Start by marking “Godless: The Church of Liberalism” as Want to Read:
Godless: The Church of Liberalism

Godless: The Church of Liberalism

3.31  ·  Rating details ·  2,816 Ratings  ·  359 Reviews
"If a martian landed in America and set out to determine the nation's official state religion, he would have to conclude it is liberalism, while Christianity and Judaism are prohibited by law.
Many Americans are outraged by liberal hostility to traditional religion. But as Ann Coulter reveals in this, her most explosive book yet, to focus solely on the Left's attacks on ou
Published 2006 by Crown Forum

To ask other readers questions about Godless, please sign up.
Charles most likely because she holds views you disagree with snowflake

Stephen
When it comes to politics…I despise BOTH political parties. I’m an equal opportunity hater, and I think the whole lot are terminally infected with greedy, contemptible, hypocritical scumbagginess.
Jesus FU

About the only thing I detest more than the politicians themselves, are the self-appointed, idiotic, partisan flamethrowers who have nothing...NOTHING...to contribute to the discussion of real issues facing the country. It's all just vitriol, sound-byte platitudes and ceaseless aggression.

They could
Kate
Jul 13, 2007 rated it did not like it
This is quite possibly the most disgusting work ever written or published.

Republicans should be ashamed to even have someone like Ann Coulter in their party. The book makes nothing but personal attacks to demean the Democratic Party and make Liberalism look like devil worship. If being liberal is that bad and wanting freedom from religion is so terrible, maybe Ann is the one who doesn’t belong in America: the nation built on Religious freedom and choice.
Georgia
Sep 25, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: anyone you hate
If I could punch one person in the world right in the face, it would definitely be Ann Coulter. She is a crazy, racist bitch. Also, the book sucked in case you were wondering.
Manny
Oct 17, 2009 rated it did not like it
I once spent about half an hour at a Palo Alto bookstore leafing through this. Friends often tease me about my willingness to read anything, but it literally made me feel ill. I'm trying to recall other things I've come across that have had a similar effect. The only one I can come up with right now is Wikipedia's description of the notorious viral video 2 Girls 1 Cup. I would guess that I'm less likely to watch that than I am to finish Godless, but it's close.

It's very sad to consider that the
Nandakishore Varma
Jun 06, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hate-mongerers
It should be titled "Brainless" - more apt in the case of Ann Coulter.

Whew! I didn’t think I would survive the ordeal of reading this book.

Ann Coulter is a prominent right-wing media personality in America. However, it is not her conservative views which get her attention: it is the outright hatred she has for the “other”, and the purposefully rude way in which she expresses her opinion, that does it. Liberals hate her, and she revels in it.

I read this book to see whether Ann is as black as she’
Michele
Jun 27, 2007 rated it did not like it
Ann Coulter is the Devil
Wifey
Mar 26, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People who liked The Da Vinci Code
This book is about as accurate as The Da Vinci Code, and it would be really offensive if it wasn't so hilarious. Mostly because it's funny when you glimpse the inner workings of the severely mentally handicapped. I heard some strange things when I taught special ed., but nothing comes close to the fantasy world Ann Coulter thinks she lives in. But what do I know, I'm a woman.
David Simonetti
Nov 21, 2007 rated it it was amazing
If you like unbridled opinion with a nasty and sarcastic twist this is the book to read. After hearing all the denounciations of the book, I had to read it and I thoroughly enjoyed, particularly the attack on the New Jersey widows. But not only that, Ann clearly makes a strong argument that liberals have created their own religion, which is why they are so hostile towards other form of organized religion. If there is anything that bothers the Left more than anything is when the masses turn to or ...more
Ashleigh
Feb 01, 2008 rated it liked it
My very first Ann Coulter book...I find her outrageously hilarious. If I had more guts I'd be as outspoken as she is. Her books, including this one, are generally self-absorbed and depreciative of anyone not a conservative, but therein lies the humor. Liberals take themselves way too seriously...Coulter takes advantage of their sensitive feelings and uses their public outrage to fuel her own popularity and book sales. Smart woman.
Robert Beveridge

Ann Coulter, Godless: The Church of Liberalism (Crown, 2006)

