Start by marking “Palace Intrigue: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #3)” as Want to Read:
Palace Intrigue: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #3)

Palace Intrigue: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages

(Средневековая история #3)

She suddenly wished that her medical school had offered a course on the art of intrigue… What seemed to be just an accident now carries an ugly and poisonous truth inside. Time to lift the veil.
Aliya, now Countess Lillian Elizabeth Mariella Earton and wife to the Earl of Earton, is trying to uncover the truth behind Lillian’s miscarriage and the unhappy course of her marr
Published July 10th 2018 by Litworld Ltd. (first published January 1st 2014)

Oya Akdogan
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I feel like the story is only getting better and better.. Little Miranda and Aliya's relationship is really marvelous. I also like how the earl is being driven into a corner in this one and can't wait to read how the story will unfold itself further!
Crystal Ganley
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More!

This is a great series. Just got book 3 and read it non-stop. I read the first two books about two weeks ago, and pre-ordered the third . Now I have to wait for the fourth book. Please write fast I love these books!
Qrez
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WANT THE NEXT BOOK NOW!!!!
It was wonderful!
Carrick D
Good Alt. History Story

Good character development and correct level of action without crazy ridiculous amount rapid technology introduction. Level of intrigue and plot development is also good.
Serroi
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love the story but

It's a great story but I just can't afford the next book. First book was KU, next was 4.99, then 3rd was 5 something and then was raised to 6.95 and now the next book is 6.95. I had no problem when it was 4.99 but the constant price increases. I just can't see paying such high prices for a new author.
Christian
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Impressive! I can't wait for 3

Impressive! Medieval Tale and Lina Potter are Russian National Treasures that belong on film and in print. Where = 3
KS PIERCE
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More more more!!!!

Oh my gosh! There are many lessons in life to learn from Lily. I want more, more, more! How soon until the next book release?
Carolyn Wills
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Why do authors stretch out a storyline over several books?

I have enjoyed reading all three books. A strong heroine and intrigue. What I don't like is waiting for the next book or cliffhangers. I will sometimes never finish a series of books because, Iwould have moved on. Not a patient reader for cliff hangers. I also sometimes forget them, if the previous book was not that great.
Carrie Frei
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I need the next two books!

This book, as with the previous two, was awesome! It can be a little hard to follow because there is a lot going on, and good luck trying to sum it all up for someone (i tried to tell my husband the basics... just that took about 5 minutes). I really can't wait to see what happens in the next two books. Part of me is hoping that Lily and Jess fall in love, the rest of me wants him out of the picture! Can't wait to see what happens !!!
Vernda Monette
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing..great writing...always

Kept me wondering what would happen next. Allows for the mind to figure out the next move. Looking forward to the next book.
Teri Augustine
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Great tale. Elementary writing. Lousy editing.

Enjoyed the story very much, but often the sentence structure and phrasing caused me to have to re-read passages to understand. Also, simple things like editing could have improved this read.
Frankie
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is the most enjoyable I've read this year.

I read constantly and love getting into a good story. This author writes so well. The characters are so real I can picture them. Lily's experience in this new life is fascinating. I can't get enough. I hope the next book is coming soon and that it is longer.
Carol
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Another Wow Read

This woman is amazing! Her new world is fascinating! I love the way the threads of the story are coming together. This story is rich in detail. I have been glued to the pages and can't wait for more!
bobbi stevens
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of those books that I could not put down.

This is book 3 in what I think is a 5 book series. I found the first book quite by accident but I was hooked. The characters are so interesting as is the storyline. The only problem I had with this book is that when I was 2/3s of the way through I found myself slowing down because i didn't want it to end! Please, please hurry and bring out the next book in the series.
Flea
NEED MORE PLEASE
This is the 3rd book in the Medieval Tale series by Lina J. Potter and I’m seriously obsessed. I actually read this book in a day and a half (doing nothing BUT reading) and turned right around and reread the whole thing all over again because I wasn’t ready to walk away from this world.
Best time travel story I’ve ever read.
Linda L. Gray
Please more!!

Love this series, can't wait until #4. This is the best, characters have me nail biting waiting for next book hurry please.😂
Barkelnic
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Best

As an avid reader of medieval fantasy and time travel, it is often frustrating to read so many mediocre tales.
This series is a welcome exception. The plot is interesting, the characters fascinating, and I can't wait to continue the journey with the next book in the series.
Do yourself a favor and join the ride.
Keri

Book 2 - 4 Stars
Book 3 - 3 Stars
Book 4 - 2.5 Stars
Book 5 - 3 Stars

This is the premise of the series in a nutshell:

Aliya is a medical school graduate gifted with both smarts and an athletic body. Her life seems perfect...until she finds herself in a fatal car accident. Instead of dying, however, she wakes up in a completely different body, in the middle of a half-ruined castle during alternate medieval times. Confused and disma
Teri
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Build Up in Story!

