Start by marking “Waking Wild (Stupid Awesome Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Waking Wild (Stupid Awesome Love, #2)

Waking Wild

(Stupid Awesome Love #2)

She's exactly what he shouldn't want. He's exactly what she needs.

Gemma
I’m fine, at least that’s what I tell everyone. A series of heartbreaks drives me to move across the country and hide away in my pajamas, until a sexy gardener at the San Francisco botanical gardens gets me off my ass. Hell, Jack saves me when I step in dog shit. He’s close to perfect.

But the past ha
ebook
Published September 2018 by Ceri Grenelle

To ask other readers questions about Waking Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waking Wild

Start your review of Waking Wild (Stupid Awesome Love, #2)
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Waking Wild is fire and ice coming together! Jack and Gemma have such an amazing connection from their first snarky meeting. Gemma is walking around with her wounded heart for all to see. She's brash and doesn't give a f@#$. She's been hurt too many times before and she is pretty much done with everyone, including a certain man who she has an undeniable connection to. That's the problem with undeniable connections though, no matter how hard you try and deny it, it never goes away. Jack is so hap ...more
Rubi
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had a hard time getting into this book. It's not a bad book but I struggled to really feel the connection between these two wounded souls. As I kept going I found it.

Gemma has had a lifetime's worth of heartbreak and has finally decided to leave New York behind. We find her in San Francisco with her mother who at times made my teeth hurt I was grinding them so hard. She is a mother and I understand her feelings but at the same time could not stand her meddling in everyone's life. She's a good
Paige Rubino
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first word that came to mind is escape. She's escaping a life that is suffocating her only to connect with Jack who also escaped his life that was slowly strangling him. I loved Gemma's take charge attitude (NY life and all) but she has secrets she's hiding. She needed the California break more than she thought she did. And in the end it healed her.

Much better than the first book, in my opinion. I loved Gemmas story. I loved how she had to confront all her demons to find her true happiness.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Tammy M.
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh how I loved this book! Beautifully written, with complex and diverse characters. Sexy and emotional. This book can be read as a standalone, but you will appreciate the background on the Flanigan family dynamic if you read Sophie and Tony's story first. Actually just go ahead and one-click everything Ceri has written and save yourself some time!

Misty Goan
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gemma leaves New York with alot of heartbreak and goes to San Francisco. Jack has had heartache of his own but never shows it. Meeting Gemma with an amazing connection from their first snarky meeting, he is pulling her out of her heartache but can he compete with her dead ex and the promise she made. A sweet, funny, sexy, and swoonworthy story.  Their struggles, their passion, and their love is absolutely beautifully written with love, passion, snark, heartache, and romance.
Barbara
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book two in the Stupid Awesome Love series and is well-written, this is the first book by this Author that I have read but it will not be the last one. Jack and Gemma have a lot in their pasts that they have to get past if they are to get a happy ending. I will say keep the Kleenex handy. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Lindsey Kramer
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reading Gemma’s story was an experience. It was heartbreaking and beautiful and I felt like I was really getting to know her. Gemma’s book is a must read and now I want to know what happens to Adele and the Rodriguez brothers!
Ga Books LoverX
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
We learn so much more about Gemma in this book and it makes me happy but also makes my heart hurt a bit. She seems to be escaping from NY to find herself in Cali and in the process also finds Jack. Y'all this book is pretty darn good, I adore these two together and loved the story!
C.B.
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
See Amazon Review
Katie Hansen
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was such a remarkable book that I just could not get enough of. You need to check it out yourself and see what I mean.
Nadea Croix
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wild ride that was riveting, thrilling, guaranteed to pique your interest with wonderful details and characters.

Karen
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is an emotional story that is interesting and intriguing. Engaging characters and well written. I appreciate reading this book.
Kelly
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

I’m so glad that Gemma got her own book. It was sweet, funny, sexy, and swoonworthy.
Tanya
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She told everyone she was alright but all she wanted to do was stay in her pjs. He appears and he draws her out. She made a promise to her late husband. Can he compete against a ghost? Will she finally let go? See if she can
I received an advanced copy and I enjoyed it so much that I want to review
Mikki

• Three Words
  • As Long As You Hate Me
  • Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy: An Enemies-to-Lovers Romance
  • My Brother's Billionaire Best Friend
  • Stealing Her (Covet, #1)
  • The Billionaire Book Club (Billionaire Collection 3)
  • VIP (Billionaire Bachelors, #1)
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • Build (Burns Brothers, #1)
  • Bodyguard to the Billionaire (Billionaire Duet, #1)
  • Teased by Fire
  • Southern Charmer (Charleston Heat, #1)
  • The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Perky (Do-Over, #2)
  • Highball Rush (Bootleg Springs #6)
  • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Fashion Jungle
Ceri is the author of quirky and sexy contemporary romance novels. She has a major weakness for sappy cuddle moments as much as hot and steamy sex scenes, and a penchant for writing snappy and sarcastic dialogue. She loves romance that isn't afraid to be awkward and uncouth, and thrives on flawed characters with big hearts.

Ceri is a New York native living in California with her two cats, Mercy an

Stupid Awesome Love (4 books)
  • Sweet Disaster (Stupid Awesome Love, #1)
  • Stark Memory (Stupid Awesome Love, #3)
  • Bursting Out (Stupid Awesome Love, #4)

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...