Start by marking “Broken (The Guitar Face Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Broken (The Guitar Face Series Book 1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Broken

(Guitar Face #1)

2016 SIBA HUMOR AND NEW ADULT WINNER!

Guitar Face rocks!" She Hearts Books Blog

I was born to make music and bring the masses to their knees . . . until, I wasn't anymore. Until the thought of doing all of this without him made me sick to my stomach.

Henley Hendrix survives a crash that kills her closest band mate. She’d like nothing more than to retire from music, to hide,
Kindle Edition
Published June 5th 2018 by Bell Bridge Books (first published June 1st 2014)

Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk

This was an adult contemporary romance about a group of rock stars.

Henley was an okay character, and I felt quite sorry for her with regards to the car accident that she was involved in.

The storyline in this was about Henley coming back to music after a break, and starting a relationship with Jagger, a man she had been friends with for most of her life. The romance was probably the best part of the story for me, and we did get a couple of steamy sex scenes.

T
Promiscuous Book Blog
Crickets***

That’s seriously all I’ve been having as far as words go these past two days. I told Miss Marshall yesterday I would have this review ready, but I just couldn’t I seriously needed the time to come to term with “WTH??!!” No joke. I needed to put a few of my thoughts, emotions, and just downright tears into perspective in order to do this book justice…..

This story is unlike any rock story I have read thus far this year, I mean it was real, raw, dirty, and straight just true life throug
Amanda
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rockers-fighters
I received an advanced copy of this book for an honest review.

Guitar Face is a book about a group of life long friends and musicians.

I have never read a book in the Rocker genre but if this is what they are like, I am happily converted!

This book is one roller coaster ride of emotion. I couldn't put it down. I chuckled, I belly laughed, I got pissed, and man did I cry, like where did the tissues go kind of crying.

There are many characters in this book but they are so well developed on their own t
Leona Woolfolk
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Oh my gosh!!!! This book was excellent in all areas. It brought tears to my eyes, it made me laugh till my face hurt, it invoked true emotions from me. Some editing errors...who cares?!!! This book was awesome. An all-time favorite of mine, and that is high praise Mrs. Marshall (I am very picky in my book selection).

I can't believe the book ended that way!!!!!!!!! I am seriously freaking out!!!!!!!! When is the next book coming!!!!!!!!! This book will be on my mind until the next one surfaces!!
LaDonna
A friend, and I quote, "begged" me to read this book, and I must admit she knows my tastes quite well. But oh my, I was not quite prepared for the extent of the emotional rollercoaster.

This one would get five stars simply because I can only think of one other book that came close to the emotional impact this one had on me. I don't do emotions when I read, even though I like books much better when I can connect with the characters. I am just not a crier. This one had me in tears the first time on
Lara Cosio
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sasha Marshall created a true-to-life rock-n-roll world that makes you want to quit your job and go on tour with the gang! The friendships are so real, the characters are well developed, and the music is more than a passing reference. You can tell the author has a real love for music and she is able to reference actual music and write fictional lyrics seamlessly.
The love story between Henley and Jagger is a slow-burn for a bit, then you get to see them fall in love and it feels amazing. But, Mar
SandraBarg
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is about love between a man and a women, friends and family. It made me laugh, cry and get hot and bothered. It is a beautifully written story, with one heck of a cliffhanger! I'm starting book 2 immediately! Great story, great characters, and great writing!
Francine
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a amazing book/series. This story brings every emotion out. You seriously won't want to put it down. I'm not giving anything away so I'm keeping this short. Just read it you won't be disappointed.
KiBo
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Five Guitar Rockin' Stars

Being a huge rocker romance fan, Guitar Face is the best of the best in my opinion. This is NOT a "cookie-cutter" book series. Ya know the kind I'm referring to ... mega, hot rocker falls for average girl whose friend drags her to the concert ... insults and mushy words are exchanged ... within two days they are soul mates for life. Nope, you will definitely NOT find any of that stuff in this book. What you will find is a good, bad and ugly realistic version of the life
Katherine
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sasha sent me a digital copy of Guitar Face in return for an honest review.