I have enjoyed this book & cannot wait to learn how the series wraps up all the intrigues, mysteries, and future layout of the many characters, which surround our heroine. A couple editing issues in language, but the translation from Russian to English could be a factor. Like able characters and great descriptions. A few scenes had a build up of possibilities, but was never used, like Mirrie carrying a small knife in her boot. Will the next 2 books use that informati
Rolanda Blacker
May 06, 2019 rated it liked it
A disjointed ending

I have enjoyed reading this series right up until the terribly disappointing ending. The last two chapters read like a book summary. Did the author get tired of writing , of the story of what?? I'm two of three chapters she did a quick summary of each character and how they ended up over one generation. It was awful after becoming involved with these characters to have them "written off" in a couple of pages. Wrong wrong wrong! It was a happily ever after end, but poorly deliv
christine
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Tricky author

I really like this story. I'm surprised Amazon has allowed a partial series in the kindle unlimited, but okay, I get it. I believe in capitalism and getting paid well for good work... But the third book - the first one you pay for - is nearly 50% repeat material from the previous kindle unlimited book. That crosses a line for me. That's the last one I'm purchasing because I feel that's truly deceptive. I'm sad because the author definitely has storytelling talent, and I'd love to ke
Sharon
Feb 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Cliffhanger

$7 for this book and it's not very long. This series could have been completed into two books easily. Then it would worth the price because it is a good story.
They are also CLIFFHANGERS.
The rating I am giving is not that the book wasn't good because it was. It's that I don't like CLIFFHANGERS and it is dirty of an author to use this tactic to get people to read their books. I will probably read the test of this series but when I finish I won't read more by this author.
I will rate eac
Mary A
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness. This series is so DIFFERENT than anything I've read before! I love Lily! She is Seriously one of the coolest heroines I've ever read. She would scare me to death in real life, I would be nervous to work with her but would totally admire her from a far. Usually I'm a sucker for romance in a story, but with these books I'm constantly asking "what amazing thing is she going to do next?!" Looking forward to the last 2 books. It is a translation so some things come across quite differ ...more
Helen M. Whitchurch
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Modern day Russian woman in a medieval type other world

No magic and not much violence between nations but women are low status and to be different is dangerous. While her body belongs to her new home, her mind is very different indeed and she hopes her neglectful husband stays far away until she has enough status and resources to be safe if he returns. If he knew about her murderous fantasies he would want to stay far away.
Virginia Accurso
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When read the first book I immediately became Lillian and had too force myself too stop reading in order to get things done around the house and work.
I loved the second book even more. I even got my mom interested in them. She's one book behind me has to wait patiently for me to finish my book, so that I can mail it to her.
The third book was even more exciting than the first too and I'm looking forward to starting the forth book.
Magila
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The other two parts of this series both got four stars from me, and I decided to give this one five because it is picking up steam. Sometimes I do say to myself "isn't that convenient, here is something else this person happens to know," but I'm happy to look past this. Suspend disbelief just a tad and you'll have a really enjoyable experience continuing the story. I also really enjoy what the author is trying to do in featuring the female protagonist.
Sharon Phelps
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous Science fantasy

Can't get enough of this series. Loving it!! So much going on all the time what with the murder and palace intrigues and 20th century technology being reinvented and introduced into a 16th century world,, as well as ideas and culture. It is all written so well and with humor and the characters just spring to life as the pages fly by.
John Mitchell
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A tale well told by a superb story teller!

As a septarian male, this genre is not my usual, but the concept of an educated twenty-four century woman swept back hundreds of years caught my fancy. The characters are wonderful, the action hear and the plots ingenious. Have read all six books and pre-order the seventh. Can't get enough of Potter's works!
Frank Bertino
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Saga Continues

The Countess continues to expand her business endeavors while coming to terms with three Kingdoms. Her love and protectiveness of her step daughter continue to grow. She walks a dangerous path in a land where women are subordinate to men. I continue to be riveted to the flow of the story of this series. I look forward to the next book.
Bianca Sorrells
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 1,2,& 3 Review

Excellent storyline. Couldn't put it down. Ready for book 4 & 5!
Is everything you'd want in a story. Love, intrigue, action, mystery, suspense, drama and romance.

• Necropolis (The Royal Sorceress, #3)
  • Misfit Magic (Misfits, #1)
  • Royal Return (Royal Replicas, #4)
  • Dragon in Distress
  • Rytuał
  • Empress of Storms (Two Thrones, #1)
  • I'm a WHAAAT?! (I was reincarnated as a Magic Academy! Book 1)
  • Galactic Legend of Life and Death
  • My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Volume 1
  • Taking Flight (Ethshar, #5)
  • A Living Dungeon
  • A Healer's Gift (Adventures on Brad #1)
  • The Summoned Mage (Convergence, #1)
  • The God Decrees (Devan Chronicles, #1)
  • Ratpaths (Tales of Istonnia, #1)
  • Triumff: Her Majesty's Hero
  • Fuel to the Fire (Fuel to the Fire, #1)
  • Muse of Art (Geodyssey, #4)
Call it inspiration, the voice of a Muse, or plain obsession… Lina J. Potter has been dreaming up stories for as long as she can remember. She has a light-hearted approach to writing. Whenever she is not writing, you can find her practicing karate and lace-making. Nowadays, she lives in the quite town of Tambov with her husband, daughter and two cats.

Lina is looking forward to hearing from you! C

Средневековая история (5 books)
  • First Lessons: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #1)
  • The Clearing: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #2)
  • The Royal Court: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #4)
  • The Price of Happiness: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #5)
“People generally forget the things they are ashamed of, but no one ever forgets an insult.” 1 likes
“Why couldn’t his stupid wife sit at home and work on her embroidery? What was all this nonsense about slave traders and thievery?” 0 likes