I would like to be able to review Ann Coulter's newest tome, Godless: The Church of Liberalism, fairly. However, I find myself unable to do so because Coulter's entire premise is a ludicrous, but increasingly common, fallacy: the equation of conservatism with orthodox religion (specifically, in this case, Christianity, though I've often heard Joe Lieberman, an orthodox Jew, described as conservative as well). I'm not sure how this odd d
Justin
Same old same old from our favorite horse faced ultra conservative Ann Coulter. When she's not shrieking the usual conservative rhetoric (liberal want to kill babies, outlaw Christianity, force mass gay marriages etc...) she's accusing liberal of betraying the nation, colluding with Communists and plotting the downfall of the USA. I'm not sure what's worse, that people actually like this garbage or having to look at that grotesquery on the cover.
David Cox
Jul 24, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: hillary clinton
Coulter's brash, irreverent style would make her a cultural icon if she were on the left. But even liberals ready to bust a gasket over her views will not be able to hold back a laugh now and then.
Richard Derus
Sep 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: scumbag

Like her view of gawd isn't the problem with the world today.
Kelly
Nov 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Republicans, conservatives, or open-minded individuals ONLY
Recommended to Kelly by: A friend
This one is pretty simple: If you are conservative, Republican, or extremely open-minded, you MIGHT like it...If you're Democrat or a liberal, you're going to hate it...but for God's sake, I hate reading reviews were someone didn't even READ the entire book. I read it from cover to cover.

Ann Coulter has a really snarky sense of humor that can come off as condescending and annoying, sometimes. The reason why some conservatives tolerate her is because when she's funny, she's hysterical, but when s
Books Ring Mah Bell
Dec 21, 2007 rated it did not like it
Shelves: poop
complete and utter poo. the reason she's so damn stupid is that she's obviously undernourished. Get that woman a cheeseburger- STAT!
Julio Genao
Oct 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
Complete horseshit.
Terry Check
Mar 27, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: anyone who wishes to know the other side
Shelves: politics
It was very...interesting. As a democrat and a liberal, I wanted to find out what fuels the other side. As content goes, it was very poor, as she made blanket statements and backed up her work with only a few examples which could be easily refuted. Her arguements were devoid of logic, not due to content but due to the way she argued. A high school debater could have made her book look like a fool.
Lisa
Mar 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Coulter carefully and systematically lays out her idea that liberalism rejects the idea of God and reviles people of faith, but liberalism bears all the attributes of a religion. Coulter reveals the Church of Liberalism, showing its sacraments (abortion), its holy writ (Roe v. Wade), its martyrs (from Soviet spy Alger Hiss to cop-killer Mumia Abu-Jamal), its clergy (public school teachers), its churches (government schools, where prayer is prohibited but condoms are free), its doctrine of infal ...more
Sandra James
Mar 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: conservativism
What can I say. I love Ann Coulter. If you can take the tongue-in-cheek sarcasm as just that--sarcasm, Ann's arguements are worth the effort. Great read. I couldn't put it down until I had finished it.
Brandt
Jul 18, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Chilly campers near a waning campfire, Russians low on toilet paper
Not much merit here. Mostly hate mongering. The beligerence is about the level of something you'd expect from someone who'd recently bad touched a "Communist" dachshund.
Anthony
Apr 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who REALLY wants to know what the whole conservative v. liberal debate is all about
Ok, so I love Ann Coulter, I’ve said it. Abrasive and politically incorrect in the extreme, she calls it like she sees it and, if you can get past her confrontational style to her message, she is usually right on the money. (no pun intended…) This is the best of her myriad books and plainly elucidates the core values (or lack thereof) in the ongoing conservative v. liberal philosophical debate. You really ought to read this book, even if you think you can’t stand the author. You may discover tha ...more
Noelle
Jul 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Although some of the things she says are a little caustic, I thought it was informative. The democrats are very against teaching Christianity in schools, but they have replaced it with their own religion and set of values. Instead of teaching creationism, they demand teaching evolution (which many atheistic scientist agree is not supported by scientific evidence.) There were a lot of other things that were worth reading.
Regina Doman
Sep 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed it, but I am a fan. I knew all the basics of the material Coulter covers (what conservative religious person isn't familiar with the usual attacks?) but I *still* learned something new and still found myself riveted. Preaching to the choir, maybe, but enjoyable!
Bob Pratt
Jan 02, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: people I hate
Shelves: total-crap
I got this book for free, otherwise I would never had read it. It is the most B.S. book I have ever seen. Little evidence, wild accusations, and spitefull attacks on anyone who doesn't share her viewpoints. Needless to say I left my copy by my toilet, in case I run out of T.P..
Mike (the Paladin)
Sep 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: political
I noted that this book is one "they" listed as one of the worst. Sorry...can't agree. Yes it skewers a lot of sacred cows, yes Ann throws bombs...but she usually makes sense. And, she's funny doing it. Everyone has a right to their opinion political and otherwise, don't let it color your opinion as to quality. For what it is this is a well written book. Even if a lot of people would like to burn it.