The language is quite crass from start to finish and I think that would be the main reason why people would mark it down. It doesn't detract from the book but that sort of thing just isn't for some people, There is a lot of talk of sex and alcohol (and rock and roll!), and although the main plot point is Jagger and Henley's relationship, the story revolves around what happens in their private regions quite a lot.

I haven't
She Hearts Books
Guitar Face is the story of Henley who started playing the guitar at age 5 and was a prodigy by age 12. She's the lead singer of the band Abandoned Shadow touring with her brother's band Broken Access. All of them are super close having grown up together. Then a tragedy happens (full out cried while reading as it happened and still get choked up thinking about it) and Henley not only stops playing music, but she travels the world trying to find peace.

She returns home to photograph a Broken Acce
Helô Delgado
When I started reading this book I had just finished another rock star romance that rocked my feelings. So I thought why not try this one since I've had it in my kindle for weeks.

I began reading and hated to know that Henley lost her best friend in the beginning. I felt so sad while reading the car accident and stopped reading it. I decided to continue the reading hours later and did not regret it.

The story was amazing. Henley is a nice woman who has been grieving her friend for years and deci
Mari
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Henley aka Guitar Goddess is the prodigy guitar player. She comes from a line of guitar players and musicians. Henley's grandfather is her inspiration including his friends. They taught her to play, she had her own band by a young age and they are all her childhood friends. They made it in the music industry on there own merits. Henley's brother Koi also learned to play and started his own band also childhood friends. Henley and Koi's band were both touring together with other bands also they da ...more
Kris
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Came across this as a freebie and it sure looked right up my alley for rock star reads. I flew thru this book like a bat outta hell. Great story, awesome chemistry & drama with a doozy of a cliff hanger so be sure to have book 2 on hand...I actually bought it immediately after finishing this one. I really loved every single character in this story and continue to love them. Kip is hilarious, what a funny character, then again, he IS a drummer! Jagger is killing me with his issues and making ...more
Anna Baxter
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book! I didn't want to put it down. I love the story and will be reading the next book immediately after writing this quick review. This is a steamy, rockstar romance. Yet, I found myself laughing out loud at some of the scenes (thanks to a comical character). It's also kind of sad. The main character losses someone close to her. I recently lost someone close to me and it was a little hard for me to read without thinking of my own life, but it made the story so good. I feel like there ...more
Tanya
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read!!! For anyone who likes a book that will grab you by the heart strings, make you feel like you're in another world and the characters are your BFF's... This book is for you!!!

It is a cliffy though. I didn't realize that but it's so well written I don't even care except for my need to feed the monster that must read the next book!

I didn't sleep last night. I can barely write a coherent thought because I finished the book rather then take a nap after I came home because I was forced to
Dawn
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was provided a copy of this book for an honest review.
This book...how do I tell you how much I loved this book?!The emotions I went through while reading this story makes it a 5 star read for me!
You fall right into the rock star life by meeting two rock'n'roll bands whose members have grown up together...and they are all HOT! The characters in this book have you cherishing their friendships, falling in love, laughing out loud, crying with heartbreak and you never want it to end! Then the boo
Victoria B
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG WOW are my first thoughts about this book! This is the first book that I have read by author Sasha Marshall and boy did she deliver. I don't remember a book that I have laughed and cried so much as I read it. The characters are believable with a great chemistry and the plot and story line flow easy and naturally through out the entire book. I read this book in one day because I just couldn't put it down, I had to know what happens next. I really do hate cliff hangers but thankfully book two ...more
Kathy Aronoff
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How the hell did I NOT write a review after reading this over a year ago? - Maybe it was I NEVER read anything like it, or I has such a book hangover that my mind finally cleared (ok that's a bit of a stretch) I have read hundreds of books since the
80's and I will say I can count on 1 hand how many stories have stuck with me as this one has. This is the beginning of an amazing journey and be very thankful you do not have to wait for the next one.
Real characters you will want to hang out with - R
Janee
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I start this crying so I knew it be a great read! As got to the end I have a feeling what comes next isn't going to be what I hope it be, but I guess it's not my story to tell. So for I can't wait to get to it!!!!
Cherye Elliott
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Guitar Face ---- all of them

What an exciting series. Well written, great plot, love the characters and it kept my emotions going thro the book. Absolutely loved it. You will definitely love it!
Doris
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS WAS CRAZY GOOD!!! I wasn’t sure how to start off with this review because it was so good that I wanted to catch anyone who liked rock romance books and had a chance to read this, to do so. This is the first time I read this author and I can only hope that she will put out more rock romance series.

