Start by marking “Deathcaster (Shattered Realms #4)” as Want to Read:
Deathcaster (Shattered Realms #4)

Deathcaster

(Shattered Realms #4)

SPLINTERED ALLEGIANCE.

Warrior Alyssa ana’Raisa would do anything to protect her home, the Fells, and her legacy, the Gray Wolf Line. But as a prisoner of Empress Celestine, Lyss is forced to turn her fearsome talents as an army commander against her beloved homeland. Refusal would swiftly lead to her death, and her death would end the Gray Wolf Line.

ANCIENT DANGER.

In Lyss’
Published March 5th 2019 by HarperTeen

Regan
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
yesssssss
Zoma
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whose here after Stormcaster just staring at the blank page hoping that you will see something change through sheer force of will?

Edit: Hanalea's bloody bones, has it already been a year? Deathcaster releases tomorow? Im so ready!
Robin (Bridge Four)
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Another series in the The Seven Realms  is complete and we have fallen in love with another generation of its characters, journeying along with them against foes - both new and old, in their quest to preserve the Gray Wolf Line and way of life in the Fells.  I will not add too many details as to not spoil the series.

Deathcaster was good; it had most of the things I hoped for in a final book; the reunions of characters and the culmination of
Kailey (Kathryn is looking for me)
Guys..... guys..... I can't handle it.

The WAIT.

A YEAR.

I can't. I really, really can't. I'm sorry CWC, I'll be dead from anticipation long before this comes out.

So please, please, any tender soul, show me a morsel of mercy that when you read this for yourself, do it out loud so that my spirit can hear you. Hold your book out arms-length so that the last ghostly vestiges of my eyeballs can read over your shoulder. In a totally non-creepy way.

Do it for me. For Lyssa and Hal.

For Han.

A YEAR! *GAS
Taylor of Elfhame ❦
After some consideration, I unfortunately had to drop this down to 4 stars. That doesn’t mean I loved it any less! It just wasn’t quite sitting right with me that I ignored some issues I had.

After so long, this series has come to an end. I’ve been invested in the world of the Realms for years and it’s crazy to be letting it go. I’ve fallen in love with two generations of characters and been mesmerized by the scale of politics and intrigue and magic. These novels have truly never received the ap
Jody
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
Very good ending to a fun and fast paced series. Full RTC!

Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

World Building - 4/5
Writing Style - 4/5
Cover - 3/5

Rating - 4 / 5

I truly like the proposal part. ❤😍❤
Stacy
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
No spoilers in this review of Deathcaster. I really liked this book and give it 4.5 stars! I rounded the 4.5 stars down to 4, however, because I didn’t love it as much as The Crimson Crown, the finale of Seven Realms, the predecessor series. Each book in that series was better than the last, culminating in one of my all-time favorite finales.

Even though it lacked a little of the action-packed and emotional punch of The Crimson Crown, Deathcaster was a fitting conclusion overall. How lucky are we
Dan Lutts
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cinda Williams Chima's Deathcaster concludes her Shattered Realms series. The previous novel, Stormcaster left Alyssa ana'Raisa a captive of the fearsome Empress Celestine, who was forcing Alyssa to wage war against her own kingdom. This book brings all the characters in the previous three together – from Alyssa's brother Adrian sul'Han (aka Ash), Jenna Bandelow, Halston Matelon, Evan Strangward to the rest. Wars are waged against Felsmarch and the Kingdom of Arden and a revolt overthrows a king ...more
Rachelle
Really, 2.5 stars.
I think this one was my least favorite of the series, and I really did not like the second book.
I’m not entirely sure if it’s because it’s been a year since I read the last one or if the last one was just so mind blowingly good that this one could never hope to compare, but this one just fell far short of all my expectations.
For one, there was no real battle. For another, all of the endings for the characters were immense let downs. And for a final thing, the characters themse
Julian Kanagy
Travis
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fantastic conclusion to the Sattered Realms series. Cinda Williams Chima has such a way with writing engaging political warfare. I truly feel when I am reading this series that I myself am in the middle of all the action. With this being now the 13th book of Chima's I have completed I can definitely say she is still to this day one of my favorite author of all time. I want to continue reading any and everything she writes in the future. Deathcaster has such a large cast of characters but ...more
Kenna Galloway
Ah. The last 200 pages were excellent, but the 400 before that were just all over the place. Connection to characters got lost in all the perspectives (seven, I think). And while I was inherently invested in the secondary characters, I wish it had not come at the detriment of Lyss and Ash. I love this world and these series, but was ultimately disappointed in this finale’s distraction with servicing every character a superficial character arc.
hpboy13
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deathcaster is nothing if not ambitious. Eight POV characters, more mysteries than the Hardy Boys can solve, several pairs of star-crossed lovers, and an epic sprawling world full of various magics and prejudices. In this four-book series, a full two and a half books were just setup. So the fact that this book is even remotely coherent is worth lauding, let alone that it had some really good and satisfying moments.

Before I get into the nitty-gritty, it’s worth noting that I’m grading on a curve.
Lacey Henderson
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This may be the best series of ever. I mean, heists on heists, dragons, pirates, betrayals and oh yeah DRAGONS. I’m in love and I will reread this series every single year of my life. Good job Chima. You are Queen.
Shannon
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A truly well-earned, authentic happily ever after. Everything isn’t “fixed,” but all questions are answered, and characters completed. Difficult for non-high fantasy fans, but a truly perfect high fantasy novel.
Cocoa  Sencen
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aylin
I wanted to love this book so much as no book in the Shattered Realms series and the Demon King series let me down before but this was so disappointing. I don't understand how this could happen.