My advice? Don't decide against reading a book due to someone else's opinion...take a chance, deci
Todd
May 26, 2009 rated it did not like it
"I'm a Christian first, and a mean-spirited, bigoted conservative second, and don't you ever forget it. You know who else was kind of "divisive" in terms of challenging the status quo and the powers-that-be of his day? Jesus Christ."
— Ann Coulter (If Democrats had Any Brains, They'd be Republicans)

Even though I never agree with Ann Coulter I used to at least think she was intelligent. She passed the bar exam right? But, after reading Godless: the Church of Liberalism I take that back. This is
Travis
Apr 16, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: that-crazy-woman
Liberalism is a religion, and a whacked out one at that, but conservatism is a rational school of thought?
name calling is humor and/ or political commentary?

and what's up with Ann's hate for the 9-11 widows? How very Christian of her and compassionate conservative of her.

I'm really baffled what the appeal of this woman is.

Andrew
Mar 14, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: politics
Complete garbage. A book packed with name calling and absurd generalizations. Even from a conservative perspective this book is best passed over.
Paul Whetten
Jun 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Ann's pen is sharper than a cutco knofe.
Marvin
Oct 17, 2009 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: absolutely no one
Shelves: non-fiction
Giving another one star review to Ann Coulter''s Godless is probably just another example of sadistic sodomistic necrophilia (that's beating a dead horse) yet anything to lower the general review rating to a more realistic level (like...maybe...one) should be appreciated.

Bottom line. Coulter reveals herself in this book to be petty, vicious, totally devoid of any real ability to understand anything of a scientific nature, and totally unwilling to have an open mind about anything outside her own
Goodreads Librari...: Please merge and update details 3 13 Mar 10, 2016 02:37PM
Christian Theolog...: Ann Coulter and her defense of Christianity 15 36 Sep 02, 2014 10:02PM
  • Let Freedom Ring: Winning the War of Liberty over Liberalism
  • The Way Things Ought to Be
  • Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy
  • An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
  • Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild
  • The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Churches, Schools, and Military
  • Arrogance: Rescuing America From The Media Elite
  • Shut Up and Sing: How Elites from Hollywood, Politics, and the Media are Subverting America
  • Culture Warrior
  • America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag
  • Useful Idiots: How Liberals Got It Wrong in the Cold War and Still Blame America First
  • Men in Black: How Judges are Destroying America
Ann Coulter is the author of seven New York Times bestsellers — Guilty: Liberal Victims and Their Assault on America (January 2009);If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans (October, 2007); Godless: The Church of Liberalism (June 2006); How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)(October, 2004); Treason: Liberal Treachery From the Cold War to the War on Terrorism (June 2003); Slander: Liberal ...more
“No matter what argument you make against evolution, the response is Well, you know, it's possible to believe in evolution and believe in God. Yes, and it's possible to believe in Spiderman and believe in God, but that doesn't prove Spiderman is true.” 45 likes
“The New York Times and the rest of the mainstream media will only refer to partial birth abortion as 'what its opponents refer to as partial birth abortions.' What do its supporters call it? Casual Fridays? Bean-with-bacon potato chip dip? Uh . . . Steve?” 10 likes