This book had me all over the place with emotions and believe me Ms. Marshall took you there to the max. I will start out on the lighter side; when I look for a rock romance book I wouldn’t necessa
Michele
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG....I think I found the beginning of my favorite non-biker series. I really don't read musician romance books but this one was highly recommended so I gave it a try. Guitar Face by Sasha Marshall is sooo well written, I could not put it down!! I laughed out loud, I teared up at times, felt Henley's heartbreak, joy, humor, felt Jagger's love for Henley. The story, characters, comradery of the group. Loved it all and I can't wait to begin reading the second book!
Alicia B
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Henley was such amazing character. I think that everyone would lovevto have a person like her in their lives for all the good, bad, and the wild. I cant wait to start the second book. The onky thing I didnt like was the cliffhanger. I wanted more now I need to buy the second book so I find out what happens next.
Tanya
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a sad and emotional start to a fantastically written book! Plenty of humour provided predominately by Rip & Rhys - love those guys. Was great having a strong female rock star - guitar goddess who more than held her own amongst the guys from both her own band & her brothers. Highly recommend.

Oh Jagger what have you done this time?
Donna Coleman
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Powerful

This was a book was a really , really good book to read. The main character was a strong person that went through something that would break most people. It was a great storyline can't wait to read the next installment or preview.
Emily
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story! Henley despite her rocker status is so relatable! You pull for her in a way only characters that touch your heart make you do! I absolutely couldn't put this one down! A great start to an awesome series!
Diary Of Book Fiend
Favorite Rockstar Romance Ever!

I am a true book worm and the more I read the harder it is for me to get interested in a book. So it has to really jump out at me. Sasha Marshall was able to suck me in from the start! Had the entire series reading 2 days!!
Sherry Galloway studdard
This is a must read. It is an Amazing heart torn from your chest read. Ms Marshall put her heart and soul in this book and it shows. It's a page turner that holds you until the end. Don't miss out. Read the book.
Theresa Perrella
WOW

This story pulls you in from the beginning and has you wanting more and the end. Sasha Marshall weaves the story so well your heart is pounding, your eyes are watering and your laughing th whole way through.
  • A Rocker's Melody (Dust and Bones, #1)
  • Playing At Love (Rogue Series, #2)
  • Unexpected: The Complete Collection #1-6 (Unexpected #1-6)
  • Rhythm (Wrecked #1.5)
  • We All Fall Down (Of Love and Madness, #2)
  • Hollywood Blackmail (Seacliffe Medical #1)
  • Backstage (Boy Band #2)
  • Redeeming You (Before You, #2)
  • Love Songs for the Road
  • Gibson's Legacy (Last Score, #1)
  • Evan's Encore: Meltdown: The Conclusion (Meltdown book 4)
  • A Kiss for Christmas
  • Ripped (Wreckage, #2)
  • Reft
  • Deeper Than Dreams (Love & Steel, #1.5)
  • Love Me Broken
  • Under My Thumb (Serenade #1)
  • Unwritten (Rock Star Duet, #1)
Award-winning author Sasha Marshall is devoted to giving her readers humorous adventures with a love story sure to melt their hearts---and their minds. She wants you to laugh, cry, get angry, and sigh when you find redemption in the story, because that's the roller coaster of real life. Her knowledge of the music industry comes from being a touring concert photographer with legendary bands such as ...more

Guitar Face (5 books)
  • There's No Crying in Rock-n-Roll (Guitar Face, #2)
  • Walking Back to Georgia
  • River of Deceit (Guitar Face, #4)
  • Make It Rain (Guitar Face, #5)
“That is sacrilegious. You just totally dissed man code. If we don’t have man code, the world will fall apart."

Kip Paxton”
7 likes
“I am serenading you sweetheart,” Kip says, “The way I figure it, you like those idiots who play guitars, so I figure I will learn how to play so I can seduce you. Jagger will understand. I mean he can’t play drums for shit, so you will have no choice but to fall madly in love with my guitar and drum playing skills.” He grins like a Cheshire cat.” 5 likes