Start by marking “Martha Berry: A Woman of Courageous Spirit and Bold Dreams” as Want to Read:
Martha Berry: A Woman of Courageous Spirit and Bold Dreams

Martha Berry: A Woman of Courageous Spirit and Bold Dreams

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The founder of The Berry Schools (now Berry College), Martha Berry became a pioneer in education, honored and admired by prominent figures throughout the world.
Published September 1st 1992 by Peachtree Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Martha Berry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Martha Berry

really liked it 4.00  ·

Beth Barron
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a Berry alum, Martha has impacted my life in a million different ways she will never know.
I knew many of these stories from college, but had never read them chronologically.
The zeal and gumption Martha possessed to defy social norms and accomplish a dream that still exists today are unparalleled. I could sing her praises for days, though I'm sure she was often a difficult woman to be around because of her stubbornness.
Nonetheless I am unendingly grateful for her and for Joyce Blackburn's ac
Kelley S. Kent
This is an excellent children’s biography, with photographs (b/w). It’s ironic that I finished reading it on Martha Berry’s birthday, aka Mountain Day at Berry College. The school isn’t what it used to be.
Elizabeth
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Grandmother took me out to Martha Berry's Berry College on my visits with her. My Grandfather was born in a house just north of the school. And seeing as I live pretty close to Berry now I thought I'd learn a bit more about this remarkable woman. It astounds me what one woman can accomplish. And in that time period! I enjoyed reading about people and places I'd heard of long ago. I have a renewed appreciation for the College and for all Martha did to build it all. Fascinating read! Now I can' ...more
Makeda
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think that the author did a good job of describing the life and accomplishments of Martha Berry. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to learn about people who inspire others, and help people by teaching them how to do things their own way.
Sonic Banana