What I liked:
- Evan and Destin, nothing more to say to them
- the politics of the world and how everything is connected

But that's it. I mean I still love the overall concept and the characters in itself are still likable - with the exception of Jenna, I somehow have a hard time enjoying her chapters. But t
Jessy (OCD Anonymous) Smith
I've always liked Cinda Williams Chima's books.
I was mad for the Seven Realms Quartet. Absolutely mad.
I don't know if my literary taste has evolved, the book has depreciated or I'm just becoming a bitter jaded old woman but.... I like this series less vigorously than I did before.
I still like it. But that's it. I like it.
Like. It's such a tame word.
My heart isn't pounding and I'm not really rooting for anyone but still. Reading this book and this series was... Pleasant. Like a warm cup of blac
Jessica
This is one of the absolute best series enders I’ve ever read. So many things that I’ve been hoping for finally happen in this book plus way, way more. Long awaited reunions, pirates, magic, dragons, dragon riders, and plenty of action, deception, and twists. I could not put this book down, and I already want to go back and read it again!
Emily
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dragons
The most stunning series I’ve ever read. It’s painful to say goodbye to these characters, my friends. I’ve been waiting so long for this book/end and now that I’ve finished it, I wish I could start again. I’ll carry you with me- Queens of the Gray Wolf Line.
Jewel
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-a-to-g
Actual rating: 4.25

Even though this series conclusion had pacing issues and the ending felt anticlimactic, I would still consider it a satisfying ending because of the awesome character development and brilliant world-building.

We readers have different priorities when we read books - and that's fine. Some readers prefer lots of romance, while others prefer an emphasis on individual character arcs. I belong to the
Dyanna
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shattered Realms Trailer

This last volume in the Shattered Realms was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!

Be aware that it will contain spoilers!

I begun this book with very huge hopes and it let me down big time! Lets start with the plot shall we; so I felt that the all plot was so rushed in so many levels, I mean it took one all page to kill Celestine! We have this ambitious empress that is finished in a few paragraphs! Were was the big war, the climax ? Well friends we have not such a scene happening!

Fro
Desiree J Houser
Wow!!! Wow wow wow!!!! I couldnt put it down!!! It was the greatest ending to the saga!!!
Daphne
This was a fantastic series, with a fantastic last book. I really enjoyed it, and definitely recommend this series to anyone. You do have to read the Seven Realms series first, but that one is also incredible. I would encourage anyone with interest in fantasy to read both.

Though I do think I liked the Shattered Realms series a little bit better. It had a wider scope and a more varied cast of characters. I also really liked how it added to the lore of the world.

Somehow, I tend to forget a lot of
Dan
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, owned, love
4.5 stars.

*Slow clap* I'm just... so happy this turned out good. I can't understand why this series/other books by Cinda Williams Chima are not so well acknowledged as many of the other YA fantasy series out there. This series (and her other series) has so many good elements to it and are just so much fun to read.

Anywayyyys, Deathcaster was amazing and had me hooked throughout the whole ride. I'm hoping for more books in this world because there's just so much potential to tell some really gre
Marie
Jun 28, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-releases
Cinda Williams Chima, you are the queen of cliffhangers. I don't think I can handle the year long waits anymore.
Lesa Divine
Dec 15, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-tbr
So I read book 1, 2 and 3 in this series plus the first series the Seven Realms all read this year 2018. I'll admit I liked the Seven Realms better but I was also interested in a few characters in the Shattered Realms so I'm ready for book 4.
Yamileth Lopez
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Read it. If life hadn't gotten in the way, I would have read it in one sitting. I relished the details and the interaction of all the characters. Sometimes the many voices and perspectives were disorienting and overlapping, but necessary for all the characters to have their voices heard. The conclusion was quick. So much hype for Celestine and then it was over. The details behind her motives was too concise.

(view spoiler)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Untitled (Courting Darkness Duology, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Sky (Untitled, #1)
  • Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
  • When She Reigns (Fallen Isles, #3)
  • Maker's Curse (Millennium’s Rule, #4)
  • The Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy, #3)
  • Untitled (The Dandelion Dynasty, #3)
  • Untitled (Nikolai Duology, #2)
  • Return of the Thief (The Queen's Thief, #6)
  • Seven Devils (Seven Devils, #1)
  • Tears of Frost (Heart of Thorns, #2)
  • Cast in Wisdom
  • What Monstrous Gods
  • The Blacksmith (Iron Seas #5)
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
  • Untitled (The Iron Covenant, #2)
  • Set Fire to the Gods (Set Fire to the Gods, #1)
New York Times bestselling author Cinda Williams Chima comes from a long line of fortune-tellers, musicians and spinners of tales. She began writing romance novels in middle school, which were often confiscated by her teachers.

Her Heir Chronicles series (magic comes to contemporary Ohio) comprises The Warrior Heir The Wizard Heir . The Dragon Heir The Enchanter Heir, and the Sorcerer Heir.

Chima's

Shattered Realms (4 books)
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
  • Shadowcaster (Shattered Realms, #2)
  • Stormcaster (Shattered Realms, #3)
“All we can do is make the best decision possible in that moment. Then move on. Because we can't know how a different choice would play out, it makes no sense to beat ourselves up over what looks like a bad choice in retrospect.” 1 likes
“Courage wasn't lack of fear - it was doing what needed doing in the face of it.” 0 likes