Start by marking “Motive (Office Roulette #2)” as Want to Read:
Motive (Office Roulette #2)

Motive

(Office Roulette #2)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
The Office Roulette trilogy continues with an epic battle between blame and forgiveness…

Rye Marshall had it all—wealth, prominence, and the love of his life. But nothing lasts forever, and his perfect world came crashing down around him. When the dust settled, he found himself alone and starting from a clean slate.

Grace Dorrance had made many mistakes in her life, but on
Published July 17th 2018 by Kennedy Layne Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Motive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Motive

Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live.
Motive is book two in the Office Roulette Trilogy and follows the misfortunes of Grace and her secret lover Rye from a rival company. This follows Grace and Rye relationship and the impact of Brad’s murder, and how it has affected their lives. Lucky for Grace she has the support of her two best friends after the events that happened at the end of Means.
This is spoiler free, not that I know who the killer is as new suspects come to light, as more clues
Sofia Lazaridou
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Motive is the second book in the Office Roulette series and I have to say that I was more satisfied with this story than I was with the first one. The characters were likable and I liked the story even if I am not a fan of second chance romances. I wanna know what the author has planned for the third book since we don't have many things happening in this one. Grace is very smart and I want to see her working with the heroine of the third book to find the killer. I have no idea which direction th ...more
Viktoria
Didn’t really like Grace
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Inkslinger PR and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

Disclaimer: I would highly suggest that you read the first book in the Office Roulette Trilogy before diving into this one. There is an overarching story arc that will only make sense if you start from the beginning (which suffice to say, I did not!).

Grace Dorrance and R
Malissa
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

First let me start off by saying that while it isn't an absolute must I highly advise you reading this series in order. The romance itself is a standalone but the inner workings of this office and the friendships is an integral part to the story line. I will also say that you MUST read this book before going on to book three as this leaves you in a pretty big cliffhanger situation, bigger in my opinion that from Means to Motive.

Now that that is out of the way lets talk strictly about Motive. Mo
Johnaka
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Motive by Kennedy Layne
“Who did it? 5 stars”

Murder is in the air and the question is who did it? Well, we don’t find out in book two of the Office Roulette series, but we get further sucked into the mystery. Everyone had motive and is a suspect except for a select few. Who do you think did it?
Grace can’t believe her boss was murdered, let alone the fact she was arrested for it without any real cause. She’s been part of a scandal before and rather not go through it again. Especially now that Rye’
Kari Hansen
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
If it wasn’t bad enough to come across her boss’s murdered body now Grace has been arrested for the crime. Someone is trying to set her up and she needs to find out who and why without bring any negative attention to Rye. She still feels guilty for what happened in the past and she will do anything to protect him and his reputation.

Rye fell in love with her when they were in college. After the scandal erupted she pushed him out of her life but he isn’t about to let her do that again. He will do
Jo
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
PSA - please read book 1 before you start on this - it will greatly enhance your enjoyment of the story.

Once again, this isn't a long book - but that really works in the context of the trio of female protagonists and their individual yet entwined story arcs.

I really enjoy reading their stories.  Grace is stubborn, but watching Rye wear her down against the backdrop of a murder investigation is a great way to while away time curled up on the sofa.

I still have no clear idea who the bad guy (or g
Felice Foster
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Motive is the 2nd book in the Office Roulette trilogy and picks up from book 1 running. Grace has been framed for her boss' murder. Since she's been in a secret relationship with Rye, a rival of the company, her innocence is questioned.

I enjoyed Grace and Rye together. He just wouldn't let her curl up and hide away. Because of a previous scandal she was involved in, Grace tried to call quits, (like she did before) but Rye was persistent. I like how this situation is bringing all of these "secret
Leah
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Grace Dorrance and Rye Marshall are featured in the second book in the Office Roulette series. As rivals they were trying to keep their relationship private but the death of Grace’s boss has brought their relationship into the open. They have a complicated past that all comes out in the search for the killer. Kennedy Layne wastes no time picking up the story right from where the last book left off. Who has the best motive for murder? I can’t wait until the next book for the conclusion to the sto ...more
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is book 2 in this series and the suspense was just as strong in this book as it was in book 1. I recommend reading book 1 first since the side story is just as important as the love story between the characters. Grace and Rye were hot together. They had a chemistry that made me swoon and I enjoyed reading this all in one night.
Carolyn
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Book!

The intrigue and mystery continues in this second book. The list of suspects grows and the heat level is off the charts. I still haven’t figured out who the bad guy is and that’s unusual for me. I also loved seeing old friends from CSA again!
A
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Motive was a great book. I could not put it down. This is the second book in the trilogy, and it jumps right into the action. The romance is sexy, and the suspense is captivating. I cannot wait for the conclusion next month!!!
Dee Dee  Dhein
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can’t wait for #3

I really enjoy these characters but felt this one drag on a bit, but the end has me anxious for number 3!!
Alayna
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

The second book in a trilogy and it is full of drama and suspense! Can’t wait for the next book to find out who the killer is
Vicky
Pratitis
Sep 12, 2018
Melody-rose Parker
Jul 20, 2018
Kennedy Layne is a USA Today bestselling author. She draws inspiration for her military romantic suspense novels in part from her not-so-secret second life as a wife of a retired Marine Master Sergeant. He doubles as her critique partner, beta reader, and military consultant. They live in the Midwest with their teenage son and menagerie of pets. The loyal dogs and mischievous cats appreciate her w ...more

Office Roulette (3 books)
  • Means (Office Roulette #1)
  • Opportunity (Office Roulette #3)