess ... Dalt has no clue why Nikki left him 2 years ago. Nikki wants nothing to do with him. Come to find out its all Dalt's fathers fault. Y'all they are hot and crazy about esch other it doesn't take much for you too see it. When Dalt finds out the secrets Nikki is hiding he looses his crap. Y'all these two are amazing together and they truly belong together.
Heather andrews
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nik is quite the horny, handsy drunk, come on, hockey boy. Need to nail your big, hard love hammer, she purrs into my ear." Dalt is quite cocky in his skills, hey, you made me wait to get home. If we stayed at the inn, Id already be buried so deep inside you everyone staying there would know my name by the way youd be screaming it. I liked this book, I loved Dalt. ...more
Coco.V
Feb 07, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 On The Edge Series: Books 1-3 is FREE on Amazon today (2/7/2020)! 🎁
Once Upon A Romance  Blog
Oh wow. Oh wow. This book was explosive. I loved this story. The secrets the love and the angst. This is on the top of my list for best reads this year. You will not be dissapointed.

Arc was kindly given in exchange for an honest review
Wendy Livingstone
This is the 2nd book in this awesome series. Nikki and Dalt were soul-mates, until a misunderstanding sent Nikki packing. Now 2 years later she is back, and Dalt is determined to find out why she hates him. These two need to work hard to overcome issues and trust one another again. Will a huge secret finally end their relationship? No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed! This is a beautifully written flawless story, which is an engaging and captivating page ...more
Maddie
Jun 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ally Swanson
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
---4.5 Stars---

This book was such an exciting, fun, flirty, intriguing read!

This book is about two college athletes, both at the top of their game. Dalt, a hot shot hockey player and Nikki, a soccer star. Both have fallen hard for each other and with their chemistry its not difficult to see why. However, after a misunderstanding the relationship is ended on a sour note. Two years later they both cross paths and its clear that the attraction is still there. But can they get past the secrets and
Sapphyria
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cross Drop is a second chance at romance novel. Dalt is a rick hockey player - Nikki a soccer player from a different social class. Neither care too much about where each other comes from, it doesn't really matter. They are too busy enjoying each other in ways that neither have enjoyed when dating others prior. Then, out of the blue with no explanation or reason, Nikki disappears. When she reappears over a year later, the passion they had is still there, simmering. Dalt doesn't understand why ...more
E.
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 stars

Cross Drop by Elizabeth Hartey is a new adult contemporary sports romance that features two college athletes who should be on top of the world. Dalt is a top hockey player and his girl, Nikki, is a soccer star, and theyre inseparableuntil theyre not. Their incandescent attraction doesnt die, but the obstacles that separate them may be too much to overcome unless they learn to truly communicate.

This is the second book in the On the Edge series and centers around a charismatic couple who
Brianne
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, this book is so different then the other sports romance novels out there - two characters who seem destined to be together from the very start and then suddenly they are no longer together - and you are like what the hell. I found myself really liking the character of Dalt and I felt so bad for him that Nikki just left him hanging, but it didn't take me long to figure out why - but then once you figure that out - you wonder why they actually split up. Elizabeth Hartey did a fantastic job ...more

• Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Checked (Boston Terriers Hockey #1)
  • For the Captain (The Detroit Pirates Book 1)
  • Defending Donovan (Face-Off Legacy Book 6)
  • Iced (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • Sawyer (Carolina Reapers #2)
  • Player on Ice (Boys of Winter #5)
  • Prince Pucking Charming
  • Switch Bidder (Jock Hard #2.5)
  • Score (Boston Terriers #6)
  • Poke Checking (Puck Battle #2)
  • Luca (Chicago Blaze, #2)
  • Kissing Micky (Washington Guardians Hockey #1)
  • Defender (Seattle Sharks #9)
  • Butt Ending (Big Stick, #2)
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)

On the Edge (3 books)
  • Cross Stroke (On the Edge, #1)
  • Cross Crease (On the Edge, #3)