Start by marking “Henry and Mudge and a Very Merry Christmas (Henry and Mudge, #25)” as Want to Read:
Henry and Mudge and a Very Merry Christmas (Henry and Mudge, #25)

Henry and Mudge and a Very Merry Christmas

(Henry and Mudge #25)

Christmas at Henry and Mudge's house means cookies and carols and presents, and the whole family gathering for a delicious breakfast (with lots of food falling on the floor for Mudge). It may just be the best Christmas ever -- but Henry's favorite present is the big, lovable dog he's had all along.
Published October 1st 2005 by Simon Spotlight (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Henry and Mudge and a Very Merry Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Henry and Mudge and a Very Merry Christmas

midnightfaerie
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
A book my 6 yr old loved, a little old for my preschoolers. A solid reading level 2 book, this reader has a good amount of advanced vocabulary words, but not so long that it discourages a new reader. Used it for his read out loud book, which was perfect. It took about 20 mins for him to read and had just enough new vocabulary words to make it challenging. Also, it was a fun and interesting story he could get into. He liked it so much, he asked for more by this author. Great reading book!
Alex
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book because I like Christmas. I also enjoyed this book because I liked the part when Annie came over and brought Snowball and Mudge sniffed Annie's earmuffs just to make sure they weren't bunnies.
Sheila
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, childrens
This is another book out of our Christmas collection, which comes out every year at Christmas time. I always liked the Henry and Mudge series of books, mainly because I like the big dog Mudge.

I enjoy this Henry and Mudge Christmas story because it is a story about family. It is not about the greed of Christmas, of wanting presents, etc., but instead the focus is on time spent with family, baking Christmas cookies, and in the end, when the day is over, Henry and Mudge and his parents go for a wa
Ho hum seasonal selection from the Henry and Mudge series. (And, incidentally, the first I have read.) This easy reader book actually contains a few stories none of which are particularly interesting or exciting. There is nothing wrong with the illustrations but they certainly are not mind-blowing either. Doubtful such lackluster fare would spark the minds of reluctant readers.
Leigh
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not plot heavy but great for beginning readers. Henry and Midge are staples for us and the Christmas story is darling.
Chantelle
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My son and I both thoroughly enjoyed every book in this series and were excited to find out what would happen as we started each one. Because my son was between 5-6 years old (he's an advanced reader) at the time, he easily identified with Henry and loved Mudge because (1) he desperately wanted a dog, and (2) Mudge's goofiness was endearing AND hilarious.

Read Aloud: Pre-K and Kindergarten
Introduces plot, character development, foreshadowing, and use of imagery.

Independent Reading: First or Seco
Rosa Cline
Oct 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas, kids
This was our first to read Henry and Mudge books. This was a good 'homey' feeling feel good child's Christmas book. Henry a little boy has a HUGE dog (about the size of him) and apparently they are best friends and do everything together. In this story they make cookies together, Mudge cleans up; they go caroling together, and in the end they celebrate opening gifts and eating dinner with extended family that come to visit. A nice Christmas story to read to your little person. (NOTE there is no ...more
Dolly
Dec 28, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a nice book in the "Henry and Mudge" series. Christmas cookies, family and togetherness is the theme of this story, with plenty of joy and fun for all. It's a fairly typical Christmas story and our girls enjoyed it, as they do all the books by this author/illustrator team of Rylant and Stevenson.
Christy
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: easy-reader
Catriona Rogers
Dec 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Lovely book! We gave it to my daughter and niece for Christmas. We enjoyed the holiday traditions described and illustrated in the book. Gillian loves the series because she is crazy about dogs.
Melissa
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Brenner loves Henry and Mudge!
Paige Mcleod
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I love this book. It reminds me of when i was a kid. I love the pictures and captions. The book gives you that holly jolly spirit and a good laugh too.
Jessie
Jul 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Henry and Mudge, a lovable boy and his lovable dog celebrate the holidays.
Bec
Jul 25, 2008 rated it liked it
This is a popular series among second graders and their teachers. I can see why.
Nichole
My son, 7, greatly enjoyed reading this book.
Tim Sieber
Oct 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very special book that I enjoy reading to my daughter
Jaeger Matthias
Jan 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011, first-100
that henry and mudge got all of their friend and relatives and had a christmas//
Tracy
  • It's Justin Time, Amber Brown
  • Dragon's Merry Christmas
  • Amelia Bedelia's Family Album
  • The Mouse Before Christmas
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas (Toot & Puddle)
  • Amelia Bedelia Under Construction
  • Santa Claus the World's Number One Toy Expert
  • Uncle Vova's Tree
  • Sam and the Lucky Money
  • Tacky's Christmas
  • Thanksgiving at the Tappletons'
  • Froggy's Best Christmas
  • The Berenstain Bears And The Baby Chipmunk
  • Carl's Christmas
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she ...more

Henry and Mudge (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Henry and Mudge - The First Book (Henry and Mudge, #1)
  • Henry and Mudge in Puddle Trouble (Henry and Mudge, #2)
  • Henry and Mudge in the Green Time (Henry and Mudge, #3)
  • Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon (Henry and Mudge, #4)
  • Henry and Mudge in the Sparkle Days (Henry and Mudge, #5)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Forever Sea (Henry and Mudge, #6)
  • Henry and Mudge Get the Cold Shivers (Henry and Mudge, #7)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Happy Cat (Henry and Mudge, #8)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Bedtime Thumps (Henry and Mudge, #9)
  • Henry and Mudge Take the Big Test (Henry and Mudge, #10)